EDDIE THOMPSON RIP

slfjambo

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

being based in Dundee, tannadice is awash with tributes...I'm going down later to put a hearts top in, it's the least I can do

Rest in peace Mr Thompson

being based in Dundee, tannadice is awash with tributes...I'm going down later to put a hearts top in, it's the least I can do

Nice thought, very genuine man who deserves our respect.

That would be a really nice gesture... :)

ToadKiller Dog

A real sad time for his family and friends my thoughts are with them,His ownership has left a good foundation at the club he loved .

RIP Eddie Thompson.

Just want to say a thank you to all the jambo's who have contributed to this thread from an Arab.

The game against you guy was the last ET attended, it was a fitting last game, and not a good one for yourselves, however football and results are put into perspective especially when you see the tragic week Eddie's daughter has had losing her husband and father in the space of days, i dont know how i'd cope if it was me in her shoes.

RIP Eddie, thanks for everything.

Just want to say a thank you to all the jambo's who have contributed to this thread from an Arab.

The game against you guy was the last ET attended, it was a fitting last game, and not a good one for yourselves, however football and results are put into perspective especially when you see the tragic week Eddie's daughter has had losing her husband and father in the space of days, i dont know how i'd cope if it was me in her shoes.

Football fans should, by and large, respect their own. He was an Arab through and through and loved his club. I would be surprised if there were any dissenting voices today.

Miller Jambo 60

Thanks for that bud.

Was at the game and munched 2 pies the best bye the way.

its a shame a tragic event brings us together.

Dougstar.

Guest juvehearts

Its been on the cards for ages still cant believe he is gone.

the scottish game wont be the same without this man

RIP Eddie.

Guest jambomickey

very sad news but at least he isn't suffering anymore! r.i.p eddie and my thoughts and prayers go to the thompson family at this hard time, god bless eddie an his family

Very sad news, though expected to some extent, that doesn't stop the pain for those left behind. One of the best chairman in football, showed how it should be done. Rest In Peace Eddie and good luck to his family.

rudi must stay

hopefully people take note of what he did at Utd. He did great things and not because of finance, because he genuinely loved the place. It's not often that happens in the game these days. RIP Eddie

Whitecapjambo

RIP Eddie,

In the last few years when our club has been a shambles he's shown everyone how a football club should be run.

Thoughts with family and friends.

It's a great pity that it is sad occasions such as this that brings football supporters of all teams together. R.I.P. Eddie

A real shame - Eddie was a real football man.

A mate of mine knows Justine and says she's as nice a person as you could hope to meet. She must be totally devastated - my sympathies are with her and her family.

Miller Jambo 60
A very sad loss. One of the last owners that was a genuine fan of the club. RIP.

Thanks guys and girls we have come out tops as a caring club.

He was once quoted as saying: "You can change your wife, your house, your car, but you can never change your team.

"Chairmen come and go, boards come and go, but the fans remain. They are the one true constant.

Pretty much sums it up. This man knew more than most. RIP...thoughts to his familly...

Our sincere condolences to the whole United family ... and the Thompsons in particular ...

RIP Eddie ... a man of integrity and courage

chester copperpot
Our sincere condolences to the whole United family ... and the Thompsons in particular ...

RIP Eddie ... a man of integrity and courage

What the piltonJ said.

Horrible week for the Thompson family.

A good guy who was full of support for his manager and his club, pretty amazing guy.

Not one for posting on these kind of threads, but Eddie was pretty amazing as a chairman and most importantly as an individual.

RIP.

On behalf of the management team at JKB, I would like to express condolences to the family and friends of Eddie Thompson and to his associates and colleagues at Dundee United.

May he rest in peace.

A Good man who loved his club. A great loss to the spl and Scottish football.

My thoughts to his family and all those at Dundee Utd.

RIP Eddie.

Archived