Frail on Sportsound the nicht

Johanes de Silentio

Johanes de Silentio

"The strange substitution of Andy Driver against Inverness came from...elsewhere"

"A lot of players at Hearts are driving flash cars and earning big money without having kicked a ball"

Both quotes form Shaggy on BBC Radio Scotland in the last half hour!

Confidentiality agreement? What confidentiality agreement?

Guest jambomickey
"The strange substitution of Andy Driver against Inverness came from...elsewhere"

"A lot of players at Hearts are driving flash cars and earning big money without having kicked a ball"

i'd have more respect for frail if he came out and told us the truth what goes on at hearts

He doesn't say anything there that we didn't already know.

These things happened when he was "in charge" - unfortunately he showed absolutely no moral courage at that time what so ever.

The problem with the confidentiality clause is that too sue shaggy for it a lot more would end up coming out in court

Id imagine if he hits any nerves it will be good old character assasination

In all honesty he hasnt told us anything we don't know already, 1) the team selection is always um dodgy and 2) pedro gave too many average players too much money for too long

Drylaw Hearts

Shaggy didn't sign a Confidentiality Clause.

IIRC, he was paid 6 months money and had his SFA Coaching Course paid for.

jack D and coke
These things happened when he was "in charge" - unfortunately he showed absolutely no moral courage at that time what so ever.

Shaggy had a mortgage, bills to pay and a wife and kids to support. He wasn't earning a lot compared to some of the w*nkers masquerading as players. If he had walked away like loads of balloons on here told him to he would've got nowt.

Guest Fabuloso

Like Rix did you mean?

ToadKiller Dog

He wasnt given the job on sportsound to be bland and say nothing ,as a media pundit he has to have something to say .

I doubt he would go as far as to say something that would get him in trouble ,when it comes down to it he will want the club to do well.

Like Rix did you mean?

In Rix's defence he had the balls to actually say something when the whole webster/dundee utd farce happened

Frail stood back took his cash and did nothing and is now trying to erase the fact he had his spine removed for the 18 months he was asst manager/head coach and champion himself as some big hearts man again

Dont get me wrong he was a great player and that will never be forgotten but he let himself down as a non playing member of staff and sold out

He's now doing the same again happy to sell out to the media with little professional integrity

he never did anything for us while he was employed by hearts, no enthusiasm, no tactical skill, no man-management skills, plenty of willingness to be used as a proxy for vlad's whims, plenty of misplaced faith in the useless elliot.

it was as obvious as hell that he didn't give a flying one about the fortunes of the club, all he was interested in was the money at the end of the day.

and to top it all off, he was elevated to some undeserved 'plucky hero' status by the gutter media, and even some fans to be honest. given enormous credit for doing a great job in the face of adversity.

fekin cobblers.

csaba's got more enthusiasm and drive in his left one than frail had in his entire carcass. it's a small mercy but it's just great to see someone in the job who cares more about what he brings to the party than what he gets in return.

Guest jambomickey
he never did anything for us while he was employed by hearts, no enthusiasm, no tactical skill, no man-management skills, plenty of willingness to be used as a proxy for vlad's whims, plenty of misplaced faith in the useless elliot.

it was as obvious as hell that he didn't give a flying one about the fortunes of the club, all he was interested in was the money at the end of the day.

and to top it all off, he was elevated to some undeserved 'plucky hero' status by the gutter media, and even some fans to be honest. given enormous credit for doing a great job in the face of adversity.

fekin cobblers.

csaba's got more enthusiasm and drive in his left one than frail had in his entire carcass. it's a small mercy but it's just great to see someone in the job who cares more about what he brings to the party than what he gets in return.

the guy was thrown in at the deep end when he wasn't ready to pick up the pieces from vlads dud

Say What Again

He also said that Bendar and Skacel weren't interested and were posted missing when you needed to roll your sleeves up.

Again, nothing we didn't know, but it was interesting he only named those 2.

stevieC@pivot
In Rix's defence he had the balls to actually say something when the whole webster/dundee utd farce happened

Eh? no he never ,he bottled it and told the players that the team was not his,some strong individual !! and it was leaked to the press by him or aplayer.Some stand up guy that !! Did you not see the documentary " Roman,top man etc ,mmmmmm!!!

Frail stood back took his cash and did nothing and is now trying to erase the fact he had his spine removed for the 18 months he was asst manager/head coach and champion himself as some big hearts man again

Very harsh when you do not know the truth,when has he said he`s a big Hearts man after getting punted?

Dont get me wrong he was a great player and that will never be forgotten but he let himself down as a non playing member of staff and sold out

Pray tell how and when he has sold out?

He's now doing the same again happy to sell out to the media with little professional integrity

Again,what are you on about?

Guest Fabuloso

Agree re Rix. Frail on the other hand was unfortunate in that he found himself elavated beyond his ability too early. This was his downfall as he obviously didn't want to lose what he had. It also provided a platform for a potential move elsewhere (which didn't happen). The guy didn't make a fortune out of football and it's easy to see why he towed the line however he did, on occasion, have a right go. Rightly or wrongly, rock and a hard place. Let's not blame Shaggy, he was in a difficult position.

stevieC@pivot
He also said that Bendar and Skacel weren't interested and were posted missing when you needed to roll your sleeves up.

Again, nothing we didn't know, but it was interesting he only named those 2.

True, like we never saw that either!!

the guy was thrown in at the deep end when he wasn't ready to pick up the pieces from vlads dud

yes he was thrown in out of his depth but that's not an excuse for him going through the motions and letting vlad stick his mitt up his jacksie and playing sooty. after the experience he picked up as a hearts coach, he was always going to be able to work elsewhere, as his own man, maybe even somewhere as an assistant.

Guest Fabuloso

fekin cobblers.

Once again the Liths will be chuckling over their vodka on seeing Hearts fans tear into each other on this subject. Let's worry about the real issue guys. Look for the root cause.

Who made Shaggy manager?

Who made Rix manager?

etc,etc,etc,etc

Frail should be walking about wearing one of these

main-chip.jpg

He had no problem substituting players from elsewhere and playing those "big earners" when he had the reigns.

Poor play Mr Frail

Guest jambomickey
yes he was thrown in out of his depth but that's not an excuse for him going through the motions and letting vlad stick his mitt up his jacksie and playing sooty. after the experience he picked up as a hearts coach, he was always going to be able to work elsewhere, as his own man, maybe even somewhere as an assistant.

well it's vlad that should be getting the stick for throwing him in when he wasn't ready then!

Guest Fabuloso
well it's vlad that should be getting the stick for throwing him in when he wasn't ready then!

Exactly. I still can't see why posters argue about secondary issues when we all know (whether some admit it or not) what the cause of the problems are. I want my club back.

I can't really understand the amount of criticism of Frail on this messageboard.

He was offered a high position very early in his coaching career. In any industry, you would struggle to find somebody offered a fast tracked opportunity. As a decent man he did not want to leave the club when it was in a precarious position, admittedly this position has not really improved. But by "walking away" and telling the truth what would this have really achieved?

Any information that is revealed is more or less dismissed as old hat by supporters. "We already knew that Vlad picked the team, signed this player, picked this formation, wants rid of (insert name here)"

This point is mainly highlighed by the now infamous January 1st statement. It said that Frail would have sole selection of the team which I believe he had from this time onwards. It also alluded that the manager would be from or have experience from the UK. Granted it did not guarantee this but then why include it in the statement? It may as well say we hope to appoint Jose Mourinho because that would have been as likely in reality. Finally the board of directors said the manager would have sole responsibility for team selection. It now appears this is a team selection by committee and is not working. And what reaction has this caused?

Now I must admit that despite this I am also not running down to Tynecastle, Riccarton or the Ukio offices on Castle Street with my pitchfork and flames protesting against the state of our club. Nobody is. So how can Frail get such a hard time from supporters? What else could he have said and done that would have so dramatically changed the supporters attitudes and actions.

Exactly. I still can't see why posters argue about secondary issues when we all know (whether some admit it or not) what the cause of the problems are. I want my club back.

we all know vlad is the root of all that is **** at hearts.

1. there's nowt we can do about it.

2. it still doesn't excuse the likes of frail for allowing himself to be used as a puppet.

we've got one pain in the jacksie already who continually makes a mockery of the team... vlad. the last thing we need is a so-called manager who lets him.

look at it this way, would any of us take a job as 'manager' at hearts if the job description was only to pick whatever team vlad wanted? i know i wouldn't.

:dramaqueen:

I can't really understand the amount of criticism of Frail on this messageboard.

He was offered a high position very early in his coaching career. In any industry, you would struggle to find somebody offered a fast tracked opportunity. As a decent man he did not want to leave the club when it was in a precarious position, admittedly this position has not really improved. But by "walking away" and telling the truth what would this have really achieved?

Any information that is revealed is more or less dismissed as old hat by supporters. "We already knew that Vlad picked the team, signed this player, picked this formation, wants rid of (insert name here)"

This point is mainly highlighed by the now infamous January 1st statement. It said that Frail would have sole selection of the team which I believe he had from this time onwards. It also alluded that the manager would be from or have experience from the UK. Granted it did not guarantee this but then why include it in the statement? It may as well say we hope to appoint Jose Mourinho because that would have been as likely in reality. Finally the board of directors said the manager would have sole responsibility for team selection. It now appears this is a team selection by committee and is not working. And what reaction has this caused?

Now I must admit that despite this I am also not running down to Tynecastle, Riccarton or the Ukio offices on Castle Street with my pitchfork and flames protesting against the state of our club. Nobody is. So how can Frail get such a hard time from supporters? What else could he have said and done that would have so dramatically changed the supporters attitudes and actions.

Well said - Hearts fans are strange. We turn on ourselves in an instant, believing all sorts of rumours and half-truths to make a personal attack on somebody who gave 100% for HEARTS. If only we could direct some of this passion at the real culprit.

Frail did more for Hearts in the second half of last season than many Jambos did by standing idly by ("i'll give him until the summer"....."i'll give him until August 31st"........"i'll give him until Christmas"....etc etc)

I've always liked him, he always gave his best for the club.

that's the question. did he really?

look at what csaba puts into it and compare it to frail.

2. it still doesn't excuse the likes of frail for allowing himself to be used as a puppet.

we've got one pain in the jacksie already who continually makes a mockery of the team... vlad. the last thing we need is a so-called manager who lets him.

look at it this way, would any of us take a job as 'manager' at hearts if the job description was only to pick whatever team vlad wanted? i know i wouldn't.

C'mon, the vast majority of us spend every minute of our working lives allowing ourselves to be manipulated into tasks we do not always agree with. My office is a shambles but should I walk out in protest? Should I march into the Chief Execs office and have it out there and then? What do I tell my wife and daughter when I arrive home with a bin bag full of personal possessions??

Thunderstruck

So why didn't he name names?

Where is "elsewhere" - the bench, the stand, Kaunas, a hospital in US?

Jam Tarts 1874

I don't think Frail has said anything that we didn't know. As usual on here there seems to be the usual over-reaction.

Frail is a decent bloke who does not have any confidence in his own abilities and will therefore never be a good manager. I have no doubt that initially he had full control back in January, however he didn't make the most of the opportunity, perhaps he knew himself that he wasn't really good enough to take the role on and make it his own. He didn't get the respect of the players "driving the fast cars", that was evident particularly with both Nade and Kingston shouting abuse back at Frail in response to instructions. The spending time talking to the fan who had been criticising Frail's decisions also made Frail look like an idiot.

I hope Frail gets a decent living out of football as he clearly loves the game. If anyone thinks he wasn't concerned about what happened last season they should have been at the reserve games where it is easier to get close to the staff, Frail looked like a haunted man during the second half of last season.

C'mon, the vast majority of us spend every minute of our working lives allowing ourselves to be manipulated into tasks we do not always agree with. My office is a shambles but should I walk out in protest? Should I march into the Chief Execs office and have it out there and then? What do I tell my wife and daughter when I arrive home with a bin bag full of personal possessions??

i'm only looking at it from the viewpoint of a fan. people can make all manner of excuses for him or all manner of explanations as to why he had to remain in post, regardless of the conditions which were imposed on him. as a fan, i only care about what he brings to the club, i don't care about how or why he earns his wages, that's his lookout and his alone.

anyway, this is one of those hearts issues that polarises opinions. everyone has their own opinion about it and they will many and varied.

Johanes de Silentio

For what it's worth, I don't think that Frail sold out - I genuinely believe that he was he was trying to make the best of a bad situation by having at least one well-intentioned jambo in there amongst idiots like Korobochka, Angel, Malofeef, etc.

Unfortunately, though:

1 - he probably wisnae up to it (mibbes it came too early?)

2 - he had his hands tied for much of the time

3 - he was shafted!

I'll never forget Shaggy at his peak, terrorising teams form his RB berth - to the extent that Jim McLean had him (a right back ffs!) man-marked by a very young Christian Dailly!

Most peculiar, mama!

Al.

Guest jambomickey

frail was at every under 19,s game every 21,s game! csaba only attends first team games

frail was at every under 19,s game every 21,s game! csaba only attends first team games

wasn't frail short-handed in staff though? csaba has an assistant in that german bod.

what, so talking like a train for 15 mins and jumpin about like daffy duck on acid on the touchline is the key to being a good football manager? in that case get me Bez from the happy mondays, give him an Ipod and a handfull of 90`s E`s.....Europe here we come!

Frail was an ex player brought in to help coach the kids and was thrust/pushed/fell into the managers position. Stop give in the guy pelters when he has **** all to do with the problems we`ve had and will continue to have now he`s left, good luck to him, would even say i thought he was a nice guy if he wasn`t a ginger.

Like many posters on this thread, I don't think that Frail has said anything that we didn't already know.

1) VR tampers with the team, as is his want.

2) Frail LIED to Hearts fans about it.

He is a lying rat, I felt sympathy for him in the beginning, now I feel he was simply part of the problem. Easily as bad as Cervenkov and Korobochka IMO.

Guest jambomickey
wasn't frail short-handed in staff though? csaba has an assistant in that german bod.

yeah that's more reason to give the guy a break! he was being assisted by the fitness coach.

husref musemic

I thought it was honest and interesting, he was a coach thrown in the deep end. I enjoyed (the first) factual and honest appraisal of the club. sounds like a flaming shambles top to toe. Interesting and depresing at the same time.

Guest Fabuloso

You could start by not buying a ST or going to games. Don't know if you remember the poll tax however many people said 'there's nowt we can do about it'. Wouldn't you like to try? Empty stands at Tynecastle would speak volumes and help provoke a reaction. Physical protesting wouldn't go amiss either. At Tynecastle there is NOTHING like this - not even a solitary banner (so I'm told as I gave up my season ticket which I'd had for many years). Raise the profile of our woes and see what happens. You may feel better about yourself.

Like many posters on this thread, I don't think that Frail has said anything that we didn't already know.

He is a lying rat, I felt sympathy for him in the beginning, now I feel he was simply part of the problem. Easily as bad as Cervenkov and Korobochka IMO.

Which begs the old question......why do we let him do this without resistance?

Shaggy had a mortgage, bills to pay and a wife and kids to support. He wasn't earning a lot compared to some of the w*nkers masquerading as players. If he had walked away like loads of balloons on here told him to he would've got nowt.

Correct , lets all blame shaggy , its all his fault:rolleyes:

rudi must stay
Which begs the old question......why do we let him do this without resistance?

who would stop him though? He owns the club

the show was a joke................it was full of hasbeen managers.

frail-duffy-sandy clark.

I'd take Clark now!

Guest jambomickey

the target of our anger should be the 2 you mention plus the paranoid control freak in lithuania

You could start by not buying a ST or going to games. Don't know if you remember the poll tax however many people said 'there's nowt we can do about it'. Wouldn't you like to try? Empty stands at Tynecastle would speak volumes and help provoke a reaction. Physical protesting wouldn't go amiss either. At Tynecastle there is NOTHING like this - not even a solitary banner (so I'm told as I gave up my season ticket which I'd had for many years). Raise the profile of our woes and see what happens. You may feel better about yourself.

each to their own but i will never agree with that to be honest.

the mad one has never shown any signs of being receptive to any sort of criticism, insubordination by his perceived subjects or even polite pleas for him to make compromises. he's famously full of his own hype, he's said to have a massive regard for his own abilities and zero for anyone else's.

in that climate, i honestly think we would be barking up the wrong tree with any kind of action like that. the club needs every penny it can get and denying the club precious cash can only be counter-productive.

like i said, each to their own...

Archived