Just what you need on derby day...[MERGED NOTW THREADS]

redm

:rolleyes:

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/scottish/scottish_news/article48416.ece

HEARTS owner Vladimir Romanov is being sued by Russia's richest man ? over an alleged ?7million fraud.

Tycoon Oleg Deripaska claims one of his firms was cheated out of the cash by Vlad and son Roman.

The metals tycoon, who is worth ?17billion, has taken his case to a court in the USA.

His lawyers claim Romanov, in his role as the owner of an aluminium ore plant in Bosnia, agreed three big-money deals with Rual, a subsidiary of Deripaska's massive Basic Elements empire.

But the Lithuanian, 61, failed to deliver ? then declared the contracts belonged to a US-based company he had nothing to do with.

Deripaska ? a close pal of Russian leader Vladimir Putin ? has been chasing his money for FOUR YEARS.

News of the dispute comes only a month after Hearts players went unpaid for a week after what the club said was an administrative problem.

Last night a football insider said SPL chiefs will monitor the situation.

He added: "To hear that Romanov is being sued by such a powerful man is alarming. We are concerned what impact this will have on Hearts."

Deripaska, 40, sued the Romanovs in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

Court papers seen by the News Of The World give details of the alleged fraud.

Rual claim that after talks with Vlad in Lithuania they agreed to buy ore from his Bosnian refinery, pay for repairs at it and also provide a loan.

In each case, the Hearts chief then insisted that Rual sign the deals with Viva Trade, a Wisconsin-based firm.

It is alleged that his son Roman, 32, signed on behalf of Viva Trade.

But Deripaska's firm say the ore wasn't delivered, repairs were not carried out and the loan wasn't repaid.

Yet when they asked Romanov to pay up, he told them they'd have to sue Viva Trade, which was owned by a Lithuanian called Eduard Mitelman. No one has been able to trace him.

In their US court action, Rual said Viva was bought by a director of Romanov's Ukio Bankas and Vlad had effectively owned and controlled it.

They sued the Romanovs for breach of contract and "unjust enrichment" to the tune of around ?7million.

In August, both groups were urged to settle the cross-borders dispute out of court. But this week it emerged that NO settlement has been reached.

Deripaska emerged as Russia's top aluminium tycoon in the 1990s after a brutal trade "war" in which dozens of executives were assassinated. He was last week linked to new UK Business Secretary Peter Mandelson.

Last night a spokesman for Deripaska's firm said: "We don't want to talk about this commercial dispute."

Romanov's spokesman was not available for comment.

Who gives 10 pales of pesh what any paper has to right about the owner / president / eh Vlad!!!!!!!

The fact is that we have the most important game of the season ahead of us today and yet again certain regements of the press are doing their most to try and unsettle the hearts fans.

WHO GIVES A FEK WAT THE NOTW HAS TO SAY ABOUT A SUBJECT THAT HAS FEK ALL TO DO WITH HMFC.

VLAD IS VLAD HIS PERSONAL ISSUES AREE FEK ALL TO DO WITH US.

We focus on today at being the bad guy

They are a bunch of fekin a-holes

you know why

they dont have the guts to be wat u want to be

you need people like us

so u can point your fingers and say theres the bad guys

so wat does that make you.....

Good????

your not good....

you just know how to hide or lie....

me, i dont have that party....

Me i always tell the truth even when i lie...

SO SAY GOODNIGHT TO THE BAD GUY!!!!!

Stuff the Hibs,

Stuff Mixu,

Feed Riorden to the sheep garazing near Gilmerton,

Tonight i dine on stella and wake up with a sare heed.

I watch the game on the tv whilst wearing the away strip my wife bought me for our first anniversay,

Yes thats the best wife ever and the best present ever,

Tonight im ****ed and as always a jambo,

Tomorrow i wake up a jambo and envy each and everyone of u going to the game .

i venture upto Aberdeen the morrow driving the Retimed 1950 train.

enjoy and take on the words i stole from scar face!

Newspaper prints story on eve of derby day -- shock !!

From the story it could have been written months ago as dispute has been going on for at least that amount of time but of course it comes out now -- wonder why :rolleyes:

If the guy mentioned is that rich maybe Vlad will sell to him -- he only has a few billion in the bank :eek:

Now that would be ironic for the press if it happened.

so this was obviously the big news we've been hearing about.

Par for the course i'd say.

Our owner is a ****er in every walk of life. Just unfortunate for us that he owns our football club.

Zzzzzzzz another NOTW exclusive!! the romaovs are getting sued. here's a copy of the story so you don't have to give them a hit on the site. FTH

HEARTS owner Vladimir Romanov is being sued by Russia?s richest man ? over an alleged ?7million fraud.

Tycoon Oleg Deripaska claims one of his firms was cheated out of the cash by Vlad and son Roman.

The metals tycoon, who is worth ?17billion, has taken his case to a court in the USA.

His lawyers claim Romanov, in his role as the owner of an aluminium ore plant in Bosnia, agreed three big-money deals with Rual, a subsidiary of Deripaska?s massive Basic Elements empire.

But the Lithuanian, 61, failed to deliver ? then declared the contracts belonged to a US-based company he had nothing to do with.

Deripaska ? a close pal of Russian leader Vladimir Putin ? has been chasing his money for FOUR YEARS.

News of the dispute comes only a month after Hearts players went unpaid for a week after what the club said was an administrative problem.

He added: ?To hear that Romanov is being sued by such a powerful man is alarming. We are concerned what impact this will have on Hearts.?

Rual claim that after talks with Vlad in Lithuania they agreed to buy ore from his Bosnian refinery, pay for repairs at it and also provide a loan.

In each case, the Hearts chief then insisted that Rual sign the deals with Viva Trade, a Wisconsin-based firm.

But Deripaska?s firm say the ore wasn?t delivered, repairs were not carried out and the loan wasn?t repaid.

Yet when they asked Romanov to pay up, he told them they?d have to sue Viva Trade, which was owned by a Lithuanian called Eduard Mitelman. No one has been able to trace him.

In their US court action, Rual said Viva was bought by a director of Romanov?s Ukio Bankas and Vlad had effectively owned and controlled it.

They sued the Romanovs for breach of contract and ?unjust enrichment? to the tune of around ?7million.

In August, both groups were urged to settle the cross-borders dispute out of court. But this week it emerged that NO settlement has been reached.

Deripaska emerged as Russia?s top aluminium tycoon in the 1990s after a brutal trade ?war? in which dozens of executives were assassinated. He was last week linked to new UK Business Secretary Peter Mandelson.

Last night a spokesman for Deripaska?s firm said: ?We don?t want to talk about this commercial dispute.?

Romanov?s spokesman was not available for comment.

The SPL will monitor the situation?

WTF?

Yea said a "sports insider", Another accurate quote from someone that probably has eff all to do with the SPL! Quality journalism! Only 1 word to say to that - source?? :rolleyes:

Who gives 10 pales of pesh what any paper has to right about the owner / president / eh Vlad!!!!!!!

The fact is that we have the most important game of the season ahead of us today and yet again certain regements of the press are doing their most to try and unsettle the hearts fans.

WHO GIVES A FEK WAT THE NOTW HAS TO SAY ABOUT A SUBJECT THAT HAS FEK ALL TO DO WITH HMFC.

VLAD IS VLAD HIS PERSONAL ISSUES AREE FEK ALL TO DO WITH US.

We focus on today at being the bad guy

They are a bunch of fekin a-holes

you know why

they dont have the guts to be wat u want to be

you need people like us

so u can point your fingers and say theres the bad guys

so wat does that make you.....

Good????

your not good....

you just know how to hide or lie....

me, i dont have that party....

Me i always tell the truth even when i lie...

SO SAY GOODNIGHT TO THE BAD GUY!!!!!

Stuff the Hibs,

Stuff Mixu,

Feed Riorden to the sheep garazing near Gilmerton,

Tonight i dine on stella and wake up with a sare heed.

I watch the game on the tv whilst wearing the away strip my wife bought me for our first anniversay,

Yes thats the best wife ever and the best present ever,

Tonight im ****ed and as always a jambo,

Tomorrow i wake up a jambo and envy each and everyone of u going to the game .

i venture upto Aberdeen the morrow driving the Retimed 1950 train.

enjoy and take on the words i stole from scar face!

I hope your sober for that then. :eek:

Yea said a "sports insider", Another accurate quote from someone that probably has eff all to do with the SPL! Quality journalism! Only 1 word to say to that - source?? :rolleyes:

It is a really bizarre thing to say. VR has many business interests, somebody claims that he has dyked them, and (by not paying) VR disagrees. Because of that the SPL will monitor it? Do we think that any possible issue with a business that Desmond or Murray is involved in is scrutinised by the SPL? Not a chance.

This is nothing to do with Hearts and in turn nothing to do with the SPL.

Guest GhostHunter

And, Sec 9(1) of the Arbitration Act...

Section 9. Award of arbitrators; confirmation; jurisdiction; procedure

If the parties in their agreement have agreed that a judgment of the

court shall be entered upon the award made pursuant to the arbitration,

and shall specify the court, then at any time within one year after the

award is made any party to the arbitration may apply to the court so

specified for an order confirming the award, and thereupon the court

must grant such an order unless the award is vacated, modified, or

corrected as prescribed in sections 10 and 11 of this title. If no court

is specified in the agreement of the parties, then such application may

be made to the United States court in and for the district within which

such award was made. Notice of the application shall be served upon the

adverse party, and thereupon the court shall have jurisdiction of such

party as though he had appeared generally in the proceeding. If the

adverse party is a resident of the district within which the award was

made, such service shall be made upon the adverse party or his attorney

as prescribed by law for service of notice of motion in an action in the

same court. If the adverse party shall be a nonresident, then the notice

of the application shall be served by the marshal of any district within

which the adverse party may be found in like manner as other process of

the court.

portobellojambo1
Charlie-Brown
It is a really bizarre thing to say. VR has many business interests, somebody claims that he has dyked them, and (by not paying) VR disagrees. Because of that the SPL will monitor it? Do we think that any possible issue with a business that Desmond or Murray is involved in is scrutinised by the SPL? Not a chance.

This is nothing to do with Hearts and in turn nothing to do with the SPL.

It is probably just sloppy (or possibly malicious) journalism BH, Lex Gold or whichever SPL insider probably said something general along the lines of we will monitor the situation of one of our clubs (as they are obliged to do for all their member clubs) ... I doubt it was specific to this 'news' article but more generally concerning persistent rumors of financial difficulties at Hearts ... but this journo has included it in this article for dramatic effect and used the words out of context .... we see examples of this crap every day, B.Anderson big saturday exclusive being another instance.

A load of toleys printed pure and simply to try and disrupt our preparations for today's game. Lets's face it, businesses are always suing eachother - nobody cares.

If they had any brains they'd have ran with the Den Mothers story. Now THAT would have got a reaction.

Fuds.

The SPL will monitor the situation?

WTF?

That just means they'll buy a copy of the NOTW & have a read.

That's it then.......from henceforth Vladimir, Roman and UBIG shall collectively be referred to as the

:cool:“Lithuanian defendants”:cool:

:eek::eek::eek:

(seems a lot cooler than the 'Usual Suspects' ??)

alasdairborthwick

They couldn't even get their facts right in the Headline

I notice the headline says Vlad is being sued for ?7,000,000 but it the case in in america and is actually for $7,000,000. By my reckoning that is only ?3,500,000.

But then that would sound quite as interesting would it.

I don't post much, but Eduard Mittelman?

They must have a random-exclusive story generating program where they stick in some half-truth and it does the work for them...

:)

Knicksen

Surely, rather than *****ing around with lawsuits etc, the richest man in Russia could have hired someone to go buy Vlad a drink in a wine bar somewhere.

Have nothing to say on the case mentioned, but in times when the economic party stops many things get revealed. Easy money and liquidity can hide many problems until that easy money disappears.

When the tide goes out, you see who's been swimming naked.

Has VR been swimming naked? :eek:

Jambof3tornado

I am surprised the headline wasnt "HEARTS OWNER IN PUPPY EATING HORROR!!"

Honestly,it amazes me that some jambos still get bothered about what the rags print prior to any of our big games,its been going on for years,and more often that not is totally laughable!!

FTH:107years:

Surely, rather than *****ing around with lawsuits etc, the richest man in Russia could have hired someone to go buy Vlad a drink in a wine bar somewhere.

Polonium in your tea Mr Romanov ?

Peter Mandelson has just had a grilling about his links with Vlad's nemesis, Oleg Deripaska on The Andrew Marr Show.

No mention of Vlad though.

News of the World :rolleyes:

HEARTS owner Vladimir Romanov is being sued by Russia?s richest man ? over an alleged ?7million fraud.

His lawyers claim Romanov, in his role as the owner of an aluminium ore plant in Bosnia, agreed three big-money deals with Rual, a subsidiary of Deripaska?s massive Basic Elements empire.

He added: ?To hear that Romanov is being sued by such a powerful man is alarming. We are concerned what impact this will have on Hearts.?

But Deripaska?s firm say the ore wasn?t delivered, repairs were not carried out and the loan wasn?t repaid.

Yet when they asked Romanov to pay up, he told them they?d have to sue Viva Trade, which was owned by a Lithuanian called Eduard Mitelman. No one has been able to trace him.

In their US court action, Rual said Viva was bought by a director of Romanov?s Ukio Bankas and Vlad had effectively owned and controlled it.

They sued the Romanovs for breach of contract and ?unjust enrichment? to the tune of around ?7million.

Deripaska emerged as Russia?s top aluminium tycoon in the 1990s after a brutal trade ?war? in which dozens of executives were assassinated. He was last week linked to new UK Business Secretary Peter Mandelson.

Last night a spokesman for Deripaska?s firm said: ?We don?t want to talk about this commercial dispute.?

Romanov?s spokesman was not available for comment.

Hmm

Filed in Nov 2007

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/court-wiedce/case_no-2:2007cv01015/case_id-45161/

Curious it "appears" today.....

And what about this one:

U.S., U.K. Probes of Industrialist Focus on Transfer of Funds; He Also Has Business Setback, Ceding Stake in German Firm

by Glenn R. Simpson and Susan Schmidt

Wall Street Journal, October 9, 2008

Russian billionaire Oleg Deripaska, whose business is facing a squeeze amid the credit crisis, also is under investigation by U.S. and U.K. authorities in connection with a $57.5 million wire transfer last year, according to people familiar with the matter.

Separately, in a second recent blow to his industrial empire, Mr. Deripaska is ceding a stake in a German construction company, Hochtief. Just a week ago, his holding company, Basic Element, gave up a 20% stake in Canadian auto-parts maker Magna International Inc.

In a third development, the Bush administration is putting Russian economic interests under greater scrutiny, partly in response to Russia's August invasion of Georgia. Among other things, the U.S. is stepping up its reviews of Russian investments and of visa applications by Russian businessmen suspected of criminal ties.

http://virtualcollector.blogspot.com/2008/10/russias-deripaska-faces-western.html

I find it funny how this issue which is completely unconnected to Hmfc and is a commercial dispute between massive financial companies which have no bearing on your average notw reader gets so much attention.

A few months ago John Boyle's company goes bust leaving thousands of His customers up sheeeite creek and hundreds unemployed and not once did most of the articles mention Motherwell football club or even the fact that he had done this before also leaving Hundreds of creditors up sheeite creek.

They just love it when it's a chance to have a dig at Hearts

It's just a minor technical glitch. Everything's fine! Romanov's set up a meeting in Tesco's car park for midnight tonight where all debt will be repaid in used bank notes and a stash of second hand TV's! ;)

vladoh1.jpg

It's just a minor technical glitch. Everything's fine! Romanov's set up a meeting in Tesco's car park for midnight tonight where all debt will be repaid in used bank notes and a stash of second hand TV's! ;)

vladoh1.jpg

Wow, you get funnier by the day. That's truly hillarious :rolleyes:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

It's about the 10th time he has used the picture.

One things for sure, if we win you will NOT see HoG for weeks. FACT.

Nucky Thompson
It was maybe funny the first 5 times he posted the picture:rolleyes: He's making sure nobody misses his 'joke':hobofish:

Oh thanks. I drawd it myself. Oh wait, the internationally feared 'roll eye' smilie :eek:... Your having me on, aren't you? :sad:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article4926572.ece

Deripaska, 40, studied quantum physics at university. He was the manager of a Siberian aluminium plant at only 25 and rose into the ranks of the super-rich from this highly lucrative post-Soviet industry. During the dangerous 1990s, there was gang warfare for control of aluminium smelters in Siberia, and one of Deripaska?s associates was badly injured.

A ruthless business ethic combined with a knack for cultivating political contacts ? he married into the family of Boris Yeltsin, the former Russian president ? saw him emerge victorious from the aluminium wars. Roman Abramovich, the owner of Chelsea football club, was one of his partners and is still a friend. But his most powerful ally is the prime minister, Vladimir Putin, although this relationship is likely to be tested if Rusal, as has been reported, requires state funds to get it through the credit crisis. The tycoon has been badly hit by the credit crunch, liquidating assets for cash.

Deripaska has worked vigorously to protect his reputation, robustly denying reports in the American press of suspicions of illegal activities in his early business career. His entry visa to America was revoked last year for unspecified reasons. He has blamed the decision on bureaucracy.

Dermot Desmond was involved in a court case in 2004. As far as I can remember it was reported only on the business pages. Certainly my web search produced several newspaper stories but all were from London or Dublin papers, with none from Scottish papers and none from tabloids. There was no suggestion that the SPL were monitoring the situation.

Dermot Desmond, the Irish billionaire who owns stakes in Manchester United and Celtic football clubs, has dramatically settled a multi-million pound legal dispute with David Morrison, his former employee and star hedge fund manager, on the steps of the courtroom.

Dermot Desmond, the Irish billionaire who owns stakes in Manchester United and Celtic football clubs, has dramatically settled a multi-million pound legal dispute with David Morrison, his former employee and star hedge fund manager, on the steps of the courtroom.

The pair were set to clash at the High Court in London as soon as next week, bringing to a climax one of the most bizarre and colourful soap operas the hedge fund industry has ever witnessed, matching up two of the UK's biggest and best-known investors.

The terms of the settlement are not known, and neither side would comment, other than to confirm that, alas, the circus the City had been waiting for would not be taking place.

Full story from the Independent

Dermot Desmond was involved in a court case in 2004. As far as I can remember it was reported only on the business pages. Certainly my web search produced several newspaper stories but all were from London or Dublin papers, with none from Scottish papers and none from tabloids. There was no suggestion that the SPL were monitoring the situation.

The pair were set to clash at the High Court in London as soon as next week, bringing to a climax one of the most bizarre and colourful soap operas the hedge fund industry has ever witnessed, matching up two of the UK's biggest and best-known investors.

The terms of the settlement are not known, and neither side would comment, other than to confirm that, alas, the circus the City had been waiting for would not be taking place.

Full story from the Independent

The difference is that you've found a four-year-old story involving a shareholder in one of the 11 other clubs, whereas with us it's 11 different stories about the way our owner does business.

I really have no idea what the future holds for us.

Chad Sexington

vladoh1.jpg

I haven't laughed so much since I saw your MySpace profile.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
I haven't laughed so much since I saw your MySpace profile.

Link?!

Does he look anything like this -

nerd.jpg

Archived