Here we go again - 1 striker again

Coco

Vlads tactics or CL's?

He is presenting them as his tactics.

I would have no problem if he admitted the truth on this but he is doing the same as Valdas did.

Malcolm Tucker

Good.

This means we won't depend on the hoooof as much as we did when we played 2 up front, eh.

**** the Hibs, 'Mon the Hearts!!

Two up front against Kilmarnock was a disaster, no one knew what we were doing, and we lost our first home game of the season.

Ridiculous to post such a negative, s***-stirring thread 48 hours before a massive derby game.

We played the same formation as in all the other games this season. Mole played in the Ksnavicius role that is all.

Two up front against Kilmarnock was a disaster, no one knew what we were doing, and we lost our first home game of the season.

Ridiculous to post such a negative, s***-stirring thread 48 hours before a massive derby game.

Good point

stephanepaille

Personally i would have gone with one up top anyhow.

I think Hibs are very weak in midfield and i think thats were we can get a grip of the game.

With them playing 3 up front we can keep Karipidis sitting in midfield and cancel out some attacks.

I can realy see Hibs playing the hoof ball all day on Sundat cos thats all Jones and Bamba know....they used to have Boozy as an outlet but he aint there now and i think they are struggling a bit there.

I didnt think Rangers played particuarly well against them....and they destroyed them.

HAVE FAITH.

chester copperpot

Team for tomorrow will be:

Kello

Eggy Berra Zal Wallace

Kingston Kari Stewart Miko

Bruno

Mole

Thats how they've lined up in training all week. Maybe Driver in or maybe just a place on the bench for him.

Not having a go, but didn't Csaba tell the press that he wanted to get the players familiar with a few different formations so that they could change tactics during a match?

Are our players really that thick that they have only learned one formation and others leave them puzzled?

I think he's thrown a curve ball to catch folk off guard.

I recon he'll go with Nade & Tullberg up front, a bit of physical prescenceup against the Giraffe & Elephant.

Kello

Eggy Berra Zal Wallace

Bruno

Mole

Thats how they've lined up in training all week. Maybe Driver in or maybe just a place on the bench for him.

If thats true, it looks a decent line up. Can't wait to see Bruno back, especially in that position. I just don't know what Mole is doing to get in the team ahead of Nade every week though.

Oh well, at least he has stopped pretending that this is what the continentals call 4-4-2

It is quite a sham.

Step 1 : Csaba sees us play pretty gash with one striker pre-season, says he doesnt like it and his preferred system is 4-4-2

Step 2 : clearly rebuked by "somebody" - reverts to playing 1 striker up front, but argues the "hole" player is evidence of the continental 4-4-2 system

Step 3 : argues that the sole striker role is what everyone else plays so how can you say it is wrong, but stops pretending it is 4-4-2 in any language

Are we at the stage yet where we are playing that "brand of football never before seen in the SPL" that Romanov promised? Although I still think that happened in the Malofeev "era"....

chester copperpot
I think he's thrown a curve ball to catch folk off guard.

I recon he'll go with Nade & Tullberg up front, a bit of physical prescenceup against the Giraffe & Elephant.

Tullberg out for another 2 months. :sad:

Thats how they've lined up in training all week. .

That means nothing, we have all learned

How Mole continues to get picked god only knows.

If I was being playful I'd guess it was because Nade gets some sort of appearance money if he starts, or plays a certain amount of the game. I could go further and suggest that he gets additional money for goals that he scores so that the less time on the pitch he gets the less chance he has of scoring.

So therefore it costs Hearts less money to play Mole

But I'm not in a playful mood ;)

I maintain that no manager worth their salt (or with control) would stick with a defence that lets in goals all the time and a striker that cant score goals game in game out

Kello

Eggy Berra Zal Wallace

Bruno

Mole

Yup and I certainly hope so, control the midfield is the key and Bruno will shine ;)

chester copperpot
That means nothing, we have all learned

How Mole continues to get picked god only knows.

If I was being playful I'd guess it was because Nade gets some sort of appearance money if he starts, or plays a certain amount of the game. I could go further and suggest that he gets additional money for goals that he scores so that the less time on the pitch he gets the less chance he has of scoring.

So therefore it costs Hearts less money to play Mole

But I'm not in a playful mood ;)

I maintain that no manager worth their salt (or with control) would stick with a defence that lets in goals all the time and a striker that cant score goals game in game out

Chill man, was only posting what I was told about Sunday's line up.

Neilson on right wing!!!

Exactly, flirting between 3-5-2 and 3-4-3 on a game by game basis. Hartley in "the hole".

You're right the SPL had never seen a brand of football like it

Vlad must be onto his next revolution

It must be the "play the formation the majority of the teams in the world plays even if it doesnt suit our players, or the SPL and leads to rank rotten football"

The People's Chimp

Kello

Eggy Berra Zal Wallace

Bruno

Mole

I'm already seething at mole's potential starting berth. I simply can't believe we'll be relying on him again. please no.

Chill man, was only posting what I was told about Sunday's line up.

Totally chilled, not making any digs at you, not in the slightest. Apologies if it came across that way :)

"99% of teams play with one target striker upfront" - on that basis, for this one comment, bye bye Csaba you are a total idiot of the malofeev mould. Please check the team sheet at the weekend for the lieks of Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal, 3 of the best teams in Europe and tell me they are deploying your approach of one up front. Also why do we play the same tactic every week, whether it is St. Midden at Home or Rankgers away, because our committe of idiots don't know nowt about football. The end for Hearts is nigh.

Personally i'm not bothered about playing one up front and one in the 'hole', it can work, but only if you have the right people there. Problem is though, that Ksanavicious and Mole are NOT THE RIGHT PEOPLE for the job. The other problem is that I don't think we have the right people for the jobs in our squad.

Kello

Eggy Berra Zal Wallace

Bruno

Mole

I think if that's the line up for tomorrow we could win....If it's the team for Sunday...I'm glad I'm drinking while watching the game....MOLE????

Yours,

Pedantically,

Tynie b:p

Kello

Eggy Berra Zal Wallace

Bruno

Mole

I'd be happy with that line up, although I'd have Nade in for Mole. I'd be delighted to see Aguiar back, especially in that position. I suggested earlier in the week, having watched highlights of the reserves that it appeared that Bruno is being encouraged to play an attacking midfield role. I'd be delighted to be proved right.

I'm also quite happy with Driver on the bench. Probably not fully fit yet for a start but could be a very good impact player.

If we do play this formation on Sunday a blind man could see it is imperative that it is Kingston and Nade who play those roles.

Willow and Clum's twin are gash and should not start for Hearts.

"We go to play offensively in every game. I won't change the tactics for one game. We know what we can do and we know our strengths. We also know the weaknesses and strengths of the opponents but we will concentrate on our strong points."

Well, Csaba played 4-4-1-1 at Falkirk in the first half with JM up front - result, we never turned up for the first 45 mins. He then changed to 4-4-2 with Nade and Audrey in 2nd half - result, we were all over Falkirk until an individual mistake and we got hit with the sucker punch.

If he thinks Jamie Mole can hold the ball up / lead the line, he needs his head examined. He's OK at working hard and running the channels but that's it IMO.

"We go to play offensively in every game. I won't change the tactics for one game. We know what we can do and we know our strengths. We also know the weaknesses and strengths of the opponents but we will concentrate on our strong points."

Well, Csaba played 4-4-1-1 at Falkirk in the first half with JM up front - result, we never turned up for the first 45 mins. He then changed to 4-4-2 with Nade and Audrey in 2nd half - result, we were all over Falkirk until an individual mistake and we got hit with the sucker punch.

If he thinks Jamie Mole can hold the ball up / lead the line, he needs his head examined. He's OK at working hard and running the channels but that's it IMO.

If Audrey was playing then I'd imagine it was still a 4-4-1-1. Also, we played 4-4-2 against Kilmarnock and were rubbish, something that the biggest critics of 4-4-1-1 were strangely silent about after the game. we actually had our best spell of that match when we reverted to 4-4-1-1 in the 2nd half.

Agree with you re Mole though.

" We know what we can do and we know our strengths. We also know the weaknesses and strengths of the opponents but we will concentrate on our strong points."

If this is us set up and playing to our strengths - god help us

Sadly, if you are not in full control of the teams you pick, the comments you make as the charade continues become less and less tenable / sensible / believable / credible.

Anyway, lets see, plenty more time for surprises before kick off Sunday :sad:

If Audrey was playing then I'd imagine it was still a 4-4-1-1. Also, we played 4-4-2 against Kilmarnock and were rubbish, something that the biggest critics of 4-4-1-1 were strangely silent about after the game. we actually had our best spell of that match when we reverted to 4-4-1-1 in the 2nd half.

Agree with you re Mole though.

Imagine what you like mate, I was there - definite change in formation that made a big difference to the way we played. Nade and Audrey were up front and pulling the Falkirk defence all over the place.

If Mole starts on Sunday you really do have to wonder.

Definately, there is no justification for him starting on Sunday, he needs to be benched!

Imagine what you like mate, I was there - definite change in formation that made a big difference to the way we played. Nade and Audrey were up front and pulling the Falkirk defence all over the place.

That's fair enough, I wasn't there so you're obviously far better placed to comment. Just seems strange that every other time Audrey has played, be it from the start or coming on as a sub, it has been in the supporting striker role, rather than as a flat front 2.

Care to comment on the Kilmarnock game and the complete failure of the 4-4-2 there?

I'm not actually a fan of 4-4-1-1 either but I think it's failure has more to do with the quality of forward players we have than the actual tactic itself.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Exactly...Mole!! We should be done under the Trades Descriptions act!! :mad:

Screw Mole, ill stop drinking at 1 and still be better than that ****.

Ill play.

That's fair enough, I wasn't there so you're obviously far better placed to comment. Just seems strange that every other time Audrey has played, be it from the start or coming on as a sub, it has been in the supporting striker role, rather than as a flat front 2.

Care to comment on the Kilmarnock game and the complete failure of the 4-4-2 there?

I'm not actually a fan of 4-4-1-1 either but I think it's failure has more to do with the quality of forward players we have than the actual tactic itself.

Yes, Tullberg / Mole were hopeless and Larry could've scored a hat-trick. The parting of the central defence for their winner didn't help either.

Tullberg out for another 2 months. :sad:

Oh surprise surprise!! Is is part of the deal when you sign with Hearts you have to be injury prone? Is this the best Hearts can get now? Pished off with this carry-on!

Guest JamboRobbo

If we plan on playing 4-5-1 all year, and having as ****e results as we've had so far, we'll be playing to an empty stadium by the end of the year.

If they're gonna insist on boring us all to death with 4-5-1, they've gotta be getting results which make up for how boring the performances are.

Right now, we're getting neither entertainment, nor performances, nor results.

Time everyone woke up and smelled the coffee, it's always gonna be like this until Vlad fex off! He's no idea how to run a football club.

We played the same formation as in all the other games this season. Mole played in the Ksnavicius role that is all.

Agreed, not once in the entire Kilmarnock game did we look like we played 4-4-2. One forward always sat back and played the "hole", which seems to be some fecking hole considering everyone that goes there is never seen for the whole game!!

If we plan on playing 4-5-1 all year, and having as ****e results as we've had so far, we'll be playing to an empty stadium by the end of the year.

If they're gonna insist on boring us all to death with 4-5-1, they've gotta be getting results which make up for how boring the performances are.

Right now, we're getting neither entertainment, nor performances, nor results.

Not forgetting the pesh results we had last year pre-Xmas playing 4-5-1

We have played 4-5-1 on and off (but more on than off) for the past 2 seasons - I include the original Botchup/Frail interimship at the end of the season before last - and for almost the entire duration of that period, no matter the personnel, we have played utter gash football with limited success

Last seasons stint of 4-5-1 took us to only above Gretna FFS

How anyone can defend it is beyond me

Oh well, at least he has stopped pretending that this is what the continentals call 4-4-2

It is quite a sham.

Step 1 : Csaba sees us play pretty gash with one striker pre-season, says he doesnt like it and his preferred system is 4-4-2

Step 2 : clearly rebuked by "somebody" - reverts to playing 1 striker up front, but argues the "hole" player is evidence of the continental 4-4-2 system

Step 3 : argues that the sole striker role is what everyone else plays so how can you say it is wrong, but stops pretending it is 4-4-2 in any language

Are we at the stage yet where we are playing that "brand of football never before seen in the SPL" that Romanov promised? Although I still think that happened in the Malofeev "era"....

I totally agree, the emboldened statement is key. We have been told all season that we ARE indeed playing 4-4-2, until now.

Funny though, THIS weekend (tricky away game) I would play 4-5-1, although I would do away with this nonsense "player in the hole" and play with two midfielders that will hold their position (Jonsson and Palazuelos) and let Stewart bomb on when we are in control of the ball.

I totally agree, the emboldened statement is key. We have been told all season that we ARE indeed playing 4-4-2, until now.

Funny though, THIS weekend (tricky away game) I would play 4-5-1, although I would do away with this nonsense "player in the hole" and play with two midfielders that will hold their position (Jonsson and Palazuelos) and let Stewart bomb on when we are in control of the ball.

I dont know

We simply dont have a strong enough defence to play a more "containing" formation.

On this occasion I actually think we'd have more prospect of success if we actually took the game to Hibs. Play on the front foot, match up with their formation and take it from there.

But I fear that neither will we get a sensibly chosen 4-5-1 along the lines you discuss nor an attack minded team in my preference, so I'd imagine we will both be disappointed....

As an aside, Csaba needed to argue the bold bit initially to cover up his earlier gaff of his preference, which was clearly vetoed.

Do you also remember him bashing on about needing to be flexible about formations?

I dont know

We simply dont have a strong enough defence to play a more "containing" formation.

On this occasion I actually think we'd have more prospect of success if we actually took the game to Hibs. Play on the front foot, match up with their formation and take it from there.

But I fear that neither will we get a sensibly chosen 4-5-1 along the lines you discuss nor an attack minded team in my preference, so I'd imagine we will both be disappointed....

As an aside, Csaba needed to argue the bold bit initially to cover up his earlier gaff of his preference, which was clearly vetoed.

Do you also remember him bashing on about needing to be flexible about formations?

I would say that playing 4-5-1, with a back four that is a back four and not wing backs, and with two midfielders that play in midfield will hold our back line, letting the two wide men have free reign with Stewart to charge them to support Tullberg when we have the ball. Admit it, that sounds more offensive than anything we have played this season.

chester copperpot
I think if that's the line up for tomorrow we could win....If it's the team for Sunday...I'm glad I'm drinking while watching the game....MOLE????

Yours,

Pedantically,

Tynie b:p

No one likes a smart arse you know. ;)

I would say that playing 4-5-1, with a back four that is a back four and not wing backs, and with two midfielders that play in midfield will hold our back line, letting the two wide men have free reign with Stewart to charge them to support Tullberg when we have the ball. Admit it, that sounds more offensive than anything we have played this season.

Spot on! Anymore of this clever stuff and you'll be getting in for free at Tynie, sat beside Nade and Csaba................. ;)

Archived