Why was Miko not on from the start yesterday?

Frankenstein Jambo.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Could'nt understand this decision at all from Shabba. He had been one of our better players this season where as kingston has been pesh Was he carrying an injury or something?

Because Driver came back in.

Seems like Kingston will always start when available.

I can kind of see why, as he can make something from nothing if he can be arsed. Miko is more of a team player though.

I also think Miko is a hell of a lot better impact player from the bench. Run and stretch a team all over the place for an hour, then let Miko run at them.:)

Kingston is in the shop window - a couple of Championship sides are sniffing about just now, and I'm sure that if we get an acceptable bid he'll be off.

Better as a sub,add on to the fact that he has never been better than crap any time he has played against hibs at fester rd.

Thought he should have come on for the last 20mins though.

Could'nt understand this decision at all from Shabba. He had been one of our better players this season where as kingston has been pesh Was he carrying an injury or something?

i wouldn't have played him vs hobos. he's public enemy number 1, wrongly imo. he was a cert to be kicked up and down the park with no protection, a cert to retaliate, and a cert to be booked and/or sent off for supposed dives or some other spurious reason.

if csaba left him out for those kind of reasons, hats off to him, it shows some understanding of the scottish game.

Miko should have came on for LK with 15 mins to play

Agreed. I thought maybe 20-25 mins of him running at the full back with driver at the other side might have made a bit of a difference.

I feel that larry is being played every week as he may be the next player that vlad cashes in on in jan or in the summer. Im not sure anybody would want him on recent performances tho. Maybe a couple of games on the bench may give him a much needed kick up the erse!!

miko hasn't done anything wrong to be dropped though.

Perhaps he didn't fit in with his tactics for the game? I would liked to have seen him feature for the last 15/20 minutes though.

Guest juvehearts

miko's performaces this season is a vast improvment from other seasons, but AD is a much better player in every department & when fit is #2 behind him.

imo shabba's tactics didnt suit miko's gameplan

Agreed. I thought maybe 20-25 mins of him running at the full back with driver at the other side might have made a bit of a difference.

I feel that larry is being played every week as he may be the next player that vlad cashes in on in jan or in the summer. Im not sure anybody would want him on recent performances tho. Maybe a couple of games on the bench may give him a much needed kick up the erse!!

I don't agree with this shop window stuff. Scouts will only come up and see the guy play if they here good reviews first, which I'm not sure they will be here. If Vlad wanted to punt him, he could easily invite scouts up to watch a reserve match, or drop him in for one game.

There is no need for him to be playing every week to get sold.

hope to god larry goes sooner rather than later

Hopefully the mad ones plans for selling player like this is put to an end.

If Kingston keeps playing the way he is doing just now, it'll probably scare other clubs off. They'll realise that he's not actually very good

Miko should have started on the bench and came on for Kingston in the last 20 mins or so.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Miko is a right midfielder and Driver is a left midfielder. So where is the comparisons coming from? miko should have been Right mid with driver out on the left and Kingston on the bench.

Miko is a right midfielder and Driver is a left midfielder. So where is the comparisons coming from? miko should have been Right mid with driver out on the left and Kingston on the bench.

Miko has started on the left when Driver was injured.Now that Driver was fit he came back in.

Frankenstein Jambo.
Miko has started on the left when Driver was injured.Now that Driver was fit he came back in.

then miko should have player on the right in place of kingston then. Better attacking option for me imo

Frankenstein Jambo.
Kingston and Driver are far, far, far better players than Mikoliunas.

Kingston isn't and driver isn't that much better.

Each to their own, but assessments like that really do make me wonder is I am watching the same Hearts team that some others are.

They are, Mrs Mikoliunas.

Kingston may not show it much be he certainly is.

And Driver makes us tick. You could see that from when he was missing.

I like Miko btw, but I think the LK and AD will be our first choice wide players at least until January.

Dr Ian Malcolm

The midfield was well balanced yesterday. On the left you had Driver getting the ball and running directly at Van Zanten and was a big threat.

Kingston is a totally different type of player, linking up and being a bit more clever, creative and patient. If he'd done a bit more defensively yesterday I don't think he'd be getting as much stick as he is. Interestingly the Hobos seem to think he was one of our better players yesterday, and that Van Zanten handled Driver brilliantly. Shows how opinions differ.

Having Miko on the right as well as Driver leaves us a little light weight (Larry does have a bit of physical presence and dig when he decided to do the ugly side) and both would tend to be attacking at the same time, leaving both full backs exposed.

They are, Mrs Mikoliunas.

Kingston may not show it much be he certainly is.

And Driver makes us tick. You could see that from when he was missing.

I like Miko btw, but I think the LK and AD will be our first choice wide players at least until January.

Kingston can be a better player when he wants to be but we dont see that this season where as we have seen Miko play well and i think that is what he is getting at.

On paper Kingston is the better player but we all know footie isnt played on paper and current form Kingston has been gash and i would play Miko.

Driver is a good player but equally as inconsistant as Miko and very injury prone so i will judge him when he stays fit and gives those performances that he is capable of every week.( i 'll settle for most weeks)

Fort Vallance

I'd have played Miko through the centre instead of Nade. Running at their two donkey centre backs

I agree the midfield was just right , however they were there for the taking and it was as though laszlo was happy with a point, leaving nade on when he was clearly ****ed.Was crying out for miko to come on. couldn`t understand why he didnt change it tbh:(

I'd have played Miko through the centre instead of Nade. Running at their two donkey centre backs

Nothing would stick. You need a lone frontman to hold the ball. Miko couldnt.

Also IMO as others have said if he did play alone up top, he would have seen red. No way would he have not been booked for being fouled.

Tyrion Lannister

Kingston is a totally different type of player, linking up and being a bit more clever, creative and patient. If he'd done a bit more defensively yesterday I don't think he'd be getting as much stick as he is.

Do you not think that if Nade had managed to bring down one of those many "dinked" through balls Kingston supplied we would be regarding Kingston in a whole new light?

I thought we got by just fine yesterday without miko. best we've played this season. Long may he be on the sidelines!

The Old Tolbooth

Kingston has bags of ability but he just doesn't use it, Driver is a grafter and tries like a bear and also has a lot of ability, Miko for my money is a decent sub (I agree totally with Cigaro) and has ability when in the mood, it's a hit or miss whether he's in the modd or not though.

I was screaming for Miko to come on at half time yesterday as I thought Kingston had a poor game, but it's funny how different people see the game in different ways as the hobos thought he was man of the match and our best player by a mile :wacko:

Do you not think that if Nade had managed to bring down one of those many "dinked" through balls Kingston supplied we would be regarding Kingston in a whole new light?

I made that point at the game yesterday.No matter how bad Kingston plays he never hides.He always looking for the ball even if his form is poor.The general feeling was he was poor yesterday,but he was involved a lot more than M Stewart who is getting no stick at all.

Miko could learn from Kingston to at least always make himself available when things are not going his way.

The Old Tolbooth
I made that point at the game yesterday.No matter how bad Kingston plays he never hides.He always looking for the ball even if his form is poor.The general feeling was he was poor yesterday,but he was involved a lot more than M Stewart who is getting no stick at all.

Miko could learn from Kingston to at least always make himself available when things are not going his way.

You make a very valid point benny, whilst I think Stewart has been pretty good this season, yesterday he hid for long spells and didn't put a shift in imo.

Of course they are, way better.

Because Vlads love child has had a couple of semi decent performances this season people seem to forget the past 2 seasons of poor performances.

Amazingly short memories.

:cool:

jack D and coke

Like you canny believe!!! LK, lazy get that he can be has more talent in his big toe than that rosy cheeked little fud.

I'm absolutely over the moon when Miko doesn't play. He's pish.

Because Vlad didn't pick the team ? Oh now i'm confused :P

Like you canny believe!!! LK, lazy get that he can be has more talent in his big toe than that rosy cheeked little fud.

I'm absolutely over the moon when Miko doesn't play. He's pish.

Thank God not all are deluded into believing Miko is some sort of Superman, who rarely fails, beats defenders with ease and scores most weeks!

I agree he has been aligned but he is still a very average player who NEVER performs when given 90 minutes, the only time he looks good is when he is on for the last 20 minutes!

How many of our rivals would play him if he was in their ranks?

There may be certain games for certain players but would Miko have played with the same intelligence and link up play as Larry alongside Bruno , Stewart Etc..?

IMO, no. Miko has done ok this season, that`s all IMO. It`s sad that fans suddenly forget overnight how mediocre he has been for most part of his Hearts career just because he happens to put in a few half decent shifts.

Larry may be frustrating but the guy knows how to play. He knows when to run with the ball and he knows when to hold onto the ball.

Yes, you don`t deserve to play if you don`t work hard, but Larry does. It`s getting embarassing that the continual theme about larry`s shortcomings is his workrate.

Some people have condidtioned themselves to persist in moaning about him.

jack D and coke
Thank God not all are deluded into believing Miko is some sort of Superman, who rarely fails, beats defenders with ease and scores most weeks!

I agree he has been aligned but he is still a very average player who NEVER performs when given 90 minutes, the only time he looks good is when he is on for the last 20 minutes!

How many of our rivals would play him if he was in their ranks?

I can assure you i've never rated him.

I'm telling you i'll dance a f***** jig the day he leaves Hearts.

Graham Thomson

You cant have a go at Stewart yesterday, he and Murray had a good contest, Stewart worked his backside off as usual, he and Murray cancelled each other out.

You cant have a go at Stewart yesterday, he and Murray had a good contest, Stewart worked his backside off as usual, he and Murray cancelled each other out.

You mean both ran about but did nothing.Both were poor yesterday.:)

Snake Plissken

Bingo.

I'm still not getting this hatred for Larry.

I thought he did alright yesterday and that our midfield has really good balance about it now.

Miko might be an option for the last 15-20 mins of a game but he gives away an awful lot of possession and that would have suited Hibs style of playing on the break yesterday.

Quite amusing to read all this praise for Miko given that 18 months or so ago he was labelled as the anti-Christ!

For what its worth, I felt he should have come on for the last 15-20 min as he is an impact player.

Guest JamboRobbo
Quite amusing to read all this praise for Miko given that 18 months or so ago he was labelled as the anti-Christ!

Indeed. Kinda blows a hole in the theory of those who continually suggest any criticism of a Lithuanian player is down to racism eh.

Keep getting a game despite playing ****e, get stick.

Play well and earn your start, get praise.

Thats not racism, thats just football.

Seymour M Hersh
miko hasn't done anything wrong to be dropped though.

He was cronic, back to his worst, against Killie. Reason enough in my book.

Because Driver came back in.

Seems like Kingston will always start when available.

I can kind of see why, as he can make something from nothing if he can be arsed. Miko is more of a team player though.

I also think Miko is a hell of a lot better impact player from the bench. Run and stretch a team all over the place for an hour, then let Miko run at them.:)

This is basically it in a nutshell.

The team had a much better balance on Sunday and surely even the people who thought Larry played poorly (not me) could see that.

Miko is a very good impact player and bringing him on late in the game reduces the chance of silly yellow and red cards.

Indeed. Kinda blows a hole in the theory of those who continually suggest any criticism of a Lithuanian player is down to racism eh.

Keep getting a game despite playing ****e, get stick.

Play well and earn your start, get praise.

Thats not racism, thats just football.

Doesn't excuse those who did indeed shout racist abuse at him or their apologists.

Archived