Dressing Room Discord

Deevers

No, not at Tynecastle!

I heard a wee tale today on my travels from a pretty credible source that things are not what they should be down at the San Giro.

Apparently the returned Messiah allegedly can't keep his big gob shut about money and this has seriously heaved off a few of his team mates.

Maybe Petrie will have a few of them banging on his door in the not too distant future looking for more from the kitty.

No, not at Tynecastle!

I heard a wee tale today on my travels from a pretty credible source that things are not what they should be down at the San Giro.

Apparently the returned Messiah allegedly can't keep his big gob shut about money and this has seriously heaved off a few of his team mates.

Maybe Petrie will have a few of them banging on his door in the not too distant future looking for more from the kitty.

Was told exactly the same thing hobo players getting very annoyed at this, sounds like another exodus down Fester road way in the very near future.

Cant blame them :hobofish::107years:

Nucky Thompson

I heard that as well. He's swanning about the place like a big time charlie hacking off a lot of older players that are on jube jubes:107years:

Thing is, even if he was nice as ninepence, and everybodys mate, when you have told every player in every contract discussion for years that there is a "tight wage budget" then as soon as you break the budget to sign one, they will all say "you did it for Derek, do it for me too".

They are employees like any other, if you or I found out one of our colleagues earned a huge amount more than us we would want parity.

It was always going to be an issue for the club, it depends on how they want to react to it.

Yip heard this as well.Seemingly one of the older players (not sure who) had Rat boy by the throat last week and told him to shut it.Ratty **** his pants.

The People's Chimp
I heard that as well. He's swanning about the place like a big time charlie hacking off a lot of older players that are on jube jubes:107years:

I'll bet he is. :rolleyes:

Thing is, even if he was nice as ninepence, and everybodys mate, when you have told every player in every contract discussion for years that there is a "tight wage budget" then as soon as you break the budget to sign one, they will all say "you did it for Derek, do it for me too".

They are employees like any other, if you or I found out one of our colleagues earned a huge amount more than us we would want parity.

It was always going to be an issue for the club, it depends on how they want to react to it.

On the flipside, in order to attract people of the necessary quality, companies often have to offer them salaries which are above that paid to incumbent staff in a similar position. That certainly happens at my work, and while the perceived unfairness can get to people, most accept that that's the way it has to be.

However, even if being a football player was job open to comparison with more normal occupations, the fact is, Riordan is a far better player than anything else they have, and thus deserves higher reward.

If there is a problem, which would not surprise me, it is precisely because he is not being as nice as ninepence about it.

Heard this too, and apparently it is all kicking off down there. A lot of unhappy chappies.

:107years:

Was told this some weeks ago, that a few players are seriosly hacked off with him, swanning about thinking he's the big shot and untouchable.

TBH i said at the time they got him this would happen eventually, as pointed out players have been paid peanuts for long enough and told thats the wage budget. Then in walks the inbred half witted rat and petrie bursts the bank for him, it would only be a matter of time before there was a revolt and dressing room unrest. The thing is those thick delluded hobos over on pegsellers.net cant see it or dont want to see it. All they see is the return of the prodigal ned.

I'd also been told that Petrie has only burst the bank on Riorden to hopefully sell him on later for a profit and recouping the money being laid out and a little profit. He is only a stop gap. Riorden seemingly agreed to the wage reduction even though its breaking petries bank in the knowing it is only temp to get in the shop window again and be sold on later.

I'd also been told that Petrie has only burst the bank on Riorden to hopefully sell him on later for a profit and recouping the money being laid out and a little profit. He is only a stop gap. Riorden seemingly agreed to the wage reduction even though its breaking petries bank in the knowing it is only temp to get in the shop window again and be sold on later.

A team signing players on wages that they cannot afford, in the hope of punting them on at a profit within year or two? Nah, can't see that ever happening...

Seymour M Hersh
No, not at Tynecastle!

Surely not! In utopia where football teams operate within their means and everyone is happy and knows they invented the game, strips, floodlights, European football, the colour green, white sleeves, fast flowing football and of course taught Brazil to play the game! And now you're trying to tell me there could be discord amongst those happy few? Next you'll be telling me there could be financial issues at the world's favourite club due to a well known building firm that went into administration this week and may possibly own parts of their ground? :107years:

A team signing players on wages that they cannot afford, in the hope of punting them on at a profit within year or two? Nah, can't see that ever happening...

Not a year or two try January.

On the flipside, in order to attract people of the necessary quality, companies often have to offer them salaries which are above that paid to incumbent staff in a similar position. That certainly happens at my work, and while the perceived unfairness can get to people, most accept that that's the way it has to be.

However, even if being a football player was job open to comparison with more normal occupations, the fact is, Riordan is a far better player than anything else they have, and thus deserves higher reward.

If there is a problem, which would not surprise me, it is precisely because he is not being as nice as ninepence about it.

All very plausible, however they would risk losing any player that they have that is any good as he would want to go elsewhere after being snubbed for a "Riordan deal".

Oh, and I was in no way suggesting that Riordan is being nice as ninepence, I am not sure he is capable of that. :)

Haha ok.

But thats not what you meant in your reply the first time.

Well, I certainly wasn't being that specific, I grant you.

Surely not! In utopia where football teams operate within their means and everyone is happy and knows they invented the game, strips, floodlights, European football, the colour green, white sleeves, fast flowing football and of course taught Brazil to play the game! And now you're trying to tell me there could be discord amongst those happy few? Next you'll be telling me there could be financial issues at the world's favourite club due to a well known building firm that went into administration this week and may possibly own parts of their ground? :107years:

Whats this about? care to ellaborate in more detail? :)

The People's Chimp

Where is the inane nodding green smilie so beloved of hobos whenever posting a rumour about hearts? The only difference being this IS true, while they can invent their stories as much as they like...a nodding head isn't going to make it happen.

All very plausible, however they would risk losing any player that they have that is any good as he would want to go elsewhere after being snubbed for a "Riordan deal".

Oh, indeed. The reality is, though, any Hibs player would leave if they could earn significantly more elsewhere, regardless how much Riordan, or anyone else at the club, is being paid.

The problem of disharmony about comparative wages in many workplaces flares up not simply because the disparity exists, but when people have their noses rubbed in it.

Oh, and I was in no way suggesting that Riordan is being nice as ninepence, I am not sure he is capable of that. :)

Don't worry, I thought not - I was just rolling with the scenario, as ridiculous as we all know it was!

Seymour M Hersh
Whats this about? care to ellaborate in more detail? :)

I think Mr Liquidator knows about it as well. A few years ago I was informed that the land fester road is built on is not entirely owned by them or stf/mouser offshoots but a 3rd party. A building company who have built quite a lot of flats around fester road. If it's true, and I've never had reason to doubt the source (neither a Hearts or hobos fan but a friend/acquaintance of the builder/developer) as he had no axe to grind or reason to make mischief.

Paulie Walnut
I think Mr Liquidator knows about it as well. A few years ago I was informed that the land fester road is built on is not entirely owned by them or stf/mouser offshoots but a 3rd party. A building company who have built quite a lot of flats around fester road. If it's true, and I've never had reason to doubt the source (neither a Hearts or hobos fan but a friend/acquaintance of the builder/developer) as he had no axe to grind or reason to make mischief.

So if true what would it mean?

And to think that there were folk on here that thought that signing that horrible little weasel for the JT's was a splendid idea :rolleyes:

And to think that there were folk on here that thought that signing that horrible little weasel for the JT's was a splendid idea :rolleyes:

True, but any salary-related bragging would seem a little hollow given the amount of money some of our players are apparently on.

Interesting stuff. Id heard something sometime ago about a "Holding" company or some company with holdings in the name that part owned the ground or were guarantors or something like that but was told STF was a board member or was part of the company.

Am i on the right lines here, or close to what your saying?

Of course the hobos when we asked them came out with the usual, we own our stadium and land it appears on the accounts which are available for all to read etc etc etc the usual.

It would probably mean that this thread will go to 300 pages with lots of Hobos GTF, I hope they die's, and 800 people who say they really liked Hibs writing farewell threads and posting on the new how did we go in to administration .net Hobos forum. :hobofish:;):angel:

True, but any salary-related bragging would seem a little hollow given the amount of money some of our players are apparently on.

True but I'm sure he'd have found some way to pish everyone off had he signed for us.

I heard Sir Tom Farmer actually picks the team and Pantylinen is just a fat waste of space.

(Maybe Shaun Laswon could confirm if any of these Hobo rumours are true)

Seymour M Hersh

Nothing or possibly everything. For them (albeit a worst case scenario) if the building company/developer go bust and the administrator tries to raise cash to pay of creditors perhaps the land that fester road sits on (or the part thereof the builder/developer owns) would be sold thus potentially leaving the hobos homeless (how apt). I think a lot would have to go wrong (for them) for this to happen and stf would probably have to refuse to bail them out again but I think it is possible if my source was accurate in the first place.

Walter Payton
Yip heard this as well.Seemingly one of the older players (not sure who) had Rat boy by the throat last week and told him to shut it.Ratty **** his pants.

Didn't think Hibs had any older players? This is the Arsenal of the North we're talking about isn't it?

True but I'm sure he'd have found some way to pish everyone off had he signed for us.

An own goal on Sunday, for example.

Paulie Walnut
Nothing or possibly everything. For them (albeit a worst case scenario) if the building company/developer go bust and the administrator tries to raise cash to pay of creditors perhaps the land that fester road sits on (or the part thereof the builder/developer owns) would be sold thus potentially leaving the hobos homeless (how apt). I think a lot would have to go wrong (for them) for this to happen and stf would probably have to refuse to bail them out again but I think it is possible if my source was accurate in the first place.

Ahh thanks.

winston churchill

the tyre boy does own/owned the land in and around the sangiro.

i think it's fondly known as ........the lochend butter fly.

remember he got all hot and bothered ............when the council knocked him back from sticking flats on it.

he also owns the field with the barn on it outside newcastle............but keep that quiet .............as i dont want the dafties on greenbubble.net all upset just before xmas.

The People's Chimp

remember he got all hot and bothered ............when the council knocked him back from sticking flats on it.

he also owns the field with the barn on it outside newcastle............but keep that quiet .............as i dont want the dafties on greenbubble.net all upset just before xmas.

Ah, the lochend buttrfly. They don't like talking about that much do they.

And as Seymour says, it could be something, it could wind up being nothing, but it's an interesting position STF might be put in....especially for someone who doesn't care about football.

Seymour M Hersh

My source suggested (well said) that there is land that the ground sits on (possibly including the pitch) not owned by the tyre boy and I think if the company that went into admin goes bust that is where there could be real problems for the hobos could lie.

No, not at Tynecastle!

Pretty pathetic effort. Let's leave the kids' stuff to the hobos and give them something to worry about on the pitch on Sunday, where it really matters!

winston churchill
My source suggested (well said) that there is land that the ground sits on (possibly including the pitch) not owned by the tyre boy and I think if the company that went into admin goes bust that is where there could be real problems for the hobos could lie.

the plot thickens.

maybe time for our own count down clock & bulldozer avatar.

I don't think you could be more wrong if you tried.

IIRC - not strictly true, but may be even funnier.

Did STF/Hibs not want to purchase the Lochend Butterfly (council owned) on the (major) cheap and redevelop it for the benefit of Hibs. The council told them to do one. Win an open market bidding war at the time.

I'm sure that was what the press reported. Now I'm not sure

1) Did Hibs eventually buy the land and

2) why a different council stance for Hearts and Tynie High.

Enlighten us.

let's have it then.

When the Council invited bids for the land, the planning brief that was included with the sale documents stated that the site was not suitable for residential development. STF/Hibs accordingly put in a bid for mixed commercial/community leisure use, only for the Council to accept a higher bid from a consortium (which included Morrison homes) to build flats - the price being proportional to the number of flats approved by the planning department. STF suggested that he should be allowed to submit a revised bid given that flats were apparently to be permitted after all (land prices for flats are far higher than for gyms/5-a-side pitches). He was refused.

A couple of years passed and no planning application had even been submitted. Furthermore, Morrison Homes (who had added a bit of credibility to the succesful bidders' consortium) pulled out of the deal. It was at this stage that STF began to look into the deal again but, to cut a long story short, was shafted again by the Council.

Hibs then sold off the old car park, which had been earmarked to be part of the butterfly development, together with the bowling club beside the Dunbar end.

To this date, the butterfly remains empty and the Council have yet to receive a penny.

IIRC - not strictly true, but may be even funnier.

Did STF/Hibs not want to purchase the Lochend Butterfly (council owned) on the (major) cheap and redevelop it for the benefit of Hibs. The council told them to do one. Win an open market bidding war at the time.

I'm sure that was what the press reported. Now I'm not sure

1) Did Hibs eventually buy the land and

2) why a different council stance for Hearts and Tynie High.

1) No.

2) Exactly.

Guest jambomickey

spot on mate! thank **** he never came anywhere near us

Pretty pathetic effort. Let's leave the kids' stuff to the hobos and give them something to worry about on the pitch on Sunday, where it really matters!

Just passing on a story I heard today - it seems to have irked you a little bit. Mmmm, I wonder why!!!

In any case i've no doubt that we'll be more than a match for the vermin on Sunday.

The Baldmans Comb

I'm afraid that is utter and complete drivel.

Hibs share structure is very clear which is that the club is owned by a holding company which is completely controlled by Tom Farmer(and 10% by Petrie) and all the land which from memory is valued at ?18m is owned by the club and not at arms length by any 3rd party building firm as this would have to be disclosed in the accounts.

I've looked hard to find holes in Hibs structure and apart from some unexplained deals with a company called Morston Assets at the time they were building the training centre at Tranent their structure and financial position is very sound.

Though this was financed by selling off ?10m worth of players and not by any good business plan.

I'm afraid that is utter and complete drivel.

Hibs share structure is very clear which is that the club is owned by a holding company which is completely controlled by Tom Farmer(and 10% by Petrie) and all the land which from memory is valued at ?18m is owned by the club and not at arms length by any 3rd party building firm as this would have to be disclosed in the accounts.

I've looked hard to find holes in Hibs structure and apart from some unexplained deals with a company called Morston Assets at the time they were building the training centre at Tranent their structure and financial position is very sound.

Though this was financed by selling off ?10m worth of players and not by any good business plan.

As you have correctly stated, hibs are completely controlled by a holding company which is completely controlled by Tom Farmer(and 10% by Petrie).

Surely if you've looked hard to find holes in hibs, you would have had to look hard into HFC Holdings (the holding company). Care to post any findings?

Archived