Jambos in Bathgate

gorgiestars

I live in wester inch having lived in the gorgie area all my life been here 5yrs and I love it here all the shops pubs restaurant are all in a ten minute radius of each other as for a jambo pub I would say the railway was in here after 19th May and was heaving with jambos also the owner is a jt have been here a few times after getting of train after a game and a couple of gers buses pulling up never any bother with em but only stayed for a couple beers yes loads of gers smelic fans here could always ask the railway if we can use it for official jambo pub

Railway Tavern ( or "Steins" as it`s more commonly known) has been a jambo pub for over 30 years!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We see you ,we just dont like the look of you :bucktooth:

Golden circle you mean.

Unless the chinese have moved the Bathgate borders :bucktooth:

Aye that's what I meant, the Golden Swallow was visited frequently on the back shift.

Who are the ex players in wester inch? Not seen any kicking about.

Stevie Banks is next door to me and Andy Kirk is 3 doors up..................someone said Jamie Mac lives in here as well..?

Doctor FinnBarr

Whitehill Industrial Estate was always classed as Blackburn as was the Golden Swallow or whatever it is now. (From my days in the police when I worked Bathgate). The A7066 was the divide.

I always reckoned that Whitehill Industrial Estate was more Blackburn but the postal address is Bathgate.

I always reckoned that Whitehill Industrial Estate was more Blackburn but the postal address is Bathgate.

Aye but the postal address for Fauldhouse is Bathgate too ... Pisses me off no end!

I live in wester inch having lived in the gorgie area all my life been here 5yrs and I love it here all the shops pubs restaurant are all in a ten minute radius of each other as for a jambo pub I would say the railway was in here after 19th May and was heaving with jambos also the owner is a jt have been here a few times after getting of train after a game and a couple of gers buses pulling up never any bother with em but only stayed for a couple beers yes loads of gers smelic fans here could always ask the railway if we can use it for official jambo pub
I never knew there were so many Jambos in Wester Inch! Though I was the only one!

Quality seems like we could have a Wester Inch section never mind Bathgate.

Funnny thing is when I stayed in Wardlaw I was always at the game 10 minutes before kick off. Now I have moved and get here earlier my nephew is buzzing, seen Gowzer and got his picture taken with Lockey

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk

Quality seems like we could have a Wester Inch section never mind Bathgate.

Funnny thing is when I stayed in Wardlaw I was always at the game 10 minutes before kick off. Now I have moved and get here earlier my nephew is buzzing, seen Gowzer and got his picture taken with Lockey

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk

I drive in to the games so if anyone from Wester Inch ever needs a lift in let me know...

Doctor FinnBarr

Aye but the postal address for Fauldhouse is Bathgate too ... Pisses me off no end!

Point I was trying to make was that the address is Whitehill Industrial Estate, Bathgate, EH48. Blackburn is EH47

way out west jambo

im a Jambo in Bathgate. Livingston originally Bathgate now. There was a bus from steins years ago but don't think its there now.

If you were going to say there is a hearts pub, Steins/Railway Tavern is the best you'll get. No where near what you get in Diggers, tynie arms etc.

Richard Brittain: allegedly a jambo from Bathgate, but in reality not a supporter of any team and a fandan in any case.

Some delightful comments about the "Bathgate jambo" here.

Doctor FinnBarr

Yeah. As far as I'm aware they were built by Dutch miners about 100 years ago. When I first moved in it was a one bedroom cottage. Big rooms though. Over time we extended and ended up with a 3 bedroom cottage. Loved it there - good neighbours, quiet, big field at the back for our boy and a nice view of the 5 sisters. Just did as much as we could with the place and fancied a change.

Made inquireies today in the pub and it seems they were built by Dutch peat cutters who worked at Easter Inch moss, seems theres still a few dutch surnames in Seafield as well.

Interesting! I didn't know that. Cheers for asking around for more info.

Edit - apologies for not quoting your post biker jambo

Archived