Well done Rangers

Makween

The dirty vhile mhanks will have to come out now with something 'similar'

Those child ******* will not want any spotlight taken away from their good deeds

CFC were set up as a charity, so think they already ahead of their neighbours on that score.

A quick google search is also already run a charity cup, http://www.celticfc.net/news/stories/news_190808134948.aspx

Anyway on matters like this I give credit to both clubs, it's always good to give to those less fortunate than yourself but as stated above charity starts from the home.

coatbridgejambo
That's both sides of the OF raised something for the kids. ;)

nice one ,i like it alot

See my other post. Celtic FC have been active in the charitable field for a long time - indeed, one could argue since their inception.

Incidentally, a cynic might suggest that the only reason the huns are getting involved in this is to try and do something for their reputation, which has always been pretty low, and is in tatters across Europe, especially following their recent series of horrific incidents on their travels which culminated in the disgusting and moronic mass riots on the streets of Manchester.

Still, good luck to them. Can't help feel the education of their own neanderthal support should be more of a priority for Sir David, but nevertheless...

I pretty much agree with all you've said.

When I saw the pics of Davros signing the paperwork on Sky Sports News I was absolutely stunned.

I had a look at the Celtic link on here re the good causes they support : i agree that they (Rangers) could look closer to home and also tying up with Celtic would promote a genuine 'feelgood' in the sense that the two clubs are able to come together. Why Unicef ? Why India?

I feel cynical about the whole thing but have to recognise that they deserve a pat on the back for doing something positive.

First time I saw you you Wee Man, All wrapped up in you wee Burburry Scarf, your wee Burburry hat and your Wee Man Attitude I KNEW you were a Hun........Kiddo!! :P

Surely some mistake.....

.. I'm extremely well dressed...

Burberry scarf & hat! Oh dear.

Guest S.U.S.S.
See my other post. Celtic FC have been active in the charitable field for a long time - indeed, one could argue since their inception.

Incidentally, a cynic might suggest that the only reason the huns are getting involved in this is to try and do something for their reputation, which has always been pretty low, and is in tatters across Europe, especially following their recent series of horrific incidents on their travels which culminated in the disgusting and moronic mass riots on the streets of Manchester.

Still, good luck to them. Can't help feel the education of their own neanderthal support should be more of a priority for Sir David, but nevertheless...

The huns and the tims will never try to educate their own support, if they actually succeeded, then their revenue streams are drastically reduced.

I'm interested in what your comments would have been if it was Celtic doing the initative.

Great post my man - Beat me to it!

No doubt the Loyal Bunch would be shooting it down in flames.

* But I can't fault them for trying to better the lives of people less fortunate than every single person on here. I just think they have more pressing responsibilities closer to home.

Have to admit that was the first thing that I thought of when I heard that on the radio yesterday, not dissing them as it is a genuinely good cause.

However, when you consider some areas of Glasgow have a mortality rate worse than most areas of India and anybody that has visited the 'fair' city :rolleyes: will acknowledge there is something wrong with their education system

The amount of ***pathisers on here is quite sickening

Celtic are the ENEMY people!

To some. However, both clubs deserve credit for any good works they carry out.

And I also think it's sad that some think a real case of child abuse should be used to score petty points. :sad:

I P Knightley
Have to admit that was the first thing that I thought of when I heard that on the radio yesterday, not dissing them as it is a genuinely good cause.

However, when you consider some areas of Glasgow have a mortality rate worse than most areas of India and anybody that has visited the 'fair' city :rolleyes: will acknowledge there is something wrong with their education system

Why India?

Well, they know that 50% of Glasgow will spend their income on Rangers kit at the current level of education and poverty. They know that this would be unlikely to increase.

Move, however, to one of the fastest growing economies, an English speaking one at that, where there is not a significant native football presence and you have what is called, in management bull, a Blue Ocean market. There's no one in there building awareness of their football brand (though the natives will choose from Manyoo, Liverpool, Arse, Real Madrid etc).

A club that were to get in there quick and do a substantial and visible amount of good has raised awareness and, with it, a bundle of brand loyalty.

It's called 'Corporate Social Responsibility'.

Of the BRIC countries, Brazil has its own football heritage, as does Russia. China's a hell of a difficult market to do business in and they're not in the business of welcoming aid, plus there's the language. That leaves India and all its hundreds of millions of potential customers.

I didn't get the feeling that they were particularly sympathising with Celtic; more that they were having a pop at Makween for his one-eyed view of things in the West.

(Top marks to the man who pointed out the 'what's skin colour got to do with it?' and 'the coloured boy in the crowd' inconsistency.)

(Top marks to the man who pointed out the 'what's skin colour got to do with it?' and 'the coloured boy in the crowd' inconsistency.)

He was red and yellow and green and brown

And scarlet and black and ochre and peach

And ruby and olive and violet and fawn

And lilac and gold and chocolate and mauve

And cream and crimson and silver and rose

And azure and lemon and russet and greeeeyyyyyyyyyy

You won't find a 'coloured' person describe themselves as coloured....nuff said....

Commander Harris

Russet! Russet! :D

you forgot "purple and white and pink and orange and red and yellow and green and brown and blue". :)

Russet! Russet! :D

you forgot "purple and white and pink and orange and red and yellow and green and brown and blue". :)

I forgot about three verses worth actually....I could post them if anyone fancies a wee singalong. ;)

shaun.lawson
And I also think it's sad that some think a real case of child abuse should be used to score petty points. :sad:

I find it shocking and disgraceful. Child abuse is about as horrendous an experience as anyone can conceive of - heaven only knows what the victims must think when the moronic chants start up.

Commander Harris
I forgot about three verses worth actually....I could post them if anyone fancies a wee singalong. ;)

I love a bit of musical theatre. :)

Don't know if I'm allowed to say that on a Hearts board though! :D

Try and at least be a bit funny.

You post like a dunce,and if the cap fits.

Has your mother ironed your balaclava,or will the GVF not be ambushing outside M@S tonight

Don't talk nonsense, kiddo. I'm obviously not a dunce.

First time I saw you you Wee Man, All wrapped up in you wee Burburry Scarf, your wee Burburry hat and your Wee Man Attitude I KNEW you were a Hun........Kiddo!! :P

I have never owned a Burberry hat or a Burberry scarf. Don't talk ****.

On the thread just above this one (as I type this)

I hate to bite, but inconsistent wind ups are just lazy.

I called him "the coloured boy" because I was describing his physical appearance. If I hadn't done that, no-one would've known who I was talking about.

If anyone was offended by my use of the word "coloured", I apologise. :) It's clearly not the same situation as this, in that Colonel Kurtz was making an issue of my race on this thread for no reason whatsoever. With views like his, it's no wonder that he can't bring himself to praise Rangers' charity work in India. :sad:

Spitonastranger

your a tory so your comments arent surprising:p

Colonel Kurtz
Don't talk nonsense, kiddo. I'm obviously not a dunce.

I called him "the coloured boy" because I was describing his physical appearance. If I hadn't done that, no-one would've known who I was talking about.

If anyone was offended by my use of the word "coloured", I apologise. :) It's clearly not the same situation as this, in that Colonel Kurtz was making an issue of my race on this thread for no reason whatsoever. With views like his, it's no wonder that he can't bring himself to praise Rangers' charity work in India. :sad:

It was Graham Speirs who described Rangers fans as "white underclass"

Personally I would describe them as "Tornado bait,trailer trash"

I saw a repeat last night of Mcintyres underworld and the german ******y skinheid boy,who was besotted by Mad Dog Adair,made me think of you and your mates in the GVF.

Wrong.

The OF are the enemy!

Was it Aquascutum then??

Noonsense - I dont see ANY Celtic sympathisers on this board. I do see a few Rangers sympathisers which is what I dont understand. As a Hearts fan I find I find both halves of the OF to be the enemy. It is because these two clubs have built up their huge supports on religious hatred and intolerance that they have moved so far ahead of every other club in Scotland and as a result my club - Hearts - have had so little success over the years. Anyone who thinks that only one side of the OF are the enemy is clearly doing so for religious reasons and in my opinion religion and politics have no place in football.

Was it Aquascutum then??

Yes.

Noonsense - I dont see ANY Celtic sympathisers on this board. I do see a few Rangers sympathisers which is what I dont understand. As a Hearts fan I find I find both halves of the OF to be the enemy. It is because these two clubs have built up their huge supports on religious hatred and intolerance that they have moved so far ahead of every other club in Scotland and as a result my club - Hearts - have had so little success over the years. Anyone who thinks that only one side of the OF are the enemy is clearly doing so for religious reasons and in my opinion religion and politics have no place in football.

Please name a Rangers sympathiser.

Fair point.

Aquascutum is and always has been Chavs clothing Kiddo

Thanks for letting me know, kiddo. If only I had a time machine to go back to the days when I used to wear anything by Aquascutum, I'd let myself know.

Chip Douglas
Thanks for letting me know, kiddo. If only I had a time machine to go back to the days when I used to wear anything by Aquascutum, I'd let myself know.

Please stay on topic and don't try to turn this into a slanging match. It's against the rules.

So you're a recovering chav, good luck with that, just take one day at a time

Please stay on topic and don't try to turn this into a slanging match. It's against the rules.

Shouldn't you have quoted someone else there? I was answering comments made by other people, although you're right that I shouldn't have let them drag me down to their level.

Rudolf's Mate
It's sad that you've apparently felt the need to turn a positive thread into an off topic slanging match. I don't understand why some people can't find it in their bitter hearts to applaud this excellent initiative.

Just feel lucky that I'm not calling on my homies the mods.

Maybe because you seem happiest when you are slagging off players who went to Celtic and not the ones who went to the other side!

Maybe because you seem happiest when you are slagging off players who went to Celtic and not the ones who went to the other side!

What does that have to do with the sterling work that Rangers are doing in India? Please try to stay on topic, kiddo.

Rudolf's Mate
What does that have to do with the sterling work that Rangers are doing in India? Please try to stay on topic, kiddo.

I've seen you turn threads into slanging matches going off topic time and time again. How old are you?

I've seen you turn threads into slanging matches going off topic time and time again. How old are you?

I'm 21. No you haven't. Please try and stay on topic.

I love this kiddo banter, i'm sure that pretty soon all the cool kids wearing burberry scarves and shellsuits will be saying it.

• Moderators

that's enough off-topic "banter" thanks. I'm sure everyone that wants to has had the opportunity to congratulate Rangers.

Thread closed.

Archived