Extractions

Louise

This is a thread for you all to send your sympathy my way as I am having yet more teeth taken out next month.

3 wisdom teeth.

Here's the best part.. they're growing in sideways so they have to be cracked in half and cut out.

Tell me how sorry you are for me, don't tell me any horror stories that will frighten me!

:sad::sad::sad:

Bit of a bummer but you'll be sound.

Just don't type wisdom teeth into google images... ;)

You're so annoying, there is now nothing I want to do more!

This is a thread for you all to send your sympathy my way as I am having yet more teeth taken out next month.

3 wisdom teeth.

Here's the best part.. they're growing in sideways so they have to be cracked in half and cut out.

Tell me how sorry you are for me, don't tell me any horror stories that will frighten me!

louise. having wisdom teeth out isn't the best experience in life.......... but, there are worse.

when you get home after, if possible, take some painkillers and head for bed.

when you wake, the mess on your pillow wont be pleasent, but the worst will be over.

and on a positive note, think of the money you'll get from the tooth fairy.

I've had my 4 premolars taken out already so I'm slightly prepared but the whole cutting of the gums thing is freaking me out a bit.

It's in the afternoon so when I get home I'll dose up on painkillers and temazepam.

Poor Lou..

I hate the dentist. Got an appointment in a couple of weeks and I'm concerned he is going to have to put me through more misery.

3 wisdom teeth.

I guess you will be getting it done in the dental hospital? Its really not so bad - well it wasnt so bad when you compare it to the pain the gave me before. My works healthcare refused to pay for it cos they were not buried - which is a bummer cos they would have done it under general anaesthetic.

Mine were rooted really deep in the gum and the dentist was at it for over an hour. They didnt come out in one piece but I couldnt feel anything untill he was pretty deep in, he asked me if I wanted him to top for a min or two but I just wanted it out - that bit hurt, just cos it was so close to the nerves.

My mouth and jaw were sore for the week after, and I had about 4 stitches in each side which came out after about 5 days. I actually walked home after coming out of the hospital cos I didnt feel like getting on a warm bus. People were giving me funny looks, I thought it was cos I just looked spaced out but when I got home there was 2 dried streams of blood coming form each side of my mouth, and I was pure white. Lovely look, unfortunetly for me I hadn't been out all night biting necks

I was meant to be saying the whole thing wasn't too bad....then I read over my post...d'oh!!

Had just one out a year ago.

I bled & bled & bled all night long. Swallowing piles of blood during the night was simply pure & utter filth.

My jobbies were black for about 2 days. Pure black.

And when I yawn it still hurts.

Good luck.

Had just one out a year ago.

I bled & bled & bled all night long. Swallowing piles of blood during the night was simply pure & utter filth.

My jobbies were black for about 2 days. Pure black.

And when I yawn it still hurts.

Good luck.

are you a chosen one?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
I'll save you the bother.....

43819032_6515434300.jpg?v=0

:eek:

Oh my word, that is horrific.

I've not been to the dentist since the day after the semi final, I was absolutely pished so a bit embarrased to go back!

Does everyone have to get wisdom teeth ripped out? I think I'm going to give it a miss when mines come in! :eek:

My wee bro has got some teeth growing in from the roof of his mouth (to the side of the gum, the actual palate bit!) He's going to have to get them cut out in the next couple weeks. He's shyting himself! !

Say What Again
the whole cutting of the gums thing is freaking me out a bit.

I'm pretty much scared of the dentist Lou but I did have to go through a similar thing a few years back.

I had it done at the second attempt as I bottled it and left the first time!

My tooth had broken so the dentist had to cut open my gum to get at it. Before she did that I had to get 3 jags in the roof of my mouth and gum.

I didn't feel a thing.

I still crapped myself about going back to get the stitches out but that only took about 10 seconds.

Jags are really uncomfortable and but do the job. The dentist is usually about 80%uncomfortable pain and 20% agony.

I had a couple out last year and i was shyting myself.

It's not all that though, in fact it was pretty painless altogether.

You'll be fine.

3 wisdom teeth.

OMG:eek:....pure agony!

I had two wisdom teeth out in January. Piece of p*ss, barely felt a thing. Albeit, they were two upper teeth and came straight out.

The dental nurse was fit too.

My dentist won't give me the goahead to get my two lower wisdom teeth out unless they basically turn black, as they are not impacting (yet), even though one is almost horizontal. :(

My dentist won't give me the goahead to get my two lower wisdom teeth out unless they basically turn black, as they are not impacting (yet), even though one is almost horizontal. :(

My dentist wasn't interested either, so I went to the orthodontist I used to go to and he referred me. They are just kind of sore all the time and a total pain in the a**e, plus I already had 4 teeth out and had braces when I was younger and I don't want that to have been a waste of time.

....So in conclusion, I actually asked for this procedure, therefore deserve no sympathy at all :D

My dentist wasn't interested either, so I went to the orthodontist I used to go to and he referred me. They are just kind of sore all the time and a total pain in the a**e, plus I already had 4 teeth out and had braces when I was younger and I don't want that to have been a waste of time.

....So in conclusion, I actually asked for this procedure, therefore deserve no sympathy at all :D

You asked for it???:eek: Do you ever contemplate burning yourself or heading brick walls;)

You asked for it???:eek: Do you ever contemplate burning yourself or heading brick walls;)

I burned myself with the iron earlier :( I am clearly not reponsible enough to do such chores, hopefully I will find a nice man to do them for me =D

Incidentally, here are my premolars!!! (btw this is an old picture, I don't have them in a drawer somewhere and just fished them out to show you all)

Picture0.jpg

I burned myself with the iron earlier :( I am clearly not reponsible enough to do such chores, hopefully I will find a nice man to do them for me =D

Incidentally, here are my premolars!!! (btw this is an old picture, I don't have them in a drawer somewhere and just fished them out to show you all)

Picture0.jpg

Did somebody kill the Marchmont tooth fairy or what?

I had two wisdom teeth out in January. Piece of p*ss, barely felt a thing. Albeit, they were two upper teeth and came straight out.

The dental nurse was fit too.

my lower ones were fused with the bone....needed drilled out

my lower ones were fused with the bone....needed drilled out

Ouch!

The decision was taken to remove my tops ones in the hope that it would negate the need for the bottom ones to come out, as that would involve surgery.

Ouch!

The decision was taken to remove my tops ones in the hope that it would negate the need for the bottom ones to come out, as that would involve surgery.

Yeah, I had so much cut out of the gum and the roots were in the bone - the surgeon told me before so I had to get bone drilled out to get to the roots. Surprisinly I never had any bruising at all, which I was warned I could - just swelling for about 3 days and I felt like trapjaw from He-man for about 2 weeks

blog_stone_deaf.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well I've had it done...

Wasn't the most pleasant experience of my life I have to say, all 3 in a oner and wide awake, but thought I might as well just get it over with.

Top one popped out no bother but bottom ones both had to have the gum cut open, and drilled right down to the bone then split into pieces to be removed. Hearing the teeth break was definitely the worst bit.

Still a wee bit numb but starting to get awfy sore, know the worst is yet to come.

Well I've had it done...

Wasn't the most pleasant experience of my life I have to say, all 3 in a oner and wide awake, but thought I might as well just get it over with.

Top one popped out no bother but bottom ones both had to have the gum cut open, and drilled right down to the bone then split into pieces to be removed. Hearing the teeth break was definitely the worst bit.

Still a wee bit numb but starting to get awfy sore, know the worst is yet to come.

That sounds ****ing horrific.

Not the nicest 90 minutes ever to be honest.

I've not worked up the courage to look at my mouth in the mirror yet ... Gutted I didn't even get a souvenir to bring home coz the teeth were all broken into wee bits :sad:

Very brave Louise, hope it aint to sore for long. Worth it in long run and doing it all it once is the best way.

Not everyone gets them through in the first place, but most of the time if they do come through there isn't much room for them and they just cause pain or discomfort so will be taken out.

Incidentally, I just looked in the mirror for the first time since I got up and MY FACE IS MASSIVE :sad: :sad: :sad:

I would post a genuine picture but don't think anyone wants to see. The dentist let the student she had with her do my stitches.

I would post a genuine picture but don't think anyone wants to see. The dentist let the student she had with her do my stitches.

Its not the most pleasant experience, but I bet anything the dentist throws at you from this day forward will not even worry you.

The swelling etc doesnt last long, just stay off work as long as possible.

Incidently I had mine removed over a year ago and I still have the 2 socket holes in the back of my mouth

Art Vanderlay
Not the nicest 90 minutes ever to be honest.

Better than yesterday evening though...

I'm going to the dentist on Monday. Dreading it even more now after your toe-curlingly awful account. :-(

Better than yesterday evening though...

I'm going to the dentist on Monday. Dreading it even more now after your toe-curlingly awful account. :-(

Beat me to it. I had a gag planned about pulling teeth and everything!

Hope the poor girl is not in too much pain.

Art Vanderlay
Beat me to it. I had a gag planned about pulling teeth and everything!

Hope the poor girl is not in too much pain.

Beat you to it. By more than three hours. :-)

Archived