Bar Jobs

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Anyone know of any bars looking for staff in Edinburgh?

Not the Marksman before anyone says! :)

Try all round the Grassmarket. They are always looking for staff (normally). Any particular part of town you want to work in? Is it just pubs or are nightclubs ok too?

Try all round the Grassmarket. They are always looking for staff (normally). Any particular part of town you want to work in? Is it just pubs or are nightclubs ok too?

In an ideal world somewhere around the shore would be good but it's not that vital.

I've not worked in a bar before, do you just go in and ask or what?!

Sawdust Caesar

In the good old days but now some of them want a cv. There are 2 Mexican style bars in town looking for bar staff and glass collectors, they have a notice on the doors saying bring in a cv when applying. Why would you need to hand in a cv to be a glass collector on minimum wage?

In an ideal world somewhere around the shore would be good but it's not that vital.

Sometimes thats best. If you dont ask, you dont get! Some ask for a CV but some do not necessarily advertise, so you might be able to get something on the off chance. There are enough bars down there, so go in and ask. Its around the time where they should know how many they need with students coming into town and the last of those here for the festival going.

I know a couple of guys that run bars down there and are pretty decent to work for, if you end up with one of them!

in the event of you being a lady woman with ample top-bollox action going on, do not get a job in a gorgie pub.... because you may very well find yourself the subject of 'i8hibsh' next jugs of the year awards thread. that would also seem to rule out cc blooms for you.

Say What Again

It's not advertised yet but the Ellwyn hotel will be looking for p/t staff but it's only 2 x shifts.

1 x school night and 1 x weekend night.

Miller Jambo 60

TBH bar jobs 6 pounds an hour at the most.

Try Tescos mate big company and 8 pounds an hour nights,

And no hastle.

never understand why anyone would want to work in a bar. hassle from drunks, noisy, awkward hours and keek pay. where is the plus points?

never understand why anyone would want to work in a bar. hassle from drunks, noisy, awkward hours and keek pay. where is the plus points?

Xmas2002_GrandpaHansCarolyn.JPG

Alan R on a Saturday night. :)

Staying in Edinburgh next mon + tues can anyone recommend any nice pubs around playhouse area hubby and i are late fortys cheers. Been to conan doyle and theatre bar pretty poor. Cheers.

chester copperpot
Staying in Edinburgh next mon + tues can anyone recommend any nice pubs around playhouse area hubby and i are late fortys cheers. Been to conan doyle and theatre bar pretty poor. Cheers.

CC Blooms right next to the playhouse is a cracking pub for those over 30. Make you feel very welcome and the atmosphere is great too.:)

Depending on where you work, it can also be a good laugh.

If you're in town in a sweaty pub or nightclub, it wouldn't be much fun, but in a nice wee local, you'd get a good craic with the punters and you get to meet all sorts of different people :rolleyes:

Sawdust Caesar

Depending on where you work, it can also be a good laugh.

If you're in town in a sweaty pub or nightclub, it wouldn't be much fun, but in a nice wee local, you'd get a good craic with the punters and you get to meet all sorts of different people :rolleyes:

I worked in the bars in The Playhouse, best job I've ever had. The pay was gash (pre minimum wage) but the hours were good, usually finished by 9:30. Drank more than the equivalent of my wages most nights, the female 'talent' was pretty darn good, plenty comp tickets to shows and invites to lavish opening night parties. Plus you got to see all the gigs. You did work hard though because there usually never enough staff but it was worth it for the perks.

cobbyshambles
CC Blooms right next to the playhouse is a cracking pub for those over 30. Make you feel very welcome and the atmosphere is great too.:)

i hear the bumming is too...:rolleyes::eek:

harry's bar in randolph terrace off the west end are looking for part time folk

Diggers have been looking for staff for a wee while.

They have filled a couple of vacancies but I'm sure thay are after more.

Regal Kingston

FAO Lady Hearts.

Joseph Pearce on Elm Row is a nice over 30's wine bar.

No TV or anything though but good. THe phoenix on Broughton Street is class and shows sport on two TV's.

Diggers have been looking for staff for a wee while.

They have filled a couple of vacancies but I'm sure thay are after more.

Anyone remember the blonde bird with the big jugs who used to work in Diggers?

FAO Lady Hearts.

Joseph Pearce on Elm Row is a nice over 30's wine bar.

No TV or anything though but good. THe phoenix on Broughton Street is class and shows sport on two TV's.

Pearces is class.... excellent range of rums.

Guest S.U.S.S.
in the event of you being a lady woman with ample top-bollox action going on, do not get a job in a gorgie pub.... because you may very well find yourself the subject of 'i8hibsh' next jugs of the year awards thread. that would also seem to rule out cc blooms for you.

Oh dear, mentioning a poster who has not posted on a thread.

Guest S.U.S.S.
what is your point? i happen to know the guy.

SO, you know him, do you want a blue peter badge?

My point is, its against the rules to name a poster that hasnt posted on the thread, i posted to bring it to your attention so you could change it an not fall foul of the mods. Now i couldnt care less.

How do you know him, do you drink in CCs together?

My point is, its against the rules to name a poster that hasnt posted on the thread, i posted to bring it to your attention so you could change it an not fall foul of the mods. Now i couldnt care less.

good lord. you seem like a nice fella. if only you had made clear your healtfelt concern for my relationship with the mods in your OP.

mod delete

Guest S.U.S.S.
good lord. you seem like a nice fella. if only you had made clear your healtfelt concern for my relationship with the mods in your OP.

mod delete

mod delete?

Wow thats hurtful, get a life sad act.

enjoy your infraction.

mod delete

enjoy your infraction.

ok king of kickback, i will.

what was it i did again? oh yes that's right... i mentioned someone's pseudo. hang me up by me knackers from south bridge.

Guest S.U.S.S.

what was it i did again? oh yes that's right... i mentioned someone's pseudo. hang me up by me knackers from south bridge.

I was trying to help, perhaps reading the rules may help.

King of kickback, not on your life, but i did learn one thing. Leave people to make their own mistakes on here.

If you cant read the rules pm a mod, im sure they will be able to read them to you.

You never answered how you know him nor why it would make any difference to the fact you mentioned him when he hadnt posted.

I was trying to help, perhaps reading the rules may help.

King of kickback, not on your life, but i did learn one thing. Leave people to make their own mistakes on here.

If you cant read the rules pm a mod, im sure they will be able to read them to you.

You never answered how you know him nor why it would make any difference to the fact you mentioned him when he hadnt posted.

you never asked that, nor did you make it clear you were "trying to help".

anyway, enough is enough.

tommythejambo

I work in the Sportsman is Musselburgh and quite enjoy it. Get a good laugh with the punters and can fit it around my Uni work.

However worked in the Mercat bar on Shandwick place for a while and hated it.

cobbyshambles
trumpet?

enjoy your infraction.

haven't we all had enought grief for one week following the ousting of a certain closet hibs supporter of 8 years?

Guest S.U.S.S.

you never asked that, nor did you make it clear you were "trying to help".

anyway, enough is enough.

Eh i did, last line.

But ur right, enough.

Eh i did, last line.

But ur right, enough.

mehhh you were right enough, 1 infraction point. i should not have called you a brass wind instrument, i am a silly sausage.

it's the pressure of the derby, don't you know. it does funny things.

Bonnie Prince Charlie

The Element in Rose Street were looking for staff a few weeks bar.

Miller Jambo 60

Thought i was , Sorry Prancer, I8 and JR that talks sense.

Guest S.U.S.S.
mehhh you were right enough, 1 infraction point. i should not have called you a brass wind instrument, i am a silly sausage.

it's the pressure of the derby, don't you know. it does funny things.

To be fair, i cant beny being what you may (or may not) have called me.

:)

1hooters.jpg

Do these guys have an Edinburgh branch?

;)

I'm definitely a massive tit but I can't compare to that! :eek:

Archived