Derby Tickets

The Merse

Is there still any left?

Had a bit of a mix-up with a mate and I thought I had a ticket but I don't...

It won't be sold out and won't sell out

Ginger God Is Back

Call me cynical....................

But I do not believe for one minute that we have sold 3500 tickets..more spin from the masters of spin...

Call me cynical....................

But I do not believe for one minute that we have sold 3500 tickets..more spin from the masters of spin...

Quite right

Allegedly excellent sales but we have only sold 500 in a week and half

I reckon the real figure will be far more likely 2-2500

I expect hibees in fancy dress in our end

How do you "reckon" this?

By the fact the club are desperatly trying to sell them, speaking to people and the general empathy among our fans

attendences where down to about 3k last season at ER and I fully expect another drop

People dont want to watch audrey or ivaskevicius at centre half just to keep tango tv happy

By the fact the club are desperatly trying to sell them, speaking to people and the general empathy among our fans

attendences where down to about 3k last season at ER and I fully expect another drop

People dont want to watch audrey or ivaskevicius at centre half just to keep tango tv happy

all well and good conspiracy theory, but what purpose does it serve? what have hearts to gain from it?

all well and good conspiracy theory, but what purpose does it serve? what have hearts to gain from it?

Someone is going to look stupid in either Hearts or Prancer.

As a season ticket holder, had I not been forced to wait till a public sale I may have got mine straight away, however with our performances against Utd and Kilmarnock I thought about it. At least now I will be able to drink my way through the match, I think I will need the alcohol!

Quite right

Allegedly excellent sales but we have only sold 500 in a week and half

I reckon the real figure will be far more likely 2-2500

I expect hibees in fancy dress in our end

See when you end up with egg on your face (again) i hope it is raw.

:P

ToadKiller Dog

I am just glad nobody looked stupid over the chathams conspiracy.

well... there has been no rush to establish that it's hearts.

so......

portobellojambo1
It won't be sold out and won't sell out

How the feck do you get a typing stutter.

hearts have claimed this about derby for years, the whole hype about derby tickets being hard to get is a complete myth

In the past 5 years there has only been 1 game where there has been any sort of wide spread sstruggle to get them

Hearts where still trying to sell the waiting list for ST's not that long ago

Whenever I see a figure from the club I always automatically know 500-1000 off it minimum

hearts have claimed this about derby for years, the whole hype about derby tickets being hard to get is a complete myth

In the past 5 years there has only been 1 game where there has been any sort of wide spread sstruggle to get them

Hearts where still trying to sell the waiting list for ST's not that long ago

Whenever I see a figure from the club I always automatically know 500-1000 off it minimum

So if Prancer is correct then we can expect Hibs to say thank you very much for the money for 2500 tickets -- PS WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER 1000 YOU CLAIMED HAD BEEN SOLD -- COULD WE HAVE THE MONEY PLEASE ?

As in the majority of his comments utter crap with no factual basis and no admission of wrong.

Just a though by why has he not been outed as a hobo so far -- he seems to be the poster who causes the most damage between fans on this board.:rolleyes:

A week to go and if we have sold around 3500 tickets i'll be quite confident we will sell out and if we don't who cares as long as we win. I cant wait.:)

Doctor FinnBarr
So if Prancer is correct then we can expect Hibs to say thank you very much for the money for 2500 tickets -- PS WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER 1000 YOU CLAIMED HAD BEEN SOLD -- COULD WE HAVE THE MONEY PLEASE ?

As in the majority of his comments utter crap with no factual basis and no admission of wrong.

Just a though by why has he not been outed as a hobo so far -- he seems to be the poster who causes the most damage between fans on this board.:rolleyes:

Behave! You can't call the Reindeer a Hobo, he'll grass you up to the mods.

But your right, the amount of trouble he causes he is without a doubt someone from smackandspoon.com

:107years::hobofish:

Behave! You can't call the Reindeer a Hobo, he'll grass you up to the mods.

But your right, the amount of trouble he causes he is without a doubt someone from smackandspoon.com

:107years::hobofish:

Wow I wish I was intelligent as you....

Oh I dont agree so your a hobo/smackhead. You demonstrate the exact point I was trying to make in the thread about smilies.

As I have said the whole thing about Hibs tickets being rare or hard to come by is a myth. In the past 5 years there has only been one game where there was a real shortage and many times there has been massive gaps and sadly attendences and general attitude so far this season suggest this is another.

Our club does have a tendency to exaggerate the numbers sold etc, is this a bad thing? no as it may encourage people on the edges of whether to go to get their arses in gear but I doubt we are looking at a sell out

that aside the atmosphere at ER is always brillant and I dont think it will be any different this time.

Oh I dont agree so your a hobo/smackhead. You demonstrate the exact point I was trying to make in the thread about smilies.

As I have said the whole thing about Hibs tickets being rare or hard to come by is a myth. In the past 5 years there has only been one game where there was a real shortage and many times there has been massive gaps and sadly attendences and general attitude so far this season suggest this is another.

Our club does have a tendency to exaggerate the numbers sold etc, is this a bad thing? no as it may encourage people on the edges of whether to go to get their arses in gear but I doubt we are looking at a sell out

that aside the atmosphere at ER is always brillant and I dont think it will be any different this time.

...and you'll be there?

Guest jambomickey

i've no doubt the hearts end at easter road will be sold out next week!

would you like to answer the questions asked earlier... what purpose would the "exaggeration" serve? and... what do hearts have to gain from it?

perhaps you'll just continue to be a total plum and sidestep them again.

Tickets left?

I've got the week off so might just look into going...

Was thinking the same!

Iv been away for a few weeks and assumed all the tickets would be sold, think a wee trip down to tynecaste could be in order!

would you like to answer the questions asked earlier... what purpose would the "exaggeration" serve? and... what do hearts have to gain from it?

perhaps you'll just continue to be a total plum and sidestep them again.

It may encourge people who are sitting it out and thinking about it to put the cash out because they think they have too choose now.

A lot of people don't make their decisions up until nearer the time and this can be influenced by other factors, hearts like any other business prefer guarenteed business and if they can pursuade people there is a need to choose now they will.

I fully expect there to be tickets on sale up until when the TO closes next saturday, maybe even later through booths at ER.

Maybe I will be proven wrong but I cannot see us selling all 3800 tickets and reckon 3-3.5k is a more likely figure

Guest jambomickey
I dont give a flying **** if theres only 100 there,im going and its those who are not there that will lose out!

spot on eggo mate.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
It may encourge people who are sitting it out and thinking about it to put the cash out because they think they have too choose now.

A lot of people don't make their decisions up until nearer the time and this can be influenced by other factors, hearts like any other business prefer guarenteed business and if they can pursuade people there is a need to choose now they will.

I fully expect there to be tickets on sale up until when the TO closes next saturday, maybe even later through booths at ER.

Maybe I will be proven wrong but I cannot see us selling all 3800 tickets and reckon 3-3.5k is a more likely figure

Thought it would be 2-2.5k?

You slaver some pish I'll tell you.

let us try again, shall we?

what do hearts have to GAIN from it?

But....will you be attending?

Thought it would be 2-2.5k?

You slaver some pish I'll tell you.

I said thats more likely the current figure sold and I think it probably is, and to the other poster as just said by creating the illusion tickets are in short supply they encourage more people to buy quicker

We hear the same thing about every derby being sold out and hardly any tickets left and on most occasions there will be tickets available right up until the day without too much effort.

Is it wrong the club want to try and encourage quicker sales and such? no but I do think their is slight exaggeration on the number of tickets already sold, we will see though, if there is only 300 left I fully expect there to be a sell out announcement tomorrow or tuesday

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
I said thats more likely the current figure sold and I think it probably is, and to the other poster as just said by creating the illusion tickets are in short supply they encourage more people to buy quicker

We hear the same thing about every derby being sold out and hardly any tickets left and on most occasions there will be tickets available right up until the day without too much effort.

Is it wrong the club want to try and encourage quicker sales and such? no but I do think their is slight exaggeration on the number of tickets already sold, we will see though, if there is only 300 left I fully expect there to be a sell out announcement tomorrow or tuesday

Covering your tracks, yes?

Why the feck would the club announce a sell out if 300 tickets were left?!

Do you read what you type before you post it mate? Serious question.

A slight exageration! you claiming we have sold 1500 tickets less than the figure we released on the website. It sounds like you don't even believe what you are saying you just don't want to admit you could be wrong. Are u going to the game Prancer? I would love to sit near you while you count how many empty seats are. It sounds like you would there rather do that than watch the game. FTH.:107years:

Covering your tracks, yes?

Why the feck would the club announce a sell out if 300 tickets were left?!

Do you read what you type before you post it mate? Serious question.

Well because if there is 300 tickets people will buy them and I doubt 300 tickets will last beyond tomorrow and tuesday

As for whether I am attending, I will decide nearer the time as I have with every game this season, I have no concerns at all that I will be able to stroll up and get a ticket on saturday if I decide to attend. However after sinking 40 quid to watch that pish at tannadice 2 weeks ago a sunday afternoon in the pub spending a fraction of the cost seems far more appealing

4th time's a charm???

what GAIN or BENEFIT would hearts get from selling more tickets for the game, more than they would have sold without exaggerating the sales to date?

i'll give you a clue... the actual correct answer is NONE, however do feel free to supply an alternative answer of your own choosing, sometime before we are all dead.

4th time's a charm???

what GAIN or BENEFIT would hearts get from selling more tickets for the game, more than they would have sold without exaggerating the sales to date?

i'll give you a clue... the actual correct answer is NONE, however do feel free to supply an alternative answer of your own choosing, sometime before we are all dead.

Are you actually incapble of reading

For the third time, it may encourage those who are unsure or swaying as to whether attend to buy now as they may not otherwise get one.

I think I have made my points quite clear in this thread

1) I dont believe hearts have sold 3500 tickets at this time

2) They release the info to try and rush along sales

3) The final tally is likely to be between 3k-3.5k

4) There will be tickets available until the end of the week

5) There isnt necessary anything wrong with the club doing this

6) That the whole myth everytime there is a derby that the tickets are rare or hard to come by is exactly that a myth

7) only 1 game in the last 5 years has seen a major shortage of tickets

8) I will decide if Im attending nearer the time

I dont think there is much point in me posting any further in this thread as I am just repeating myself, maybe I will be proven wrong, we will soon see

When I bought my ticket on Friday I was told the only available seats were rows A- E at the front, which means I will reluctantly be in the 5TH row, with a snails eye view of the action.

For the third time, it may encourage those who are unsure or swaying as to whether attend to buy now as they may not otherwise get one.

6) That the whole myth everytime there is a derby that the tickets are rare or hard to come by is exactly that a myth

I dont think there is much point in me posting any further in this thread as I am just repeating myself, maybe I will be proven wrong, we will soon see

that isn't to hearts BENEFIT though, all you've done is repeat the dross you posted before.

i can see now that you're incapable of understanding the point of the question, i'll spell it out for the hard-of-understanding...

hearts do not stand to make any money from selling more tickets, all proceeds go to hibs, therefore there would be no obvious reason for hearts indulging in exaggeration of ticket sales, which therefore begs another question... why would they do something like that for no apparent reason?

no wonder you get so much stick fella.

Never stopped you before:eek:

I think I have made my points quite clear in this thread -

1) I dont believe hearts have sold 3,500 tickets at this time.

2) They release the info to try and rush along sales.

3) The final tally is likely to be between 3k-3.5k.

4) There will be tickets available until the end of the week.

5) There isn't necessarily anything wrong with the club doing this.

6) The whole myth that every time there is a derby, tickets for the match are rare or hard to come by is exactly that - a myth.

7) Only 1 game in the last 5 years has seen a major shortage of tickets.

8) I will decide if Im attending nearer the time.

I dont think there is much point in me posting any further in this thread as I am just repeating myself, maybe I will be proven wrong, we will soon see.

Fixed it a bit. For those that are "incapble" of reading. No need to thank me..... :)

4th time's a charm???

Mate, while Prancers talking pish, I don't agree with what you're saying.

The club would benefit from exaggerating ticket sales as it perceives their is more interest in the team than there might actually be at the moment. This could hurry people to buy a ticket for the game, obviously the club would profit from the small admin fee on each ticket.

Also, this affects ticket sales for upcoming matches, We have Celtic and Aberdeen at home shortly, so non S/T holders might purchase a ticket sooner to avoid 'missing out'.

It's basic PR/marketing/sales/whatever.

We're off the back of two bad results so I could understand why the club might do this.

Doctor FinnBarr
that isn't to hearts BENEFIT though,* all you've done is repeat the dross you posted before.i can see now that you're incapable of understanding the point of the question,* i'll spell it out for the hard-of-understanding...hearts do not stand to make any money from selling more tickets,* all proceeds go to hibs,* therefore there would be no obvious reason for hearts indulging in exaggeration of ticket sales,* which therefore begs another question... why would they do something like that for no apparent reason?no wonder you get so much stick fella.
DO NOT fall into the trap of letting the Reindeer wind you up ! Its his job, trying to whittle down the amount of posters on here.

:107years:

Are you incapable of admitting that Hearts have nothing to gain from exagerating ticket sales for an away game?

You are a complete and utter teapot of the highest order.

Mate, while Prancers talking pish, I don't agree with what you're saying.

The club would benefit from exaggerating ticket sales as it perceives their is more interest in the team than there might actually be at the moment. This could hurry people to buy a ticket for the game, obviously the club would profit from the small admin fee on each ticket.

Also, this affects ticket sales for upcoming matches, We have Celtic and Aberdeen at home shortly, so non S/T holders might purchase a ticket sooner to avoid 'missing out'.

It's basic PR/marketing/sales/whatever.

We're off the back of two bad results so I could understand why the club might do this.

disagreement is not a problem, at least you've argued the point in a rational way, putting forward your feasible view as to how it would actually benefit us.

i happen to think that's a bit tenuous so we will have to agree to disagree, but it's refreshing to have a normal conversation for once.

DO NOT fall into the trap of letting the Reindeer wind you up ! Its his job, trying to whittle down the amount of posters on here.

:107years:

indeedy. i can see why he's got over 8,000 posts now, although i have no intention of reviewing them!!!

Archived