Barry Ferguson (merged threads)

coppercrutch

Commander Harris
How a handball that controls the ball perfectly for a player who then spins and scores would be allowed in ANY game is unbelievable.

Should've been an immediate foul, no matter if he meant it or not.

I do think that it should have been free kick because I believe Ferguson did deliberately control the ball with his hand.

on your point about the rules - a hand ball DOES have to be deliberate, we might not agree with the rule but that's the way it is.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Get a grip ! - We were playing well - and the team at the top of the league get a fecking controversial goal to go one up in a semi final - Well feck me it effected the guys confidence. Goals change games !! - If that had been us in the same boat we would no way have got the goal. The ball was set up superbly of his hand to volley home. The Ref had a clear view - and decided against the foul - which in my mind is corruption. Okay we did not respond well to the goal - but the game was in the balance before the goal.

Agreed.

Although both viewpoints can be held at the same time. The first half was even. True, the second-half the huns started better and got this (ahem) goal. But if they hadn't... then equally the game might have flowed back in our favour. We'll never know because a goal that shouldn't have been allowed to stand ... was allowed to stand.

the ref was far too close to the incident to see it properly.

Anyway if you watched the tv pictures prior to kick off you could clearly see him joking with Ferguson and Adam.

The really fat girl mascots dad is a taxi driver and he told me that she text him to say that the ref said " ive got you guys in the fixed odds".

Yes but Goncalves hit the ball against HIS OWN arm. The ned had it kicked against his arm by someone else - Berra. That is the big difference IMO.

I still cant believe some people on this thread are denying Berra kicked that ball !! They are acting like the OF when it comes to decisions !!

Berra kicked the ball = FACT.

The only argument here is whether the fud deliberately handled it or not.

Considering the ball hit him from perhaps 2 feet away I would seriously doubt he had the reactions to think "I will now lower my hand a foot to bounce the ball of the ground to swivel round and score a goal".

He isn't smart enough to work that out in half a second. :)

You might want to revisit your opinion. The footage clearly shows 'Bazza' miscontrolling Berra's kick with his upper thigh and then dunking the ball down with his left hand. Complete cheating.

18bssl.gif

You might want to revisit your opinion. The footage clearly shows 'Bazza' miscontrolling Berra's kick with his upper thigh and then dunking the ball down with his left hand. Complete cheating.

18bssl.gif

Aye Coppercrutch, the evidence is irrefutable or words to that effect.

You better get on here and apologise profusely or words to that effect.

18bssl.gif

Pretty conclusive for me. He controlled the ball then handled it. Thought at the time it was blatant handball and that proves it.

Commander Harris

18bssl.gif

deliberately controls the ball with his hand - the result should have been a free kick. simple as that.

18bssl.gif

I reserved judgement until I seen this. Blatant. Goal should never have stood in a million years.

But that's not the only reason we lost. Rangers are rank rotten this season and were there for the taking tonight. We blew it.

Here's FIFA's take on a handball infringement:

Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with his hand or arm. The referee shall take the following into consideration

? The movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)

? The distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)

? Position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an infringement

If the ref is using the above to justify his non award then it should be the same for all teams. But as we all know if it was at the other end.....

Better call Saul
your right in that the ref should have picked it up - as was the case with the ref in the Miko dive incident - my point is however - that it wasn't the ref that got the blame in the Scotland game it was Miko - most of the footie fans in Scotland would be watching that game live on BBC1 - Bazza should therefore be held in the same regard as a cheatin bazza as Miko was

:mad::mad::mad:

kiriakos all over again

Miller Jambo 60

Only the huns could get that cheats the sfa are cheating weegie geeks .

Footie sucks now and i hate it:mad:

That wee fud fergie handled the ball wee baa bag:mad:

Doug, I was about half a mile away and even I could see it was a hand ball.

But I still left there thinking that the best team won, and without having to do too much either.

Hopefully, if this new manager ever arrives, we'll start the building process again, and clear out all the dead wood, that pretty much makes up 75% of our squad.

If we can get a new man in, and Romanov doesn't sack him after 10 weeks for the crime of being great at his job, then maybe, just maybe we can enjoy supporting the famous HMFC one more.

The last two seasons have been the ****ing pits.

Thank God we have a sense of humour!

Buffalo Bill

Yes but Goncalves hit the ball against HIS OWN arm. The ned had it kicked against his arm by someone else - Berra. That is the big difference IMO.

I still cant believe some people on this thread are denying Berra kicked that ball !! They are acting like the OF when it comes to decisions !!

Berra kicked the ball = FACT.

The only argument here is whether the fud deliberately handled it or not.

Considering the ball hit him from perhaps 2 feet away I would seriously doubt he had the reactions to think "I will now lower my hand a foot to bounce the ball of the ground to swivel round and score a goal".

He isn't smart enough to work that out in half a second. :)

I tell you what, your FACTS aren't half honking...

If it was a Hearts Player who scored like that, it would be a DISGRACE as they usually say, but hey it's Rankgers they get away with anything as do their other pals in the eastend

Er, coppercrutch... think you've got some splainin' to do, mate! ;)

I've seen the replay: and Ferguson practically shook hands with the ball! Are we playing basketball now, or something? Meanwhile, McCurry could not be better placed - and he sees nothing wrong with it. (H)Unbelievable. To be fair, McCurry may have suspected he'd boobed over Rangers' two earlier penalty claims: that happens sometimes, with the ref feeling a need to 'even things up' (sic) - and this isn't to downplay the fact that the better side won anyway.

But ask yourself: if that'd been a Hearts player, would it have been given? Absolutely no chance. Just as, in another game Mr McCurry officiated some years back, Colin Cameron was sent off for handbags, while Eyal Berkovic stayed on after doing much the same thing only seconds earlier. If last night's game were an equation, it would read something like:

Age old Old Firm bias + new fangled anti-Hearts bias + crap Hearts performance + manager in over his head / Mike f*****g McCurry = defeat.

Oh, and here's another link to the incident. Pause it at the crucial moments, CC: then you'll see what we're getting at!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR8EXlOhM8E

Miller Jambo 60

UOTE=coppercrutch;48544]Cheers. I really am the last person ever to stick up for Scottish refs. But in this case I think he got it spot on.

Disappointing night anyway. They were there for the taking. Don't think we did too much wrong, just not much right.

Think we really miss Larry and the openings he can produce. Oh well.

PS. ****ing Jonsson open ****ing goal !!

YOU ARE A P:LANK DIKO at the game ma ha gorgie rule

East Craigs mazfio

18bssl.gif

But..... but..... but...... I dont get it....... where is this alleged punt from Berra two feet away from Bazza that he couldnt get out the way of?!?!?!?!?!?!

CC...... I think you might feel just a LITTLE bit silly now.

Blatant foul. Goal shouldnt of stood. "Fact".

Everybody loves Baz

18bssl.gif

Where are you CC.

Backtracking yet ??

It's all right ranting and raving about poor decisions every week but surely somebody can see we are absolutely sh ite led by a coach who couldn't pick his feckin nose or motivate anybody!! Sick and tired of complaints about referees.If we we're that good we'd get over bad decisions and get on with things but we can't and that's why we're not good enough!!:mad:

It's all right ranting and raving about poor decisions every week but surely somebody can see we are absolutely sh ite led by a coach who couldn't pick his feckin nose or motivate anybody!! Sick and tired of complaints about referees.If we we're that good we'd get over bad decisions and get on with things but we can't and that's why we're not good enough!!:mad:

Yeah, that makes it all ok then mate.

It doesnt matter if we're cheated..... cos we're pish anyway.

In fact, why do we even bother turning up for games any more when we know we're pish.

:confused:

Sorry, but however bad we are, its NOT an excuse for being cheated like this.

cobbyshambles
not only the rangers would get away with this, i'm sure celtic would get away with the same

every team in the spl against hearts would have no doubt got away with it.

Have a look at this picture of the ref @ the Barry ferguson goal :mad:

How he can allow this to stand is unbelievable!! No more than 5 yards away with a perfect view.

blatant_thumb.JPG

Have a look at this picture of the ref @ the Barry ferguson goal :mad:

How he can allow this to stand is unbelievable!! No more than 5 yards away with a perfect view.

Well MCurry can't say he didn't see it. A full on 100% view of what happened...

guess he just decided to play advantage to the offending player :confused:

According to Berra - its wasnt a case of him not seeing the incident, but instead a case of him not giving it because of the Jose incident seconds before.

Appalling.

According to Berra - its wasnt a case of him not seeing the incident, but instead a case of him not giving it because of the Jose incident seconds before.

Appalling.

jose's hands were by his side.... not sure it was intended, plus the ref never had a view like the above.

200milesfromgorgie

was it allowed to make up for jose handball just before? if or if not jose conceded a penalty is not the issue. 2 wrongs dont make a right. Mcurry gives me the *****?$!

Appalling.

Berra wants to have a word...........thats letting that clown of a ref off the hook. Jose had his hand by his side..............sometimes they are given, sometimes they aint but one things for sure that goal should have been disallowed. With comments like that from our captain, things wont improve regards to the sub standard refereeing decisions against us.

Berra wants to have a word...........thats letting that clown of a ref off the hook. Jose had his hand by his side..............sometimes they are given, sometimes they aint but one things for sure that goal should have been disallowed. With comments like that from our captain, things wont improve regards to the sub standard refereeing decisions against us.

Sorry, badly worded on my part - the comments i read earlier from Berra suggested that McCurry said that the reason he allowed the goal to stand was that if Fergusons was a hand ball then so was Jose's......

Berra wasnt sticking up for the ref, he was saying the ref had effectively admitted that he used Jose as an excuse not to give a free kick against Ferguson.

The thing with Jose's handball moments before is that there was nobody around him, and he didn't gain any advantage. Ferguson was tightly marked, controlled it with his hand and clearly gained an advantage i.e. the chance to ****ing score. McCurry is a tit.

Iam not a hears fan but thought the ref lastnight was awfull something needs to be done about the biased refs any team out with celtic and rangers get nothing .It was clearly a hand ball even if he let the goal stand because of the insodent 2 secs before there is nothing in the rules which says refs can do that . Cheeting barstuards really would like to say well done to all the hearts fans that sung there hearts out came accross well on tv they only sing when they are wining .

The People's Chimp
The thing with Jose's handball moments before is that there was nobody around him, and he didn't gain any advantage. Ferguson was tightly marked, controlled it with his hand and clearly gained an advantage i.e. the chance to ****ing score. McCurry is a tit.

Seconded. McCurry is a complete ****.

Iam not a hears fan but thought the ref lastnight was awfull something needs to be done about the biased refs any team out with celtic and rangers get nothing .It was clearly a hand ball even if he let the goal stand because of the insodent 2 secs before there is nothing in the rules which says refs can do that . Cheeting barstuards really would like to say well done to all the hearts fans that sung there hearts out came accross well on tv they only sing when they are wining .

Miko was poleaxed from Whittaker's right arm and the ref never even brought out a yellow. As far smackheid Adam punching the ball out Banks' hands when he was about to throw the ball, if that was any of our players they'd have been booked without a doubt!!

Just had another look at this thread, was off to bed last night as I said :)

I still totally stand by what I said. If anyone looks at that footage and thinks that Berra DID NOT kick the ball, IMO, they need their head examined.

Take the maroon tinted specs off guys. It is a little embarresing. You are sounding like the great unwashed.

For all the people that are saying the ball clearly comes off The fuds upper thigh have another look at the vid. and take a closer look at what Berra's foot is doing at the time. ;)

As I have said this is all about intent and 'unnatural hand positions'. As you can see from the video the fuds hands are up at shoulder height (I imagine for balance) before the ball is kicked against his hand. If the ball then hits his hand then how that can be described as 'intentional' or 'unnatural' is beyond me.

As I have said if I was a ref I would have played on.

Get over it guys. They scored a perfectly good goal. And they beat us. Roll on Saturday. :)

Seymour M Hersh

I still totally stand by what I said. If anyone looks at that footage and thinks that Berra DID NOT kick the ball, IMO, they need their head examined.

Take the maroon tinted specs off guys. It is a little embarresing. You are sounding like the great unwashed.

For all the people that are saying the ball clearly comes off The fuds upper thigh have another look at the vid. and take a closer look at what Berra's foot is doing at the time. ;)

As I have said this is all about intent and 'unnatural hand positions'. As you can see from the video the fuds hands are up at shoulder height (I imagine for balance) before the ball is kicked against his hand. If the ball then hits his hand then how that can be described as 'intentional' or 'unnatural' is beyond me.

Get over it guys. They scored a perfectly good goal. And they beat us. Roll on Saturday. :)

Did your guide dog tell you that pile of sheeiitte? Clown.

Dunno what replay CC is watching but I dont see Berra touching the ball. I think it hits Bazzas knee goes to his other arm... gets thrown downwards clearly faster than the normal ball falling gravity speed. So anyway with the rolling down the arm and higher ball bounce Bazza can lean back and get the angle for the shot. If it had just landed on the ground he'd have had to turn and take the shot. So the handball defo made it easier to score in my mind. And this whole Berra punting the ball.... thats just crazy.

How about taking of the royal blue tinted specs ?

When it happened I was not bothered at all I kept watching for that little scrot to stop celebrating and the free kick to be taken. And as an advert for video replays... This little ditty could have been sorted out before the ball was back at the halfway line for kick off.

Edit- well maybe it did hit Berra's foot a little but it was hardly a punt...

Miko was poleaxed from Whittaker's right arm and the ref never even brought out a yellow. As far smackheid Adam punching the ball out Banks' hands when he was about to throw the ball, if that was any of our players they'd have been booked without a doubt!!

I was raging that Adam didn't get booked for that, it was clear Banks was trying to get a quick ball away as Hearts were trying to get attacks going on the break at that point in the game. It was a deliberate petulant act by a stupid wee f@nny!

Everybody loves Baz

why ??

what you doing like?

Cause we haven't got a game :confused:

P.s you're still wrong about the hand ball.

Just watched it about ten times and I think I need my head examined. Berra lifts his boot but doesn't touch the ball.

Berra doesn't touch the ball though cc.

Fergusons thigh gets to it before Berra.

Ferguson knew exactly what he was doing and anyone who can't see that needs their head examined. ;)

Imagine if Miko had done it at the other end and gotten away with it? You wouldn't be able to move for the pitchforks.

Rumours that the BBL side, the Scottish Rocks, tried to sign Barry Ferguson last night are as yet unconfirmed but who could blame them? He'd be deadly in the key.

Archived