Hibs' Kingston chants (merged threads)

missusm

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rudi must stay
:mw_confused:

Why did the Hibs fans insist that Larry was lucky today? I thought he was awful!

he's dead lucky. He gets 15k a week for doing nothing

Fozzyonthefence

Caught Jones with his studs up - could easily have been red if the ref had seen it. To be fair to Jones he didn't seem to make anything of it - good old honest British laddie - would have been different if it had been a cheating Lith.

yes he raked through on giraffe's knee at a challenge. jones glared at him, that was about it.

Old Mr Potatohead on the hobos bench was pretty irate tho :107years:

I actually thought they were mildly amusing with this chant.

It was Larry Kingston is a looky looky man

pc brigade might not agree but slightly tickled me.

winston churchill

what's the hoofballers take on.................. murrays jackie chan number on stewart

if he caught him............ it was a leg breaker:mad:

Old Mr Potatohead on the hobos bench was pretty irate tho :107years:

yes he looked like a tomato.

is he fat? you bet your hat.

was it deliberate though? didn't look it to me. Fair play to Jones for not making a meal of it.....unlike when he whinges like a big girl about Zal. :D

was it deliberate though? didn't look it to me. Fair play to Jones for not making a meal of it.....unlike when he whinges like a big girl about Zal. :D

definitely deliberate.

good.

Bamba played like he had the sunglasses on. oops......

Maybe he works for Larry..

Coat...

:107years:

Gimme an H...

Shock horror.

Another song the Hibs have adopted as their 'own'. Rangers fans sung this about Ronaldhino when they played Barca.

Unimagineative *******s.

didn't Stewart do something similar to Murray. Murray respond a second later by going right though Stewart.

winston churchill
http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=132481

That's up there with the Skacel Refugee song IMO.

But they'll continue to try and take the moral high ground about Hearts fans singing Hello Hello.

Typical Hobo trailer trash.

did anybody else hear the coo shed singing..... when nade went across there.

fat eddie murphy...........yer a fat eddie murphy

Kingston "sells watches on a beach."

"it's not racist" apparently. Well, it is racist and is yet another example of hibs support disgracing themselves, to add to the neverending list.

Half wits.Although our lot singing about Shiels is no better.Sooner all these idiots gtf the better

"Kingston is a Looky Looky man"

No, not racist at all. Just like the Skacel Refugee chants weren't either.

Yet these are the people that try and persaude people that the Hearts support is full of sectarian neanderthals.

Fecking priceless that lot.

Kingston "sells watches on a beach."

"it's not racist" apparently. Well, it is racist and is yet another example of hibs support disgracing themselves, to add to the neverending list.

How can they consider it "not racist"?

FFS if we was white would the sing it? No, therefore they were targetting him because he is black, ****bags

FTH

As the guy said, its more stereotyping. Probably wasnt been sung with the intention of it to be racist. But people take things different ways.

Hibs chants??

What are they talking about?

Heard about one song all game, songs were coming from one end only.

Na na na Maka-lamby na na na

Probably wasnt been sung with the intention of it to be racist

FFS are you having a laugh? intentional or not it's still racist!!!

this_is_my_story
As the guy said, its more stereotyping. Probably wasnt been sung with the intention of it to be racist. But people take things different ways.

I suspect I'll be in the minority, but I think you're spot on there Willie. To many people jump to conclusions about songs like this without properly understanding the definition of racism.

let's try not to be ridiculous, it's racist. racial stereotyping is racism, especially when it's as obvious as that.

Apparently, casual racism is acceptable and OK.

Afterall we're the KKK, C18, BNP supporting team in Edinburgh.

"Kingston is a Looky Looky man"

No, not racist at all. Just like the Skacel Refugee chants weren't either.

Yet these are the people that try and persaude people that the Hearts support is full of sectarian neanderthals.

Fecking priceless that lot.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a 'looky, looky man'?

Apparently, casual racism is acceptable and OK.

Afterall we're the KKK, C18, BNP supporting team in Edinburgh.

that would appear to be OUR stereotyping. t's a shame other factions can do as they damn well please and still find time to scream about the faults of others.

hearts have their half-a-heids, hibs have theirs, all other teams have theirs.

this_is_my_story

The chap that'll offer to sell you 'designer' goods, found mostly on the Costa del Sol resorts of Spain.

A black guy who sells cheap jewelery at holiday resorts, Ibiza etc.

I suspect I'll be in the minority, but I think you're spot on there Willie. To many people jump to conclusions about songs like this without properly understanding the definition of racism.

You'll be in the minority because you're slavering utter garbage.

Why did they sing this about Kingston? Because he's black.

Racism, pure and simple.

They sicken me, as do those who defend them.

the chant may not be PC but it is "ALL HIBEES ARE GAY"?

its a game of football, some fans have a drink, some smoke, some have bad breath, some sing songs and some say nasty things, its football. if you cant handle it dont go.

on another note i thought the "your just a fat Eddie Murphy" chant to Nade was pretty funny;)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Do they not realise they are insulting Thicot and Makalemby when they sing this pish?

Aw look man that Kingston is black likesay, lets ****ing sing aboot him being a looky looky man likesay, aye, ken.

winston churchill

i posted this wee cracker for nade on the other thread.

did anybody else hear the coo shed singing..... when nade went across there.

fat eddie murphy...........yer a fat eddie murphy

this_is_my_story
You'll be in the minority because you're slavering utter garbage.

Why did they sing this about Kingston? Because he's black.

Racism, pure and simple.

They sicken me, as do those who defend them.

And that's why I see it more as stereotyping, not as racism. By singing the song they did, exactly how did the Hibs fans infer that the members of other races are inferior to their own? Because that's what racism actually is.

I heard a chant today from the guys in front of me which started a discussion about racism:

To Ma-kalamby: "Are you Zibi with a tan".

I didn't think it was racist but the people behind did. (I didn't sing the song BTW).

Thoughts?

Do they not realise they are insulting Thicot and Makalemby when they sing this pish?

Aw look man that Kingston is black likesay, lets ****ing sing aboot him being a looky looky man likesay, aye, ken.

Exactly.

Singing about a players lack of footballing ability, ie. Thicot and Makalemby, is acceptable.

Singing about a players racial steroetype is not.

Zero tolerance.

Would thid definition do for you -

a belief that human races have distinctive characteristics that determine their respective cultures, usually involving the idea that one?s race is superior and has the right to control others.

The songs they were singing are clearly racist!!

I heard a chant today from the guys in front of me which started a discussion about racism:

I didn't think it was racist but the people behind did. (I didn't sing the song BTW).

Thoughts?

I don't think that's rascist. I don't think calling Larry a 'looky looky man' is rascist either.

this_is_my_story
Would thid definition do for you -

a belief that human races have distinctive characteristics that determine their respective cultures, usually involving the idea that one?s race is superior and has the right to control others.

The songs they were singing are clearly racist!!

The text highlighted in bold, to me, would constitute racism. Please explain to me exactly where that idea is conveyed in the chant in question.

Thoughts?

This doesnt seem racist to me ,one is white the other black its not racism.

Thoughts?

inaccurate and racist zibi is a jambo kalamity is a hobo, the times they are a changing some people need to get with the times and definition of racist!!

And that's why I see it more as stereotyping, not as racism. By singing the song they did, exactly how did the Hibs fans infer that the members of other races are inferior to their own? Because that's what racism actually is.

Racism, by its simplest definition, is the belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

A stereotype is a generalized perception of first impressions: behaviours presumed by a group of people judging with the eyes/criticizing ones outer appearance to be associated with another specific group. Stereotypes, therefore, can instigate prejudice and false assumptions about entire groups of people, including the members of different ethnic groups.

Aye, right you are.

racial stereotyping is racism, it's not a convenient get-out clause to enable one to be racist.

take your racist pesh to another club, that is all.

Out of interest, if we're talking racial stereotyping, do you get all hot and bothered when we're referred to as 'tight-fisted Jocks' or the likes? I don't, and I'm willing to bet that you don't either - yet surely, that could be classed as an example of racial stereotyping?

I do, because it's racist.

Are you tight? I'm not, and I don't see why I should be automatically considered so because of my nationality.

this_is_my_story
Racism, by its simplest definition, is the belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

A stereotype is a generalized perception of first impressions: behaviours presumed by a group of people judging with the eyes/criticizing ones outer appearance to be associated with another specific group. Stereotypes, therefore, can instigate prejudice and false assumptions about entire groups of people, including the members of different ethnic groups.

Aye, right you are.

Instead of just copying and pasting, presumably from Wikipedia, could you attempt to answer the question? Not trying to get on your nerves, but could you?

I'm prepared to debate the point properly if you can refrain from posts like that! You didn't really answer the question that I asked in the post in which I first quoted your post.

Out of interest, if we're talking racial stereotyping, do you get all hot and bothered when we're referred to as 'tight-fisted Jocks' or the likes? I don't, and I'm willing to bet that you don't either - yet surely, that could be classed as an example of racial stereotyping?

If I.J. is correct in saying that stereotypically ****'s smell, in your eyes is he not being racist?

Archived