Jambos in Bathgate

gorgiestars

Being Armadale born and bred and having lived in Bathgate for a few years but returned now to the Dale I feel qualified to say :

Nae decent Jambo pubs :( Railway the closest, Fairway was ok got that bus back in the day. I like godandgorgies summary very accurate.

Hard to find a pub in Armadale not full of Rangers fans. Do like the Corrie it's not too bad.

Corrie is a fantastic pub. Scott the owner is a good Jambo too. The pub sees a mix of fans however with both Rangers and Airdrie Supporters buses leaving from there.

When i'm not injured i play with the corrie football team :lol:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know Opal. If you are asking if it's me then no :lol:

I've met Opal a few times through my dad's work. The first time I couldn't understand him. Sorry Opal, if you're a kickbacker.

Gorgiestars is a prick btw.

:lol:

Aye very good craigieboy . For the record , I'm currently in yolo waiting to meet the family for a meal...with a Peroni...couldn't get more pretentious if tried!!! :-)

There used to be a Fairway hearts bus too, 80's and 90's. Still a few jambos drink in there.

You are quite correct, there are loads of Jambos in Bathgate - just not one pub dedicated though.

There used to be a lot of Hearts supporters in the Kaim Park.

I do like the Corrie in Armadale. Play the open mic night there on some Wednesdays. Got Jamie MacDonalds top on the wall (with a few other teams including Hibs) and a picture of the League cup winning squad from the 50's.

Nice wee pub.

kingantti1874

I think i know them all :lol:

I'm from Armadale but have moved to Bathgate in the last couple of years.

Apart from me?

WoolfordsHearts

Went on the Fairway bus many years ago as a teenager.

Olympic sprinter Elliot Bunney also got on this bus,usually gassed if i mind right.

Corrie is a fantastic pub. Scott the owner is a good Jambo too. The pub sees a mix of fans however with both Rangers and Airdrie Supporters buses leaving from there.

When i'm not injured i play with the corrie football team :lol:

Aye fond memories, as a teenager was my local and first stop on way into Bathgate on a weekend in the good old days when the lounge wasn't a hairdressers :(

Know a couple of the Airdrie boys and a few mates from Armadale Thistle use it. It's my local again as I moved from top end of Armadale to the bottom end recently but not been back in yet. Don't get out much :(

I just moved to Armadale, up near the station, after many years down in Manchester. A local chap told me I didn't live in Armadale and was pretty much in Whitburn. Not been to any of the pubs yet as I'm 27 minutes to Haymarket on the train.

Shanks said no

I just moved to Armadale, up near the station, after many years down in Manchester. A local chap told me I didn't live in Armadale and was pretty much in Whitburn. Not been to any of the pubs yet as I'm 27 minutes to Haymarket on the train.

A bit like the people who have bought houses in Wester Inch only to discover they are in Blackburn and not Bathgate as advertised

WoolfordsHearts

A bit like the people who have bought houses in Wester Inch only to discover they are in Blackburn and not Bathgate as advertised

We have this same problem with people that move to Tarbrax!

I'm a Wester Inch, Blackburn man now :lol:

Doctor FinnBarr

You'll be in Bathville then.

Wester Inch is a damn sight nearer to Bathgate than it is to Blackburn.

Wester Inch is a damn sight nearer to Bathgate than it is to Blackburn.

Yep. Never heard anyone say its in Blackburn!

What a soulless place the BMC area is :uhoh2:

It really is. Hundreds upon hundreds of flat packed houses. Great for a first time buyer like we were mind you

Doctor FinnBarr

It really is. Hundreds upon hundreds of flat packed houses. Great for a first time buyer like we were mind you

And its handy for Tesco for buying bulk spam!

Aye very good craigieboy . For the record , I'm currently in yolo waiting to meet the family for a meal...with a Peroni...couldn't get more pretentious if tried!!! :-)

:jjyay:

Helzi, don't listen to him, my mum was burn further up than you are now and she was a Dale girl 100%, the railway cottages no longer there but definately Armadale, you are part of the new Armadale metropolis and no way are you Whitburn (so don't panic :) ), in my mind that starts around the Royal Regent.

Charm Offensive?

Helzi, don't listen to him, my mum was burn further up than you are now and she was a Dale girl 100%, the railway cottages no longer there but definately Armadale, you are part of the new Armadale metropolis and no way are you Whitburn (so don't panic :) ), in my mind that starts around the Royal Regent.

Ah the Royal Regent....happy memories of there!

Shanks said no

Wester Inch comment came from a Bathgate girl who pointed out where the welcome to Bathgate sign was (by Tesco) hence she had decided everything past it was Blackburn, no offence mate my old man live in WI, he would lamp me if I said he stayed in Blackburn

Doctor FinnBarr

Wester Inch comment came from a Bathgate girl who pointed out where the welcome to Bathgate sign was (by Tesco) hence she had decided everything past it was Blackburn, no offence mate my old man live in WI, he would lamp me if I said he stayed in Blackburn

Anything north of the M8 is Bathgate. Bathgate Road, Blackburn stops at the M8 then turns into Blackburn Road, Bathgate after you cross the bridge.

Ta very much. I've read that they're going to rename the area around the station as Southdale. I don't much care. I'm handy for the train and ASDA is just along the way,

The person living near Armadale station is definitely in Armadale. I would say Whitburn ends at the Royal Regent or the Roadhouse as I still call it.

Wester Inch is definitely Bathgate even though the sign (with the penicillin reference) is closer to the Kaim Park roundabout.

I'm a Whitburn lad who moved to Blackburn and spent 14 years there in the Dutch Cottages (just before Seafield). Now in Bathgate a year and enjoying it. Don't understand why some on this thread are running it down.

Doctor FinnBarr

The person living near Armadale station is definitely in Armadale. I would say Whitburn ends at the Royal Regent or the Roadhouse as I still call it.

Wester Inch is definitely Bathgate even though the sign (with the penicillin reference) is closer to the Kaim Park roundabout.

I'm a Whitburn lad who moved to Blackburn and spent 14 years there in the Dutch Cottages (just before Seafield). Now in Bathgate a year and enjoying it. Don't understand why some on this thread are running it down.

Is that what you call the cottages opposite Redhouse farm?

Is that what you call the cottages opposite Redhouse farm?

Yeah. As far as I'm aware they were built by Dutch miners about 100 years ago. When I first moved in it was a one bedroom cottage. Big rooms though. Over time we extended and ended up with a 3 bedroom cottage. Loved it there - good neighbours, quiet, big field at the back for our boy and a nice view of the 5 sisters. Just did as much as we could with the place and fancied a change.

Doctor FinnBarr

Yeah. As far as I'm aware they were built by Dutch miners about 100 years ago. When I first moved in it was a one bedroom cottage. Big rooms though. Over time we extended and ended up with a 3 bedroom cottage. Loved it there - good neighbours, quiet, big field at the back for our boy and a nice view of the 5 sisters. Just did as much as we could with the place and fancied a change.

Never knew thats what they were called, just took a guess at your description

Never knew thats what they were called, just took a guess at your description

It was a Blackburn man who told me that's what they were called. All his family are Blackburn born too.

Wester inch ( where i live) is defo Bathgate! Is it **** Blackburn...closer to boghell ffs. Anyway there both old firm strongholds, full of the unwashed *******s

Didn't realise there were as many jambos through here, only time I ventured to the pub to watch a game was the 1-5 final. Watched it in kaim park and there was only a couple of other jambos there. I have spotted a couple of jambo scarfs/tops in wester inch mind

Didn't realise there were as many jambos through here, only time I ventured to the pub to watch a game was the 1-5 final. Watched it in kaim park and there was only a couple of other jambos there. I have spotted a couple of jambo scarfs/tops in wester inch mind

Does seem to be a few of us in here right enough....a couple of ex players as well...

I live in wester inch having lived in the gorgie area all my life been here 5yrs and I love it here all the shops pubs restaurant are all in a ten minute radius of each other as for a jambo pub I would say the railway was in here after 19th May and was heaving with jambos also the owner is a jt have been here a few times after getting of train after a game and a couple of gers buses pulling up never any bother with em but only stayed for a couple beers yes loads of gers smelic fans here could always ask the railway if we can use it for official jambo pub

I live in wester inch having lived in the gorgie area all my life been here 5yrs and I love it here all the shops pubs restaurant are all in a ten minute radius of each other as for a jambo pub I would say the railway was in here after 19th May and was heaving with jambos also the owner is a jt have been here a few times after getting of train after a game and a couple of gers buses pulling up never any bother with em but only stayed for a couple beers yes loads of gers smelic fans here could always ask the railway if we can use it for official jambo pub

Usually when Iam standing at Bathgate train station Iam the only one with a hearts scarf on then when the train gets to uphall and livi there's hundreds boarding thought I was the only jt here that gets the train

Anything north of the M8 is Bathgate. Bathgate Road, Blackburn stops at the M8 then turns into Blackburn Road, Bathgate after you cross the bridge.

Whitehill Industrial Estate was always classed as Blackburn as was the Golden Swallow or whatever it is now. (From my days in the police when I worked Bathgate). The A7066 was the divide.

Usually when Iam standing at Bathgate train station Iam the only one with a hearts scarf on then when the train gets to uphall and livi there's hundreds boarding thought I was the only jt here that gets the train

We see you ,we just dont like the look of you :bucktooth:

Whitehill Industrial Estate was always classed as Blackburn as was the Golden Swallow or whatever it is now. (From my days in the police when I worked Bathgate). The A7066 was the divide.

Golden circle you mean.

Unless the chinese have moved the Bathgate borders :bucktooth:

If it is an away game on the telly, tend to go to the Kaim Park with a couple of other Jambo's from Wester Inch.

Andy Kirk and Steve Banks have houses in Wester Inch.

Archived