B sky B

winston churchill

winston churchill

was their first live game in scotland hearts v aberdeen.

i seem too remember the game being played on a sunday.

if memory serves me right it ended 1-1 sandy clark scoring.

can anybody else confirm this.

This was the first live league match shown on telly in 1986 but it was terrestrial telly, ITV, Jock Brown commentating

The Real Maroonblood
This was the first live league match shown on telly in 1986 but it was terrestrial telly, ITV, Jock Brown commentating

IIRC McLeish nearly took off JC's head.

You must be thinking of BSB (British Satellite Broadcasting) of squarial fame. I remember they showed a 0-0 draw with Dundee after the earlier match between the two at Tynie had finished 6-3 for us.

I also remember watching us win 1-0 at Love Street in the League Cup, again on BSB.

IIRC McLeish nearly took off JC's head.

Correct - big ginger t**t should have been sent off. It was during the 85/86 season and was on council telly - cant remember if it was BBC or ITV. One of the first games I remember being on satellite was the new year derby when Gaery Mackay scored at both ends. My hibee mate went to his old mans to watch it cos he was about the only person with a dish at the time. I remember sprinting to a phone box after getting out the game to phone his old mans house to stick it up him!!!

You must be thinking of BSB (British Satellite Broadcasting) of squarial fame. I remember they showed a 0-0 draw with Dundee after the earlier match between the two at Tynie had finished 6-3 for us.

I also remember watching us win 1-0 at Love Street in the League Cup, again on BSB.

That's what I thought - 0-0 midweek borefest.

First ever live league game in Scotland was us v sheep in 86 as described above. This followed a tc blackout of much of the league up to that point.

The Hobos must be so jealous. I'm sure they'd love to add first to be live on TV to their list of first to have green floodlights sponsored by Bukta or whatever it is they get all Leeds Utd about.

P.S. I'm sure BSB's first live game was our 4-1 pumping of them down ER where we felt a bit sorry for them and scored an o.g.

i could be wrong (it has been known) but i seem to recall the first satellite match in scotland being aberdeen vs rangers.

The Shed Floodlight

i am sure there was a Aberdeen game at the Sheep Farm that they won 3-0 against us in the League Cup on B.S.B

I always thought the first Scottish game on Sky was the 4-1 demolition at ER? Obviously i've been wrong all these years!:eek:

That's what I thought - 0-0 midweek borefest.

I always thought the first Scottish game on Sky was the 4-1 demolition at ER? Obviously i've been wrong all these years!:eek:

Maybe it was. Remember that Sky (B Sky B) inherited Scottish football when it took over BSB.

JC scored

Carl Spackler

Remember the highlights on a Saturday night too? There was only one match shown and you didn't know which match it was going to be until after full time. They kept it secret so as not to affect the attendance.

Archived