Who owns Dens Park?

Charlie-Brown

Charlie-Brown

Dundee had to sell Dens Park to raise money towards paying their huge debts when they went into administration, does anybody know who owns it now?

boabyarsebiscuit
Dundee had to sell Dens Park to raise money towards paying their huge debts when they went into administration, does anybody know who owns it now?

Who cares?

Charlie do us all a favour and cut to the chase before we have a dozen or so replies from people thinking this is a genuine request for information. Everyone can see that this is one more of your attempts to justify Romanov's dodgy business practices. Just get to it and save us all some time.

Drylaw Hearts
Who cares?

Charlie do us all a favour and cut to the chase before we have a dozen or so replies from people thinking this is a genuine request for information. Everyone can see that this is one more of your attempts to justify Romanov's dodgy business practices. Just get to it and save us all some time.

Don't hold back !!!!

:)

ToadKiller Dog

I wouldnt be surprised if the super mario brothers still involved but i thought they did not have to sell the stadium due to the mario brothers moving some chairs around before ahem leaving.

Charlie-Brown
Who cares?

FFS boaby it's a simple question - do you know who bought dens park or not? if so I assume dundee are renting it from them?

thehibsaregay

they never sold it because they were not getting 2 share a stadium with utd

Charlie-Brown

Given the Hobo's insistance the Hearts are or will be going into the A-word - I was just reading a wee bit about the other clubs that had also faced this financial trouble - I see that North Lanarkshire council now own Airdrie stadium & rent it back but I couldn't find who owns Dens...Motherwell managed to keep their stadium as far as I can see....Dundee & Motherwell both emerged from Administration with the Marrs & Boyle still heavily involved in those clubs.

But I just wondered howmuch Dundee had got for Dens, who owns it now and what sort of lease Dundee had?

FFS boaby it's a simple question - do you know who bought dens park or not? if so I assume dundee are renting it from them?

Regardless of your intentions, I can fully understand his reply.

Charlie-Brown
they never sold it because they were not getting 2 share a stadium with utd

Is this wrong then?

In 2003, due to the clubs failure to sell on players as anticipated, insufficient income was raised to fund the large wage bill, under owners Peter & James Marr, resulting in a ?23 m debt, they were forced to go into administration with many players such as Fabian Caballero and Georgian captain Giorgi Nemsadze leaving the club in 2005. Despite this huge debt, Dundee FC survived by selling their stadium in 2003. The club's finances now look much better with the club focusing on its youth policy. In mid-2006, it was announced that financial restructuring would see the club become debt-free

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dundee_F.C.#21st_century

Charlie-Brown
Regardless of your intentions, I can fully understand his reply.

Why because your paranoid as well? :)

boabyarsebiscuit
Why because your paranoid as well? :)

Perhaps like me he's seen you dress up your nonsensical pro-Romanov garbage as reasoned debate on here one too many times?

Perhaps like me he's seen you dress up your nonsensical pro-Romanov garbage as reasoned debate on here one too many times?

Charlie's pish doesn't seem to be cutting much ice these days does it?:)

Land in Dundee, Motherwell and Airdrie was/is worth feck all. Dundee were saved by the Marrs writing off a sizeable chunk of debt owed to them.

Charlie-Brown

There are ignore functions boaby or just ignore the thread ..... I think you were the first person to mention Romanov or Hearts on this thread so maybe it's you that's being nonsensical and spoiling reasoned debate?

Do you know who bought Dens Park and how much they paid for it?

Charlie-Brown
Not paranoid, just very much used to the threads you start.

Do you know who bought Dens Park? does anybody know? The wikipedia article says they still have some debts so I assume that Dens didn't cover the ?24M ?

boabyarsebiscuit
There are ignore functions boaby or just ignore the thread ..... I think you were the first person to mention Romanov or Hearts on this thread so maybe it's you that's being nonsensical and spoiling reasoned debate?

Charlie, my first words on the thread were that I didn't care who owned Dens Park. What does it have to do with Romanov's business genius? This is no doubt where you were trying to take us all, I just wanted you to make your usual point more openly. Sorry, but your pro-Romanov spin on every thread is tiring.

It's called cutting to the chase.

Can we assume from your above paragraph that you had no intention of mentioning VR or Hearts?

If this is the case, why not tell why you want to know and we can all take things from there, safe in the knowledge that you won't be intending to compare another clubs situation with our own.

ToadKiller Dog

One thing Vlad hasnt done so far ,he hasnt had players in dispute beaten up.

Martin is correct the Marios wrote of a big chunk of the debt the built up by and was due to themselves .

Charlie-Brown

Boaby - Legend .... it is a simple enquiry about what happened to Dundee FC when they went into administration, what happened to their debts and what shape was the club in when they emerged from Adminstration? It really is that simple. :)

Is there a Dundee forum? They would surely know.

Although maybe I'm underestimating how uneducated they are up there!

Is there a Dundee forum? They would surely know.

Although maybe I'm underestimating how uneducated they are up there!

Good point.

Charlie, maybe you could try here.

Charlie-Brown
One thing Vlad hasnt done so far ,he hasnt had players in dispute beaten up.

Martin is correct the Marios wrote of a big chunk of the debt the built up by and was due to themselves .

This article says that HBOS were owed ?14.5M although they wanted the Marr brothers to pay up ?5M they had guaranteed .....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee/3637775.stm

I think that the Wikipedia article linked above is wrong. The administrators originally intended to sell Dens Park for redevelopment and to rent Tannadice. The Dee4Life campaigners managed to convince them that doing so would kill the club as few Dundee fans would support it at Tannadice. Because land in Dundee, especially in the area of the football grounds, is worth much less than in Edinburgh, the sale of Dens would have made only a small dent in the debt; I think that the sum mentioned was only about ?4m. Thus, in the long term Dundee keeping Dens was better for the creditors.

Our situation is different. Even in the current depressed property market the sale of Tynecastle would clear most of our debt; remember that although the market was buoyant when CR tried to sell it, it was 3 years before the top. Thus, it wouldn't matter to the creditors if HMFC prospered, struggled or died at Murrayfield as they would be repaid by sale of Tynecastle.

The Wiki article might be referring to the former car park, which was used by the away support at both Dundee and Utd but belonged to Dundee and is now built over.

Charlie-Brown

It would appear that Dundee FC do still own Dens although they are still saddled with a debt to HBOS (about ?6M or ?7M) I think and pay about ?250-300K interest on that bank debt which is a burden to them in the first division - they aren't able to borrow anything to spend on their team to help them get out of the division and they still have difficulty in signing new players as many contracts were simply torn up, not honoured or players severance & pay-off deals went un-honoured as they simply couldn't afford to pay and this reputation is making harder for them to land some targets as players/agents are less inclined to deal with them whilst the club is still in a financial straight-jacket....they were close to going into administration for a 2nd time in 2006 when the Marrs own businesses got into trouble although this finally freed them from the Marr brothers when they went under and sold their shareholding in the club in 2007.

It would appear that Dundee FC do still own Dens although they are still saddled with a debt to HBOS (about ?6M or ?7M) I think and pay about ?250-300K interest on that bank debt which is a burden to them in the first division - they aren't able to borrow anything to spend on their team to help them get out of the division and they still have difficulty in signing new players as many contracts were simply torn up, not honoured or players severance & pay-off deals went un-honoured as they simply couldn't afford to pay and this reputation is making harder for them to land some targets as players/agents are less inclined to deal with them whilst the club is still in a financial straight-jacket....they were close to going into administration for a 2nd time in 2006 when the Marrs own businesses got into trouble although this finally freed them from the Marr brothers when they went under and sold their shareholding in the club in 2007.

Some good some bad then if this is what we are to be told to expect is the route for Hearts now.

Charlie-Brown
Some good some bad then if this is what we are to be told to expect is the route for Hearts now.

The Marrs were still with Dundee for 2+ years once they had emerged from administration and they only left the club once their own private businesses got into trouble & went under. Boyle still remains the major player at Motherwell as well.

I don't understand how Dundee managed to escape a 10pt penalty for going into administration though? Did the SPL change their rules.

The Marrs were still with Dundee for 2+ years once they had emerged from administration and they only left the club once their own private businesses got into trouble & went under. Boyle still remains the major player at Motherwell as well.

I don't understand how Dundee managed to escape a 10pt penalty for going into administration though? Did the SPL change their rules.

Dundee Livi and Motherwell all went into administration before the 10pt deduction rule existed.

Archived