Best memories of Hearts

IMA MAROON

Not long now, we will be in administration before the end of the week and then it is all over. So what did you enjoy the most?

Away days on the supporters buses, cars and trains with my mates and also travelling to Europe with the troops. That is what it was all about. Beating Bayern, the Hibs runs, beating Celtic and The cup wins were great as well.

Not long now, we will be in administration before the end of the week and then it is all over. So what did you enjoy the most?

Away days on the supporters buses, cars and trains with my mates and also travelling to Europe with the troops. That is what it was all about. Beating Bayern, the Hibs runs, beating Celtic and The cup wins were great as well.

No1 has to be the '98 cup final. always said that if hearts ever won a cup, i wanted it to be by a single goal so that the full time whistle experience would be to the full. wasn't that picky when it finally happening though, 3-0 would have done nicely.

1985/1986 season was some experience. hearts had basically gone from being a nothing team with a good history to likely league and cup double winners overnight. we went months without defeat, now we can't go a fortnight without defeat.

i would take the pain of another dens park for the experience of the season again.

After all the turmoil, disappointment and struggles, Robbo lifting the cup was possibly the most poignant and memorable moment for me. Nobody will ever take that away from me.

Buffalo Bill

Before I start, I'd just like to thank our friends down Lochend way for allowing us this time to reflect, what with their superb, expert reading and prediction of the financial markets.

Therefore, if this is to be the last week in Hearts' history, I'd like to remember

1983/84 season

Tennents Sixes

1985/86 season

17 in a row

1987/88 season

22 games in a row

Fozzie's goal at Easter Road

Robbo's 27 goals v Hibs

1991/92 season (well, most of it)

Hearts 4 Rangers 2 in the Cup, 1995

1995/96 season

1996 Coca Cola Cup Final

1997/98 season

Winning the cup in 1998

European Games, like Bordeaux, Braga etc etc

Great players like Robbo, Levein, Cameron, Niemi, Hartley, Skacel

Season 2005/06

Hibs 0 Hearts 4 (that semi)

Winning the cup in 2006

Tynecastle Stadium

and chips and curry sauce.

Thank you Heart of Midlothian.

And goodnight.

Buffalo Bill

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I've got a single tear running down my eye reading this.

crying.jpg

Thanks for everything Hearts, it's been emotional.

• Beating one of the old firm in a Scottish Cup final.

• Seeing us win it twice in my lifetime.

• Absolutely peeshing all over hibs in my lifetime.

Farewell Hearts. It's been good.

the feeling when Stamp's goal hit the back of the net...........and then realising i was about 4 rows down from when he shot

LeeBarclay94

For me its:

The 98 Scottish Cup ( I was only 10 at the time but I still remember it like yesterday, grown men crying all around me, everyone jumping up and down singing their hearts out, haymarket to gorgie a sea of maroon and white watching the boys parade the cup!. Amazing times!).

Then theres the semi final against hibs and hartley's hat-trick!, what a day that was, partied for about a week afterwards!...the european trips to Bordeaux, Rotterdam, Braga & Sarajevo I'll never forget.

Phil Stamp spanking home a winner in stoppage time at Easter Rd is up there!. Or Mark De Vries humiliating the wee team on his debut!, Graeme Weir's double!

The start we made under Burley was exciting times as a Jambo, ripping teams to shreads, great atmospheres at Tynie and away from home!

Rudi kissing the badge infront of the hibs fans after his 1st goal against the wee team!

Then the final against Gretna was great too!

I could go on and on!....Hopefully things will change and we can experience some more good times at Tynie and Saturdays can become enjoyable again!

rudi must stay

those games when GB was in charge. We genuinely looked like we could win the league, whether we would have or not who knows but those were the best times to be a Hearts supporter IMO

what nonsense, we are not going into administration this week. hearts have stated that the club is not going be put into administration.

there are many things to be worried about but this is a big overreaction.

those games when GB was in charge. We genuinely looked like we could win the league, whether we would have or not who knows but those were the best times to be a Hearts supporter IMO

I must admit, I thought Hearts would have at least split the bigot brothers when Burley was at the helm, especially after the start you made [yep I'm a hibby but Ireally did think you had the team and manager to make it happen]. I suspect that glory may not have fitted into Vlads plans although I cant work out why they shouldnt be.

LeeBarclay94
what nonsense, we are not going into administration this week. hearts have stated that the club is not going be put into administration.

I agree mate!, I dont think we're gonna go into administration either!. Was just sharing my favorite memories!

stephanepaille

F*****g saddos....realy.

Yous are the type of people that must crap themselves to come out of the house in the morning incase a spaceship hits you.

jeeeeeso.

LeeBarclay94
F*****g saddos....realy.

Yous are the type of people that must crap themselves to come out of the house in the morning incase a spaceship hits you.

jeeeeeso.

mod edit

Oh come on who seriously believes we will fold :cool::greggs_logo:

F*****g saddos....realy.

jeeeeeso.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The IQ of KB is definitely getting lower.

I must admit, I thought Hearts would have at least split the bigot brothers when Burley was at the helm, especially after the start you made [yep I'm a hibby but Ireally did think you had the team and manager to make it happen]. I suspect that glory may not have fitted into Vlads plans although I cant work out why they shouldnt be.

maggot, use your fingers to type the next one, your erse obviously needs a rest.

It's getting worse mate.

****s sake man. What a set of plonkers

stephanepaille

Craigeyboy... i know yous are at the wind up mate, but just in general the doom and gloom merchants on here are hard to stomach !!

And believe me im not a w**k or any other names you fancy dishing out.

The funny thing is that they have this on hibbees bounce as a serious thread. Check link at bottom of the page

Are they thick as **** or what?

The funny thing is that they have this on hibbees bounce as a serious thread. Check link at bottom of the page

Christ, that is shocking.

Not surprising at all though.

excellent!!!!

evening maggots. who's in charge of the brain cell tonight?

LeeBarclay94
Craigeyboy... i know yous are at the wind up mate, but just in general the doom and gloom merchants on here are hard to stomach !!

And believe me im not a w**k or any other names you fancy dishing out.

Debatable!...All I done was listed some of the best memories I have had as a life long, die-hard Jambo and now I'm a "doom and gloom merchant"!

I never once said I thought that we are going into administration, I just got asked to share my memories and thats exectly what I've done!. Apologies if you got the wrong end of the stick though!.

maggot, use your fingers to type the next one, your erse obviously needs a rest.

Maggot, thats good. I gave my honest opinion on the scenario as it related to the Burley era and I suspect that some hearts fans would agree [even inwardly]. btw, I used my fingers this time.:)

As an aside, are you the same Victorian that pots on the scotsman sports forums?

Maggot, thats good. I gave my honest opinion on the scenario as it related to the Burley era and I suspect that some hearts fans would agree [even inwardly]. btw, I used my fingers this time.:)

As an aside, are you the same Victorian that pots on the scotsman sports forums?

none of your business.

your O.P. some tripe about not splitting the bigot brothers..... we did.

cheerio and ehhhh, well thanks for coming.

none of your business.

your O.P. some tripe about not splitting the bigot brothers..... we did.

cheerio and ehhhh, well thanks for coming.

Read it again dude. I was agreeing that I thought you could have:tumbleweed:

Originally Posted by Mork View Post

I must admit, I thought Hearts would have at least split the bigot brothers when Burley was at the helm, especially after the start you made

Did you split them that season?

EDIT: I'll assume 'none of your business' means yes.

Read it again dude. I was agreeing that I thought you could have:tumbleweed:

Did you split them that season?

EDIT: I'll assume 'none of your business' means yes.

yes we did, what's your point?

yes we did, what's your point?

I just googled it and I now dont seem to have a point apart from the fact that I thought it was a different season that you split them].

I just googled it and I now dont seem to have a point apart from the fact that I thought it was a different season that you split them].

well, everyone gets something wrong at some point.

looked like it was a deliberate error, bit of trolling, that's why i called you a maggot.

sorry, you're obviously above maggot in the food chain.

Teuchterjambo

I hope you are right and can only wonder at your unshakeable belief that as "Hearts have stated that the club is not going to be put into adminstration" that is bound to be the truth. Lets not confuse the truth and statements emmanating from Tynecastle in recent times.

Oh and best moments.

Securing Champions League spot against Aberdeen.

That semi- final

Donald Ford scoring last minute winner against Huns in Sc Cup circa 67

98 cup win

Turning into Gorgie Road from Dalry Road/Diggers - sends a shiver of excitement and pride right through me every time - nothing like it. There is a line from a Runrig song appropriately called Hearthammer that goes

"now I'm still here with the eyes of a child the wonder never grows old"

That's it for me same feeling at 58 as I got when I was 14,

The Long Ball
Before I start, I'd just like to thank our friends down Lochend way for allowing us this time to reflect, what with their superb, expert reading and prediction of the financial markets.

Therefore, if this is to be the last week in Hearts' history, I'd like to remember

1983/84 season

Tennents Sixes

1985/86 season

17 in a row

1987/88 season

22 games in a row

Robbo's 27 goals v Hibs

1995/96 season

1996 Coca Cola Cup Final

1997/98 season

Winning the cup in 1998

Season 2005/06

Winning the cup in 2006

Tynecastle Stadium

And goodnight.

Buffalo Bill

Bravo.

I hope to taste chips and curry sauce again soon!!

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
After all the turmoil, disappointment and struggles, Robbo lifting the cup was possibly the most poignant and memorable moment for me. Nobody will ever take that away from me.

Yes, that was the true moment for me also.

I remember the late 70's and the decay of the club and the total rebirth and incredible excitement, unbelievable excitement of 1986.

That team was MY Hearts team and though wee John Colquhoun was my all time greatest Hearts idol, Robbo was the wee guy who did the most important job: the goals.

JC, Gary, Craigie, Henry, Sandy, Chuck, Roger, all these guys.

Robbo's lifting of that trophy was the greatest moment for me because it was the link to 1986. The year HMFC was born again.

Ermmm...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RP2rtexGio0&feature=related

:P

Geoff Kilpatrick

1983/84 season

Tennents Sixes

1985/86 season

17 in a row

1987/88 season

22 games in a row

Robbo's 27 goals v Hibs

1995/96 season

1996 Coca Cola Cup Final

1997/98 season

Winning the cup in 1998

Season 2005/06

Winning the cup in 2006

Tynecastle Stadium

And goodnight.

Buffalo Bill

Thanks BB. I echo all you say and feel very melancholy on this Thursday morning over here.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Or else we have a lot of American fans - they don't do irony! :)

No1 has to be the '98 cup final. always said that if hearts ever won a cup, i wanted it to be by a single goal so that the full time whistle experience would be to the full. wasn't that picky when it finally happening though, 3-0 would have done nicely.

1985/1986 season was some experience. hearts had basically gone from being a nothing team with a good history to likely league and cup double winners overnight. we went months without defeat, now we can't go a fortnight without defeat.

i would take the pain of another dens park for the experience of the season again.

Tend to agree with you.

Buffalo Bill

Not long now lads and lassies.

Tick tock tick tock

*I wonder who Stenhousemuir are playing on Saturday? :rolleyes:*

*Did I mention last game of 99/00?*

Buffalo Bill

J.T.F.Robertson
Thanks BB. I echo all you say and feel very melancholy on this Thursday morning over here.

As do I, on this Wednesday afternoon, over here.

It really doesn't bear thinking about, if it did happen, I mean and I can't imagine how I'd handle it. Then there's the unmitigated joy it would elicit among the bitters from across the street. (not the most relevant factor, but a heavy cross to bear, nonetheless)

Anyway, 85/86 ranks right up there, even 'tho I was only actually home, from the Aberdeen league game at Tynie, on.

Obviously, the whole weekend of the '98 final.

The '06 semi takes some beating. I only arrived two days prior, so to kick the holiday off like that ....... well, suffice to say, it set me up for the remainder of my trip.

It's a long time ago, but the 6-5, Tannadice cup win , back in '68, or whatever, was an unforgettable game, also.

1983/84 season

Tennents Sixes

1985/86 season

17 in a row

1987/88 season

22 games in a row

Robbo's 27 goals v Hibs

1995/96 season

1996 Coca Cola Cup Final

1997/98 season

Winning the cup in 1998

Season 2005/06

Winning the cup in 2006

Tynecastle Stadium

And goodnight.

Buffalo Bill

Here here bill the only one i'd add would be iain fergusons against bayern in feb 1989. :):):)

Archived