Larry Kingston

brellierlegend

My ass! What a load of pish! Larry is a luxury player, did you not see all his deliveries into the box and link up play in midfield? Half the people on here wouldn't know a footballer if they came up and smacked them in the face!

exactly Boo - all that let Larry down today was the final finish at times, disappointing mind.

For the Miko lovers, your man would have been a passenger today, FACT.

That team today is our best eleven available and should have won the game

I thought Larry was ok today, like people say some passes and dead balls were poor. The whole side played fairly well but Driver and especially Aguair were fantastic. Rather have Larry than miko any day but still expect a lot more from him.

Agreed. His workrate off the ball is absolutely disgusting.

By that i mean tracking back, closing down etc.

The only thing that's disgusting is the tone of this thread. Hearts 'fans' are never happy unless there's someone to lynch.

As an aside do you know that when Juan Roman Riquleme played for Villareal they deliberately set themselves up in 10 man formation when they lost possession because Riquelme was as much good at defending as a chocolate fireguard??

You either want work-horses or we want a bit of flair. You can't have both.

The only thing that's disgusting is the tone of this thread. Hearts 'fans' are never happy unless there's someone to lynch.

As an aside do you know that when Juan Roman Riquleme played for Villareal they deliberately set themselves up in 10 man formation when they lost possession because Riquelme was as much good at defending as a chocolate fireguard??

You either want work-horses or we want a bit of flair. You can't have both.

lol

We cant get any !!

Thought he looked alright today.

You have got to be having a laugh, he was a total joke could'nt be arsed most of the time hardly gave any help to Eggert and jogged about the park most of the time, lazy wee git.

If he had put in half the shift driver gave then we would probably have won that game.

Worthing Jambo

Nade and Kingston are overpaid luxeries.

Kingston improved slightly in the 2nd half.

Nade is not even a good hold up player.

Both should be punted for players on less money, less talent, but, more desire and effort.

Pound for pound they are ****e.

Aguiar and Driver back from injury and were immense.

Pity some of the others lit(pun intended) them down.

Captain Black, however, has a role in his new position. Apart from one or two misplaced passes, he could be the business!

For the wages he gets paid he does not give value for money. Could get 3 decent players who would work twice as hard as Kingston does for the wages he is on.

Hopefully we punt him in January.

For the wages he gets paid he does not give value for money. Could get 3 decent players who would work twice as hard as Kingston does for the wages he is on.

Hopefully we punt him in January.

Anybody out there that thinks Larry is putting his all in should watch this (below) and tell me if we have seen anywhere near this effort for Hearts lately. In the clips he looks like a completely different player to the one in maroon.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hWe8OUgOOw8

he definitely could work harder off the ball. but on it, apart from a couple of slips in the first 25 minutes, he gives us quality. Berra's header off the bar, Kingston's pass. Nade clean through twice, Kingston passes. Second half he linked up superbly with Aguiar and Nade. With a wee bit more luck he could have been looking at three assists and a goal today (his miss was honking though) and I think that midfield definitely looks like it can provide goals for us.

He also created great space for himself today, time and time again. Off the ball I thought he was excellent.

He didn't have to create space for himself today, the hibs players stayed away form him 'cos they knew he was crap !! Didnae matter if he had acres of space, he was never going to do anything with it. Glad the rest of the team turned up the day, 'cos he was rank. Can't think of anything good he did the day.

lost in leith

Coud be wrong, but I get the impression that folk who watched the game on TV were happier than those who were there. You only see part of the pitch on the TV.

I thought he had his moments today, and with a bit of composure he could have scored twice. However, he often looked lazy. Sometimes it was failing to track back. At other times it was being careless with the ball. The worst for me was when the ball was cleared to him on the left hand side in the 2nd half. He had ages to take a touch and have a look. Instead he floated a lazy ball into the 6 yard box and the goalie took it easily.

I said in the summer that we should take any sensible offer for him and Nade, as they were both a waste of money. I stick by that view.

He looked decent to me, but always looking for the difficult killer pass when he had easier options I thought.

He did at least try to get involved today which is more than can be said for some previous performances this season.

Agree and thought he looked more comfy coming into the middle of the park, especially in the first half. Don't think the guy is a wide player to be honest. Much happier thru the middle but Bruno won't be moved if he plays like that every week.

agreed - there ere a couple of defdence splitting passes that Nade didn't get on the end of but that Fletcher or riordan would have loved. Kingston had a poor first half, struggling to keep his balance. However in the second half I thought he played well and his link up play with Aguiar and Driver was a joy to watch. He is a guy who can spring us quickly from defence to attack in a few paces and a pass. When Aguiar is fully fit and they are playing regularly together I think we will enjoy a creative midfield for the first time since Fulton and Cameron were linking up so well.

Wrong position.Not a wide player. Wrong Studs an aw first half. Nade didn't get on the end of them cause he's too slow. Not a player for running onto things.Bednar was ( Celtic at home a couple of years ago). Not that i'm saying anything about him. Just an example.!! Oops.:107years:

Think he could simply be low in confidence. Happens to the best of players. Fact is he is still the same player who had a great first season and we know his potential is great. If we keep playing like we did today all the players will grow with confidence.

Kingston was rank rotten.

Anyone who thinks he wasnt needs to sober up and watch the replays.

I reckon Bruno completed about 90% of his passes and hadnt played for over a year, Larry managed to feed the hobos for the entire first half, when he wasnt on his ass.

Watch the moment in the second half when Fletcher missed the postage stamp by about a yard and you will see Kingston pretending to be interested but basically saying to the hibs player, " help yourself, i dont give a sook".

Two chances to make a block but total capitulation, the guy has talent and that is what annoys me most.

He is an imposter, by far Hearts worst performer today, when he could have made the difference.

Jettison immediately!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please.

His deliveries in the box? All utter pish.

I agree with what Peanut said. If Miko played it probably wouldn't have worked as well but for saturday I would have Miko in before Kingston.

and yet Berra hit the bar from a brilliant Kingston delivery.Also put Nade clean through twice in the first half and his linking with Aguiar in the 2nd half was good.Someone else does have to take freekicks and corners though as once again Larry's were bad.

What game were you watching??? I thought Kingston and Aguiar were our two best players

Dinnae worry mate, when Larry goes we can look forward to Mikos quality on the right again:eek:

But on a more serious note, i thought Larry was a mixed bag yesterday. Missed a decent chance when he should have done far better but at times he showed is quality in holding onto the ball under pressure whereas other players we have don`t have that ability.

I thought at periods in the game Bruno and Larry`s neat play and intelligence on the ball had Hibs chasing shadows but more of an end product would have been nice.

I thought he was our best player.

He has the knack of making everything look so easy, as a lot of good players can.

That should not be misaken for not trying.

To be fair, the defensive side of Larry's game is abysmal. He backtracks at walking pace, leaving Jonsson hopelessly exposed. But is always has been.

I thought yesterday he was better than he has been for a while. Struggled to kep his footing, but the longer the game went on the better he got. I think having Aguiar in there brings out the best in him.

I also agree that a fitter striker would have got on the end of one of Larry's through balls.

I thought Larry did fine yesterday, but also agree he has the ability to contribute more.

Far from perfect

Archived