Console Talk - FAO Admin

Say What Again

Where what you prefer Console/Gaming posts?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Where what you prefer Console/Gaming posts?

• Console forum with a link at the top of the Shed (old way)
    • Console forum in it's present location
    • No separate forum and all posts about video games/torrents in the Shed

Say What Again

Guys

Has a decision been made about the final layout of the Console forum? I thought it was a trial period to see which layout, old or new, was preferred?

It's just that it seems to by dying a death to me in it's current location. There have only been a dozen posts in it this week - and that's with the 'big 2' football games being released.

The dedicated PS3 forum only has 14 posts in total and 4 of them were on the first day. In it's pomp, the old forum must have been getting that amount of posts per day.

The new location of the forum is also seeing more console talk return to the actual Shed. There are 2 threads (FM2008 and FIFA '09) currently on page 1 and only a day or two ago, the were threads starting FIFA '09 groups and the Pro Evo vs FIFA poll.

Console posts in the Shed proper don't bother me at all as they interest me, but it does defeat the purpose of having a separate console forum.

I did prefer the Console link at he top of the Shed though. That's gone yet the Gullit lounge remains at the top of the Terrace. Does anyone even post in there or does it get filled up with threads moved there by the Mods? :P

I do realise there would be work involved for someone to redesign the layout of the site, I just feel that new layout is wasting a popular forum.

I've added a poll to gauge other peoples thoughts. :P

Heh sorry mate.

I would've have posted it in the console forum, but as you quite rightfully said, I wouldn't have expected much of a response.

I'd rather the link was displayed at the top of the shed as before.

Say What Again
Heh sorry mate.

I would've have posted it in the console forum, but as you quite rightfully said, I wouldn't have expected much of a response

Console posts in the Shed don't bother me mate - it does make a console section in a different location pointless though.

:)

Don't see why console talk can't just be posted in the shed proper.

Wouldn't it make more sense just having a dedicated thread for each console? It's not as if JKB is a console heavy forum.

I appreciate major games such as CoD5, GoW2, FM09 etc will always have their own threads, but for the majority of games, console deals and what nots surely people can stick everything in a console specific thread?

Imo the console forum is crap and I preferred how things were before

Just have the lot in the Shed. JKB is nowhere near active enough to consitute so many forums and it just makes it appear sparse.

Terrace/Shed

Special needs forums which are more rarely used such as the Mart or Supporters clubs.

Thats all it really needs.

Say What Again
JKB is nowhere near active enough to consitute so many forums and it just makes it appear sparse.

I'd agree to a point, though the Console Forum - when it was at the top of the Shed - seemed to encourage more posts. Many different games had their own thread consisting of reviews, tips etc.

I liked reading other peoples thoughts on games as it helped me decided if I wanted to but it or not. That wouldn't happen in the Shed as a post on Halo 3, for example, could be on page 7. Most folk would just start another thread instead of searching for another.

Say What Again
And what would stop people posting a question about Halo 3 in an Xbox specific thread, in the shed?

Nothing - but the threads would have to be a sticky IMO (which is pretty much what the Console talk forum was in it's old location)

As soon as the Xbox thread slipped from the top of the page, then the Halo 3 question would just be posted as a new thread.

Whilst I think you'd get the odd thread, I don't see it being a major problem. For example, how difficult would it be for someone to provide a link to the appropriate thread or tell them to do a search?

there's one or two long standing threads such as the 'what are you listening to' thread that have been successful.

I enjoy consoles/PC gaming but don't really bother with the console forums as I dislike having to switch forums for different subjects every few minutes. the whole different forums for different subjects thing is just getting a bit too much now.

Say What Again
I enjoy consoles/PC gaming but don't really bother with the console forums as I dislike having to switch forums for different subjects every few minutes. the whole different forums for different subjects thing is just getting a bit too much now.

That's what I intended this thread for mate, getting everyones views into one thread.

The Console Talk section as it is now, is pointless.

Say What Again

Come to think of it mate, when the Console Talk forum was at the top of the Shed, you didn't have to jump/swap forums. It was a sub forum of the Shed and you could return to the Shed with one click.

The breadcrumb trail at the top of every page went:

Jambos Kickback > Tynecastle Topics > The Shed > Console Talk > (thread topic)

jack D and coke

Its clear that no one can be a*sed with the way it is now judging by how little activity is now on the console specific threads. I'd like to see it back to the console talk at the top of the shed. Surely not too much bother to switch it back.

The new way is gash, takes you ages to get where you want to go. Get it changed back! And what the feck is an N'Group? :(

Better call Saul
The new way is gash, takes you ages to get where you want to go. Get it changed back! And what the feck is an N'Group? :(

Agreed !!!! Good Thread JaCK D

Say What Again

Blatant BTTT but for a reason.

Do any of the Admin have anything to add? The current setup wins just 5% of the vote.

I'm not trying to stir trouble. I love JKB :wub: but your public has spoken.

You broke it when it didn't need fixed. :adminpower:

I would like it back the way it was, or put a shortcut on the kickback homepage underneath the links for the terrace and shed.

Better call Saul
I would like it back the way it was, or put a shortcut on the kickback homepage underneath the links for the terrace and shed.

I see there has been no feedback from those who deal with this :mad:

Better call Saul
Is Dex currently absent?

Its like Hearts. The "board" ignoring the "plebs":biggrin:

Ha ha your so right :thumb:

Must admit, I was looking for the console forum recently to find out what was being said about Fifa and PES and couldn't find it for ages.

Maybe if we flood the shed with console threads causing admin a lot of work to move them all...

Or just stop using the console forum till its back at the top of the shed

jack D and coke
I see there has been no feedback from those who deal with this :mad:

Aye we're getting slung a deefy on this one.

Some communication would be appreciated.

Better call Saul
For the fans, by the fans. :thumb:

Proved.

END OF.

FACT.

We love you JKB :fing10::bravo:

RESULT:cool:

Thank you Dex :hobofish::P

Guest GhostHunter
Actually in hind sight it was better where it was before.

:eek:

:Funny-Post:

Sorry - have been busy working on some new stuff for the board...like the Video Section at the top (in the navbar)....

:)

Archived