Out of buisness by the end of the week??

lewis2006

Just had a text from my sis who works for a major solicitors in town saying "have you heard"

waiting to hear more will keep you posted

I just hope its not what I think it might be

Keep the faith!!

So you have phoned her to find out yeah? Or do you just like suspense?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The OP was slagging off people like the DR and Hobos who makes stories out of nothing. The thread title is ironic.

aye I got my threads mixed up! Friday = KB day. Too many open windows!

Has anyone been near the stadium in the last hour or so or can anyone get there soon?

I got a text from a mate to say that there were loads of reporters heading there and that there was a bit commotion going on.

I'm going to try and leave work now and head along there.

So you have phoned her to find out yeah? Or do you just like suspense?

Just heard from her again

Administrator from her office just been appointed

firm called

HBJ -G IN Edinburgh

I fekkin hope she is talking pesh

ToadKiller Dog
Just had a text from my sis who works for a major solicitors in town saying "have you heard"

waiting to hear more will keep you posted

I just hope its not what I think it might be

Keep the faith!!

4PM on a Friday major solicitors would most likely be in the pub or heading to the pub.Drunks the lot of them.

IJ knows someone down there - it's dead. No one there, nothing going on. It's all nonsense KL. Malicious nonsense,

These rumours were starting to make me fear the worst.

Good news.

Having just come back from 2 weeks in Turkey I haven't the foggiest whats meant to be happening. Theres nowt I noticed in the papers today so could someone explain whats meant to be going on without me trawling thro 2 weeks worth of threads?

:107years:

I'll try and summarise

Hearts missed a pay run for technical reasons which aren't quite clear but probably involve not getting money from Lithuania into the clubs HBOS account soon enough and HBOS not being willing to extend the overdraft to cover it.

This led to lots of hobo wishfull thinking and Jambo panic that the club was going into administration.

The official club statement described it as a technical hitch which was greeted with a chorus of "But they would say that" from certain other quarters.

Some other people pointed out that we could probable only really go into serious trouble if UBIG had folded in the credit crunch so lots of other people set out to convince themselves and others that this was what was going on but, while they were generally able to demonstrate that it could possibly happen, evidence that it was actually happening was conspiuous by it's absence.

Nonetheless a rumour spread like wildfire last Friday saying that there had been mass sackings at Tynecastle (Ogilvie, southern etc..) and that Hearts were going to go into adminstration and take the 10 point penalty. This turned out to be utter tosh but scared a lot of people who should know better (myself included).

Hearts then paid the missing weeks wages along with the pay run for the following week and everybody calmed down although lots of people remained a bit spooked even after statements from UBIG and the Lithuanian central bank.

Then one gimp, having missed the fun, returned from absence with the exclusive that Chathams had dropped their deal with Hearts because they didn't like the way that Vlad was destroying the club. In the prevalent atmosphere this was viewed by many as proof that that the business community expected Hearts to go into administration soon.

A little later Hearts announced that they had in fact switched to a deal with Citroen and the aforementioned gimp was left looking like a right arse and resorted to the old chestnut of accusing people of being paid by Vlad to argue against his position.

This week it looks as if somebody is floating last weeks administration rumour again but this time nobody's biting.

Expect to hear this most Fridays from here on in

HBJ Gately Waring are Hearts sols

So does that mean they cannot be administrators,my legal expertise is boll0cks.

Just heard from her again lads

Its kosher

Her firm are not doing the admin just some of the legal work

What a bast--d

Doctor FinnBarr
I'll try and summarise

Hearts missed a pay run for technical reasons which aren't quite clear but probably involve not getting money from Lithuania into the clubs HBOS account soon enough and HBOS not being willing to extend the overdraft to cover it.

This led to lots of hobo wishfull thinking and Jambo panic that the club was going into administration.

The official club statement described it as a technical hitch which was greeted with a chorus of "But they would say that" from certain other quarters.

Some other people pointed out that we could probable only really go into serious trouble if UBIG had folded in the credit crunch so lots of other people set out to convince themselves and others that this was what was going on but, while they were generally able to demonstrate that it could possibly happen, evidence that it was actually happening was conspiuous by it's absence.

Nonetheless a rumour spread like wildfire last Friday saying that there had been mass sackings at Tynecastle (Ogilvie, southern etc..) and that Hearts were going to go into adminstration and take the 10 point penalty. This turned out to be utter tosh but scared a lot of people who should know better (myself included).

Hearts then paid the missing weeks wages along with the pay run for the following week and everybody calmed down although lots of people remained a bit spooked even after statements from UBIG and the Lithuanian central bank.

Then one gimp, having missed the fun, returned from absence with the exclusive that Chathams had dropped their deal with Hearts because they didn't like the way that Vlad was destroying the club. In the prevalent atmosphere this was viewed by many as proof that that the business community expected Hearts to go into administration soon.

A little later Hearts announced that they had in fact switched to a deal with Citroen and the aforementioned gimp was left looking like a right arse and resorted to the old chestnut of accusing people of being paid by Vlad to argue against his position.

This week it looks as if somebody is floating last weeks administration rumour again but this time nobody's biting.

So in effect, this will become the new Friday Joke thread?

I'll try and summarise

I wish your entire post would appear on the back of the DR tomorrow morning. All this admin/gates locked/hearsay bollox is really starting to get on my teets. The fact that some normally sensible posters on here are also starting to believe some of the *****e is proof that most folk subscribe to the 'no smoke without fire' school of reasoning. Erses.

Art Vanderlay
So in effect, this will become the new Friday Joke thread?

One of the most random extra 'h''s in a word ever.

-edit- Ha! You edited your typo! Good boy.

Oh dear

A story went along the lines once as follows.

There was a guy in new york standing motionless at the bottom of a sky scraper looking up towards the top of the building. He just stood and looked and looked. Somebody walking past clocked this and stopped and looked too, then another, and another

Within around 10 minutes there was a group of around 50 to 100 people all straining to see what the guy was looking at

Transpired he just had a "crick" in his neck and that was the only angle he could hold his head at.

So, people say we are going bust there are police and press at Tynie, so people in the locale start pitching up to see what is happening. etc. but there is sod all to see. This is my hope

That said, I feel somewhat sick.

Administrators do not just land in a helicopter at the site of their target, there would be legals to deal with first, and it would likely happen in and around the offices of their own solicitors

Given that lawyers are genuinely intelligent chaps (cough....) they would know precisely the process ongoing if they worked for the firm in question

So unless this is wind-up of the century, and there is some Hobo lawyer partner going around, and from various things on this thread and other things....as I started, oh dear

Oh dear

There was a guy in new york standing motionless at the bottom of a sky scraper looking up towards the top of the building. He just stood and looked and looked. Somebody walking past clocked this and stopped and looked too, then another, and another

Within around 10 minutes there was a group of around 50 to 100 people all straining to see what the guy was looking at

Transpired he just had a "crick" in his neck and that was the only angle he could hold his head at.

So, people say we are going bust there are police and press at Tynie, so people in the locale start pitching up to see what is happening. etc. but there is sod all to see. This is my hope

Administrators do not just land in a helicopter at the site of their target, there would be legals to deal with first, and it would likely happen in and around the offices of their own solicitors

Given that lawyers are genuinely intelligent chaps (cough....) they would know precisely the process ongoing if they worked for the firm in question

So unless this is wind-up of the century, and there is some Hobo lawyer partner going around, and from various things on this thread and other things....as I started, oh dear

I have just spoken to David Southern as a fan and a season ticket holder and shareholder and he says it is nonsense.

Doctor FinnBarr
One of the most random extra 'h''s in a word ever.

-edit- Ha! You edited your typo! Good boy.

No drink yet, just spotted it in time before I was ridiculed!

:)

Oh dear

The senior partner of HBJ is Malcolm Macpherson :eek:. That said there are at least 2 other partners there who are diehard Jambos

I have just spoken to David Southern as a fan and a season ticket holder and shareholder and he says it is nonsense.

But not according to Munki boy.

I prefer your source.

Art Vanderlay

Topcat, you are a top cat.

Won't quote your entire post again, but it was up to your usual very high standard, and captured EXACTLY what's going on - or what's not going on...

Personally I don't feel too foolish about getting swept up in the fear and paranoia after the wages debacle... it's not as if it's impossible that we could hit upon a financial disaster of such huge proportions.

The important thing is that THIS ISN'T HAPPENING.

Evrytin gwan be ayrie.

ToadKiller Dog

The Hobo wind up machine is gubbing us at the moment to many folks on here are willing to

go into panic mode before the fact .Time to shake out of it .

I have just had a phone conversation with her and I had said I posted on the net

She went nuts!!

Its seems it very conidential at the mo even the press don't know

I really hope she is at the wind up but she never normally does anything like this

I tell you what though, and hopefully you are right, as rumours "with legs" go this is a stonker

Sources from the police and lawyers confirming administration, people who are not known for being anti-romanov (on this thread at least) adding to the story with their own sources, a lot of the sources being Jambos....

The person that started this has done a bloody good job

As an aside guys employees of Hearts would NOT necessarily know that this was happening. Whilst I said administrators dont land in a hellicopter, neither would the staff be advised well in advance either

And as Munki has aluded, this would be a highly confidential matter with the people dealing with it at this time (although clearly not if it is true)

Craig Gordons Gloves

My office is virtually at a standstill as everyone is focused on the news that Hearts are in administration.

My office is virtually at a standstill as everyone is focused on the news that Hearts are in administration.

What "news"?

Is your office at Tynie??? ;)

As an aside guys employees of Hearts would NOT necessarily know that this was happening. Whilst I said administrators dont land in a hellicopter, neither would the staff be advised well in advance either

And as Munki has aluded, this would be a highly confidential matter with the people dealing with it at this time (although clearly not if it is true)

if it were that confidential you wouldn't be telling your brother who then posts it on a public Internet site, would you?

Look, I'm no fan of Romanov it's fair to say but the administration 'story' seems like nonsense to me. If a club the size of Hearts were going to go into administration then the press would undoubtedly have known about it by now. given the scrutiny on non-payment of wages, then I'm sure we'd have heard if they hadn't been paid, something anyone who was going into admin would be unlikely to do. And, as has been said many times, Hearts main creditors would gain next to nothing from us going into administration, and in fact would likely lose money that could be better realised by selling.

It smells like nonsense to me.

Look, I'm no fan of Romanov it's fair to say but the administration 'story' seems like nonsense to me. If a club the size of Hearts were going to go into administration then the press would undoubtedly have known about it by now. given the scrutiny on non-payment of wages, then I'm sure we'd have heard if they hadn't been paid, something anyone who was going into admin would be unlikely to do. And, as has been said many times, Hearts main creditors would gain next to nothing from us going into administration, and in fact would likely lose money that could be better realised by selling.

Agree with all of the above!!

My study too. No action here. Anyone else in an "action deficit situation"?

scottish_chicP
My study too. No action here. Anyone else in an "action deficit situation"?

Yeah but I usually am at this time on a Friday :P

if it were that confidential you wouldn't be telling your brother who then posts it on a public Internet site, would you?

The troubling thing is that Munki from previous posts certainly appears to be a Hearts fan, and it would be bizarre in the extreme to make up what he posted.

That said, I'm not sure if his sister is a lawyer, is involved in the alleged work, is being "toyed with" because people know she's from a Hearts family, or that HBG are just dealing with SOME administration work for Hearts as opposed to dealing with the club GOING INTO administration.

Agree with what you say though largely

I doubt its true, but there is a chance it is IMO - that said "crowds gathering outside Tynie" would have been confirmed by now if it were happening, and even if it was they may just all have a crick in their necks....

Cardiac Rucksack

The news from Mexico is there are crowds gathering near the pool. I will try and get more info later. After this beer.:):P

Just realised the 'sister' text him saying "have you heard?" yet this was supposedly info she was charged with suppressing.

More classic wind up nonsense. I hope the mods go round and have a stern word with all the folk on the board who are stirring the pot tonight, because it is ridiculous.

quite.

1st text 'have you heard about Hearts?'

2nd text 'Her firm are doing the admin'

3rd text 'They're no doing the admin, she warks for the lawyers'

4th text 'I told her I'd posted it, she went mad - cause it's confidential'

A pretty poor pattern of plausibility to be honest.

quite.

pretty much my take on the situation, but i can't say i'm not keechin my breeks about the whole thing to be honest

aaaaaaah why can things never just be easy for a wee change

pretty much my take on the situation, but i can't say i'm not keechin my breeks about the whole thing to be honest

aaaaaaah why can things never just be easy for a wee change

Easy?

Its Hearts. Nothing is EVER done the easy way.

Cardiac Rucksack
quite.

His sister must be pretty thick to be working in a big lawyers, perhaps she is "easy" on the eye.

I tell you what though, and hopefully you are right, as rumours "with legs" go this is a stonker

Sources from the police and lawyers confirming administration, people who are not known for being anti-romanov (on this thread at least) adding to the story with their own sources, a lot of the sources being Jambos....

The person that started this has done a bloody good job

We shall see,, but SOuthern did sound genuine and kindly took my call - said he had discussed this matter a few times. He felt the missed wages probably did not help, but everyone has been paid - including today, I understand.

I am not saying it will not happen and have heard a lot of rumours from people who would not normally discuss the matter. The banking fiasco could and probably will affect us in some way - but in this way today, well DS does not seem to think so.

We shall see,, but SOuthern did sound genuine and kindly took my call - said he had discussed this matter a few times. He felt the missed wages probably did not help, but everyone has been paid - including today, I understand.

I am not saying it will not happen and have heard a lot of rumours from people who would not normally discuss the matter. The banking fiasco could and probably will affect us in some way - but in this way today, well DS does not seem to think so.

I was told the squad will be cut in Jan with a few high earners will be shipped out. Your makelas, Beslijas etc....

I also suspect a player or maybe 2 will be sold to bring in much needed revenue - Kingston would be the obvious one.

I was told the squad will be cut in Jan with a few high earners will be shipped out. Your makelas, Beslijas etc....

I also suspect a player or maybe 2 will be sold to bring in much needed revenue - Kingston would be the obvious one.

There is no doubt we need to cut costs, so this seems fair enough to me, probably should have done it sooner, but what is the betting that those who are worried about the finances and criticised VR for them, possibly rightly, will complain about this too.

Personally, I will be surprised if we go ionto administration, but not surprised if we have to cut costs.

MacDonald Jardine
quite.

Someone's sister is getting the sack on Monday then.

His sister must be pretty thick to be working in a big lawyers, perhaps she is "easy" on the eye.

She's probably also his mother.. :rolleyes:

I'll try and summarise

Well said mate,best post i have seen for a long time,there was a serious accident at the top of mcleod street this morning,the police were there to close off part of the street.administration,it makes me laugh.:)

portobellojambo1
Not that I am convinced as we have heard so many rumours before, but someone I know claims they have been told the dreaded 'A' word will happen today - I hope I am right in doubting this.

I would suggest you are indeed right to doubt it.

Yes Peter but certain Hearts supporters are not only promoting it but wanting it to happen, which to me is treachorous..

When i heard about the accident(a scaffolder was struck on the head with a scaffold pole,think he is ok)and the police were there,my first though was there will be a thread on kickback saying the police were at tynecastle as we were going into administration,lo and behold i was right.We were paid a DAY late last month and were told why,not a problem,stories about people paid to come on kickback,Southern,Ogilvie,Broadie,and Fraser leaving.such nonsense,the only thing on peoples mind at tynecastle is beating hibs next week. Source, for those that dont know i work at tynecastle.

When i heard about the accident(a scaffolder was struck on the head with a scaffold pole,think he is ok)and the police were there,my first though was there will be a thread on kickback saying the police were at tynecastle as we were going into administration,lo and behold i was right.We were paid a DAY late last month and were told why,not a problem,stories about people paid to come on kickback,Southern,Ogilvie,Broadie,and Fraser leaving.such nonsense,the only thing on peoples mind at tynecastle is beating hibs next week. Source, for those that dont know i work at tynecastle.

You work at Tynie bully for you.I for one think Hearts ARE in trouble a blind man could see that.Just because you work there means you know everything does it??? Vlad is a knob and if i as you i would be worried about paying the mortage buddy.

More concerned when the Sales start at the club shop.

Archived