Fans Today

jamborory

Went along to Tannadice last night, to put down my Hearts top, the place was awash with scarves tops etc... It was one of the most touching moments of my life, one which I will never forget, I signed the book of condolense from the Hearts fans ( hope that was ok?)

Well done:)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brilliant atmosphere where i was sitting in the lower tier.

Good to see fans not having at go at each other just for singing songs they didn't agree with looks like fans have finally realised that if they don't like a song they just don't have to sing it.

Never heard any racism near me so can't comment on that.

All round brilliant effort from the Hearts fans.

letsalllaughathobos

heyy if some folk want to be a racist or a bigot they can bash the f***-on.

who are we to say,YOU SHOULD NOT DO THAT.

if the police catch them then its there fault.

You can ram the billy boys.Arseholes singing this.

we're the gorgie billy we sung this song years ago and we still do it's never gone away it never will.

yet again good show from all of us me and my bovruls and abuse to the wee rat with the flag in there shed end MOD EDIT because i know who he is.

So by your logic anyone can do whatever they want at any point and they should get away with it unless the police catch them?

Absolute rubbish.

we're the gorgie billy we sung this song years ago and we still do it's never gone away it never will.

yet again good show from all of us me and my bovruls and abuse to the wee rat with the flag in there shed end is getting smashed tommorow because i know who he is.

Yeah great mate...WTF?!:rolleyes:

not if it comes back to bite the club on the bum.

nobody has the right to put the club's interests at risk by doing "what they want".

not if it comes back to bite the club on the bum.

nobody has the right to put the club's interests at risk by doing "what they want".

well if u eejits want to go on about racist remarks and stuff what about the big white thing that was thrown onto the pitch? nobody's mentioned this yet but i'll be in the PC BRIGADE and admit i seen it and who done it but i will not grass this person just like most *hearts fans * do these days.

Plenty of songs are sung at one point then die out. I'm sure people will continue to sing the fenian blood version as they are ignorant like you.

yet again good show from all of us me and my bovruls

What does that even mean?

and abuse to the wee rat with the flag in there shed end is getting smashed tommorow because i know who he is.

I despair, I really do.

well if u eejits want to go on about racist remarks and stuff what about the big white thing that was thrown onto the pitch? nobody's mentioned this yet but i'll be in the PC BRIGADE and admit i seen it and who done it but i will not grass this person just like most *hearts fans * do these days.

what are you on about?

Plenty of songs are sung at one point then die out. I'm sure people will continue to sing the fenian blood version as they are ignorant like you.

What does that even mean?

I despair, I really do.

well let's say i'm not ignorant i'm singing what is correct and joining in with another few hundred hearts fans as i'm on here speaking about i will take the beating for everyone who joined in there dozens.

well i had to buy 4 bovrils because everytime makacalimity had the ball i was shaking my hands like an eejit.

good for u

Aren't the eejits the ones who make the racist remarks?

You're not going to grass the person who threw that crappy little white thing onto the pitch? What are you after, praise?

Aren't the eejits the ones who make the racist remarks?

You're not going to grass the person who threw that crappy little white thing onto the pitch? What are you after, praise?

No i'm not going to be one of the PC BRIGADE.

the eejits are not the ones who make the racist remarks. and nor am i saying they are right or wrong but there was different kind of slurs. and most of them from our fans today where made against our own players who the fans who said this where probably steaming.

the eejits are not the ones who make the racist remarks. and nor am i saying they are right or wrong but there was different kind of slurs. and most of them from our fans today where made against our own players who the fans who said this where probably steaming.

please shut up. seriously, you're making a right shop's front of yourself.

well let's say i'm not ignorant i'm singing what is correct and joining in with another few hundred hearts fans as i'm on here speaking about i will take the beating for everyone who joined in there dozens.

well i had to buy 4 bovrils because everytime makacalimity had the ball i was shaking my hands like an eejit.

good for u

I think you should take a wee time out and think about what you are posting.

Maybe try a few rough copies before pressing 'submit reply' and make sure and proof read it.

Then maybe what you eventually post will sound coherent and precise.

please shut up. seriously, you're making a right shop's front of yourself.

why should i listen too what someone says ? i have my rights and you have yours but your rights dont intend for you to tell people to shut up. so back at ya.

yet again good show from all of us me and my bovruls and abuse to the wee rat with the flag in there shed end is getting smashed tommorow because i know who he is.

Bet he is ****ing it fi u!!!!! I can imagine what ure like prob Burberry hat(fake) tracksuit bottoms! Drinking bottles of merrydown on the street corner.mind sweeping at partys.NED.Now beat it ya wee vagina.I know ure off school this week but it is nearly 22.30 (10.30 pm) Why dont u run to ure room get under the covers and have a ham shank while looking at your parents Littlewoods catalogue.fud.

the eejits are not the ones who make the racist remarks.

Lost for words.

and nor am i saying they are right or wrong but there was different kind of slurs. and most of them from our fans today where made against our own players

Ah, so it's OK to make racist remarks against our own black players? Shocking comment.

who the fans who said this where probably steaming.

So if you're drunk you can do what you want and say what you want?

I cannot believe I've bothered engaging in conversation with you. The ignorance from you on these issues is unbelievable.

VOTE SNP AGAIN FROM THE KICKBACK CREW I GUESS. Well done too all who brought flags scarves there bellys and themselves to the game.

Do ******************** what? :o plum

Lost for words.

Ah, so it's OK to make racist remarks against our own black players? Shocking comment.

So if you're drunk you can do what you want and say what you want?

I cannot believe I've bothered engaging in conversation with you. The ignorance from you on these issues is unbelievable.

Some people can't handle there actions whilst drunk surely you should know that at your age.

i was joking :)

*SCOTTISH* national party can feck off.

we were all young once boy, young and daft. you are young, daft and online. dangerous combo.

please get a grip.

Some people can't handle there actions whilst drunk surely you should know that at your age.

That's a pathetic excuse that people use to do whatever they want when they are drunk.

That's a pathetic excuse that people use to do whatever they want when they are drunk.

Don't know why your bothering trying to get through to this Richard.Ignore him he will go away.

letsalllaughathobos
So by your logic anyone can do whatever they want at any point and they should get away with it unless the police catch them?

Absolute rubbish.

and are you going to be the one who stops it?

Toxteth O'Grady

Best atmosphere in a long time (east side lower).

Just a lot of good Jambos supporting our team and giving the Hobos some stick:107years:

Just a lot of good Jambos supporting our team and giving the Hobos some stick:107years:

was i one of them with the silver/grey top on with about 20 bovrils ? and showing off ?5 note?

and are you going to be the one who stops it?

see you in N2 next week bring on the sheepshaggers.

got my aunty's season ticket so in Section N to cause some havoc.

I had an absolute bloody ball today, right behind the goals never sat down throughout the entire game. Awesome.

The support was unreal, although there were obviously the same old idiots who always show up. The racism and bigotry needs to be sorted out like.

Anyway, FTH.

Very much with you on that.. I was bottom tier behind the goals about 10 rows up. Superb day out, not long in. Just wish we had managed to get a winner. Anyway FTH and bring on the next derby :)

Thought the support behind the team was absolutely tremendous, we were right behind the goal and the banter with mr Kalamity was superb wyndin the trumpet right up! Plus all the way headin to the match , I take my hat off to our support, we're the best!!

Some fans were great.

Some were total fandangs.

Constant shouts to Kingston and Nade of "n*gger" and "away back tae yer own country" were lovely touches...

Constant? steady!

i was sitting in the lower tier, row E, never heard any of this nonsense. if this is true did you shout them down? or sit back and wait to post about on it KB? to many fans talk about this in disgust but do nothing about it!

Some fans do get carried away but there is no excuse for racism, imo the crowd were on top form today and i had a great day out and sang plenty songs:p

WANYE WANYE SUPER WAYNE

In general the atmpshere in the ground was great but as usual you get a good number of fans - I was going to say a few but I would be lying - saying ridiculos things or singing certain 'songs'. ie the large amount of fans outside a pub on Easter Road singing "Oh Edinburgh is Wonderful". Cringeworthy.

But anyway in the ground the atmosphere was great.

I don't see anything wrong with this song? Unless I've heard different words sung to it from you.

Made a decision after today -- from now on if any of them are sitting near me and start that racist p..h then I will approach the stewards and police at an appropriate time and tell them what I have heard and from whom -- time to stop this madness in the bud and the only way it will happen is if something is done and not just said about it.

So to all those who peddled that racist crap the next time if you are near me then you will be informed upon -- no more hiding behind 'we are all the same badge' because we support Hearts.

Once a few are taken in or thrown out the others will not be so quick - most of them are ignorant teenagers who think it's fun and makes them look hard.

if its such a big problem for you why haven't you done it before? or do you prefer to sit back after the game and post nonsense on KB

I don't see anything wrong with this song? Unless I've heard different words sung to it from you.

I've only heard one version of this song and not acceptable IMO :sad:

Agreed, all this having a go at the support is nonsense

why should i listen too what someone says ? i have my rights and you have yours but your rights dont intend for you to tell people to shut up. so back at ya.

I think you've been listening far too much to what other people tell you. Next time you hear the 'big boys' singing these songs and spouting their ignorant bile, do yourself a favour....and right there and then...ask them to explain exactly what they mean and how it connects to Hearts. It's just a wild guess on my part, of course, but I think you might find it an enlightening experience.

If not, I can only hope that when you've done some growing up you'll look back on this period of personal development with more than a tinge of embarrassment.

Perhaps some assumptions there on my part, but I'm guessing that your personal politics were not shaped by in-depth reading or research.

It is a tremendous shame that next week Tynie will no doubt be a morgue in comparison to the support today.

Perhaps, we need to/should run any chants/songs past those that may be offended before they are aired upon the masses.

Freedom of expression. (Say what you like in your own home but we will find you.) Just because some individuals have an opinion that many do not agree with does not make that opinion wrong. Avoid ethnocentrism.

It is a tremendous shame that next week Tynie will no doubt be a morgue in comparison to the support today.

Perhaps, we need to/should run any chants/songs past those that may be offended before they are aired upon the masses.

Freedom of expression. (Say what you like in your own home but we will find you.) Just because some individuals have an opinion that many do not agree with does not make that opinion wrong. Avoid ethnocentrism.

Sorry, but that's a load of mince.

I certainly didn't notice these controversial songs making any sort of significantly positive contribution to the atmosphere. I've been listening to people on this board telling us for AGES that they were essential because they get the crowd going. Never noticed this at Tynie or other grounds I've visited....and I certainly didn't notice it today either. As far as I'm aware, it is pretty standard to adapt your behaviour in social situations so that you don't offend too many people. It's called manners, amongst many other things.

And also...a wrong or inaccurate opinion is still wrong, whether you agree with it or not.

Sorry, but that's a load of mince.

I certainly didn't notice these controversial songs making any sort of significantly positive contribution to the atmosphere. I've been listening to people on this board telling us for AGES that they were essential because they get the crowd going. Never noticed this at Tynie or other grounds I've visited....and I certainly didn't notice it today either. As far as I'm aware, it is pretty standard to adapt your behaviour in social situations so that you don't offend too many people. It's called manners, amongst many other things.

And also...a wrong or inaccurate opinion is still wrong, whether you agree with it or not.

But who says that the opinion expressed is wrong? Is it because the society that has evovled says it is wrong? And that society's views are the only correct stance and the only way we should follow?

Unfortunately, I was unable to attend the match today, therefore I am only going on what I heard. All I heard was fans of Heart of Midlothian belting out tunes, and I wished I was part of them as I have been at fester.

But who says that the opinion expressed is wrong? Is it because the society that has evovled says it is wrong? And that society's views are the only correct stance and the only way we should follow?

Don't get all Durkheim on us. These neds aren't Galileo.

Unfortunately, I was unable to attend the match today, therefore I am only going on what I heard. All I heard was fans of Heart of Midlothian belting out tunes, and I wished I was part of them as I have been at fester.

The content of the opinion itself can quite easily be incorrect, it depends on the subject matter and the context though I suppose. People have the right to express their opinions but these opinions can still be wrong.

And yes, social norms probably are entirely to 'blame'....if that's the right way to look at it...but they tend to evolve in a way which reflects the needs and wishes of the majority, so they have more influence. If you don't like the prevalent norms in your society, it's probably less stressful just to go and find one that welcomes you and your baggage rather than impose unpopular and offensive behaviours on people who don't appreciate it. I don't see what's so wrong with the majority rule approach, to be honest.

The fans did belt out a few tunes today, for sure. My point was simply that the crap offensive ones uttered by smaller numbers were not half as rousing or effective as those which were sung by the whole support. Tormenting their keeper was the biggest hit of all though...hehe... :)

Please, get to bed muppet. Well past your bed time.

I dispair with young boys like you, who seem to think they know best!! Get to, with your remarks..

Its orite ken, cos as long as the buys wr steaming its o'rite ken...super chat!

Kalamazoo Jambo

I can only hope that you've misheard the lyrics then :sad:

i was there (as where others on KB) and imo the atmosphere in our end was fantastic throughout the game, there is no need for some to be on here having a go at Hearts fans for supposedly abusing Larry for being a black or a N, or at Hibs fans singing a song about him which was just football banter,

if you dont like what you hear challenge it, dont come here and hide behind a keyboard.

i enjoy the derby atmosphere, would these people prefer it to have the same atmosphere as say a Dunfermline Hearts game at tynie? well maybe they would but i dont and most of the 3500 would agree.

The content of the opinion itself can quite easily be incorrect, it depends on the subject matter and the context though I suppose. People have the right to express their opinions but these opinions can still be wrong.

How can someone's or a groups opinion be 'incorrect' or 'wrong'? I know that there are probably laws that have been influenced by society that says that if you hold such an opinion then you will be outcast. (Not the terminology I'm looking for.).

And yes, social norms probably are entirely to 'blame'....if that's the right way to look at it...but they tend to evolve in a way which reflects the needs and wishes of the majority, so they have more influence. If you don't like the prevalent norms in your society, it's probably less stressful just to go and find one that welcomes you and your baggage rather than impose unpopular and offensive behaviours on people who don't appreciate it. I don't see what's so wrong with the majority rule approach, to be honest.

In an ideal world, unfortunately this is not utopia. Does this mean the oppressed/minority should not have an opinion and the majority should take little notice of them?

The fans did belt out a few tunes today, for sure. My point was simply that the crap offensive ones uttered by smaller numbers were not half as rousing or effective as those which were sung by the whole support. Tormenting their keeper was the biggest hit of all though...hehe... :)

Apologies red, only I'm in a position where I need to have an open mind so have tried to keep a civilized debate. But what is civilized?!

Hibs goalies? night and day! (I could probably find some question about that remark but won't!)

I used to constantly bang on about this sort of thing on here.

The fact is though, if you go to football and want to continue going you have to accept the fact that football is all inclusive and open to all.

That means you'll meet some nice guys along the way, and you'll meet some morons along the way. Just as you can meet nice guys and morons in roughly the same quantities on the 42 bus, any workplace you care to mention, any pub you care to mention and any message board you care to mention

Apart from the addition of the religious element in a far greater preveleance at the OF clubs, almost every club in Scotland has exactly the same proportion of nice guys and morons following them, and that includes Hearts.

We have a nasty, malicious, racist, sectarian element attached to our club, have had for years, just as Hibs have had it for years in roughly equal numbers.

They are the s cum of the earth and I wish at times they would all just feck off. but at the end of the day I only have to spend 90 minutes a week in their presence and its no longer the big deal in my mind that I once thought it was. They're simply different to me and most of you. More to be pitied and educated than given any credibility or sense of importance.

Archived