The Bouncy On Sunday...

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

im preparing to get verbally raped by the majority of kickback for this!

but i think if we are winning this song would really look class and gets everybody up for it...what are your thoughts...

but i think if we are winning this song would really look class and gets everybody up for it...what are your thoughts...

Behave.Not enough we try and copy the huns wi that stupid union flag as well as a song without that ****.

Not good idea

chester copperpot

**** off.

Shanghai Hearts

If we are winning, surely watching the "Gumbies" across from us will be entertaining enough? Anything those Hobo & Hun idiots think is entertaining I want no part off.... thank you very much. Roll on Sunday

It would be like hibs doing the twirley. Only a gay version.

Bouncy?

Nah. It looks like they are all bumming each other.

1) Rangers do it

2) hibs do it

Wrong! Rankers do it to celebrate a death. (Check it out)

Hibs do "The Hibees Bounce", which has no connotations to sectarionism, just an innocent "Jump about" to get the crowd going. Why would Hibs fans celebrate the murder of a catholic?

You got me there, buddy. ;)

Guest S.U.S.S.

God, almost everything to do with football, songs, celebrations etc is nicked from another team.

Do it if you want mate, many of the ones against everything are the setanta loyal.

Hibs fans copy us, we don't copy them. They have their bumming bounce, we have the twirly. Much more sophisticated and original imo.

While it can be a bit on the fun side, i think its the choice off words that would be the problem, now i only know one version off the song so i dont know if there is say ' a hearts version '

:107years:

Miller Jambo 60
Hibs fans copy us, we don't copy them. They have their bumming bounce, we have the twirly. Much more sophisticated and original imo.

Played mate

God, almost everything to do with football, songs, celebrations etc is nicked from another team.

Do it if you want mate, many of the ones against everything are the setanta loyal.

Now that is the second time tonight I agree with a hearts fan. :eek:

I need a lie doon! :)

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

it was just a feckin suggestion...would be funny to find out how many of the people that have disagreed with it are actually going on sunday!

hibs copy just about our every song. (I hear they're going to sing the incredibly original "all the hibees get paid" on Sunday. If I was a supporter of a team where that "song" was made popular, I'd keep my mouth shut. After all, we'd have gotten pumped. Still, for them - it's an opportunity to keep up with this decade).

Can't wait til Sunday.

They'll probably copy a song to the tune of "Wayne, Wayne, super Wayne"..............

fair enough, but no scottish clubs in those links there (unless its aberdeen fans with blue in their scarves). rangers and hibs can have their bounce, i have no urge to imitate something they did before us. like i said, hibs copy us, not the other way round.

it was just a feckin suggestion...would be funny to find out how many of the people that have disagreed with it are actually going on sunday!

Funny... No, Interesting ... Yes!

For the record i'm going... and I will not be doin the bounce... general scarf twirling, song singing and hibbee bashing... definately!;)

chester copperpot

1 Here.

Although I'll be to peshed to bounce around.

Some people state I bounce withough trying though, so may be joining you after all. :)

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I think it would be much funnier for us to do the "Hibees Bounce" if we are winning. Instead of just copying a Huns song.

Slick21, have you got a link to the Huns' bouncy's meaning that you mentioned?

Guest S.U.S.S.
Now that is the second time tonight I agree with a hearts fan. :eek:

I need a lie doon! :)

Have no fear, its the same the world over.

People stand back and are critical of those who get off their buts!

Behave.Not enough we try and copy the huns wi that stupid union flag as well as a song without that ****.

Ill be taking my union flag with me on sunday :cool:

Guest Dipped Flake
Oh, and as ANOTHER aside, Der Huns version is available to view, look up meaning etc.

You will find NOTHING Sectarian about our totally different rousing song `n dance.

Extra homework req. for some. ;)

The only person that has mentioned sectarianism is you so please give it a rest or **** off back to your own board. rangers and hibs both do a bounce, I have no idea nor do i care what it is about, I only care about not imitating something that these 2 teams do.

Guest S.U.S.S.
The only person that has mentioned sectarianism is you so please give it a rest or **** off back to your own board. rangers and hibs both do a bounce, I have no idea nor do i care what it is about, I only care about not imitating something that these 2 teams do.

Calm mate, the boy was only expressing his views.

Commander Harris
Wrong! Rankers do it to celebrate a death. (Check it out)

Hibs do "The Hibees Bounce", which has no connotations to sectarionism, just an innocent "Jump about" to get the crowd going. Why would Hibs fans celebrate the murder of a catholic?

You got me there, buddy. ;)

"the bouncy" goes back further than the incident that celtic fans, and others, claim it celebrates. Both those sets of fans are always trying to tag sectarian reasons onto everything the other lot does so they can complain about it.

as for a bouncy at the weekend, I think it's a bit lame and unoriginal and I'd far prefer a twirly. :)

Romanov Stole My Pension

At several away games we've had the bouncy to the ring of fire tune, why not go for that?

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy
At several away games we've had the bouncy to the ring of fire tune, why not go for that?

yeah that sounds fine shut all these a*rseholes up who go on a pointless rant about a stupid thread i posted about considerin doin the bouncy on sunday just to get geed up!

The Baldmans Comb

Its a ridiculed suggestion simply becuse Hibs already do it as do Scotland's Shame' and their awful supporters and many Hearts fans don't want to be associated with such a disgrace.

Please make sure you understand the difference between them before you generalise.

Huns Bouncey - Horrible meaning! Celebebrating the stamping on a young Catholics head........until he died.

Hibees Bounce - Bit of HARMLESS banter, and a daft wee rousing dance.

p.s. there is no "Y" in the Hibs version. Please note this.[/quote

If that first bit is true(about the huns) I`M AM TRUELY SICKENED how anyone could enjoy that sort of thing is beyound me

Even the last video on there has our song :)

Kind of off topic but the support and songs FC United of Manchester have is amazing. Fair play to all the fans of Man U who formed this club after the Glazers took over.

Surely the only team in the world who's fans have a song that goes to the tune of Anarchy in the UK!! Wouldn't be too surpised if there are more fans doing this type of thing in future.

Daft idea about the bounce btw

Bomber Harris

The word bum springs to mind.....:(

Bomber Harris

"If you cannae dae the bouncy yer a Tim"......

"Let's all do the Hibees bounce".....

So why shouldn't the Hearts fans do a bouncy ? Bordeaux v Hearts, we done it, Basel v Hearts we bounced a tram of it's rail (seemingly)

Anyone wishing to disagree with the OP's request is quite simply barking raving mad.

And you'll never walk alone ;)

Stupid Sexy Flanders
"For me, the most interesting insight in the book is the fact that this focus on sectarianism is reaching its zenith at the very time when sectarianism is disappearing from both Scotland and Scottish football. When I think of Rangers and allegations of sectarianism, my mind wanders back to Belfast where I grew up, amidst the political conflict that always fuelled the rivalry between Rangers and Celtic. I think of the ?Bouncy, Bouncy, Bouncy, Bounce? song Rangers fans would sing. This ditty celebrates the cold-blooded murder of Portadown Catholic Robert Hammill one night by a loyalist mob as officers from the Royal Ulster Constabulary (RUC) looked on. The mob jumped up and down on his head repeatedly until his skull was crushed, hence the words, ?Bouncy Bounce?. "

Taken from.............

http://www.spiked-online.com/index.php?/site/reviewofbooks_article/4709/

Cheers, having looked it up myself, a lot of people suggest the Huns have been doing it since long before that incident.

MacDonald Jardine
Please make sure you understand the difference between them before you generalise.

Huns Bouncey - Horrible meaning! Celebebrating the stamping on a young Catholics head........until he died.

Hibees Bounce - Bit of HARMLESS banter' date=' and a daft wee rousing dance.

p.s. there is no "Y" in the Hibs version. Please note this.[/quote

If that first bit is true(about the huns) I`M AM TRUELY SICKENED how anyone could enjoy that sort of thing is beyound me[/quote']

Only it isn't true.

The incident referred to was only a few years ago, well after the bouncy started at Ibrox.

"If you cannae dae the bouncy yer a Tim"......

"Let's all do the Hibees bounce".....

So why shouldn't the Hearts fans do a bouncy ? Bordeaux v Hearts, we done it, Basel v Hearts we bounced a tram of it's rail (seemingly)

Anyone wishing to disagree with the OP's request is quite simply barking raving mad.

And you'll never walk alone ;)

I was on that tram and everyone was still on a high as Robbie had just scored the winner.

Can't remember the song, think it was 'when the hearts go marching in', definately not that Hun/Hobo rubbish.

Seems a lot of people have fallen for the Sellik minded smearing of the bouncy. I bet you can find a more sinister reason for both their repetoires if you go looking for them.

Again, nothing wrong with it. Nor do Rangers have any exclusive claim to it. Their fans are a bunch of scaffs anyway.

One if we pick up a win tomorrow would be quality. :)

I'd be up for a bounce. So what, Hibs and Rangers do it, they probably took it off some other team.

Just do it to the tune of:

"bouncy bouncy bouncy bouncy na na na na na"

"For me, the most interesting insight in the book is the fact that this focus on sectarianism is reaching its zenith at the very time when sectarianism is disappearing from both Scotland and Scottish football. When I think of Rangers and allegations of sectarianism, my mind wanders back to Belfast where I grew up, amidst the political conflict that always fuelled the rivalry between Rangers and Celtic. I think of the ‘Bouncy, Bouncy, Bouncy, Bounce’ song Rangers fans would sing. This ditty celebrates the cold-blooded murder of Portadown Catholic Robert Hammill one night by a loyalist mob as officers from the Royal Ulster Constabulary (RUC) looked on. The mob jumped up and down on his head repeatedly until his skull was crushed, hence the words, ‘Bouncy Bounce’. "

Taken from.............

http://www.spiked-online.com/index.php?/site/reviewofbooks_article/4709/

The only problem with that being that "The Bouncy" was being sung as early as the mid 80's at Ibrox so unless these fans had a crystal ball how could they be celebrating a death that occurred 10 years in the future because as far as i know the person you are on about was killed in 1997 unless you are talking about someone else.

The Old Tolbooth

Are you mad???

They copy us, we do NOT copy them!!!

:eek:

Archived