EDDIE THOMPSON RIP

slfjambo

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thig Ar Latha

RIP Eddie.

A great football man who did'nt always get it right, but persevered till he did. One of the few football 'supporter' chairmen to gain the respect of everybody across the whole of football.

Every Team should have an Eddie Thompson type person in charge. Football would be the winner.

The guy was a real football man, I can't imagine anyone not having the deepest respect for Eddie Thompson.

I loved the way he stuck up for Craig Levein after they were shafted at Ibrox. He wasn't scared of anything or anyone.

RIP One of the greatest gentleman in Scottish football.

rest in peace Eddie Thompson. A truly passionate fan and an inspirational man. dundee utd were privilaged to have him on board. good luck to stephen and condolences to his family and many friends

RIP Eddie and condelences to the Thomson family.

You came across as a true footballing guy and it is very rare to see a chairman/fan of his club show so much passion.

Sad loss to Scottish Football

blondejamtart

Very sad news indeed - my thoughts go out to his family, especially his daughter. Unbelievable that she should lose her husband and father in the space of a couple of days.

Shame, one of football's decent guys - loved hearing him talk as he was as much a fan as chairman.

RIP Eddie.

Can't imagine how it feels to be that family...what an awful week... :sad:

Eddie is certainly a sad loss to Scottish football. He seemed like a true gent....someone who genuinely loved his club and was respected by his own supporters and also by many others too.

RIP Eddie....

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

R.I.P

It would have been a fitting send off had they won the league cup last year, I hope the ref who cheated them is feeling a bit sh*t today.

This is one case when a minutes silence/applause is absolutely perfect.

a quote from eddie thomson

"You can change your wife, your house, your car but you can never change your team. Chairmen come and go, boards come and go but the fans remain. They are the one true constant. I've just been a custodian of the club."

We could do with more like him

RIP

Miller Jambo 60
R.I.P Eddie. A very sad time for the Thomson family. My Thoughts go out to them.

So sad ,the guy loved his footie.

Always had time for him.

Hope his familly get strength from the tributes that will come within the next few days.

Dougie,Elaine, Mark and Lewis.

words cant explain how the family must be feeling right now my thoughts go out to them

RIP eddie

RIP Eddie. Thoughts are with his family, at least two of whom will continue working at DUFC with memories af Eddie all around them at what must be a horrible time.

There are too many people who run football clubs to draw attention to themselves; we can't afford to lose the ones who do it because they genuinely support the clubs and want them to do well.

Mr Thomson was one of the biggest examples of someone who did it for unselfish reasons. Scottish football will be much poorer for his loss and our thoughts go to his family at this sad time.

R.I.P. Eddie Thompson, thoroughly decent guy, and one of the old school, not many like him left.

Thoughts and condolences to his family, inparticularly his daughter.

Sexton Hardcastle

Rangers v Utd been called off on sat and will be mvoed toa later date.

A minutes applause before all the other SPL games this weekend.

Such a tragedy, especially after what happened to his son in law. Thoughts go out to his family, and everyone connected with Dundee United

He was a fan who was living the dream of running his own team, and was doing an incredible job of it. He always came across as a true gent.

RIP

Malcolm Tucker

What an absolutely devastating week it must have been for the Thomson family.

Extremely sad news, Rest in Peace Eddie.

Goldstone Wonder

terrible news on top of yesterday's news. Thoughts to his family,especially Justine.

always a jambo

RIP Eddie Thompson

Thoughts go out to friends and family especially with the loss of his son in law as well

RIP Mr. Thomson. You were the quintessential "one club man": that, of course, being Dundee United. From all the Jambos to you and your family at this most grief stricken and tragic of times.

Father Tiresias

Football is a sport which is being ruined on so many fronts.

It cannot afford to loose too many more good guys like Eddie Thompson.

Miller Jambo 60
Football is a sport which is being ruined on so many fronts.

It cannot afford to loose too many more good guys like Eddie Thompson.

Have asked the Mods to send our comments to UTD.

The least we can do .

Archived