Derby Tickets

The Merse

indeedy. i can see why he's got over 8,000 posts now, although i have no intention of reviewing them!!!

Good plan. It'd probably have the same effect as watching the video from "The Ring".

Are you incapable of admitting that Hearts have nothing to gain from exagerating ticket sales for an away game?

You are a complete and utter teapot of the highest order.

Rudolf says to Prancer. :)

Santa will be along in a minute.

Back to the OP's question - I have just been to buy one, and it is Row C - best they have left so there can't be many now.

that isn't to hearts BENEFIT though, all you've done is repeat the dross you posted before.

i can see now that you're incapable of understanding the point of the question, i'll spell it out for the hard-of-understanding...

hearts do not stand to make any money from selling more tickets, all proceeds go to hibs, therefore there would be no obvious reason for hearts indulging in exaggeration of ticket sales, which therefore begs another question... why would they do something like that for no apparent reason?

no wonder you get so much stick fella.

mate im afraid your wrong hearts have launched for whatever reason the most aggressive marketing job on these tickets that i have seen in years accompanyed with there usual bull**** methods of russelling up a crowd

first there was the nonsense of you'll only get one if you have this many points (oh really!!!!!) then there was the mailing and emailing to those that did not take there full allocation "your entitled to 2 more as a loyal customer "

then there was the public sale only 300 left (its always only 300 left when there trying to russle up sales )

as for why hearts are doing this they clearly feel taking a large away support to Easter road is a matter of honour in this they are quite correct never the less i severely doubt there will be any shortage of tickets for anyone with a spare 27 quid who want to go

mate im afraid your wrong hearts have launched for whatever reason the most aggressive marketing job on these tickets that i have seen in years accompanyed with there usual bull**** methods of russelling up a crowd

first there was the nonsense of you'll only get one if you have this many points (oh really!!!!!) then there was the mailing and emailing to those that did not take there full allocation "your entitled to 2 more as a loyal customer "

then there was the public sale only 300 left (its always only 300 left when there trying to russle up sales )

as for why hearts are doing this they clearly feel taking a large away support to Easter road is a matter of honour in this they are quite correct never the less i severely doubt there will be any shortage of tickets for anyone with a spare 27 quid who want to go

Yeah that was the sore bit.

so so wrong my friend.

Less than 200 no available and all in front few rows, be nothing left by Wed afternoon!

so so wrong my friend.

Less than 200 no available and all in front few rows, be nothing left by Wed afternoon!

source :):):):):)

If Prancer posted that it was raining I'd reach for my sunglasses and Factor 30.

I bought my tickets just after they announced that they'd sold the first 3000 and I ended up with Row G which is roughly where you'd expect.

I just checked on Ticketmaster and it's now not giving any choice of seats you'll just get what you're given

It's clearly heading in the direction of a sell out (or damn close at least) and the original poster would be well advised to get their tickets sorted sooner rather than later if they don't want to be in row A

Are you actually incapble of reading

For the third time, it may encourage those who are unsure or swaying as to whether attend to buy now as they may not otherwise get one.

I think I have made my points quite clear in this thread

1) I dont believe hearts have sold 3500 tickets at this time

2) They release the info to try and rush along sales

3) The final tally is likely to be between 3k-3.5k

4) There will be tickets available until the end of the week

5) There isnt necessary anything wrong with the club doing this

6) That the whole myth everytime there is a derby that the tickets are rare or hard to come by is exactly that a myth

7) only 1 game in the last 5 years has seen a major shortage of tickets

8) I will decide if Im attending nearer the time

I dont think there is much point in me posting any further in this thread as I am just repeating myself, maybe I will be proven wrong, we will soon see

I could be wrong but I thought that the away team is liable to pay for the number of tickets requested?

e.g. If we ask for 4000, we have to pay for 4000 even if we only sell 3000?

We could ask for less but, for various reasons, I doubt we'd ever do that.

Maybe that's why Hearts are keen to sell them?

It's clearly heading in the direction of a sell out (or damn close at least) and the original poster would be well advised to get their tickets sorted sooner rather than later if they don't want to be in row A

I tried to get 5 tickets last week but they would only give me 4 as per the instructions.

My brother went into the ticket office on Friday to swap tickets to get our 5th one and they said if we wanted to swap and all sit together the could only give us row A. The girl did eventually find 5 seats in row D but still mighty near the front and in my opinion heading for a sell-out (that was as at Friday lunchtime).

how dare you sir??? vic is always right...

oh christ!!! some of it has rubbed off.

Hearts have full allocation of 3,800 seats.

My mate works in the Hibs TO and they get daily updates from us on numbers sold and revenue.

Less than 200 left, so sales are 3,600+

Hearts have full allocation of 3,800 seats.

My mate works in the Hibs TO and they get daily updates from us on numbers sold and revenue.

Less than 200 left, so sales are 3,600+

Seems fair enough.

Back to the main discussion, why would hearts lie about the amount of tickets sold? :rolleyes: Exactly! They won't!

While they seem to be putting more updates on the Website than usual the fact that they didn't bother opening the Ticket office on Saturday suggests that they're not marketing these tickets quite so aggresively as you suggest.

ToadKiller Dog
I fully expect there to be tickets on sale up until when the TO closes next saturday, maybe even later through booths at ER.

Well the club say 150 approx left ,i wonder who will be correct then hearts or the dancing reindeer?

Sexton Hardcastle

Christophe Berra today revealed his delight after Hearts advised supporters that there are only 150 tickets left for the forthcoming Edinburgh derby against Hibs on Sunday at Easter Road Stadium - and that an 'away end' sell out is now certain!

Hopefully shut that idiot up.

Was in getting a couple of tickets today and there is only rows A & B left.

Sold out by Wednesday i suspect.

I'll need to go tomorrow then. Was planning on going today but horribly hungover, I live in Gorgie and couldn't even make it to the TO. Poor performance.

I heard that Romanov was so worried about advance ticket sales that he personally pledged 1800 tickets to Hibs fans providing they act no worse than your average whinging-faced JKB detractor on the day; so as not to get spotted.

The OP is spot on. 2K Hearts fans maximum.

The problem now is that although down to 150 tickets, we're down to 150 crap tickets (front row, at ER, with no view). So anyone who's onthe swither will probably opt for the pub. :107years:

The problem now is that although down to 150 tickets, we're down to 150 crap tickets (front row, at ER, with no view). So anyone who's onthe swither will probably opt for the pub. :107years:

I don't know eric I think the front row at ER is ok, you still get a good perspective on the game. We're in row D so will have a little bit of elevation.

What's likely to be more of a problem for people is the 150 tickets are likely to be singles only or maybe pairs together at the most. If a group of 5 or 6 are looking to sit together they're likely to be disappointed.

Francis Albert
Call me cynical....................

But I do not believe for one minute that we have sold 3500 tickets..more spin from the masters of spin...

and BTT

Archived