Fans Today

jamborory

i was there (as where others on KB) and imo the atmosphere in our end was fantastic throughout the game, there is no need for some to be on here having a go at Hearts fans for supposedly abusing Larry for being a black or a N, or at Hibs fans singing a song about him which was just football banter,

if you dont like what you hear challenge it, dont come here and hide behind a keyboard.

i enjoy the derby atmosphere, would these people prefer it to have the same atmosphere as say a Dunfermline Hearts game at tynie? well maybe they would but i dont and most of the 3500 would agree.

May I ask why you are quoting my post when I have made no disparaging remarks about any songs or chants that were sung by the Heart of Midlothian fans. Other than to say that I thought the support was superb etc and no doubt will be missing from Tynie next week?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Other than to say that I thought the support was superb etc and no doubt will be missing from Tynie next week?

We have a whole different set of 3800 fans that go to Easter Road and the like that dont go to home games ?

Nonsense, in fact I'm betting that around 95% of them go to most home games.

The atmosphere and the attitude that people take to away games has always been different, especially when its a big game. Its been like that for the 40 odd years Ive been going to games

There has NEVER been an atmosphere at Tynecastle for run of the mill league games when the team isnt that great and anyone who says differently is simply re-writing history and getting it wrong.

I remember a home game in 86 against Clydebank when we could have won the league on the day and the place was dead !!

Was sitting next to the ****miest erses i've ever known. Had an argument when I first got in cos I asked where he was sitting cos he was in my seat. He went mad because all i said was he was in my seat.

***** had a go at me cos of it. Idiot was with his son who was about 7 and he was singing about the UVF. Not ideal.

hearts were great today

FTH

We have a whole different set of 3800 fans that go to Easter Road and the like that dont go to home games ?

Nonsense, in fact I'm betting that around 95% of them go to most home games.

The atmosphere and the attitude that people take to away games has always been different, especially when its a big game. Its been like that for the 40 odd years Ive been going to games

There has NEVER been an atmosphere at Tynecastle for run of the mill league games when the team isnt that great and anyone who says differently is simply re-writing history and getting it wrong.

I remember a home game in 86 against Clydebank when we could have won the league on the day and the place was dead !!

So what prevented the atmosphere on that day in 86? I've been to E Road several times. And I agree, there are only a few times when Tynecastle is high octane/adrenalin/ whatever.

I'm simply asking why it will be dead next week, and it will be, because we have a week of rumours, and other pish when we should concentrate on football.

Hell, the last ever Edinburgh derby ended in a draw!

Generic Username

I knew my original post would end up stoking the fires and getting a few token nuggets jumping up and down, trying to justify the unjustifiable.

I was in the lower tier, row Q and let me make this crystal for you all - there was no "supposed" abuse to Larry Kingston, Nade and the black players of Hibs, it happened throughout the game, from one wee nugget beside us (light blue polo shirt, acne and braces on his teeth, must have been about 14) and from the 3 or 4 rows behind us. Not EVERYONE but some and thats all it takes for us to get a shafting from the powers that be.

The idiots that come on here and are claiming that these guys can do what they want, when they want, it's up to the police to catch them in the act - away and bolt. You're telling me I could wander up to Tynie with my stonk out and rub it on people's legs and it's fine, just as long as the police don't catch me doing it? Fuds, total ***** mentality.

And on the issue of not being a real fan because no one spoke to these boys about it, I'm not one for going up to a 19 stone skinhead who's spouting off racist nonsense and asking him to stop, I quite enjoy not having my face smashed into the back of my skull by some eijit who's got all the social skills of a burnt turd. These guys shouldn't need accosted, they shouldn't be at the game in the first place.

People can bring flags and sing songs about fenians all they like, the days coming where it's going to be completely taken out but racism, of your own players no less, it's 2008, that nonsense belongs in the dark ages or the deep south of America. What Kingston being black has to do with anything football related is beyond me.

Thanks to everyone else at Easter Road who made the day fantastic. There is no doubt we had a great support yesterday, I went away a happy man, I just wish this element of the support didn't exist.

Atmosphere was outstanding. I was in the front row lower tier getting soaked and enjoyed every minute. My son was with me and he couldn't believe the atmosphere which tells you how dead tynie is every week.

Did anyone see the fat boy peeling of ?50.00 notes from a big wad and waving them at the vladnote comedians? Priceless.

Even funnier when the female steward called him a ***** and told him to sit down. He didn't take it too well. (The stewards at our end were from Tynecastle by the way).

When Bruno scored the stewards were ****t1ng themselves as everyone went beserk (not that anyone went over the wall) quite the best and wildest celebration I've seen for some time. If Bruno had scored at the end it would've been bedlam.

Rounded off the day with a bucket of beer - very enjoyable.

Some fans were great.

Some were total fandangs.

Constant shouts to Kingston and Nade of "n*gger" and "away back tae yer own country" were lovely touches...

Total drivel...you are just looking for reaction:mad:

Why not just start a "Look at me" thread!

Also fairplay to the stewards for allowing us to stand for the entire 90 unlike last year.

Really added to the atmosphere and proves that standing is the best way to savour a football match.

I thought the atmosphere was very good, throat was killing me.

Heard some good songs and some bad. I think it's safe to say we have a significant loyalist support now. Not all are young lads, most are grown men.

Superb to have Hello Hello back too.

Generic Username
Total drivel...you are just looking for reaction:mad:

Why not just start a "Look at me" thread!

Aye must be drivel with the other people coming on confirming what went on and other nonsense they heard.

You want to pretend this element don't exist then thats fine by me. Just as you're allowed to ignore it, I'm entitled to highlight it.

If you don't like or accept that then you can away and suck on your own arse.

Can't comment on some of the things directed towards Larry/Nade as i never heard anything remotely like that.Plenty of comments telling him(Larry) to get his finger out etc.which was fair enough.

Regarding the atmosphere at Tynie,i think its a wee bit premature to say it will be like a morgue.Who knows how the game might pan out and how the fans will react.I hope it will be a good game and the atmosphere will be good.

There can be no comparison between the first derby of the season(away)and a home cat.B game.In saying that,the sheep always bring a good flock and it always helps the atmosphere so,who knows!

hearts-4-life

Went to the game yesterday. Great result. Believe we were lucky. Dereck R however is a great player for hibs. Lets be honest he made it hard for us out there. If we could wait till he has a free contract i think it would be a great buy. However maybe we could swap nadi for him. Quality.

Went to the game yesterday. Great result. Believe we were lucky. Dereck R however is a great player for hibs. Lets be honest he made it hard for us out there. If we could wait till he has a free contract i think it would be a great buy. However maybe we could swap nadi for him. Quality.

:hobofish::107years:

Two posts both bigging up Ratboy. Hmm must try harder next time.

FTH

My throat is a bit rough today! Again, for the umpteenth time, we out-sung the Hobos. Nothing new there. Home or away it`s always the same.

Really, the Hobos create feck all atmosphere. You get a few early doors from them because of the adrenalin but as usual they ebb away.

We kept right behind the team even at 1-0 and carried that on throughout the game.

PresidentRomanov
I never seen so many UJ in a Hearts support in my life. Our fans were amazing

Half time was like Last Night at the Proms :eek:

I never seen so many UJ in a Hearts support in my life. Our fans were amazing

Yes, the players must have been truly inspired. :rolleyes:

The Old Tolbooth
Yes, the players must have been truly inspired. :rolleyes:

What did your German friend think of the game and the Hearts support Dave?

What did your German friend think of the game and the Hearts support Dave?

He referees in the German lower leagues and thinks ( and has always thought ) that the game here is much tougher and there would be far more bookings if it had been played in Germany. He enjoyed it and thought Hearts were the better team.

He's a season ticket holder at Hannover 96 and they get crowds of over 40k so is used to being surrounded by loud nutters. However, I took him to see Bonnyrigg Rose on the Saturday so he saw some real culture there.:rolleyes:

Sounds like you were all excited... :rolleyes:

I was, I was bouncing with delight as I typed it. I can't believe there were no spelling mistakes.

the_proms_0166_470x352.jpg

If nothing else, you sure know how to party....

:)

The one on the right is Pickybum at the Merchie on Sunday night. :cool_shades:

I was in upper tier and never heard any racial abuse what so ever.thought the atmosphere was great but agree there is still that element that spoil it but thats the same at every club.

Glad 2 hear Hullo Hullo back as it gets everyone bouncing.If we all sang Hibee blood version then we would drown out theses morons!!!

Archived