maybury

ASSASSIN

hope this gets sorted before we head to fester rd as i fear for jason thomson and think he will get ripped up for @r$e paper

:107years:

I would expect the egg to return.

to be fair i thought Thomson was one of the better performers on saturday and at least gives his all and tackles well.

Has to be the Egg. Thomson is a haddy I'm afraid.

Thomson looks a lot better going forward than in defence granted... but he's a young lad... don't you think being overly critical of him is a bit harsh.

As far as I can see there is a talented young player there but nobody to bring him through games... If for example we still had Pressley at the club (Elvis in his prime for Hearts), his experience would help the young defenders (Wallace included) through games.

Right now there is no wxperience at the back and it shows, Berra is not a natural leader and lacks the voice or organisational skills to sort out that defence... hence why we look so bad at the back!

Don't get me wrong Berra is good and will get better.... but with a back four of Thomson(or Jonsson)/Zaliukas/Berra/Wallace.... there is nothing for the spl strikers to fear... they know they can push and pull them about throughout the games... and they do!

Would anyone consider puttin Robbie in at CB when he's fit... that might help Berra and add much needed experience and strength to the defense?!

I don't get the hate for Thomson. We've lost 4 games in the league and Jonsson played in two of them at right back, including one where he got tortured and sent off. Thomson was in a side that lost at Ibrox (no his fault for either of the goals) and was one of our better players on Saturday.

I've no seen anyone 'rip him up' in any of the games he's played. I don't think he's great but his performances are no the reason we're currently toiling. I'm more concerned about our other full back at the moment.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Csaba was quoted as saying nothing will be done until January and even then he has to go and ask the 'committee'

So no, we won't have Maybury for the derby or probably ever.

rossthejambo
I don't get the hate for Thomson. We've lost 4 games in the league and Jonsson played in two of them at right back, including one where he got tortured and sent off. Thomson was in a side that lost at Ibrox (no his fault for either of the goals) and was one of our better players on Saturday.

I've no seen anyone 'rip him up' in any of the games he's played. I don't think he's great but his performances are no the reason we're currently toiling. I'm more concerned about our other full back at the moment.

agreed. lee wallace is the bigger worry for me at the moment, and has been since the middle of last season. he is worse than goncalves IMO. he always gets caught out by diagonal balls over the top and he seems almost obsessed with his stepovers when "bombing" :rolleyes: forward. fair enough he is the same age as thomson but i think jason is a better full back than wallace is.

Would anyone consider puttin Robbie in at CB when he's fit... that might help Berra and add much needed experience and strength to the defense?!

Anyone considering playing Neilson as a centre half would need their head examined.

That would seriously weaken the defence.

IMHO, of course.

I'm puzzled by all of the "we're going to get ripped apart by Hibs" threads.

Who's going to do all this ripping apart? They've had two good results in a row, whoop de do.

Csaba was quoted as saying nothing will be done until January and even then he has to go and ask the 'committee'

So no, we won't have Maybury for the derby or probably ever.

When did he say this? At the Clydesdale Bank evening? If so, was he not obviously referring to contracted players?

I read that CL liked what he saw about Maybury and would consult AK and VR. Maybe things have moved on since then. . . in a backward sense.

Archived