Positives/Negatives on the Derby

Captain Scarlett

Captain Scarlett

Ok its all over 1-1, They were there for the taking but we couldnt capitalise. So whats the positive and negative things from the game?

Positives.... 1. Aguiar back and getting a goal while playing well.

2. Showed a bit of togetherness

3. Created some no bad chances

4. Ballogh doing well and looking composed

Negatives.... 1. Slack passing (especially at the back)

2. Kello with the ball at his feet

3. Our finishing

4. Our strikers

Anymore???

rudi must stay
Ok its all over 1-1, They were there for the taking but we couldnt capitalise. So whats the positive and negative things from the game?

Positives.... 1. Aguiar back and getting a goal while playing well.

2. Showed a bit of togetherness

3. Created some no bad chances

4. Ballogh doing well and looking composed

Negatives.... 1. Slack passing (especially at the back)

2. Kello with the ball at his feet

3. Our finishing

4. Our strikers

Anymore???

another one was how composed we looked on the ball. We didn't give the ball away when we had it

we are crying out for a striker. If we had a robbo type forward today they could have had 2 or 3 at least.

It was a bit more promising from Nade today though. I think he just needs to get his confidence up. A goal would do him the world of good imo.

Captain Scarlett
another one was how composed we looked on the ball. We didn't give the ball away when we had it

Agreed.

maltese jambo

Positives:

we won the midfield no problems

made more than enough chances to win the match

bruno

Negatives

Csaba needed to realise sooner to put a player up with nade in and around the 6 yard box to capitalise on Makalamby fumbles

Nade - hes obviously improved but still not really whats required at all

Captain Scarlett
After watchin Kello a few times this season I think he looks real ropey more often than not .

I think hes really assured at coming for crosses but apart from that hes pretty keek.

kingantti1874

Bruno = brilliant

Nade = tradgedy

maltese jambo
After watchin Kello a few times this season I think he looks real ropey more often than not .

Disagree with that. Think he's been solid in the other matches; give the guy a break.

Charlie-Brown

The positives outweigh the negatives.... that's a positive and a nice change for a wee while at least anyway. :)

Not too many negatives - taking chances yes, guess that's been an issue for a while tho.

Eggert still has a tendency to jump into challenges as he adjusts to right-back but I do think he will come good, he was solid otherwise.

Mac_fae_Gillie

Kello has been a bit ropey but the pitch that end was terrible

not to mention thosee bad early pass backs on a heavy pitch are crazy.

Positive

Team played as a team still great one/twos

nice speed up front everywhere

midfield playing great...

negatives

Defence is a mess,thier goal could have been prevented.as soon as i saw 2 on riorden and 2hobos on the left it was clear one defender had to peel off.

Daft bookings still there,Bruno on a yellow throw the ball away twice on throws/free kicks just pure madness.

jamborleystatto

positives bruno, driver ,good passing, played with fight, negatives i dont rate wallace and am i the only one who thinks berra is flat footed and no where as near as fast as made oot?if nade loast another 18pounds and had a eye for goal hed be ok,aint gonna happen tho,

The White Cockade

positives

Attitude

Attacking display

midfield

link up play

retaining posession

new keeper

Driver/Aguiar were tremendous

negatives

Kello

defence in general

not turning possession into chances/goals

Nade's poor touch in good positions

not playing2 up front

Won't comment on what has already been said but a add few negatives.

Both full-backs are too short for their positions and this makes us susceptible to cross-field diagonal balls. In the first half, we were continually caught out and could have lost more goals had Riordan not been so selfish.

The three midfielders (Kingston, Stewart, and Aguiar) had a bad habit of coming narrow, which meant that at times they were in a vertical line, and one pass took all three out of the game.

The manager needs to work on the players keeping their shape, and I think his use of substitutions betrayed a fear of losing. That said, I too would have settled for a draw beforehand but sensed that the points were there for whoever really wanted them.

I'll give you a positive: we haven't lost there since 2006!

We can give +ves and -ves on this game alone. Zaliukas: a few major lapses!! Kello, nightmare! Other than that.....

Snake Plissken

Positives

Bruno looked good and slots nicely into midfield

Nade put in a good shift

We won the midfield battle

We created enough chances to win the game

Balogh looked decent in his debut

Driver showed just how badly he's been missed

Negatives

Zaliukas - always looks an accident waiting to happen and sure enough it very nearly did

Defence as a whole is still not well organised

Nade's "finish"

2 points lost today

A good performance that just lacked the finishing touches after a nightmare start

Positives

Bruno

Coming back from the early goal to take the first half (if football was scored like boxing, surely we'd have won!)

Great passing

A starting line up that surprised me in a pleasant way

Their goalkeeper

Driver

The fact the game could have ended 5-5

Negatives

Our first choice keeper

Defence for their goal

Zaliukas (Liability. End of.)

Lack of finishing ability in strikers.

The fact the game could have ended 5-5!

Seymour M Hersh
Won't comment on what has already been said but a add few negatives.

Both full-backs are too short for their positions and this makes us susceptible to cross-field diagonal balls. In the first half, we were continually caught out and could have lost more goals had Riordan not been so selfish.

The three midfielders (Kingston, Stewart, and Aguiar) had a bad habit of coming narrow, which meant that at times they were in a vertical line, and one pass took all three out of the game.

The manager needs to work on the players keeping their shape, and I think his use of substitutions betrayed a fear of losing. That said, I too would have settled for a draw beforehand but sensed that the points were there for whoever really wanted them.

Sorry but that's claptrap. Both are on or just over 6 ft.

Nade did well. He just needs a strike partner to feed.

Totally disagree bud.

Nade showed that any impression that he had a decent first touch was put to bed today. As was any impression that he was a striker.

Boy do we need a striker.

Guest juvehearts

kingston in the 1st half.

nade - ffs how many chances do you need?

kello - ill pay for your ticket home.

plusses.

driver back, we missed him,

midfield pair of stewart & bruno.

hibs were there for the taking in the last 10 mins & if we only had a ****ing goal scorer then we'd be away with 3 pts today.

just lucky that hibs are that ****e & bottle it every time they go 1 in front agains us, otherwise with that bombscare in goals we were doomed.

Tyrion Lannister
Bruno = brilliant

Nade = tradgedy

Are you being serious?

Yes I agree, Aguiar was outstanding man of the match.

But not that far behind him for the accolade was Nade. He almost did everything CL could have ever wanted him to do today. He held the ball up, his distribuition once he had held the ball up was spot on. He still has his tricks and skills and is looking a whole lot meaner, slicker and fitter. Yes I concede he missed a golden oppurtunity for us to win the match, but that would of made his performance perfect.

Sorry but that's claptrap. Both are on or just over 6 ft.

I'm not sure that it is 'claptrap'; I just think that neither player is physically strong enough (arguably tall enough) to dominate in the air.

The Mighty Thor

Positives

Bruno. Absolutely superb for a man that hasn't played for that length of time.

Our spirit. We fought back really well and in reality should have cuffed that shower despite their 'amazing' 3 man frontline.

Negatives

Kingston. What a comedian. Surely today has put to bed the debate that this guy is a talented footballer. it took him 39 minutes to find a hearts player with a pass.

Nade. He's not a target man. He's not a link up man. What is he? Not what we need is what he is.

Zaliukus. On the edge of mayhem every game he plays. He's a very very weak link in our shaky defence.

Kello. His 'injury' did him a favour as he was heading for the kind of calamity in a derby that never gets forgotten.

the massive positave has to be aguiar. driver was also superb. karipidis did well.

negatives have to be stewart (barely in the game), wallace (ropey), jonsson (posted missing in a big way at times).

the massive positave has to be aguiar. driver was also superb. karipidis did well.

negatives have to be stewart (barely in the game), wallace (ropey), jonsson (posted missing in a big way at times).

I assume you mean APART from his awful attempt at a tackle that gave Hibs the ball on the edge of the box after a minute?

How can people say that its a positive that we won the midfield, but then complain that we had only one up front?

Thought we played well today - created as many, if not more, chances as they did with three up front.

I assume you mean APART from his awful attempt at a tackle that gave Hibs the ball on the edge of the box after a minute?

every player made mistake, but overall karipidis played a blinder.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Positives....10 outfield players fighting for the cause.

Aguiar 1st class..Driver 1st class.

A dangerous and brave gameplan by Csaba that nearly came off.

Negatives...I wasnt at the game...Zaliukas needs a kick up the chorus for trying to give away the game at the end.

Major Negatives...VI was too peshed to see the game judging by his comments.

every player made mistake, but overall karipidis played a blinder.

I fail to see how the player that was the main reason that Hibs scored could be labelled as having "a blinder".

Far more positives than negatives. But one that we could work on would be our throw ins. Eggert obviously doesn't have much experience taking throws but both him and Wallace (and the supporting players) put us under pressure due to poor throws.

Positives....10 outfield players fighting for the cause.

Aguiar 1st class..Driver 1st class.

A dangerous and brave gameplan by Csaba that nearly came off.

Negatives...I wasnt at the game...Zaliukas needs a kick up the chorus for trying to give away the game at the end.

Major Negatives...VI was too peshed to see the game judging by his comments.

heh heh!! how's it going fella? what a rollercoaster that was.

I fail to see how the player that was the main reason that Hibs scored could be labelled as having "a blinder".

sorry but you are so wrong. the reason hibs scored was that jonsson threw a ****t* throw in to zali which then got played back to kello, who had to heef it out. hibs then went straight up and scored.

Awrite guys.

Positives:

We didnt crumble after we lost a very early goal.

We took the game to the hobos

Played as a team today

Fought hard

Passed the ball excellently Possession play was good

Aguiar - man of tha match by a country mile and not just because of his cracking free kick

Driver - Skinned every hobo that went near him today he was immense

Balogh - Brilliant save at the end looks competant as well

Negatives:

Kellos kicking

Zali bombscare

Badly need a good striker a penalty box man

Defence needs sorting

Positive was that I enjoyed it and we were the better team.

Negative was my immense disappointment in Kingston and also the fact that I can't make the Aberdeen match next week as Mrs McL and I are having a weekend in Newcastle. :(

Tiberius Stinkfinger
heh heh!! how's it going fella? what a rollercoaster that was.

Good day Bro.

That was a cracking game and a spirited performance by the side IMO.

They aint half set themselves up for some well deserved ssshhtick if they dont start putting in performances like that most weeks..Especially at home.

You better be saving up for next Saturday Auld bones cos LF is in toon !!!

Honestly some of the opinions on this board are ridiculous. Yes Nade missed a good chance but he is our best option up front and gave the best lone striker performance we have seen this season. He occupied both centre halfs and gave us a good platform to build from.

I also notice hes gettin stick from a poster who has said Aguiar can't pass and Driver can't deliver - honestly BH open your eyes.

Today Hearts got there best players on the pitch and we created more than we have in any other game this season - well done Csaba and well done Hearts we must build on this. In particular Jonsson, Bruno and Driver were great with Nade and Karipidis also doing a good job.

It really is simple get Stewart and Aguiar in the team and feed Driver and Larry (who still has to do more) and we can be dangerous. We must pair Glen with Nade against the weaker teams in the league though. Also no Miko and for the first time in along time we had some good moves with good patient build up, coincedemce - No.

Honestly some of the opinions on this board are ridiculous. Yes Nade missed a good chance but he is our best option up front and gave the best lone striker performance we have seen this season. He occupied both centre halfs and gave us a good platform to build from.

I also notice hes gettin stick from a poster who has said Aguiar can't pass and Driver can't deliver - honestly BH open your eyes.

Today Hearts got there best players on the pitch and we created more than we have in any other game this season - well done Csaba and well done Hearts we must build on this. In particular Jonsson, Bruno and Driver were great with Nade and Karipidis also doing a good job.

It really is simple get Stewart and Aguiar in the team and feed Driver and Larry (who still has to do more) and we can be dangerous. We must pair Glen with Nade against the weaker teams in the league though. Also no Miko and for the first time in along time we had some good moves with good patient build up, coincedemce - No.

I also thought Nade did well.

I was quite pleased when I left the stadium and worried that this might not be an appropriate emotional response to a draw with the Leithers so I tried really hard to think of some apt criticism....but I just couldn't. Yes, there were one or two hairy moments and a couple of the players made mistakes...but I don't honestly remember watching any SPL game where that hasn't been the case.

We demanded effort, we got it. We demanded team spirit and a hard working performance; we got that too. We insisted that Csaba got the tactics right and he did just that. What's more, we were quite nice to watch...even despite the game moving at about 400mph from start to finish.

Lots of positives today....and for me, the negatives are insignificant in comparison. Nade fluffed a good goalscoring opportunity (after he'd already had one chalked off unnecessarily) but other than that, he did a good job of keeping their defence occupied. Zal screwed up but he's been improving so much of late that I couldn't possibly dwell on it. It's far more interesting to wonder what sort of progress can now be made with Aguiar back and in great form....and to just be delighted that Driver is back. He really was missed.

I think they all deserve a pat on the back today. Even Larry. :)

Awrite guys.

Positives:

Played as a team today

Fought hard

Aguiar - man of tha match by a country mile and not just because of his cracking free kick

Negatives:

Kellos kicking

Zali bombscare

Defence needs sorting

fantastic to see all the players playing for the jersey mate. that makes me immensely proud and hopeful.

will it continue?

??????

Good day Bro.

That was a cracking game and a spirited performance by the side IMO.

They aint half set themselves up for some well deserved ssshhtick if they dont start putting in performances like that most weeks..Especially at home.

You better be saving up for next Saturday Auld bones cos LF is in toon !!!

i might even buy you 2 beers after that mate.

:(

Guest jambomickey

far more positives than negatives for me! great to see aguiar back and being influential, driver was grerat as was balogh in the second half, kingston is a lazy bastad and zaliukas the bomb scare almost cost us

fantastic to see all the players playing for the jersey mate. that makes me immensely proud and hopeful.

will it continue?

??????

Lets hope so bud, being up for a derby is one thing but they have to fight like that every week and put in that same commitment. Very impressed with the team today. If we can play like that each week and get a proven goalscorer in the team we would take some beating.

Positives where bruno aguiar having a good game a getting a goal and nade doing a decent job on his lonesome.

Negatives where only having nade up there on his lonesome. Kingston half the player he was and kello looking like he'd never played a game before.

Awrite guys.

Positives:

Played as a team today

Fought hard

Negatives:

Kellos kicking

Zali bombscare

Defence needs sorting

You've saved me a lot typing!:) Couldn't agree more.:thumb:

We controlled the game from the 2nd minute.

If we had taken one of our many chances the best team would have won.

Aguiar was immense.

Controlled , assured and clever........

Everything Mickey Stewart isnt... was he playing today??

Overall apart from putting the ball in the net more it was a great display.

Best team performance this season so far.

:)

Vic offering to buy beers??????? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I'll be there camera in hand as well.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Now i know its been an emotional efternoon but there is no point in wasting your whole pension in 1 session.

I will quite happily accept and savour the 1 beer.

We controlled the game from the 2nd minute.

If we had taken one of our many chances the best team would have won.

Aguiar was immense.

Controlled , assured and clever........

Everything Mickey Stewart isnt... was he playing today??

Overall apart from putting the ball in the net more it was a great display.

Best team performance this season so far.

:)

To be fair to Stewart the Hobos marked him out the game and dint allow him a second on the ball, I think they saw him as the main threat and by concentrating on him this allowed Aguiar the space and freedom he got

Archived