Why did you choose your avatar

Hambone

My current avatar (which I've had for ages now) is a tribute to a remarkable cat. A living (or not living) legend, this cat of unknown name, undefined breed, unstated sex and uncertain state of vitality occupies a very special position in the hearts and minds of those whose imaginations are inspired by science and philosophy. With eight and a half lives less than other cats, whether this cat has half a life or a half life is neither here nor there. A unique and paradoxical cat. And despite all the absent and present evidence both supporting and to the contrary, a cat that is perfectly safe. The most important cat in the world. Ever.

caticon_thumb.gif

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, and that post above was my 3,333rd. What would Heisenberg have said? :confused:

And Yep, Romanov Stole My Pension. Best avatar and username combo ever. :biggrin:

Commander Harris
My current avatar (which I've had for ages now) is a tribute to a remarkable cat. A living (or not living) legend, this cat of unknown name, undefined breed, unstated sex and uncertain state of vitality occupies a very special position in the hearts and minds of those whose imaginations are inspired by science and philosophy. With eight and a half lives less than other cats, whether this cat has half a life or a half life is neither here nor there. A unique and paradoxical cat. And despite all the absent and present evidence both supporting and to the contrary, a cat that is perfectly safe. The most important cat in the world. Ever.

in your avatar the cat appears to have an observer :)

Kalamazoo Jambo

Taken from the cover of the Super Furry Animals album 'Radiator'.

Couldn't choose between bear or reflection, so I decided I needed both :)

B000024ZXA.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

because you can say hello to my little friend.

used to be wilson from castaway, which i was watching last night - might bring him back one day :)

• 9 years later...
Unknown user

It's quicker and easier than replying to every single person who wishes I'd piss off

Notorious BIG

Mine because he was the king of rock 'n' roll

Died far to early

Saw the man 12 times live

Named my 1st born after his daughter Sarah

Sad but true.

Mr Philip Lynott

My previous avatar was Phil Lynott, as you can see by my current avatar im more into the rap/hip hop scene but still hold a special place for Thin Lizzy and Phil Lynott, my dad was a fan and had me hooked as a kid, in fact i think ill stick Live and Dangerous on tonight.

Current Avatar, Legend. Undoubtedly would be one of the worlds biggest artists had he not died at just 24. 

Watt-Zeefuik

It was a quick snap of a photo I took in the middle of driving in the heavy rain, intended to be a geographic joke.  My 2012 big cup scarf hanging from my rearview mirror, taking a picture of a street sign along Midlothian Turnpike, a road in the suburbs of Richmond.

I was nicknamed Norm after the great man so figured it was only proper to have him as my avatar.

In honour of those who fell in the Great War, and my father who received the two medals on the left for his service there, and my own medals, each representing a form of my service in different phases of my life, on a mat bearing a shoulder flash of the Scots Guards. The avatar will be removed in 2018.

Glad I bumped this.

There have been some cool answers so far. :2thumbsup:

Mine is because I love the wee man.

Amongst other things.

:notworthy:

luckyBatistuta

Mine is because I love the wee man.

Amongst other things.

:notworthy:

If you gave an explanation for every one that you've had, it would be a longer thread than the rangers one :lol:

I'm very similar to mine, I spend my life going around in circles and telling anybody that will listen who the big team is.

rudi must stay

Chose mine because I think it's a great picture, from probably my favorite Hearts result

I love Columbo.

Might change it in the future but it would just be a different pic of the lieutenant.

Wife says it's because I'm a "feckin know all, too".

The mods done my avatar after I posted a picture of my 40th birthday cake. Thank you mods, (never thought I'd ever say that).

Shanks said no

Because he won the Scottish Cup twice for Hearts, was my great grandfathers brother in law and according to family mythology fell out with Hearts with it ending up in court.

His name was George Philip.

Edit - my first avatar was Clare Balding, I was drunk when I chose it.

If you gave an explanation for every one that you've had, it would be a longer thread than the rangers one :lol:

I'm very similar to mine, I spend my life going around in circles and telling anybody that will listen who the big team is.

:2thumbsup:

I will also tell anybody that will listen what a great wee guy Robbo is. My dear old mum would too if she was still with us.

Because it's one of my favourite scenes from one of my favourite TV shows.

What TV series is it?

What TV series is it?

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

On Netflix and also on Vice weekdays at 9pm :thumbsup:

My ex wife is Lebanese. The avatar is the Lebanese FA crest. And the avatar has lasted longer than our marriage!

Archived