Chinese Democracy

WestcoastJambo

WestcoastJambo

The new Guns n'Roses album "Chinese Democracy" is finally to see the light of day in it's official form http://www.bravewords.com/news/98918

The link is only for the Canadian release but I wouldn't imagine the UK release will be too far behind it, if this is factual - http://www.marketingweek.co.uk/cgi-bin/item.cgi?id=62884&d=254&h=260&f=3

I'm quite looking forward to it, anyone else?

Why do people still care?

it's not the real guns n roses . and everything after Appetite for Destruction is pretty much pointless. it may be overplayed at times but is still awsome.

i was hugely into them in my early teens and whilst i don't agree with axl rose keeping the band name running i'm quite interested to hear what he's come up with after all those years. won't be buying it though

WestcoastJambo

For what it's worth, I have been very impressed by the current batch of leaked tracks which appear to be "finished" versions. The songs are well arranged and orchestrated. ALL of the guitar playing, by musicians who are phenomenal by any measure (Buckethead, Bumblefoot, Robin Finck), is innovative and fitting throughout.

I would also greatly appreciate it if contributors would elaborate more on why they think it can't be any good instead of panning it without explaining why, then we may get a discussion out of this yet.

Also, whoever said it, do you look as good as you did 15-20 years ago?:)

For what it's worth, I have been very impressed by the current batch of leaked tracks which appear to be "finished" versions. The songs are well arranged and orchestrated. ALL of the guitar playing, by musicians who are phenomenal by any measure (Buckethead, Bumblefoot, Robin Finck), is innovative and fitting throughout.

I would also greatly appreciate it if contributors would elaborate more on why they think it can't be any good instead of panning it without explaining why, then we may get a discussion out of this yet.

20 years ago I was 13 :)

So, no :(:cool:

Its simple mate, it isnt Guns N' Roses, its just Axl and some mates who have formed a band and have taken the name GNR. Velvet Revolver are more GNR than Axl's bunch and have much better songs. Axl wasnt GNR.

WestcoastJambo
Its simple mate, it isnt Guns N' Roses, its just Axl and some mates who have formed a band and have taken the name GNR. Velvet Revolver are more GNR than Axl's bunch and have much better songs. Axl wasnt GNR.

Velvet Revolver aren't too bad but should be much better, a bit disappointing considering that they do contain the majority of the old Gn'R members. Especially for me as a huge fan of Slash (I consider his playing to be one of the 2 biggest influences on my own style). Weiland may have been the weak link however, he's gone now, so hopefully they can find a front man with more to offer musically and vocally.

With regards to the comparison between the perceived quality of the songs, imo, the construction and execution of the new Gn'R stuff is in a different league to anything I've heard from VR which, as I've already stated, I find disappointing more than anything.

Archived