Berra

rudi must stay

You honestly think Berra should be in the Scotland team.The way he is playing he is lucky to be in our team.

Kirk Broadfoot!

You honestly think Berra should be in the Scotland team.The way he is playing he is lucky to be in our team.

Spot on sir

rudi must stay

think that's a bit of an exaggeration mate. Apart from their 2nd goal on Saturday he had a great match, they only had 1 shot on target all second half which tells you we were pretty comfortable.

think that's a bit of an exaggeration mate. Apart from their 2nd goal on Saturday he had a great match, they only had 1 shot on target all second half which tells you we were pretty comfortable.

You have to be kidding.He has been mince all season.Im not his biggest fan anyway.Slow not commanding in the air.Gets pushed off the ball too easy and never a captain.I put my derby team on here he wasnt even in it i had Zaliukas and Karapidis.(Not saying Zal is better but playing better just now).

We werent talking about him mate.

My point is

Kirk Broadfoot gets picked because of the colour shirt he plays in on a Saturday

He is without a shadow od doubt the worst footballer I have ever seen

Berra deserves his place as he plays well most weeks

You have to be kidding.He has been mince all season.Im not his biggest fan anyway.Slow not commanding in the air.Gets pushed off the ball too easy and never a captain.I put my derby team on here he wasnt even in it i had Zaliukas and Karapidis.(Not saying Zal is better but playing better just now).

i did the same

rudi must stay

can't understand that. He's the captain and it's one of our biggest games of the season, course you'd play him

My point is

Kirk Broadfoot gets picked because of the colour shirt he plays in on a Saturday

He is without a shadow od doubt the worst footballer I have ever seen

Berra deserves his place as he plays well most weeks

Kirk Broadfoot would walk into our team.

can't understand that. He's the captain and it's one of our biggest games of the season, course you'd play him

Our captain in name only.Never a captain and no i wouldnt play him.Vastly overrated.

Kirk Broadfoot!

Broadfoot was ALWAYS going to get called up, he's an oldfirm player now!, nothing to do with his lack of ability, that dosen't matter anymore! Remember Tosh McKinlay?, played six good years at Hearts, not a sniff of a cap, signs for Celtic and he's in the next squad within a couple of weeks! Might've been the same with Mike Galloway actually, not 100% sure about that one though. I've said before that Berra is a decent player to have around a squad at club level but we're so short in quality, he's playing regularly, if we had a McPherson, Levein, McLaren, Jardine or Weir type, that's what he would be.

rudi must stay
Our captain in name only.Never a captain and no i wouldnt play him.Vastly overrated.

maybe but to leave him out and put in a partnership that hasn't played together in a game like this is pretty risky imo

CornhillHearts

Thank god Berra is not a Lith., for what its worth he is my most consistent player this season, by far.

Broadfoot was ALWAYS going to get called up, he's an oldfirm player now!, nothing to do with his lack of ability, that dosen't matter anymore! Remember Tosh McKinlay?, played six good years at Hearts, not a sniff of a cap, signs for Celtic and he's in the next squad within a couple of weeks! Might've been the same with Mike Galloway actually, not 100% sure about that one though. I've said before that Berra is a decent player to have around a squad at club level but we're so short in quality, he's playing regularly, if we had a McPherson, Levein, McLaren, Jardine or Weir type, that's what he would be.

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say that I don't think Broadfoot is in the team because he's OF I think he is, at the moment, the best option we have. I don't think Berra is ready for the team tbh and I wouldn't want his first major match to be one which is so important.

I also don't think Broadfoot is as bad as everyone makes out - he's solid enough and has european experience with Rangers so I can see why Burley would think him a good option, besides he played well against Iceland so theres no reason to take him out of the team.

Berra has been very average this season, he's not ready to be first pick for Scotland, he's lucky to be in the squad. Broadfoot the worst player you've seen? Have you seen Wallace, Nielson, Zaliukas to name a few. Broadfoot has been a revelation for the gers this season. Set up 2 last week, had a blinder in the old firm game and scored on his Scotland debut. Yeah that sounds p1sh right enough

Aye it galls me to say it, but Broadfoot is there on merit. Fact is we dont have many options there. I like wee Hart that played wi Aberdeen, but hes no been quoted. Scotland missing a guy like Hutton, means we have to dig deep and at the moment maybe Clubfoot is the best option (name a better right back at the mo....). The guy works his coak aff, so fair play to him

Diving barsteward tho

Anyway - off topic. Berra isnt ready to be Scotland regular, but I think he will be in a season or two. I hate seeing that turncoat Weir in the team to tell the truth.

Benny Factor
Aye it galls me to say it, but Broadfoot is there on merit. Fact is we dont have many options there. I like wee Hart that played wi Aberdeen, but hes no been quoted. Scotland missing a guy like Hutton, means we have to dig deep and at the moment maybe Clubfoot is the best option (name a better right back at the mo....). The guy works his coak aff, so fair play to him

Diving barsteward tho

Anyway - off topic. Berra isnt ready to be Scotland regular, but I think he will be in a season or two. I hate seeing that turncoat Weir in the team to tell the truth.

I don't whether that says more about either how bad Broadfoot is or how bad the rest of Scotland's right-backs are.......

I don't whether that says more about either how bad Broadfoot is or how bad the rest of Scotland's right-backs are.......

Yup!

The masochist in me would start with Zaliukas and Karapidis in central defence at Easter Road. Just to prove a point.

There are a number of factors dragging Berra's performances down. I'll admit the captaincy as one - but the biggest one is his current central defensive partner.

Even if we win next weekend and Zal scores the winner again, I'd still have Berra in the team ahead of Zaliukas by the length and breadth of Calder, Gorgie, Dalry roads and many more combined.

That said, in our current finacial state the ?2m for Berra would be alot handier than the the thrupence ha'penny we would get for Zaliukas.

I like Berra but I don't think that he's showing any signs of improving his game.

Whether that is due to a lack of coaching or lack of mentors I don't know. But he doesn't dominate, doesn't score enough or create enough problems at free kicks and corners in the opposition box and his distribution isn't getting any better.

I like Berra but I don't think that he's showing any signs of improving his game.

Whether that is due to a lack of coaching or lack of mentors I don't know. But he doesn't dominate, doesn't score enough or create enough problems at free kicks and corners in the opposition box and his distribution isn't getting any better.

I think that's a problem we're seeing with a lot if not all of the team at the moment. It stands out more in the younger players because their game is not yet at a high level but it's not developing.

Thank god Berra is not a Lith., for what its worth he is my most consistent player this season, by far.

Your on the wind up.Stewart has been a stand out this season by a mile.Id say Zaliukas has been better too.Prob the goalkeeper as well.Berra has been ****e all season.

Archived