Is it time for a query system?

JamboGraham

A couple of seasons ago the SFA introduced the concept of "Whistleblower" on their own web site. This was welcomed by many in the game but in the end they ducked out of the major responses and really said nothing that added anything to the game. Now it is never updated as it is a waste of space.

However, after the Aberdeen game (the Miko penalty claim) I started thinking about how interesting a concept it would be to offer clubs the chance to "query" and get an official published response (after the ref has had a chance to view the incident if applicable).

It shouldn't be a free for all. However, maybe one or two queries a game would be reasonable. Therefore, on Saturday the ref could have been queried, by Hearts, on his view of the Miko debate and explain it in full. It would have been very interesting tonight.

Many might argue that this would achieve nothing but I feel that if our refs were aware that any call from any part of the game could require a full explanation later it may improve the standard. More so if this query is not made by their bosses or refs themselves.

Your thoughts?

Big ChipButty

It's a good idea but it will never happen, refs here are hopeless and I can't see them wanting to highlight all their mistakes in public, they prefer using the " I am not allowed to comment...".

Archived