Barry Ferguson (merged threads)

coppercrutch

Totally thought it was another poor decision by a ref till I saw the real slow motion. When the ball comes across I thought Ferguson hit it against his own hand, which would definitely be a hand ball.

In fact it was Berra who wrapped his foot around and kicked the ball against Bazza the fuds hand - from perhaps only 2 foot away. No way he could get his hand out of the way in time.

Hate to say it but it was a fair goal. Ref has still had a shocker though.

Come on the Jambos !!

Part timer. :)

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WheatfieldStand
Totally thought it was another poor decision by a ref till I saw the real slow motion. When the ball comes across I thought Ferguson hit it against his own hand, which would definitely be a hand ball.

In fact it was Berra who wrapped his foot around and kicked the ball against Bazza the fuds hand - from perhaps only 2 foot away. No way he could get his hand out of the way in time.

Come on the Jambos !!

but if it effects the challenging players (berra) and/or obstructs his line to the ball then you must giv it!!

but if it effects the challenging players (berra) and/or obstructs his line to the ball then you must giv it!!

Don't think so, it was Berra who kicked the ball. Hard for me to say but the fud did nothing wrong. If it's not intentional it's not a hand ball. And from 2 foot it cant be intentional. IMO.

Doesn't look like it will matter now anyway. :sad:

The ball didn't just simply hit his hand. He moved his hand down and controlled the ball like a fecking basketball.

The Real Maroonblood
The ball didn't just simply hit his hand. He moved his hand down and controlled the ball like a fecking basketball.

Thought so. The op must have been watching from a different angle

what about the deliberate hand ball by Lurch Adams when he knocked the ball from Banks' hands

always thought deliberate hand ball was a booking......

apparently not

If you play for the soap dodging, buckie swilling **** its perfectly acceptable and in no way a booking

Thought so. The op must have been watching from a different angle

Nah I think it simply smacked him in the arm as he had his hands in th air. Would like to see it again just to confirm.

Trust me I would never usually stick up for that wiedgie ****bag. ;)

Thought we were going to do it tonight as well. :sad:

Derby Dominance
Nah I think it simply smacked him in the arm as he had his hands in th air. Would like to see it again just to confirm.

You are a total bafoon.

Berra didnt touch it.

is it actually not a foul if its not intentional? is that actually whats in the rules? I honestly dont know.

You are a total bafoon.

Why because he is not jumping on the refs a cheat bandwagon ? Jose done the same 2 mins before the fud scored i assume you wanted rangers to have a penalty ?

Berra didnt touch it.

is it actually not a foul if its not intentional? is that actually whats in the rules? I honestly dont know.

Yep has to be intentional or your hand has to be in an 'unnatural' position (I think)

Berra DEFINITELY kicked it against the fuds hand. I am 99.9% certain of it. I think too many fans are just letting their anger cloud their judgement.

I may be wrong of course.

Yep has to be intentional or your hand has to be in an 'unnatural' position (I think)

Berra DEFINITELY kicked it against the fuds hand. I am 99.9% certain of it. I think too many fans are just letting their anger cloud their judgement.

cool cool, however the fact that fergusons hand was not holding a needle or a bottle of buckie obviously indicates that it wasnt in a natural position :thumb:

Why because he is not jumping on the refs a cheat bandwagon ? Jose done the same 2 mins before the fud scored i assume you wanted rangers to have a penalty ?

Cheers. I really am the last person ever to stick up for Scottish refs. But in this case I think he got it spot on.

Disappointing night anyway. They were there for the taking. Don't think we did too much wrong, just not much right.

Think we really miss Larry and the openings he can produce. Oh well.

PS. ****ing Jonsson open ****ing goal !!

It was never a foul in the first place, and the ball has only rolled down his arm!?!?! Never gained any advantage from it did he????

But forget all that why do we not have any right sided player on by now, egg should just not be out there - we were poor they weren't much better!!

cool cool, however the fact that fergusons hand was not holding a needle or a bottle of buckie obviously indicates that it wasnt in a natural position :thumb:

Fair point. But you forgot the ubiquitous shank. :)

Cheers. I really am the last person ever to stick up for Scottish refs. But in this case I think he got it spot on.

Disappointing night anyway. They were there for the taking. Don't think we did too much wrong, just not much right.

Think we really miss Larry and the openings he can produce. Oh well.

PS. ****ing Jonsson open ****ing goal !!

The ref never cost us today, the fact we have very little quality cost us the game. Nevermind the transfer window is still open. :rolleyes:

The ref never cost us today, the fact we have very little quality cost us the game. Nevermind the transfer window is still open. :rolleyes:

Bit of quality would be nice. And maybe we will have a few surprises tomorrow. Positive thinking :eek:

PS. Just saw the fud goal again, Berra 100% kicked it against him. Only question is if the fud brought his hand down to control the ball or his hand just fell naturally. To be fair if I was a ref I would have given him the benefit of the doubt. Not clearly intentional so no penalty IMO.

now now lads

CC is absolutely right!

BF just said so

"i never meant the ball to touch my hand"

and we know he's an honest, upstanding scottish player, so surely he'd not lie to us

The Real Maroonblood
When you get a goal from handball it should be chopped off intentional or not:cool:

...........because you are gaining an advantage.

Bit of quality would be nice. And maybe we will have a few surprises tomorrow. Positive thinking :eek:

PS. Just saw the fud goal again, Berra 100% kicked it against him. Only question is if the fud brought his hand down to control the ball or his hand just fell naturally. To be fair if I was a ref I would have given him the benefit of the doubt. Not clearly intentional so no penalty IMO.

Away and don't talk pish man! He bounced the ball with his arm, thus letting the ball sit up superbly for the strike.

Coppercrutch = Hun sympathyser.

:P

Derby Dominance

So you think the ref didn't chaeat? You are an even bigger bafoon!!

Malinga the Swinga

When Eggert blocked it against Motherwell, it was deliberate handball and a penalty. When Caldwell punched th eball out of box against Falkirk, it wasn't deliberate and when Ferguson controlled ball with his hand, it wasn't deliberate. Now what could be the difference between a Hearts player blocking the ball and players from rangers and Celtic using their hands. Surely it can't be because they are Rangers and Celtic, no it must be something else that no-one can think of.

Now Stewart was sent off against Gretna for basically putting a hand on players chest, yet Darcheville head butted, yes a deliberate movement of his head into Robbie, and only receives a yellow. Straight in front of McCurry, yet he still lacked the bottle to send him off. Adams booked for 2 foote dtackle in 2nd half, yet he should have been booked for deliberate hand ball in first for incident with Banks, but nothing done. Novo kicks ball away 2 minutes from end, yet nothing done.

Don't tell me the GFA and their ref cronies aren't biased, it is so obvious it is beyond belief, yet still some people try and make excuses for them.

Father Tiresias

The referee could and should have given a penalty when Jose handled the ball just before Barry's hand ball.

You're right, the first goal will be talked about endlessly when we should be talking about how pi$$ poor we were.

Tynecastle Valhalla

It was a def hand ball by ferguson and should have been given as a foul. Right in front of the ref as well.

The fact that they could have had a penalty earlier is irrelevant as it is a seperate incident.

Usual GFA nonsense.

We_are_the_Hearts
The referee could and should have given a penalty when Jose handled the ball just before Barry's hand ball.

You're right, the first goal will be talked about endlessly when we should be talking about how pi$$ poor we were.

We ARE talking about how poor we were - are you blind? Check all the threads out!! We are also talking about the cheating ***** of a ref. Can you explain the inconsistencies in Jambo66s thread?

Come on the Jambos !!

The handball helped him control it, whether he meant it or not, which was the reason he scored.............this means it defo should have been disallowed. The ref had a perfect view and needs shooting.

PS...defo a foul on Nade in the 1st half also

We shouldn't let one cloud the other in my opinion.

That decision was as bad as our 2nd half performance.

Come on the Jambos !!

Utter bollocks

You are.

Like a ned version of the harlem globe-trotters. If that was accidental there is no way he would have had the ball exactly where he needed it afterwards.

justanotherhonestscottiti9.jpg

Almost pointless supporting a non old-firm team anymore. They can kick, foul and cheat with impunity and no-one will EVER take them to task. :mad:

Why can't we get a Ferguson-type manager in who would use this injustice as fuel to fire us up?

When Eggert blocked it against Motherwell, it was deliberate handball and a penalty. When Caldwell punched th eball out of box against Falkirk, it wasn't deliberate and when Ferguson controlled ball with his hand, it wasn't deliberate. Now what could be the difference between a Hearts player blocking the ball and players from rangers and Celtic using their hands. Surely it can't be because they are Rangers and Celtic, no it must be something else that no-one can think of.

Now Stewart was sent off against Gretna for basically putting a hand on players chest, yet Darcheville head butted, yes a deliberate movement of his head into Robbie, and only receives a yellow. Straight in front of McCurry, yet he still lacked the bottle to send him off. Adams booked for 2 foote dtackle in 2nd half, yet he should have been booked for deliberate hand ball in first for incident with Banks, but nothing done. Novo kicks ball away 2 minutes from end, yet nothing done.

Don't tell me the GFA and their ref cronies aren't biased, it is so obvious it is beyond belief, yet still some people try and make excuses for them.

You are 100% correct. Referees in Scotland are cheats.

Baws... The ball came off Jose's thigh onto his arm which was in a natural position so no penalty.

"Bazza" as has previously been mentioned in this thread bounced it like a basketball. GFA bias at it's best again!!

So you think the ref didn't chaeat? You are an even bigger bafoon!!

When you are abusing people it's best to spell the abusive term correctly.

B-U-F-F-O-O-N

The Jambo Janny

Refs arent bad all the time - only when the are involved in a jambos game, it seems as though they believe all the crap that the west coast media put out about us being a bunch of divers, Miko would need to be rugby tackled before a decision went his way.

Rudolf's Mate

Sorry mate but even on the telly they said it should never have been allowed. If the ball hits your hand and you gain an unfair advantage then YES the ref can let play go on. The fact the ball sat perfectly for him and gave a clear unfair advantage, it should never have been allowed.

I like to think I am fair with these types of things. Our penalty claim was IMO a decent claim. Theirs was a stone wall IMO however just because it was doesn't mean that this evens things out. It just doesn't work that way!

coppercrutch you need to go to specsavers :hae36:

I think having your hand up the refs @**e has to be an 'unnatural' position! When you see the two of them joking and laughing and slapping each other on the back before the teams come out it does not fill you with confidence!!

Most obvious hand ball i have ever seen!!!

I will try and head the abuse off at the pass by saying that I thought R@ng*rs were denied a stone wall penalty in the first half, but I disagree with CC about the goal. I felt that the Goncalves incident came off his thigh and bounced up the six inches to his hand without a chance for him to move his arm out of the way, the Ferguson one, he actually moved his hand in the direction of the ball.

The above did not cost us the game.

Miko would need to be rugby tackled before a decision went his way.

Er .. he was rugby tackled, but no foul (Whittaker, first half).

Maybe, but the difference is that Ferguson's hand ball was clearly intentional whereas there's a case to be made for Jose's being accidental.

Ferguson stuck his arm out and made a deliberate downward movement to bounce the ball off the ground, which is a free-kick every day of the week.

Jose's arm was closer to his side and the ball bounced up off his thigh to strike him on the arm, which falls into the "seen them given, seen them not" category.

There's no excuse for the ref not giving the second one, particularly if he was just trying to even up not giving the first one. However there's also no excuse for our shambolic performance and going out of another cup with a whimper for the second time in just over a week.

When you get a goal from handball it should be chopped off intentional or not:cool:

I'd agree with that, but thats not the rule at the moment. The rule says deliberate handball. Whatever way you look at it that handball wasnt deliberate. It struck his hand and fell kindly for him. If thats a free kick for handball then it should have been a penalty against us just a few seconds before.

My interpretation was that he used his hand to bounce the ball down as it was getting away from him. Free kick Hearts.

Even if Berra had played it off his hand I reckon 99/100 the referee blows for the free kick. Unintentional hand balls are rarely allowed in the box - especially when it controls the ball.

A very bad decision from McCurry IMO.

Steady mate, that goal totally changed the game. We were poor but they werent much better than us and I felt there was nothing in the game at that point.........goals change games and that one shouldnt have been allowed.

I will try and head the abuse off at the pass by saying that I thought R@ng*rs were denied a stone wall penalty in the first half, but I disagree with CC about the goal. I felt that the Goncalves incident came off his thigh and bounced up the six inches to his hand without a chance for him to move his arm out of the way, the Ferguson one, he actually moved his hand in the direction of the ball.

Yes but Goncalves hit the ball against HIS OWN arm. The ned had it kicked against his arm by someone else - Berra. That is the big difference IMO.

I still cant believe some people on this thread are denying Berra kicked that ball !! They are acting like the OF when it comes to decisions !!

Berra kicked the ball = FACT.

The only argument here is whether the fud deliberately handled it or not.

Considering the ball hit him from perhaps 2 feet away I would seriously doubt he had the reactions to think "I will now lower my hand a foot to bounce the ball of the ground to swivel round and score a goal".

He isn't smart enough to work that out in half a second. :)

Archived