A phone call

yvonnejambo

Yesterday just as I was getting ready to go to pub to watch the game I got a phone call. My memory of yesterdays derby will be nothing to do with football because that call told me that a friend had died in a road accident. Not critically ill in hospital but dead.

Feel so useless visited his girlfriend yesterday and and all I could do was give her a cuddle. Its going to be on the news today and maybe was yesterday and I want to see what really happened but I dont as well. The news was vague yesterday his jeep and a tractor with trailer and a collision which was not his fault. He was up here last week being best man to my ex at his wedding and knowing that was last time will ever see him is just crazy. Life sucks.

Ps sorry not even sure why Im writing this on here and sorry for any weird PMs anyone got last night. Keep thinking need to do normal things but its hard. Went to work and lasted 1 hour.

1 derby day and phone call I wont forget.

RIP Stuart

Yesterday just as I was getting ready to go to pub to watch the game I got a phone call. My memory of yesterdays derby will be nothing to do with football because that call told me that a friend had died in a road accident. Not critically ill in hospital but dead.

Feel so useless visited his girlfriend yesterday and and all I could do was give her a cuddle. Its going to be on the news today and maybe was yesterday and I want to see what really happened but I dont as well. The news was vague yesterday his jeep and a tractor with trailer and a collision which was not his fault. He was up here last week being best man to my ex at his wedding and knowing that was last time will ever see him is just crazy. Life sucks.

Ps sorry not even sure why Im writing this on here and sorry for any weird PMs anyone got last night. Keep thinking need to do normal things but its hard. Went to work and lasted 1 hour.

RIP Stuart

Your right life can be ****.Obviously didn't know the guy but RIP.

RIP Stuart

I can relate to how you're feeling - Valentines day 2006 friends of mine lost their young son in equally tragic circumstances. Like you part of me wanted to know exactly how it happened, part of me didn't.

There's nothing you can say so don't waste your time trying to find words. The only conclusion you'll find is that life's not fair sometimes.

I'll never feel comfortable sending or receiving a Valentines card again. You'll always recall this routine 1-1 derby more than any other.

Best advice I can give is be there for your friend - she'll appreciate hugs! Try to not walk on eggshells or tip-toe around her. If you usually speak to her once a week, twice a week, once a day, whatever, carry on. Easier said than done I know.

Thinking of you both.

I can relate to how you're feeling - Valentines day 2006 friends of mine lost their young son in equally tragic circumstances. Like you part of me wanted to know exactly how it happened, part of me didn't.

There's nothing you can say so don't waste your time trying to find words. The only conclusion you'll find is that life's not fair sometimes.

I'll never feel comfortable sending or receiving a Valentines card again. You'll always recall this routine 1-1 derby more than any other.

Best advice I can give is be there for your friend - she'll appreciate hugs! Try to not walk on eggshells or tip-toe around her. If you usually speak to her once a week, twice a week, once a day, whatever, carry on. Easier said than done I know.

Thinking of you both.

I think we may have the same friends or in my case family, dreadful day that it was hard enough for the family members god only knows what (R + L) the parents went through.

Sorry to hear about your loss yvonne, as you say life sucks sometimes for no reason at all :sad:

Such a sad story,

We lost our son on the 13th Feb 05. Blairdin's quote above is a great bit of advice Yvonne. We had friends who avoided us in the street as they didn't know what to say or didn't want to upset us by speaking. Tbh it didn't help us in anyway.

LIfe can be a real barsteward at times . Our sympathies to you and to your friends family.

I think we may have the same friends or in my case family, dreadful day that it was hard enough for the family members god only knows what (R + L) the parents went through.

Sorry to hear about your loss yvonne, as you say life sucks sometimes for no reason at all :sad:

If this is who i think it is in regards to i used to work next to them both god only knows how you come to terms with losing a child.

As someone has said try and keep in touch with them just like you would normally it'll be hard but life isnt always fair and no one deserves that.

This is the kind of thing that puts a football match into perspective. Thoughts go out the the guy's family and friends. And a hug for you too, Yvonne.

Lynn

Looks like we do Moncs.

As hellish as it is, when see where R & L are now you understand the proper meaning of the phrase life goes on. It just has to.

Archived