Scotland V Norway official thread

Lt.Speirs

We need to go to a 4 4 2 faddy is shi. as a main striker, stick him in behind a main striker and that's a different storey i hate this 4 5 1 formation

Brutal stuff so far. Tactics once more have been shocking.

One upfront in football should be universally banned. Having sat through Scotland and Hearts attempt at it this season, I don't know who is worse. Get Morrison off, get a striker on and let's go 4-4-2.

Pretty obvious what Norway's tactics are - long, over the top or ping it down the channels. I do think we have tried to play more football but haven't created a lot. We really could use a taller striker (although not to just chuck long balls at).

We need to cut out the over the top long balls from Norway by playing a higher line of defence to play them offside more often. Not sure how to change our lack of inspiration in the box - perhaps get McFadden and Maloney to come inside more, try to draw fouls or mistakes from their defenders?

rudi must stay
i still dont know why berra isnt in instead of weir.

weir will cost us in the second half.

can't agree with that. Weir has been superb so far imo

the stone rose
Is Iwelumo the first black guy to play for Scotland?

Quashie has played. don't know of anyone else

the stone rose

i hope Iwelumo scores the winner to make up for the miss. He is a player i have rated for for a few years now and think he has a lot to offer.

tommythejambo
It's not as if they look different though - easy mistake to make :laugh:

To be fair I did shout: "You useless Hibee ****er!"

Two tall guys, with skinheads, up front, and in a certain light...

To be fair I did shout: "You useless Hibee ****er!"

Two tall guys, with skinheads, up front, and in a certain light...

Not as bad as my mate who confused Graham Weir and Mark de Vries once, I suppose.

The Mighty Thor

what's the point of maloney. He's done **** all the whole game. Playing left wig and cuts inside onto his right foot......Sir George must still be half jaked after taking Faddy off while leaving this joker on.

what's the point of maloney. He's done **** all the whole game. Playing left wig and cuts inside onto his right foot......Sir George must still be half jaked after taking Faddy off while leaving this joker on.

I think that was the point!

C'mon Scotland!!

Erm, it was Iwelumo.

:rolleyes:

LOL, got carried away assuming it was the useless Fletcher that would be at fault. I'm afraid it takes several beers to suffer watching Scotland - my excuse anyway.

i hope Iwelumo scores the winner to make up for the miss. He is a player i have rated for for a few years now and think he has a lot to offer.

Offer what exactly? The worst miss ive ever seen in my life. An embarrassment. Scotland dont get many chances so its imperative that when we do there is a player capable of taking it.

Though in fairness a 5 year old would have scored that. Disgrace.

Offer what exactly? The worst miss ive ever seen in my life. An embarrassment. Scotland dont get many chances so its imperative that when we do there is a player capable of taking it.

Though in fairness a 5 year old would have scored that. Disgrace.

My wife said that same thing.

I think he was a bit over-confident and that made him sloppy with it.

Massive mistake but we shouldn't rate him on that alone, otherwise looked ok on his debut (apart from his other chance but Fletcher was the same)

Fletcher and Iwelumo must be the worst double substitution any manager has ever made.

What did either of them contribute?

Burley should be the one that carries the can for those shocking decisions.

Massive mistake but we shouldn't rate him on that alone, otherwise looked ok on his debut (apart from his other chance but Fletcher was the same)

Exactly, made a difference when he came on. Dunno how he missed, but caused problems for the Norway defence.

Malinga the Swinga

What it Burley on. Apart from that miss, we never really looked like scoring. Fletcher is better up front that McFadden, and I don't mind him going off, but why does Maloney get to stay on when Boyd scores goals. He does nothing much outside the box, but he scores goals and that is what we needed to do.

In addition, Weir and Cladwell are bomb scares, but at least Caldwell makes some last ditch tackles. Weir is finished, kaput and should be sent to a retirement home. Norway could easily have won that game at the end, as we kept jumping early and going under the ball.

Ps Elliott or Mole would have scored from 2 yards out.

Why not rate him on it? It has cost us the game. Strikers are there to score goals.

Big mistake of Keegan proportions by Burley. Taking off McFadden for that donkey was criminal. I always suspected Burley wasnt as smart as peeps think - he struck it lucky with us but that is all. Fire him.

Why not rate him on it? It has cost us the game. Strikers are there to score goals.

TBH Burley cost us the game as much as any player, you can never rate any player on their first game for any team. Otherwise Hans Eskilsson is the greatest striker ever.

(and I think Burley is a good manager btw)

Team seemed too casual until Fletcher and Iwelumo came on. Midfield was far too light. I thought we showed a bit more after they came on.

Broadfoot and Caldwell are unbelievably offensively bad footballers.

rudi must stay
Fletcher and Iwelumo must be the worst double substitution any manager has ever made.

What did either of them contribute?

Burley should be the one that carries the can for those shocking decisions.

we looked far more lively when they came on imo. Iwelumo may have missed that chance but he did more than McFadden did

Team seemed too casual until Fletcher and Iwelumo came on. Midfield was far too light. I thought we showed a bit more after they came on.

Broadfoot and Caldwell are unbelievably offensively bad footballers.

I think they are both quite offensive actually.

Jambof3tornado

Burley was lucky with us,he is clearly out of his depth and needs replacing ASAP,we were going to struggle to qualify and now its never gonna happen.Time for a new man to take over. 1 up front at home is unforgiveable,I hate to see it at hearts and I hate to see it in the national team too.

Archived