Scottish Cup Sponsor Found

Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle

THE SFA has finally announced a new Scottish Cup sponsor after 17 months.

The Cup has been without a sponsor since brewing giants Tennents moved their sponsorship to the national team in 2007.

The last Scottish Cup competition to bear the Tennants name was last year's Celtic V Dunfermline final.

The deal with the currently unnamed sponsor is expected to total ?3 million and will be in place in time for the second round ties on October 25.

Okay then, Suggetions?

Daily Ranger?

The Sun?

Dr. Bapswent

The Cup has been without a sponsor since brewing giants Tennents moved their sponsorship to the national team in 2007.

The last Scottish Cup competition to bear the Tennants name was last year's Celtic V Dunfermline final.

The deal with the currently unnamed sponsor is expected to total ?3 million and will be in place in time for the second round ties on October 25.

Okay then, Suggetions?

Daily Ranger?

The Sun?

Celtic FC will be the new sponsors of the SPL.

Okay then, Suggetions?

Daily Ranger?

The Sun?

HBOS

:rofl:

Or how about RBS?

That would be a good shout - go along with their sponsorship of the 6 nations...

I'M IBRAHIM TALL
Im going for a bookies

Funny you should say that because I was told it was BET365. Could be complete silent night though.

Funny you should say that because I was told it was BET365. Could be complete silent night though.

I just cant see one of your traditional source such as financial services,retail or drinks companies going for it at the moment, especially not one like the scottish cup.

Im not sure if their are specific rules about bookie sponsorship but I would imagine a bookies is in the best position to justify the expenditure on such an outgoing

Part of me would suspect scotbet as being the prime suspects - they where the new name for a bookies which escapes me as their trying to establish themself as a big player

Burnie_jambo
Celtic FC will be the new sponsors of the SPL.

not too far off. a former celtic director.

City Refrigeration Holding's Scottish Cup. Flows nicely me thinks ;)

You know, all the time that they didn't have a sponsor I'd have been happy to chuck them a ton for it.

What's the most any of you would have paid - seriously?

The "Your name Here" Scottish Cup

Has to be better than getting nothing.

The SFA had an agreement with Scottish Hydro Electric for ?750,000 a year.

Gordon Smith then upped the stakes to ?1m and the deal fell apart.

Maybe he went back with the begging bowl ?

:huh:

That is possibly the most bizarre sponsorship partnership I've ever heard. It has to be some sort of personal perk rather than an actual marketing move, given the area of business they operate in. May as well call it the Haughey Scottish Cup for all the good it's likely to do them. Weird. Very weird.

:huh:

That is possibly the most bizarre sponsorship partnership I've ever heard. It has to be some sort of personal perk rather than an actual marketing move, given the area of business they operate in. May as well call it the Haughey Scottish Cup for all the good it's likely to do them. Weird. Very weird.

Funny you should mention that, I believe the Hobos call it the Hee Haw cup after their chances of winning it...

Naming it after a refridgeration company is, by definition, 'cool' though, no?

Archived