I Said It At The Start of the Season, and I'll Say it Again

Makween

We only have two problems - we don't score enough goals and we concede too many goals. If we can sort that out, we'll be on easy street.

Take Saturday's game as an example. If we'd even just scored one more and conceded one less, we'd have won 2-1.

Does anyone agree that these are the two main areas where we need to strengthen?

Horatio Caine
We only have two problems - we don't score enough goals and we concede too many goals. If we can sort that out, we'll be on easy street.

Take Saturday's game as an example. If we'd even just scored one more and conceded one less, we'd have won 2-1.

Does anyone agree that these are the two main areas where we need to strengthen?

Agree. Score at least one more than your opponent.

I thought that was the whole object of the game? Or have I missed something along the way.

Well spotted by the way.

Take Saturday's game as an example. If we'd even just scored one more and conceded one less, we'd have won 2-1

Pointing out the obvious for every football club in the world are you not?

heartsfc_fan

Talk about stating the obvious :rolleyes:

Perhaps the solution to the problem is - we just ain't good enough!

Tactical genius;)

Pointing out the obvious for every football club in the world are you not?

No. If Hamilton had scored one more and conceded one less, they'd still have lost 3-1.

No. If Hamilton had scored one more and conceded one less, they'd still have lost 3-1.

ur missin the point mate!

ur post was crap jus admit it haha..jj mate

i just meant that ur generally explainin the whole point in a game of football

Walter Payton

Nice work Makween. Are you going to be running coaching courses anywhere?

Talk about stating the obvious :rolleyes:

Perhaps the solution to the problem is - we just ain't good enough!

Correct!!

I would prefer a better looking strip to scoring more goals.

Maybe more blue

And red.

And more white as well.

And we could maybe swap conceding less goals for an orange away strip.

I reject the notion that scoring more and conceding less is the answer.

What we need is Vlad out, Csaba exposed as the puppet he is and SPL refs to GTF !!

Winning games and playing attractive football is not the JKB way :rolleyes:

Cut The Crap

Strongly disagree.

It's "fewer". :P

I agree. Sometimes we look for complicated answers when simple answer will do the trick.

Can someone with 'contacts' get this message to Csaba? This could really turn our season around.

:jambobanana:

2108 attempts and Makween has finally posted something worth reading.

And to the people who bit - for shame.

like you :)

Cant believe people replied with the "stating the obvious" :laugh:

Well put though Makween.

what do you mean??

he is stating the obvious :P

The People's Chimp
I think what he means to say is:

Our defence is pish and our attack is pish

INdeed, bombscare zally in defence and mole blind to the goal up front.

it's a terrifying prospect for most on here.

Aquascutum scarfs are pish!!!!

BURBURRY...The Wee Man likes to wrap up in BURBURRY!!! :P

He couldn't afford Aquascrotum!! :107years:

No sh't, Einstein.

Taking it to extremes, 3rd May '86 ... Would have been a draw and we'd have won the league.

Good guy or vvank- you choose

Smoked-Glass

it's like that only fools are horses moment when rodney says "we need to find a way of making money from nothing" duh.

I've got a plan for the next game, we should score more goals and not conceed any. How's that for a master plan!!!

And I thought he was being serious. So much so that I actually added his thoughts into my copy of 'The Apocalypse of Makween' :(

Time to look out the tipex

eddie fenwick

you are very wisdomous:cool:

u'd better get youself to riccarton and inform csaba1

it's like that only fools are horses moment when rodney says "we need to find a way of making money from nothing" duh.

I've got a plan for the next game, we should score more goals and not conceed any. How's that for a master plan!!!

Too ambitious, we have to walk before we can run (to wit: any of Nade's appearances).

Finally some sense from the support, though. Thanks, Makween. Very encouraging to see some clear thinking on here. I can't resist the desire to be controversial, however. My feeling is that it would assist in putting your plan in action if we played our best, fittest players in their proper position. I realized that this is a "political" statement the way things are in the support these days, but I thought I would throw it out there.

The Future's Maroon
Sorry, but I dont agree because I think we need to strengthen in almost every department not just at the back and upfront. Of course we do have some really good players, but they just dont seem to be clicking properly....maybe its just a wee bad spell and come the Derby it will all fall into place and all the negative posts will vanish?

Funny how fickle fans are?!

BURBURRY...The Wee Man likes to wrap up in BURBURRY!!! :P

He couldn't afford Aquascrotum!! :107years:

I have never worn Burberry. I had an Aquascutum scarf when I was about 17.

You're a strange man, if you're going to stalk me then at least be up to date about it.

Burberry is more expensive than Aqua. I own a cashmere Burberry scarf which I wear with pride on the odd occasion I dig it out. It cost far more than than any Aquascutum scarf.

You should be in the dugout on a Saturday mate... replace that Burger bloke!;)

if in every game we play we score more goals than the other team then we'll win every competition we enter. Easy peasy!

Walter Payton
if in every game we play we score more goals than the other team then we'll win every competition we enter. Easy peasy!

Sorry, that's nonsense. The annual SPL mascots race doesn't depend on anybody scoring goals at all. Leave the tactical thinking to Makween.

rossthejambo
You should be in the dugout on a Saturday mate... replace that Burger bloke!;)

Who? Nade? :rolleyes:

Sorry, that's nonsense. The annual SPL mascots race doesn't depend on anybody scoring goals at all. Leave the tactical thinking to Makween.

You're right. And there's the family race night to win too. This is harder than it looks ...

hearts_crazy

Wow, who would have thought it would be so simple. You are so much smarter than us mere mortals, maybe you should go into football management yourself.

Here I think you deserve this certified_genius_award.gif.

On the other hand maybe you should just stick to threads about Celtic after all.

What I also think that our players should aim for is, when they pass the ball, aiming to pass to another Hearts player and avoid any chance of an interception from an opposition player. That way, we should be better at retaining possession.

Does anyone else think that this tactic could work? I'd appreciate hearts_crazy's thoughts on this, he seems like a pretty clued up guy.

hearts_crazy
What I also think that our players should aim for is, when they pass the ball, aiming to pass to another Hearts player and avoid any chance of an interception from an opposition player. That way, we should be better at retaining possession.

Does anyone else think that this tactic could work? I'd appreciate hearts_crazy's thoughts on this, he seems like a pretty clued up guy.

What a brilliant idea, and what about when we take free kicks, kicking the ball into the net instead of Row 52. And it would help if when taking corners we tried to get the ball to a Hearts player instead of into the opposition goalies arms.

Get Csaba on the phone.

What a brilliant idea, and what about when we take free kicks, kicking the ball into the net instead of Row 52. And it would help if when taking corners we tried to get the ball to a Hearts player instead of into the opposition goalies arms.

Get Csaba on the phone.

Now you're getting it!

I also think that, in order to give away less fouls, we should try not to make contact with the opposition player when tackling where possible, and try to take the ball first if contact is inevitable. GreigB1989, back me up on this.

Now you're getting it!

I also think that, in order to give away less fouls, we should try not to make contact with the opposition player when tackling where possible, and try to take the ball first if contact is inevitable. GreigB1989, back me up on this.

yous lot are comin up with lots of good ideas here!

i think you should tell csaba personally one to one...u neva no u might get a job :)

Archived