Right all you wine drinkers out there.Help me out please.

scottishguy

Tomorrow evening I'm making a meal for my other half(well i'm gonna try and make it),the meal is as follow:-

Starters :- Bruschetta

Main Course :- Pasta Primavera

Desert :- Tiramisu

As i'm not a wine drinker,could any of you wine drinkers out there recommend a nice wine that would go with the above meal.

Thanks in advance.

Francis Albert

It has to be an Italian red. A Montepulciano d'Abruzzo or Barbera d'Asti would do nicely, if you want to avoid the obvious Chianti option.

Good luck!

Tomorrow evening I'm making a meal for my other half(well i'm gonna try and make it),the meal is as follow:-

As i'm not a wine drinker,could any of you wine drinkers out there recommend a nice wine that would go with the above meal.

Thanks in advance.

Real wine drinkers will also serve a desert wine.:P

Nucky Thompson

Pasta with a tomato based sauce and it has to be a good Chianti, it's the golden rule for Italians:) Seafood pasta and it has to be a Chardonnay.

Thanks in advance.

It doesn't necessarily have to be an Italian wine.

Isla Negra(Cabernet Sauvignon)is a fantastic accompaniment to that pasta course.A fabulous wine from Chile.

My mouth's watering now,might have to pour a glass!:)

It doesn't necessarily have to be an Italian wine.

Isla Negra(Cabernet Sauvignon)is a fantastic accompaniment to that pasta course.A fabulous wine from Chile.

My mouth's watering now,might have to pour a glass!:)

A couple of weeks ago Tesco in Corstorphine were selling a 1.5 litre bottle of Isla Negra for a fiver!

In like Flynn, as they say...:)

Miller Jambo 60
blue nun

Aye good one thats the wine my x and myself had.:eek:

My wifes having BLOSSOM HILL the noo go for that mate.

A couple of weeks ago Tesco in Corstorphine were selling a 1.5 litre bottle of Isla Negra for a fiver!

In like Flynn, as they say...:)

Tesco everywhere,Boris.Got two of those bad boys in the cupboard.

Don't fit in the rack they're that big!:o

Push the boat out and have a bottle of Montes Alpha - a beautiful Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon. Very pleasant on the taste buds and an excellent accompaniment to pasta.

Konrad von Carstein

Call me a pervert but...I am a fan of chilled ruby cabernet just now. Forget the waffle about servin reds at room temp...taking the warmth out makes it taste better and its light enough to go with any food. Obv this is all IMHO.

If your definition of Pasta Primavera is the same as mine, then overly strong Italian reds might not be such a good idea. You could do worse than Alpha Zeta Pinot Grigio at around ?5 to ?6 a bottle.

I P Knightley

Can't believe we've got his far without anyone mentioning JKB's favourite tipple for these occasions:

Getherpumped-traminer

Brian Whittaker's Tache
Can't believe we've got his far without anyone mentioning JKB's favourite tipple for these occasions:

Getherpumped-traminer

hahahahahahahahaha

You need a dessert wine to really blow her socks (knickers) off

A bottle of Pedro Ximenez sherry might go quite well with the Tiramisu, not strictly wine but blows away all the myths about sherry which to my mind is one of the most undervalued drinks in the UK market

Thanks in advance.

Good lad, nice to see.

I'm a red wine man myself and would totally agree with Francis Alberts selections. Nice

But I also agree with what some others say about red possibly being too heavy for the meal you are doing.

BUT its a friday, so get one of each mate!

You want a crisp-ish white wine though, not some heavy oaky chardonnay. Most Italian whites are pretty crisp, but dont go for the cheapest, as they can be a bit "tart".

Get one of FAs recommendations too - although if it is a special occasion Barolo is the King of Italian reds, but a bit expensive

Also Sicilian red wines are awesome. A lot of them leave this amazing tingle on your tongue.

Archived