Extractions

Louise

Its not the most pleasant experience, but I bet anything the dentist throws at you from this day forward will not even worry you.

The swelling etc doesnt last long, just stay off work as long as possible.

Incidently I had mine removed over a year ago and I still have the 2 socket holes in the back of my mouth

:eek: didn't they stitch you up?

I'm supposed to be going to a gig tomorrow, I feel fine but I look ridiculous.

I'm actually in very little pain, it's more just stiff as if I've had my jaw in a vice for a few days (waiting for the gags here)

blondejamtart

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Louise - I was supposed to get my bottom wisdom teeth out a few years back, but bottled out of it! They give me twinges every so often, but I'm dreading them flaring up again, as I don't actually have a dentist at the moment after my old one went private and stopped takiing NHS patients!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Louise - I was supposed to get my bottom wisdom teeth out a few years back, but bottled out of it! They give me twinges every so often, but I'm dreading them flaring up again, as I don't actually have a dentist at the moment after my old one went private and stopped takiing NHS patients!

My dentist was so good that when he went private we did too and used to drive to Dunfermline to see him. When my wisdom teeth came through and were causing me pain and getting infected all the time he said we would wait till they came through a little further then have them removed. However before that happened he moved away to the other side of the world so I went back to my old surgery in Corstorphine where the new dentist frankly didn't want to know about it. I therefore went to the orthodontist I used to see when I was younger who in turn told me they definitely should come out as they were impacting and this could cause me a world of problems, and my new dentist was a trumpet, and that's them gone now.

The moral of this story is ... if you're not happy with your dentist, find another one! Your teeth are too important for niceties!

:eek: didn't they stitch you up?

I'm supposed to be going to a gig tomorrow, I feel fine but I look ridiculous.

I'm actually in very little pain, it's more just stiff as if I've had my jaw in a vice for a few days (waiting for the gags here)

Believe me you are best with them out - mine caused all sorts of pain

I got 3 to 4 stitches in each side, they came out about 3 to 5 days after. I still had stiffness in my jaw for about 2 weeks after, though it was alot better after a week.

I was still swollen for a good few days also, it goes down pretty rapidly though and although you still feel as if other people notice it likely they wont.

Go to the gig and take it easy. Im off to a gig tomorrow and I've just destroyed my ankle at footy :mad:

Believe me you are best with them out - mine caused all sorts of pain

I got 3 to 4 stitches in each side, they came out about 3 to 5 days after. I still had stiffness in my jaw for about 2 weeks after, though it was alot better after a week.

I was still swollen for a good few days also, it goes down pretty rapidly though and although you still feel as if other people notice it likely they wont.

Go to the gig and take it easy. Im off to a gig tomorrow and I've just destroyed my ankle at footy :mad:

Awww isn't that nice to read?

Realistically though Louise you are looking at a good month or so of swollen mouth and stiffness in your jaw.

The stiffness has nothing to do with the wisdom teeth though.

Realistically though Louise you are looking at a good month or so of swollen mouth and stiffness in your jaw.

This is a family site :rolleyes:

:D

Hope it was in my case, unless there was people breaking into my house at night

Archived