Zaliukas (Merged Threads)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Absolute crap.

For a defender he makes an unbelievable amount of errors.

I hope he fecking thanked the keeper after the game because we could and probably should have lost thanks to him.

I would love to see him offski in January, he isn't good enough for Hearts. I mind some on here saying he was the next Davie Weir. :eek:

Thanks for your goal against the Hobos Zal but feck off eh, total bombscare.

Karipidis back to centre back please and Jonsson back into midfield. Thanks.

lost in leith
Absolute crap.

For a defender he makes an unbelievable amount of errors.

I hope he fecking thanked the keeper after the game because we could and probably should have lost thanks to him.

I would love to see him offski in January, he isn't good enough for Hearts. I mind some on here saying he was the next Davie Weir. :eek:

Thanks for your goal against the Hobos Zal but feck off eh, total bombscare.

Karipidis back to centre back please and Jonsson back into midfield. Thanks.

All players make mistakes. Unfortunately Zal has a nasty habit of making mistakes that lead to goals - he got very lucky today.

I know it was only a draw but do we still need the witchhunt after what was arguablly our best performance of the season?!

Would have liked to have seen Karapidis in defense with ruben in defensive midfield to. Zal just seems a very ordinary player.

I know it was only a draw but do we still need the witchhunt after what was arguablly our best performance of the season?!

What witchhunt?

The board is for debating and sharing opinions, thats exactly what I'm doing.

Is that OK with you?

I've praised the team on numerous other threads so I am entitled to my 'witchhunt'

Thanks for your contribution though. :rolleyes:

Hope my memory isn't fecked by beer; but did Zal supply a dodgy passback which ultimately led to the di*ks scoring? Then an even worse pass seconds from time?

Stick to hoof!

i'm happy with the role karipidis is playing he's playing outta his skin at the moment made a few long runs today and unlucky not to have ended in goals.

lost in leith

If you think this is a witchhunt you wouldn't like the reaction if Riordan had scored :eek:

If you think this is a witchhunt you wouldn't like the reaction if Riordan had scored :eek:

riordan need's to be shot anyone got wallace's number ? while i'm at it i'll shoot him aswell cause he's dire.

riordan need's to be shot anyone got wallace's number ? while i'm at it i'll shoot him aswell cause he's dire.

My point proven Partridge.

So far that's Zaliukas, Wallace and Kingston all getting it in the neck. Anyone else?!

Thunderstruck

I've praised the team on numerous other threads so I am entitled to my 'witchhunt'

Has your praise ever extended to Zaliukas on an individual basis? Your cries of "what witchhunt" would carry some weight if, on the ocassions this season when he has performed well, you recognised this during "debate" ok here.

My point proven Partridge.

So far that's Zaliukas, Wallace and Kingston all getting it in the neck. Anyone else?!

Kello.

Jonsson has had it, albeit mildly.

to be fair and balanced, zali does have bombscare moments, pure peering through the fingers jobs. on the other hand he can be a decent CB, being very good in the air as one of his plus points.

berra has his calamities as well you know, as does wallace, as did eggert today.

zali usually takes the brunt though.

Has your praise ever extended to Zaliukas on an individual basis? Your cries of "what witchhunt" would carry some weight if, on the ocassions this season when he has performed well, you recognised this during "debate" ok here.

Yes.

When did Kickback become a one opinion only forum? :)

Thunderstruck
Yes.

When did Kickback become a one opinion only forum? :)

I don't believe I suggested that there was any restriction on swings of opinion but if you believe he has had good and bad games this season then perhaps he might be inconsistent rather than "pure c**p". Or, and this is my opinion, a young player learning the game who might benefit from encouragement rather than criticism.

berra has his calamities as well you know, as does wallace, as did eggert today.

Absolutely spot on, Zal makes no more mistakes than anyone else in my opinion.

Colonel Kurtz
Absolutely spot on, Zal makes no more mistakes than anyone else in my opinion.

There is a perception amongst other coaches that Zal loses concentration as the game progresses and is liable to errors late in the game.

It is a pity that Rapnik is left sided as well as Berra

Zaliukas is dreadful. The white Titus Bramble. Garanteed to do something stupid in every game, could easily have cost us the game yesterday. If he isn't wrestling someone over in the box he's setting up the opposition with pinpoint accuracy. Passing back to the keeper without looking is a basic schoolboy error - even players at junior level know not to do that.

to be fair and balanced, zali does have bombscare moments, pure peering through the fingers jobs. on the other hand he can be a decent CB, being very good in the air as one of his plus points.

And he deserves to take the brunt. All the players you mentioned have been slaughtered on here regularly but Zal makes goal scorer chances in just about every single game. His other attributes don't make up for this IMO and it is time for Karapidis to be given a chance at CH.

Zal gets protected because he is Lithuanian and it gives people the opportunity play the xenophobe card. He is a terrible player and if he was any other nationality he would be roundly slaughtered by all.

There is a perception amongst other coaches that Zal loses concentration as the game progresses and is liable to errors late in the game.

It is a pity that Rapnik is left sided as well as Berra

A lot of teams play with 2 right footed centre halfs so it may work with 2 left footed. Personally I would rather karapidis went back there until we bought someone in January.

Zaliukas is dreadful. The white Titus Bramble. Garanteed to do something stupid in every game, could easily have cost us the game yesterday. If he isn't wrestling someone over in the box he's setting up the opposition with pinpoint accuracy. Passing back to the keeper without looking is a basic schoolboy error - even players at junior level know not to do that.

Agree 100%. He's a bombscare.

i thought, the suicidal pass-back aside, he did ok today.

Thats the problem though

In an environment where we cant beat a team by more than one goal, the mistakes Zaliukas makes are often of the gobsmacking ones that allow a clear cut goalscoring opportunity

We cant have a keystone cop in our defence when we are struggling to score goals at the other end

And he seems to think he is Klaus Augenthaler with his ridiculous 60 yard punts which hit his own man once in 5 attempts

Don't think he done that bad apart from the back pass.

Have to admit though, I was p*ssed off with his reaction after he saw Riordan run clean through. Rather than busting a gut to get back and help out, he just stood with his head in his hands.

Really frustrating player, because IMO in the majority of games he's looked more solid and composed than Berra.

You trully are atrocious

Snake Plissken

People are saying he did well apart from the back-pass?! :eek:

Would they be so charitable if Riordan had actually scored?!

I doubt it.

Zaliukas is a liability, end of.

Guest jambomickey

I doubt it.

i've said all along zaliukas is a bomb scare! i certainly don't trust him

I doubt it.

Had Neilson played and made that mistake.....:eek:

Perhaps stating the obvious here, but better teams & players make less small mistakes, whether its a throw in too long, a cross overhit etc, overall this gives the team a better chance of winning.

Big Zal often looks like a decent player, makes far too many mistakes (big & small) for a Centre Half. His error led to their goal. The attempted passback speaks for itself. I lost count last year of the number of goals he cost us with his mistakes

He should be a squad player only getting a game when other are suspended or injured. He's proved himself to be a liability to the team.

i think defensively, nothing really gets past zali and he looks pretty solid. very few players beat him in the air IMO. his short passing is worrying though, seems a bit too cocky at times. but i dont really think theres anyone to replace him with at the moment. i thought wallace was more worthy of "abuse" than zali after yesterdays performance.

i think defensively, nothing really gets past zali and he looks pretty solid. very few players beat him in the air IMO. his short passing is worrying though, seems a bit too cocky at times. but i dont really think theres anyone to replace him with at the moment. i thought wallace was more worthy of "abuse" than zali after yesterdays performance.

Are you kidding me?

Go back and look at some of the goals we have conceded this season. What will you see Zaliukas (and Berra) doing? BALL WATCHING.

He is one of the worst I've ever seen for it. Primary school stuff.

If this was Neilson or Wallace they would have been absolutely ripped apart.

Bombscare. More of a bombscare than Goncalves ever was.

rudi must stay
Hope my memory isn't fecked by beer; but did Zal supply a dodgy passback which ultimately led to the di*ks scoring? Then an even worse pass seconds from time?

Stick to hoof!

yeah but then he scored that overhead kick remember :P

Rudolf's Mate
i thought, the suicidal pass-back aside, he did ok today.

I kinda thought the same thing! Apart from that, what else did he do wrong?

Decent defender that makes horrific mistakes on (roughly) a one per game basis. That neagtes all the good work he does IMO.

He must be dropped.

I kinda thought the same thing! Apart from that, what else did he do wrong?

I'm not just talking about this one game though.

I'm talking about his time at Hearts. Have you ever seen anybody make as many ridiculous errors as this guy?! I doubt it.

If we want to push on for Europe we need to get rid of the dross in the team. He is going to cost us a few points this season.

Rudolf's Mate

Unfortuantely I cannot comment on the other games as living down here I tend to only see what satan tv serves up.

Are you kidding me?

Go back and look at some of the goals we have conceded this season. What will you see Zaliukas (and Berra) doing? BALL WATCHING.

He is one of the worst I've ever seen for it. Primary school stuff.

If this was Neilson or Wallace they would have been absolutely ripped apart.

Bombscare. More of a bombscare than Goncalves ever was.

To be fair the whole defence is guilty of ball watching at times. wallace was guilty of it for the first goal, if he was paying attention he could and should have been in front of fletcher.

zaliukas is ripped apart on a weekly basis.

To be fair the whole defence is guilty of ball watching at times. wallace was guilty of it for the first goal, if he was paying attention he could and should have been in front of fletcher.

zaliukas is ripped apart on a weekly basis.

Why do you think that is?

(Cue 'cause he's a Lith fud) :rolleyes:

He's actually not a bad Defender, BUT he does lack concentration sometimes which leads to him making ludicrous mistakes like the back pass yesterday with minutes to go, which was simply outrageous. In short he is a liablility, get Karapidis in there.

You trully are atrocious

Can't see anything wrong with the points he's made myself. He's a total liabilty and deserves to get dropped

chester copperpot

I've maintained this from the outset, Zaliukas is just not good enough for us.

Apart from 2 or 3 games early in the season, he's been a complete nightmare. Its car crash viewing watching him play at times.

He does some decent defending, then spoils it by doing something ridiculous. He has to be dropped.

I'd play Rapnik and McGowan over Berra and Zal anyday.

Yes, it was a draw, DESPITE Zaliclueless's best efforts to throw it away. For me, he makes far, far too many basic, schoolboy errors & has become a liability to the team. ... HMFC have always prided themselves over the last 20 years or so of being rock solid in defence. Unfortunately, with Zali in the team that is impossible to achieve.

& yes, yesterday was arguably the best performance of the season, & there are a lot of positives that should be taken out of it ..... BUT, had it not been for our 'stand-in' keeper being quick-minded after Zali's howler, it would most definitely been a defeat.

I guess the OP is just questionning how many howlers this man is going to be allowed to get away with .... cos there have been many!!!

Yes, it was a draw, DESPITE Zaliclueless's best efforts to throw it away. For me, he makes far, far too many basic, schoolboy errors & has become a liability to the team. ... HMFC have always prided themselves over the last 20 years or so of being rock solid in defence. Unfortunately, with Zali in the team that is impossible to achieve.

& yes, yesterday was arguably the best performance of the season, & there are a lot of positives that should be taken out of it ..... BUT, had it not been for our 'stand-in' keeper being quick-minded after Zali's howler, it would most definitely been a defeat.

I guess the OP is just questionning how many howlers this man is going to be allowed to get away with .... cos there have been many!!!

I was going to post that, until a certain David Winnie popped into my head.;)

Zal is to defenders, what Makalamby is to goalkeepers

The thing is though, there seems to be no middle ground for him.

He plays brilliantly and looks a complete SPL CH, or he has a mare and looks like a plumber.

Don`t mean to come across as negative after a good performance but there has to be some concern over Zal.

I actually think the guy is pretty solid most of the time but he`s forming a bad habit of erratic play outdoing a solid performance.

He nearly selt the knickers yesterday and it would have been a sore one. He also has a bad habit game to game of playing a few hospital balls out of defence which puts us under P.

So, should he be replaced? Can we afford to have a player who can be solid for most part but continually outdoes it with bad decision making?

All players make mistakes, big or small, but it`s where you make them and how often you do.

Even to be nit- picky he could take part of the blame for the first goal because he needlessly passed the ball back to Kello when he could`ve cleared the ball himself. Why pass the ball back to a goalie unless you are under pressure on the ball which he wasn`t?

He seems to have a good partnership with Berra but is it time for a change?

HAve to say I think he is a complete bombscare.

His complete stupidity sent rearend through and he was only bailed out by balogh.

I remember the first game I saw him in was against motherwell at tynie... utter bombscare then, hasn't learned a thing since.

He got very lucky when he passed it back and Riordan cut it out. If Riordan had scored he would have been slated on here big time.

Zal looked of the pace all game and out of puff...maybe to many tabs on his bevvy nites out i know he likes. To many blunders for me. Should have been dropped several games ago.

Archived