Why did you choose your avatar

Hambone

luckyBatistuta

:2thumbsup:

I will also tell anybody that will listen what a great wee guy Robbo is. My dear old mum would too if she was still with us.

She was obviously made of the right stuff mate?respect.

My ex wife is Lebanese. The avatar is the Lebanese FA crest. And the avatar has lasted longer than our marriage!

I shouldn't, but I did

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unknown user

My ex wife is Lebanese. The avatar is the Lebanese FA crest. And the avatar has lasted longer than our marriage!

Well no wonder she's your ex if she's Lebanese, ran off with another woman I imagine

Well no wonder she's your ex if she's Lebanese, ran off with another woman I imagine

:bravo:

Punks No Deid

A nod to my favourite band and my favourite album is "Lets Start A War". Got this classic Exploited skull tattoo on my leg.

bajthejambo

Because I was obsessed with My Bloody Valentine when I opened my account. Put the yellow stirpes on it ala our current kit as everyone else was doing it and I'm a slave to trends.

Fitzroy Pointon

For my unwavering belief in Cathro. :wub:

I was looking at your avatar earlier and thought it might have been yourself.  Then I looked closer :rofl:

I was looking at your avatar earlier and thought it might have been yourself.  Then I looked closer :rofl:

C'mon, you've got to fess up about the name 'Salad Fingers'.

It's intriguing.

Pans Jambo

Because my lad says I'm a grumpy git and that pic is a grumpy looking Scotsman on my cooking apron. He laughs as it says 'if its not Scottish...It's crap' which I agree with 100%.

Yes I know... Cooking apron  :facepalm:

Fitzroy Pointon

It's intriguing.

52 minutes and 31 seconds of great delight.  

Enjoy  :2thumbsup:

Unknown user

It's intriguing.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salad_Fingers

Summary

Salad Fingers is David Firth?s popular flash cartoon series on Newgrounds. According to Wikipedia, in 2005 it ranked top ten in the pop culture phenomenon of that year. The series is often described as a ?surreal psychological horror cartoon? and features a monstrous-looking character called Salad Fingers, who often draws pleasure from carressing rusty spoons and nettles. One of his most popular phrases is ?I like it when the red water comes out,? referring to his own blood that came out of self-inflicted wound from a nail. The cartoon also later features Salad Fingers? puppet friends, Jeremy Fisher, Majory Stewart-Baxter and Hubert Cumberdale.

:o

52 minutes and 31 seconds of great delight.  

Enjoy  :2thumbsup:

:pleasing:

Love David Firth's stuff.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I started with one of the pictures provided on here of Sandy Clark and then whilst watching the Tour de France decided to go for a King of The Mountains shirt in dark red/ maroon. I do a bit of cycling and climb the odd mountain so seemed legit. Think about changing it from time to time but so far haven't bothered.

Fitzroy Pointon

Because my lad says I'm a grumpy git and that pic is a grumpy looking Scotsman on my cooking apron. He laughs as it says 'if its not Scottish...It's crap' which I agree with 100%.

Yes I know... Cooking apron  :facepalm:

I always thought that was a heart :rofl:  now I can't see the heart. 

North Berwick Jambo

My one is the beach just 30 seconds from my front door :)

My one is the beach just 30 seconds from my front door :)

Ian and Smithee have the monopoly on the only suitable reply.

:wink:

Riddley Walker

MIne is one of the opening shots of this video. Love the tune and the video.

3fingersreid

My great-grandad standing centre back row , first in the family to say **** the hibs I believe ;)

MIne is one of the opening shots of this video. Love the tune and the video.

:yas:  :yas:  :yas:

My youngest was into LazyTown when I first got Robbie Rotten - he just fits in nicely with my Mafia game alter-ego (when I'm a naughty boy). And him eating a sandwich reminded me of a Meat Loaf concert I was at when Mr Loaf was doing a dialogue about some poor young lad who had nothing and was starving etc (no doubt as a pre-cursor to one of the songs, can't remember which one) when my mate, just at a quiet bit shouted out 'Gie him a sandwich'.

Well, it was funny at the time :D

Wow. As a sobering follow up to this wee tale that same mate took his own life completely out of the blue in 2012. 

I made mine. The shape is the State of Arizona, where I'm from.

I like that, Justin.

Very inventive. :)

Craig Gordons Gloves

It's our national drink and i can't get it very much over here. So a nod to my heritage and homesickness. My ideal avatar would be a roll and square sausage and a glass bottle of bru.

queensferryjambo

Mine is a congratulations press advert from 1956 by Youngers congratulating Hearts on the Scottish Cup win. I coloured it in and thought it looked cool. I had great plans to make a bigger sized print of it but have been far too lazy. Looks good small but in reality it is a bit of a half arsed photoshop in any bigger sizes - maybe finish it one day.

Here is one example of it being in print back in the day.

16730496_1454605204570448_14214980782858

My old Avatar was my Ramones inspired 2012 Cup design but got fed up with it - 

969478_10201115752801131_1802340680_n.jp

North Berwick Jambo

:laugh: sorry, that just came out

I was thinking the same to be honest :D

Ian and Smithee have the monopoly on the only suitable reply.

:wink:

Ha ha easy now! It?s not always paradise, apparently its only 26c tomorrow :)

Ha ha easy now! It?s not always paradise, apparently its only 26c tomorrow :)

23c for us tomorrow mate. :thumb:

Mine is a congratulations press advert from 1956 by Youngers congratulating Hearts on the Scottish Cup win. I coloured it in and thought it looked cool. I had great plans to make a bigger sized print of it but have been far too lazy. Looks good small but in reality it is a bit of a half arsed photoshop in any bigger sizes - maybe finish it one day.

Here is one example of it being in print back in the day.

16730496_1454605204570448_14214980782858

My old Avatar was my Ramones inspired 2012 Cup design but got fed up with it - 

969478_10201115752801131_1802340680_n.jp

IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

Never knew that was the Hibs chairman/major shareholder handing the trophy to Freddie Glidden. A lot more conviviality and sportsmanship in those days.

Clock Petrie's kisser when Rudi lifts the Cup in 2012 to see the diff. :D

Riddley Walker

23c for us tomorrow mate. :thumb:

30c here today, expected to hit 32/33 tomorrow. Going to hit the beach after the Huns game, come back and fire up the barbecue, drink some ice-cold beer and generally have a lovely day.

Moving back home in 2 weeks though.

Yay.

30c here today, expected to hit 32/33 tomorrow. Going to hit the beach after the Huns game, come back and fire up the barbecue, drink some ice-cold beer and generally have a lovely day.

Moving back home in 2 weeks though.

Yay.

Where are you living Riddley?

South of Greece. It's sweltering today.

We've got 24 degrees today. Feels more.

davemclaren

Photograph of the badge on the scarf my dad gave me to wear after my first Hearts game in 65. He said he wore the scarf to the 56 final.

The Real Maroonblood

Photograph of the badge on the scarf my dad gave me to wear after my first Hearts game in 65. He said he wore the scarf to the 56 final.

Got the same scarf although a little worn out a bit like myself.

4th goal celebrations in the cup final. I'm at the right of Ian Blacks head...

I used to rotate between the great Brazilian, our ironically named right back and Paul Hartley. Then I found this photo of the great man playing against the greatest player of all time. Two geniuses.

Archived