IT help

H.A.N.S

I have a wireless router in the livingroom. It's connected to the pc. When I have the Wireless LAN turned on with the laptop I can have an uninterrupted internet service anywhere in the house apart from the livingroom. When using it in there the screen goes blue says an error has occurred and restarts.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Tr changing the channel of the router.

It will probably be on 11, try 1 or 2.

11 is usually the same frequencies as microwaves or cordless telephones.

Tr changing the channel of the router.

It will probably be on 11, try 1 or 2.

11 is usually the same frequencies as microwaves or cordless telephones.

Thanks mate.

I am currently setting a record by changing the channel!

Touch wood!

Don't know if your Laptop is getting 'over-powered' by the wireless signal ( if that's even possible ? ) cos I've never heard of one restarting due to the wireless signal coming and going ?

Does your Desktop ( I assume that's the one actually connected to the router ? ) have any Bluetooth attachments on it ...or stuff like that ?

Maybe try the laptop in the Livingroom with the desktop switched off to see if the Laptop is getting 'confused' if it's perhaps receiving another signal of sorts

Totally Non scientific guess that :P

I have a wireless router in the livingroom. It's connected to the pc. When I have the Wireless LAN turned on with the laptop I can have an uninterrupted internet service anywhere in the house apart from the livingroom. When using it in there the screen goes blue says an error has occurred and restarts.

Thanks in advance.

sounds most likely a wifi driver instability... Linksys perchance ? ... try re-installing wifi drivers again

Don't know if your Laptop is getting 'over-powered' by the wireless signal ( if that's even possible ? ) cos I've never heard of one restarting due to the wireless signal coming and going ?

Does your Desktop ( I assume that's the one actually connected to the router ? ) have any Bluetooth attachments on it ...or stuff like that ?

Maybe try the laptop in the Livingroom with the desktop switched off to see if the Laptop is getting 'confused' if it's perhaps receiving another signal of sorts

Totally Non scientific guess that :P

You can actually get problems for the signal being too strong, but I can't see how that would make it restart.

You have any joy with switching the channels over?

Thanks in advance.

Click Start - Right Click My Computer - Click Properties - Click Advanced Tab - Click Settings - Uncheck "Automatically Restart".

This means it will just stay on the blue screen. The reason you want to do this is so you can get the STOP code. About 4 lines down, the blue screen will say STOP followed by letters and numbers - post them on here and that'l help diagnose the cause of the blue screen.

Archived