Barry Ferguson (merged threads)

coppercrutch

Steady mate, that goal totally changed the game. We were poor but they werent much better than us

True in the first half. Second half they were streets ahead of us.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our heads went down after the first goal.

It was embarrasing. A team became 11 average individuals in a matter of minutes.

Yes but Goncalves hit the ball against HIS OWN arm. The ned had it kicked against his arm by someone else - Berra. That is the big difference IMO.

I still cant believe some people on this thread are denying Berra kicked that ball !! They are acting like the OF when it comes to decisions !!

Berra kicked the ball = FACT.

The only argument here is whether the fud deliberately handled it or not.

Considering the ball hit him from perhaps 2 feet away I would seriously doubt he had the reactions to think "I will now lower my hand a foot to bounce the ball of the ground to swivel round and score a goal".

He isn't smart enough to work that out in half a second. :)

I can't believe some people on here are defending Chicken McCurry!!!

My point exactly mate, the goal changed the game 5 mins into 2nd half when the match was even.

Malinga the Swinga

And they still never looked like scoring until McCurry helped them. And then they would have had 10 men when Darcheville should have been sent off, so it would be nil nil and 11 v 10. We were poor but referee still played vital role in getting Rangers through.

The White Cockade

deffo a free kick

he controlled the ball down and then kicked it

only a Bluenose would argue otherwise

the rugby tackly on Miko also right in front of the ref was a booking

cum red card - worse than what Big Zal did when he went off

all McCurry did was wave at Miko to get up

total bias from the ref

and foul on Nade on the edge of the box etc etc

who's the mason in the black.........

Malinga the Swinga
I can't believe some people on here are defending Chicken McCurry!!!

Would they have defended him if decisions had been against celtic though. I doubt it.

...........because you are gaining an advantage.

100% correct

If you gain advanatge - unintended or otherwise - from such an act then it should be called back.

The handball helped him control it, whether he meant it or not, which was the reason he scored.............this means it defo should have been disallowed. The ref had a perfect view and needs shooting.

PS...defo a foul on Nade in the 1st half also

yes

Steady mate, that goal totally changed the game. We were poor but they werent much better than us and I felt there was nothing in the game at that point.........goals change games and that one shouldnt have been allowed.

Disagree bud,

Our "defence" was attempting to put fires out every time they came forward, we were a disaster waiting to happen.

Totally thought it was another poor decision by a ref till I saw the real slow motion. When the ball comes across I thought Ferguson hit it against his own hand, which would definitely be a hand ball.

In fact it was Berra who wrapped his foot around and kicked the ball against Bazza the fuds hand - from perhaps only 2 foot away. No way he could get his hand out of the way in time.

Hate to say it but it was a fair goal. Ref has still had a shocker though.

Come on the Jambos !!

Part timer. :)

Your bang on mate it wasnt meant.

SoldierPalmer

Bazza is a feckin cheat - that 'hand ball' antic was as bad as Miko's dive at Hampden against Scotland - he should be crucified for it as Miko was - next time der Hun play at Tynie we should be chanting cheat cheat cheat everytime he gets near the ball

cheatin bazza bassa

:mad::mad::mad:

Malinga the Swinga

No, Bazza said it was accidental and therefore that is the truth, as he is a good honest Scottish pro who would never cheat. Only foreigners cheat.

Your bang on mate it wasnt meant.

Looks like we are in the minority !! Simple fact is if that was a Hearts player and had scored we would have been more than happy, and there would have no proof that the player had meant to handle it. I really think people need to watch it again in slow motion. It is clear he never meant it. And it is ever clearer Berra kicked the ball.

And to make it even more amusing some people think I am sticking up for the ned Ferguson and a Wiedgie referee !! I am pretty much the last person ever to do that. I hate wiedgies and I think the GFA have an agenda against us. But I still reckon the goal by the fud should have been allowed to stand.

Anyway roll on Saturday. Let's hump those dirty cattle thieving borders English wannabe farmers. :)

We_are_the_Hearts
Looks like we are in the minority !! Simple fact is if that was a Hearts player and had scored we would have been more than happy, and there would have no proof that the player had meant to handle it. I really think people need to watch it again in slow motion. It is clear he never meant it. And it is ever clearer Berra kicked the ball.

And to make it even more amusing some people think I am sticking up for the ned Ferguson and a Wiedgie referee !! I am pretty much the last person ever to do that. I hate wiedgies and I think the GFA have an agenda against us. But I still reckon the goal by the fud should have been allowed to stand.

Anyway roll on Saturday. Let's hump those dirty cattle thieving borders English wannabe farmers. :)

What planet do you live on? Do you honestly think Hearts would ever get awarded a goal like that at Hampden against the OF? He handled it twice, the 2nd time pulling it into his path;)

jambos are go!

He 'pawed' the ball down as was clearly shown as was the referee having a clear view of it. Did SFA Referees reputation no good at all. As shameful was Whittaker being unpunished for dragging Miko to the ground. This cant go on.

The problem is it isnt golden boys decision to make , it was that cheating bar/steward ref.

At last. A brain on kickback.

Not a wee boy, and not happy, unlike yourself obviously.

Oh right i wasnt under the impression Barry Ferguson allowed the goal stand stand i kinda thought we had like Referees. sorry for being wrong!!!!!!!

What planet do you live on? Do you honestly think Hearts would ever get awarded a goal like that at Hampden against the OF? He handled it twice, the 2nd time pulling it into his path;)

That is besides the point. I think the OF and the SFA are corrupt to the core.

That doesn't change the fact that, IMO, the decision tonight re. the fuds goal was perfectly reasonable.

If I was a ref I would have let it stand.

If it was a Hearts player I would have let it stand.

Anyway off to bed. :)

Had a season ticket at tynecastle for 16 years mate misse donly 14 games in that time. Home away and abroad. Total Rangers worshipper eh????

Grow up and tell mummy your finished with her cumpyutur.Bed now its a school night.

Rudolf's Mate

Barry Ferguson admitted that he handled the ball in the lead up to opening the scoring against Hearts but thought his side deserved their 2-0 CIS Cup win.

"I didn't mean to handle it and maybe it touched my arm, but it is a goal and I am trying to add that to my game," the Rangers midfielder told BBC Sport.

He's trying to add it to his game!!!

Malinga the Swinga
Had a season ticket at tynecastle for 16 years mate misse donly 14 games in that time. Home away and abroad. Total Rangers worshipper eh????

Grow up and tell mummy your finished with her cumpyutur.Bed now its a school night.

What's a cumpyutur

Rudolf's Mate

And it gets worse.... Is Smith taking the.....

I felt that, overall, we handled that very well and, in the end, deserved our win

Commander Harris
Barry Ferguson admitted that he handled the ball in the lead up to opening the scoring against Hearts but thought his side deserved their 2-0 CIS Cup win.

"I didn't mean to handle it and maybe it touched my arm, but it is a goal and I am trying to add that to my game," the Rangers midfielder told BBC Sport.

he didn't admit jack - if he didn't mean to handle it then it isn't a foul.

just to clarify, I do think he probably deliberately controlled it with his hand. I'm just saying that he hasn't admitted anything, in fact what he has done is denied that he meant it.

heard that JM and posted it in one of the BF threads.

just goes to show that if you play in snot coloured hoops or royal blue you can get away with murder even if the ref is watching

Watched the game in the pub.

Darcheville's "penalty" could have been given, I was amazed it wasn;t but it wasn't a stonewaller, likewise the Goncalves one.

Ferguson's basketball dribble was a free kick, pure and simple. Unnatural position of the hands and he gained an advantage from it (ie. he scored a feckin goal!).

Nades free kick/pen on the edge of the box was blatant as was the Miko rugby tackle (by the way, would've been a penalty in rugby for a high tackle!) and apparently a Headbutt is only a yellow of you play for the Hun!

I ain't bitter, I'm just getting a bit ****ed off after 25 years of this pish causing us to lose little decisions and games/goals because of it.

Not just Hearts, everyone apart form the Old ****

Malinga the Swinga
heard that JM and posted it in one of the BF threads.

just goes to show that if you play in snot coloured hoops or royal blue you can get away with murder even if the ref is watching

Now there is a challenge for the old firm, can they actually commit a murder on the pitch and get away with it. With our refs, I say yes.

SoldierPalmer
Bazza is a feckin cheat - that 'hand ball' antic was as bad as Miko's dive at Hampden against Scotland - he should be crucified for it as Miko was - next time der Hun play at Tynie we should be chanting cheat cheat cheat everytime he gets near the ball

cheatin bazza bassa

The problem is it isnt golden boys decision to make , it was that cheating bar/steward ref.

your right in that the ref should have picked it up - as was the case with the ref in the Miko dive incident - my point is however - that it wasn't the ref that got the blame in the Scotland game it was Miko - most of the footie fans in Scotland would be watching that game live on BBC1 - Bazza should therefore be held in the same regard as a cheatin bazza as Miko was

What's a cumpyutur

That thing your playing with just now. Just thought i would break it down in your language for your own wee world.

Malinga the Swinga
your right in that the ref should have picked it up - as was the case with the ref in the Miko dive incident - my point is however - that it wasn't the ref that got the blame in the Scotland game it was Miko - most of the footie fans in Scotland would be watching that game live on BBC1 - Bazza should therefore be held in the same regard as a cheatin bazza as Miko was

Correct, but it will never happen

Rudolf's Mate
he didn't admit jack - if he didn't mean to handle it then it isn't a foul.

just to clarify, I do think he probably deliberately controlled it with his hand. I'm just saying that he hasn't admitted anything, in fact what he has done is denied that he meant it.

What do you mean he didn't admit jack. He admitted that it hit his hand. I am not saying for one minute that he did actually mean it, as IMO he didn't.

In saying that I am sure that if a ball goes to hand and the player gains an unfair advantage then the ref should blow. It's too much of a grey area to decide on whether a player meant it or not!

Okay, lets get this clear.

He handled the ball of that there is no doubt.

He didnt do it deliberately, why the hell would he. It was accidental, though it did unfortunately drop kindly for him after that and he scored.

If you want to carry on thinking this was the reason we got beat tonight and we are in fact a team of world beaters who should be sweeping sides like the SPL leaders aside then fine, carry on.

The fact is that they werent great but we were dreadful, absolutely dreadful and almost completely devoid of quality in any area of the park.

Thats the brutal truth folks, its been the brutal truth all season, but if you want to let an accidental handball mask all that so you dont have to accept that we are dreadful then carry on.

You keep repeating the bit about Berra kicking the ball but that's totally irrelevant. Who do you think kicked the ball onto Jonsson's arm at Fir Park last week? A Motherwell player of course but, because Jonsson's arm was raised, that was deemed a deliberate act by him.

Same goes for Ferguson, who thrust his arm out and down to make contact with the ball. If his arm hadn't been outstretched his hand wouldn't have struck the ball. That's what makes it deliberate, not whether he meant that specific outcome, and therefore that should be a free-kick 100 times out of a 100.

Goncalves on the other hand was less clear cut. The ball bounced from his thigh onto his arm which was still down by his side. Poor control maybe, but no deliberate movement with the arm, so I wouldn't have awarded a penalty although other refs might.

Malinga the Swinga

He didnt do it deliberately, why the hell would he. It was accidental, though it did unfortunately drop kindly for him after that and he scored.

If you want to carry on thinking this was the reason we got beat tonight and we are in fact a team of world beaters who should be sweeping sides like the SPL leaders aside then fine, carry on.

The fact is that they werent great but we were dreadful, absolutely dreadful and almost completely devoid of quality in any area of the park.

Thats the brutal truth folks, its been the brutal truth all season, but if you want to let an accidental handball mask all that so you dont have to accept that we are dreadful then carry on.

Why would he do it, well possibly to control the ball and score.

Good point.

doesn't matter if it was deliberate, his arms were in an unnatural position and he gained an advantage from it. Therefore, foul.

As the whole feckin pub agreed

HillmanHearts
That is besides the point. I think the OF and the SFA are corrupt to the core.

That doesn't change the fact that, IMO, the decision tonight re. the fuds goal was perfectly reasonable.

If I was a ref I would have let it stand.

If it was a Hearts player I would have let it stand.

Anyway off to bed. :)

No danger ! : He controlled it very nicely with his HAND and then smacked it into the net. It would not have been allowed any where else in the world - And I include lads having a kick about at the fecking Pits. Where they would say " Aye good finish Dipsh"t ! But it aint no goal - coz you set it up with your feacking hand " - at which the scorer in question would say _ "okay dokey - No Goal - but I did hit it well did a no ??" But as Naeclue would say maybe I'm paranoid !!

Commander Harris
What do you mean he didn't admit jack. He admitted that it hit his hand. I am not saying for one minute that he did actually mean it, as IMO he didn't.

In saying that I am sure that if a ball goes to hand and the player gains an unfair advantage then the ref should blow. It's too much of a grey area to decide on whether a player meant it or not!

I mean a hand ball has to be deliberate - he says it wasn't therefore he is denying the handball not admitting it.

Boston Celtic That is....mainly due to the way he controlled that ball with his hand tonight .:1222:

justanotherhonestscottiti9.jpg

I think that was McCurry's view of it as well. "Opps silly boy Barry...oh its gone in, goal stands!"

Tube.

The Real Maroonblood

He gained an advatage which is not allowed.

HillmanHearts

Get a grip ! - We were playing well - and the team at the top of the league get a fecking controversial goal to go one up in a semi final - Well feck me it effected the guys confidence. Goals change games !! - If that had been us in the same boat we would no way have got the goal. The ball was set up superbly of his hand to volley home. The Ref had a clear view - and decided against the foul - which in my mind is corruption. Okay we did not respond well to the goal - but the game was in the balance before the goal.

How a handball that controls the ball perfectly for a player who then spins and scores would be allowed in ANY game is unbelievable.

Should've been an immediate foul, no matter if he meant it or not.

if a defender hanballs it even if not deliberatly and it stops a goal scoring opportunity its a foul/penalty. If a player hanballs it and it creates a goal scoring opportunity its a foul.

Archived