Just what you need on derby day...[MERGED NOTW THREADS]

redm

Chad Sexington
Link?!

Does he look anything like this -

nerd.jpg

Arf.

Naw, he's going more for this kind of vibe..

6530860_NerdGlasses_200.jpg

He's seriously cool.

He's even got 3 lady friends on his profile.

I don't think he's ever met them though. :rolleyes:

winston churchill
It's about the 10th time he has used the picture.

One things for sure, if we win you will NOT see HoG for weeks. FACT.

i don't think he's an under cover hobo:rolleyes:

Chad Sexington
i don't think he's an under cover hobo:rolleyes:

I wish I still had the link to that profile.

I'm sure someone must have it.

Then we can all request to be his friend.

:)

I wish I still had the link to that profile.

I'm sure someone must have it.

Then we can all request to be his friend.

I'm sure you have all the friends you need. Probably why you're on here ALL the time ;) Or iz dat coz your the bestest Hearts fan? :)

winston churchill
I'm sure you have all the friends you need. Probably why you're on here ALL the time ;) Or iz dat coz your the bestest Hearts fan? :)

talking about being on here all the time.

i wonder how many posts you have between here and lala land.net

talking about being on here all the time.

i wonder how many posts you have between here and lala land.net

Oh millions, gazillions in fact!

P.S. Montel rulez :eek:

No mention of Romanov but some background information from a real paper

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/e20134b6-9bcf-11dd-ae76-000077b07658.html

So what I can gather (from a quick glance), is that this boy tries to get a foothold in places Russia seek to exploit. Something goes wrong or someone stands up to him, he spits the dummy and sues to get his own way. Basically, he comes across as a bit of a bully.

Chad Sexington

What a strange thing to say.

Is that the best you can come up with? Really? :sad:

"You're on here all the time"?

Lame.

Still living at your parents?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

How can you say that when you have nearly 4,000 posts?!

winston churchill
What a strange thing to say.

Is that the best you can come up with? Really? :sad:

"You're on here all the time"?

Lame.

Still living at your parents?

more like fat mikeys FAG

"Unjust enrichment" is part of the bumph accompanying the charge. Surely that would cover ALL the barstewards who enriched themselves after the winding up of the Soviet Union?

Do people actually think the press want to disrupt Hearts before a game with Hibs?

Astonishing.

Whether there is any truth in any newspaper story, its beyond delusion that the press has a campaign against Hearts to the extent they want to put us off our stride against "provincial" teams

Do people actually think the press want to disrupt Hearts before a game with Hibs?

Astonishing.

Whether there is any truth in any newspaper story, its beyond delusion that the press has a campaign against Hearts to the extent they want to put us off our stride against "provincial" teams

Was thinking the same myself actually! The press (not sports press) are trying to disrupt us before a game!?

The reason this tale has emerged months late is that the verdict of the Milwaukee judge Lynn Adelman (issued in April) is considered a landmark ruling on the issue of "Forum Non Conveniens", so it has now been published on LEGAL websites in the USA.

Basically, the "Lithuanian defendants" wanted the case thrown out because it wasn't "convenient" for them to appear in a US court.

The judge said the fact the case involved a US-registered company meant it should be heard.

Incidentally, the fact that Deripaska was suing Romanov was publicised in Lithuania last year.

At the time, Romanov joked along the lines of: "It's not like 12 years ago when you could be shot. Now we do things the civilised way."

But -- and it's a big BUT -- Vlad claimed the case involved a dispute over ownership of an aluminium refinery in Mostar, Bosnia.

He didn't "fess up" to being sued for fraud.

I think the big embarrassment for him here is the revelation that he allegedly uses US-registered "shelf companies" to avoid responsibility for dodgy deals.

Does a Delaware-based firm (I think it's Inergo LLC) not own a sizeable chunk of UBIG?

There could be a lot more nasty surprises to come, I fear. :sad:

The reason this tale has emerged months late is that the verdict of the Milwaukee judge Lynn Adelman (issued in April) is considered a landmark ruling on the issue of "Forum Non Conveniens", so it has now been published on LEGAL websites in the USA.

Basically, the "Lithuanian defendants" wanted the case thrown out because it wasn't "convenient" for them to appear in a US court.

The judge said the fact the case involved a US-registered company meant it should be heard.

Incidentally, the fact that Deripaska was suing Romanov was publicised in Lithuania last year.

At the time, Romanov joked along the lines of: "It's not like 12 years ago when you could be shot. Now we do things the civilised way."

But -- and it's a big BUT -- Vlad claimed the case involved a dispute over ownership of an aluminium refinery in Mostar, Bosnia.

He didn't "fess up" to being sued for fraud.

I think the big embarrassment for him here is the revelation that he allegedly uses US-registered "shelf companies" to avoid responsibility for dodgy deals.

Does a Delaware-based firm (I think it's Inergo LLC) not own a sizeable chunk of UBIG?

There could be a lot more nasty surprises to come, I fear. :sad:

First, a quick review of the docket reveals that the case is effectovely closed (as of august 25) to allow the parties to finalize settlement papers. The case could be reopened, but it appears that settlement talks are at a very advanced stage. Thus, no recent developments merit the sensationalist wording or timing of the story.

Second, the complaint, though alleging misprepresentation and fraud, largely sounds in breach of contract. In fact, its really a garden variety breach of contract claim that is routinely filed in courts in the US every day with the usual fraud and unjust enrichment claims thrown in, as any competent trial lawyer would do.

Third, while the forum non conveniens defense was rejected (hardly landmark) the judge also granted portions of the defendants motion to dismiss (a procedural mechanism under which a defendant can seek dismissal on the basis of there being no way--even assuming the truth of all the facts alleged--that defendants could be found liable. The fraud claim was dismissed, the misrepresentation claim was allowed to continue, which is not surprising. Misprepresntation claims are extraordinarily difficult to get rid of via a motion to dismiss.

In all likelihood, even if this case is reopened, it will be dismissed on the basis of lack of personal jurisdiction over the defendants. The court has permitted the plaintiffs to tak? jurisidcitional discovery (ie, seek documents to show that the defendants controlled the US company to such a degree that the company was the alter ego of the defendants for jurisdictional purposes) but its not easy to show this.

In short, i really dont see how a deficient complaint largely alleging breach of contract that will likely be settled shortly is newsworthy in any way at all.

Well played, Signor Petrocelli. :P

You'll make a fine lawyer, but you have no future as a tabloid journalist in Scotland. Don'tcha know that ANYTHING Romanov does is news? ;)

Oleg Deripaska is also hitting the headlines these days, thanks to his links to Peter Mandelson and John McCain.

The interesting bit for me here is the involvement of the shelf company.

Plus the fact that Vlad has annoyed the world's most powerful aluminium magnate at a time when his Birac refinery in Bosnia is going tits-up.

Anyhow, it's back tae the fitba noo . . . :)

If anyone wants a bit of light reading, you can see the case papers in a handy pdf format by clicking here:

http://links.cecollect.com/308/9172/Rual%20Trade%20v.%20Viva%20Trade.pdf

Seems like old Oleg might be on a hiding to nothing with this thanks to some handy jurisdictional and arbitration issues. Funny, you'd think the NOTW might have included that bit in their report....

What is more interesting is this Deripaska fella...he sounds like he could be the dodgiest scamster in Russia and has fingers in a wide variety of pies. Right now he's apparently having some serious financial problems and has handed over more than ?1bn of his own assets just to get the creditors off his back. He also has a good number of disgruntled business associates who are taking him to court, including some bloke called Michael Cherney who thinks he's owed ?3bn! :eek:

Which is all a bit weird because until fairly recently he was also thought to be interested in investing in Arsenal and West Brom...He's also chummy with Abramovich...or at least, he used to be....

And there's also this....

http://www.balticbusinessnews.com/Default2.aspx?ArticleID=21c1f068-fa59-45bd-b9f6-b7f288e95441

It reads as if it's referring to the court case mentioned by the NOTW but then goes on about some bidding fight Vlad and Oleg were having over an aluminium plant in Mostar. No idea what that's about but sounds like Vlad and him probably don't like each other all that much.

But, what will it all mean for our soccer franchise?

Just as aside - another interesting (non Romanov) story on our man Deripaska

Interesting mostly to see just how high smear campaigns feature in the lives of these guys.

Coincidence, surely not?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/oct/19/russia-leeds-united-deripaska

They're all at it. What a bunch of crazies these oligarch types are....quite interesting though...

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/10-11-2008/0004902220&EDATE=

http://www.sptimes.ru/index.php?action_id=2&story_id=22548

http://www.sptimes.ru/index.php?action_id=2&story_id=24883

http://www.sptimes.ru/index.php?action_id=2&story_id=27297

Haven't managed to translate this yet but it features Vlad's name and a pic of a suitcase stuffed with cash. :biggrin:

http://www.novireporter.com/look/reporter/nr_article.tpl?IdLanguage=11&IdPublication=2&NrIssue=225&NrSection=6&NrArticle=2709

The ****'s starting to hit the fan for all of them, it seems. What was that about how much of Abramovich's wealth was lost the other week: ?1.5 bn or something, wasn't it? With friends like these... :eek:

The ****'s starting to hit the fan for all of them, it seems. What was that about how much of Abramovich's wealth was lost the other week: ?1.5 bn or something, wasn't it? With friends like these... :eek:

It's a different world and then some. They're chummy one day and the next they're off to court to sue their ex-pal for billions of quids or doing a sneaky and stealing companies from each other.

http://www.bookrags.com/wiki/Business_oligarch

It's quite interesting stuff though....

It's a different world and then some. They're chummy one day and the next they're off to court to sue their ex-pal for billions of quids or doing a sneaky and stealing companies from each other.

http://www.bookrags.com/wiki/Business_oligarch

It's quite interesting stuff though....

It's like the Wild West I guess. Only the strongest survive; and only those enjoying political favour prosper.

Yeah Well Fine Then
It's like the Wild West I guess. Only the strongest survive; and only those enjoying political favour prosper.

I have been reading this forum for quite a while now....

Many years in fact.

I have been here, well, a long time.

Long enough to have read some of your posts.

I thought you had left?

You......What's Fluctuated Then?

I have been reading this forum for quite a while now....

Many years in fact.

I have been here, well, a long time.

Long enough to have read some of your posts.

I thought you had left?

You......What's Fluctuated Then?

I did - because I behaved like a total numbnut, for which I'm very sorry. Meanwhile, I know you've been on here a long time: how come you've only got two posts on your count though? :confused:

If political favour doesn't get you where you need to be, apparently you just buy all the influential media organisations and control news and dissemination of information instead. Genius. Dictators with Rolex watches and Bentleys...they're just making tyranny a bit more jazzy. :)

The current must have item is a pulp/paper factory apparently. Aluminium is just so last season.

Yeah Well Fine Then
I did - because I behaved like a total numbnut, for which I'm very sorry. Meanwhile, I know you've been on here a long time: how come you've only got two posts on your count though? :confused:

I'm glad you're sorry because liking Hibs is not very cool.

I'm also glad you're back.

I was like you, I left for a while.

I left for a couple of years.

I haven't had anything to say for quite a while.

I've regained my voice and no longer have a frog in my throat.

Yippeee! Windpipe's Free Thankfully

Archived