Zaliukas (Merged Threads)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

bombscare. is not fit enough coz of his lifestyle he leads..like his tabs and bevvy... he aint no gazza either. couldnt lace ibby's boots @ CB

letsalllaughathobos

i would like too see karipidis move back thier and go 4-4-2.

big zal needs a couple of weeks in the reserves i think.

The worst Defensive Pairing in the SPL (actually the worst back 4 also) It is little wonder we leak so mang goals, Zal is tolerated but should never be near a

Hearts jersey, and indeed in the past would never have got out the reserves!

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

A donkey will always be a donkey.

Even if he thinks he is Franz Beckenbauer.

Drop this bombscare and get him to feck.

The worst central defender bar Petric I have seen in 20 years at Hearts.

is it pospisil
Don`t mean to come across as negative after a good performance but there has to be some concern over Zal.

I actually think the guy is pretty solid most of the time but he`s forming a bad habit of erratic play outdoing a solid performance.

He nearly selt the knickers yesterday and it would have been a sore one. He also has a bad habit game to game of playing a few hospital balls out of defence which puts us under P.

So, should he be replaced? Can we afford to have a player who can be solid for most part but continually outdoes it with bad decision making?

All players make mistakes, big or small, but it`s where you make them and how often you do.

Even to be nit- picky he could take part of the blame for the first goal because he needlessly passed the ball back to Kello when he could`ve cleared the ball himself. Why pass the ball back to a goalie unless you are under pressure on the ball which he wasn`t?

He seems to have a good partnership with Berra but is it time for a change?

He did the same against Airdrie and I think in a game before that, maybe just ban him from heading back to keeper unless he gets a shout

markletissier

too many passbacks and poor passes in general yesterday. got the physical presence but that's it, get him punted. Karapidis in defence, Ruben in Midfield yes?

People obviously forgetting how completly unsuitable as a SPL centre half Karapidis actually is. The guy is made of paper and gets bullied and knocked around by any forward with a bit of bulk and a bit of attitude.

Zaluikas, whilst not ideal and a bit mistake prone, is the best "experienced" option we currently have. Find someone else we can sign or gradually bring in a youngster by all means, but putting Karapidis there simply isnt the answer and its been proven almost every time he's played there.

Karapidis had a decent game on Sunday as the anchorman. Broke up the play quite well, passed it not bad, and kept it quite well. No he wasnt brilliant and he'll never be a Roy Keane, but I'd keep him right where he is for now, if only because we need Jonnson at right back.

I cant think of one single position in our team that couldnt be improved but there are a couple of priorities well ahead of centre half. Left back, attacking midfield and striker for example.

too many passbacks and poor passes in general yesterday. got the physical presence but that's it, get him punted. Karapidis in defence, Ruben in Midfield yes?

Ruben is a one footed fancy Dan piece of feckin chocolate who is quite correctly ommitted from the starting line up at the moment, and long may it continue. If you see Ruben in a starting line up anytime soon, you'll know we're going backwards again.

Guest juvehearts

Big zal is defo a bombscare & would love him to be replaced with kari at the back,

i'd perfer a 3-5-2 if i am honest with him benched & wee matty rapnic in a back 3 of berra himself & karipidis.

No, never thought Zaliukas was good enough to play in our defence, always get a bad feeling when he's near the ball.

Why does Ruben get a hard time on here? i've always thought he was a pretty decent player and was probably our most consistant player last season, it's just the usual Hearts way of pizn players off, don't play them. Webster, Pospisil, Brellier, even Karipidis, to name just a few, was pizt off before he got into the team. Palazuelos is one of a growing list of players frustrated by lack of chances and it'll be someone else's turn soon enough. It'a a disgrace the way they treat our players.

Yes, it was a draw, DESPITE Zaliclueless's best efforts to throw it away. For me, he makes far, far too many basic, schoolboy errors & has become a liability to the team. ... HMFC have always prided themselves over the last 20 years or so of being rock solid in defence. Unfortunately, with Zali in the team that is impossible to achieve.

& yes, yesterday was arguably the best performance of the season, & there are a lot of positives that should be taken out of it ..... BUT, had it not been for our 'stand-in' keeper being quick-minded after Zali's howler, it would most definitely been a defeat.

I guess the OP is just questionning how many howlers this man is going to be allowed to get away with .... cos there have been many!!!

Sorry this guy is a liability and shouldn't be anywhere the first team. It's not as if he's a young lad learning his trade he's mid twenty's and should be reaching the peak of his career but it's obvious he's playing at a level of football that he hasn't got the ability for.

He'll cost us a few points this season, some of them I fear as a result of his way of "defending" high balls in the box at free kicks and corners, he's not always going to get away with it :( :(

Tyrion Lannister

He'll cost us a few points this season, some of them I fear as a result of his way of "defending" high balls in the box at free kicks and corners, he's not always going to get away with it :( :(

Him and Jones's tussles in the box were amusing yet slightly nerve-wracking that Mr Smith was going to give them a penalty.

He really needs to stop the grappling and shirt-tugging as it's just going to take one ref to give the opposition a penalty because of it, for all the refs to start noticing and doing it, which would lose us serious points.

best in the land

if csabba has to play with a def mid then either sign an experienced CH,to play along side berra or sign a experienced natural def mid and play karipidis at CH.

preferably sign a CH and DM. the whole defence is struggling imo. berra being the best of a bad bunch,but may start to develop with the right players.

oh and take his armband he's no captain.

is it me or does berra and zaliukas not get on.

not a good partnership imo.

Well maybe it is time for Zal to be dropped. Moving Karipidis back to centre back is another matter though. he has developed into an excellent defensive midfield ball winner and Sunday showed just how effective he is.

It's maybe time to start looking to one of the youngsters to come through and stake a place in the fist team. Young McGowan has always impressed me when I've seen him playing - maybe it's time he was given his chance.

Being dropped might just waken up Zaliukas - these lapses in concentration are dreadful - I can think of at least a couple last season that cost us matches.

boabyarsebiscuit

Zaliukas (along with Kello) nearly cost us the match on Sunday. And he's been gash in quite a few matcjes this season. He should be dropped, and in January we should try and bring in an experienced CH who can help Berra develop his game. As a partnership Berra/Zaliukas is not working.

Well maybe it is time for Zal to be dropped. Moving Karipidis back to centre back is another matter though. he has developed into an excellent defensive midfield ball winner and Sunday showed just how effective he is.

It's maybe time to start looking to one of the youngsters to come through and stake a place in the fist team. Young McGowan has always impressed me when I've seen him playing - maybe it's time he was given his chance.

Being dropped might just waken up Zaliukas - these lapses in concentration are dreadful - I can think of at least a couple last season that cost us matches.

Like the one against ICT when we had Lee Wallace in goals, which was very similar to the one against the hobos on Sunday. At that time I thought he had deliberately thrown the game it was that stupid. Now I realise that he just lacks concentration, and that can cost us games, so he needs to be dropped.

if csabba has to play with a def mid then either sign an experienced CH,to play along side berra or sign a experienced natural def mid and play karipidis at CH.

preferably sign a CH and DM. the whole defence is struggling imo. berra being the best of a bad bunch,but may start to develop with the right players.

oh and take his armband he's no captain.

is it me or does berra and zaliukas not get on.

not a good partnership imo.

I have it on good authority that they have a mutual dislike for one another. Hate is maybe too strong a word to use.

My point proven Partridge.

So far that's Zaliukas, Wallace and Kingston all getting it in the neck. Anyone else?!

Nade, Stewart.

Tynecastle Valhalla
Why does Ruben get a hard time on here? i've always thought he was a pretty decent player and was probably our most consistant player last season, it's just the usual Hearts way of pizn players off, don't play them. Webster, Pospisil, Brellier, even Karipidis, to name just a few, was pizt off before he got into the team. Palazuelos is one of a growing list of players frustrated by lack of chances and it'll be someone else's turn soon enough. It'a a disgrace the way they treat our players.

good point, well made.

Johanes de Silentio

Strangely, I reckon Tomas Kanchelskis woulda been the man to show Berra the ropes - either that, or he coulda played at RB, which is another problem position for us.

Aye - shoulda kept Kanchelskis!

I like Zal but at times he is just far too lackadasical (Sp?).

Would keep him but would like to see a more experienced head at the back alongside Berra.

Strangely, I reckon Tomas Kanchelskis woulda been the man to show Berra the ropes - either that, or he coulda played at RB, which is another problem position for us.

Aye - shoulda kept Kanchelskis!

Agreed. I like Kanchelskis.

Archived