Larry Kingston

brellierlegend

He had a bad first half but played better in the 2nd.

Missed a sitter and some poor dead ball deliveries.

We should be getting much, much more from this guy.

Absolutely stinking! Pull your finger out!

What game were you watching??? I thought Kingston and Aguiar were our two best players

He looked decent to me, but always looking for the difficult killer pass when he had easier options I thought.

He did at least try to get involved today which is more than can be said for some previous performances this season.

There are some players the 'fans' will always want to give stick to and unfortunately KIngston is one of those.

The entire team played well today, probably as well as they have all season and unfortunately for the moaners Kingston was part of that team.

Yes, he may have had the odd duff delivery or made the wrong decision but overall his contribution was very good.

He was lucky to stay on for the second half.

He misplaced passes left right and centre - maybe not left, because Driver was ignored when he was unmarked and screaming for the ball.

Instead of laying the ball wide he persistently lobbed a ball over Nade and into the hands of Ma-Kalambay.

When he had a clear shot on an open goal he put it well over the bar.

2nd half he improved and did some back-tracking, but I would have brought on Miko and given him a run up front instead.

Still, a fair result and a few good performances - great to see Bruno and Driver back, but Kello was a nightmare.

The Mighty Thor

Times up for this joker. Should be sold in the jan window if we can find anyone willing to pay the ludicrous wages he is on.

Nucky Thompson

My ass! What a load of pish! Larry is a luxury player, did you not see all his deliveries into the box and link up play in midfield? Half the people on here wouldn't know a footballer if they came up and smacked them in the face!

My ass! What a load of pish! Larry is a luxury player, did you not see all his deliveries into the box and link up play in midfield? Half the people on here wouldn't know a footballer if they came up and smacked them in the face!

He also created great space for himself today, time and time again. Off the ball I thought he was excellent.

Didn't have a great game, but to say he was gash is way out of order!!!

He made a decent contribution to a good team performance.

His balls over the top to Nade, I'm certain, was a tactical decision, and they could have paid off!!!

Nucky Thompson
He also created great space for himself today, time and time again. Off the ball I thought he was excellent.
I know mate. Half the folk on here don't know the first thing about football.

The Mighty Thor

I would suggest watching the game again if you can and watching the contribution of Aguiar versus the contribution of Kingston.

Kingston struggled to find a Hearts player in a 5 man midfield whilst Bruno effortlessly stroked the ball around finding Hearts players time after time.

The smiling clapping and windmilling is great for geeing up the fans, the constant loose passes and not tracking back is great for the opposition.

I realise he didn't play superbly but if Miko had played, our midfield would not have been nearly as fluid.

I thought Stewart and Aguiar played very well and Driver showed how much he was missed.

What we missed was something up front and Miko could have linked up well behind Nade.

We all know their goalie is schect and Miko can score from a good way out. With a wet pitch and ball and the ambition to have a shot on target instead of lofting balls aimlessly over their defence then Miko could have made a big difference.

I appreciate Larry improved in the second half, he even back-tracked in defence, but I felt the game was there for the taking if we had the cutting edge and more desire to have a shot on goal.

I realise he didn't play superbly but if Miko had played, our midfield would not have been nearly as fluid.

Always plays well for the telly! ;)

Snake Plissken

He had a few daft moments coupled with some killer passes and fluid play on the ball.

He put in a decent shift and the midfield looked well balanced today.

Nucky Thompson
I would suggest watching the game again if you can and watching the contribution of Aguiar versus the contribution of Kingston.

Kingston struggled to find a Hearts player in a 5 man midfield whilst Bruno effortlessly stroked the ball around finding Hearts players time after time.

The smiling clapping and windmilling is great for geeing up the fans, the constant loose passes and not tracking back is great for the opposition.

I would suggest you watch the game again. His deliveries to our lone striker were brilliant and his little one twos with Aguiar and Stewart in midfield left the Hobos baffled.

bilston angel

Some of the link up play between Kingston, Jonnson, Aquiar, Nade and others at times was really good, and put the flair boys in the shade, but we need a cutting edge. Andrew Drivers' direct running on the other flank was the perfect foil but there again no finishing touch we need a finisher,

Arthur Morgan

Your the one that is talking pish kingston played terrible everyone sitting around me at the game agreed.

Same old kingston doesnt look bothered and i really hope we sell him in january all he is, is a poser IMO

Larry did have stinker the 1st half and was slipping all over the place. I was screaming at him to change his boots and get his act together.

Played better the 2nd half but nowhere near what he's capable of.

Very dissapointing larry, You should of been one of the stand out players.

I'd like to big up Bruno Aguiar for very good game just coming back from a major injury. well done m8.

Guest juvehearts

kingston is a class act, i have always said that.

he is a calss act for conentinal football, not for the scottish game.

Question.................larrea Kingston or scott Severn?

seve for me any day

The Mighty Thor
I would suggest you watch the game again. His deliveries to our lone striker were brilliant and his little one twos with Aguiar and Stewart in midfield left the Hobos baffled.

No disrespect mate but you're talking about a different game to me.

I watched the game at home, stone cold sober and Kingston provided nothing in the first half, and was marginally better in the second half.

His 'deliveries' to Nade were hopeful punts at best when he had runners in Jonsson and Driver either side of him on many occasions. His delivery at the dead ball was shocking and everytime Aguiar laid the ball of to him in the first half he gave it away. He was the poorest player in our midfield 5 today.

Like i say, watch the repeat on Setanta.

letsalllaughathobos
Your the one that is talking pish kingston played terrible everyone sitting around me at the game agreed.

Same old kingston doesnt look bothered and i really hope we sell him in january all he is, is a poser IMO

tottally agree

kingston your times up

gtf

Nucky Thompson

Good for you being at the game. Don't listen to muppets round about you who had it in for him before he kicked a ball, think for yourself. I had the advantage of watching on the box and I can assure you Larry wasn't pish.

Has aii the talent, but just floats about to much.

Needs to get his finger out .........

Especially since he makes a hefty wedge..

His deliveries in the box? All utter pish.

I agree with what Peanut said. If Miko played it probably wouldn't have worked as well but for saturday I would have Miko in before Kingston.

No disrespect mate but you're talking about a different game to me.

I watched the game at home, stone cold sober and Kingston provided nothing in the first half, and was marginally better in the second half.

His 'deliveries' to Nade were hopeful punts at best when he had runners in Jonsson and Driver either side of him on many occasions. His delivery at the dead ball was shocking and everytime Aguiar laid the ball of to him in the first half he gave it away. He was the poorest player in our midfield 5 today.

Like i say, watch the repeat on Setanta.

People that think larry had a good game aren't worth getting worked up about m8. Let them wander around in there dream world.

Nucky Thompson
His deliveries in the box? All utter pish.

I agree with what Peanut said. If Miko played it probably wouldn't have worked as well but for saturday I would have Miko in before Kingston.

He stuck a couple of deliveries to Nade in the first half that got in behind the Hobo defence, a fitter striker would have scored at least one.

Seymour M Hersh
kingston is a class act, i have always said that.

he is a calss act for conentinal football, not for the scottish game.

Question.................larrea Kingston or scott Severn?

seve for me any day

Is that in general or playing wide right? If it's playing wide right I'd go for Kingston.

letsalllaughathobos

also csaba pulled him up about 4 times just before he got subbed.

his fancy passes are all good when you are 4-0 up not to try to win a derby.

i thought miko sould have come on about the 60/70 mins.

i'm sick of him(larry im the man kingston) he should be doing alot more in a game like this.

The White Cockade

decent game I thought

not at his best but played some great stuff with Jonsson and Agiuar

Gimme an H...

Agreed. His workrate off the ball is absolutely disgusting.

By that i mean tracking back, closing down etc.

I thought he was our best player.

He has the knack of making everything look so easy, as a lot of good players can.

That should not be misaken for not trying.

Aboslute PISH !!

:o

Everything he tried was half hearted.

Couldnt have sumed it up any better mate...

Kingston can leave with nade in january...

scott herbertson
He stuck a couple of deliveries to Nade in the first half that got in behind the Hobo defence, a fitter striker would have scored at least one.

agreed - there ere a couple of defdence splitting passes that Nade didn't get on the end of but that Fletcher or riordan would have loved. Kingston had a poor first half, struggling to keep his balance. However in the second half I thought he played well and his link up play with Aguiar and Driver was a joy to watch. He is a guy who can spring us quickly from defence to attack in a few paces and a pass. When Aguiar is fully fit and they are playing regularly together I think we will enjoy a creative midfield for the first time since Fulton and Cameron were linking up so well.

Arthur Morgan
Good for you being at the game. Don't listen to muppets round about you who had it in for him before he kicked a ball, think for yourself. I had the advantage of watching on the box and I can assure you Larry wasn't pish.

I am thinking for myself he was pish

letsalllaughathobos

mabye we are all expecting a wee bit to much from kingston.

thats why he is playing for hearts and not in the EPL or another top league.

(still dosent mean i like him though)

Kingston is a good player...we know this, he certainly knows this. But today he was disgracefully lazy. Everything about him was half hearted and like it was a major effort. Yes he played some nice stuff, but had he tried we could have comfortably won. His tracking back was non-existant...even when he was alongside his man. Pitiful really.

Kingston is the type of player you see a lot more of when you are controlling a game if you are chasing it he is largely invisible thought he was impressive today though

I'm a long way from being a Kingston fan, and after about 20 minutes I'd have subbed him, but after that I thought he was immense, definitely his best game in a long time.

kingston had a mare in the first half but settled down a bit in the second. stewart was also quiet, but doubtless he will be spared the criticism that kingston gets.

lay off larry, he will come good. miko did.

He reminds me a lot of Derek Ferguson when he was at Tynie. He needs support and players around him to create open space, which you are rarely going to get in a derby.

His free kicks were poor, but I thought he linked up well with Bruno. Some of the passing interchanges were a joy to watch and I think we will have a great midfield to watch as him and Bruno play more together.

Archived