Lack Of Character....

jeramiah

I gave my ticket up last year and have only been to one game this year so far (St. Mirren at home) and aside from the cost, I don't really have much of a passion to return any time soon.

I'm tryin to understand why that is, as I've followed poor Hearts sides in the past but think it's quite simply down to the players we have are uninspiring. There's a lack of character.

Our Captain for a kick-off isn't a real captain (in my book). I'm convinced he lip-syncs half the time on the park and pretends to be shouting. He's not the greatest defender, but it's his lack of personality and passion that gets to me. Infact, with the exception of Mikey Stewart (and maybe Larry) I think our squad lacks passion and character.

Even when we've been poor in years goine by, I still enjoyed watching the likes of Crabbe, Levein, McPherson, Mackay, Robertson, Smith, Colquhoun, Frail, Fulton, Rousset, Bruno, Pressley, Hartley, etc, etc. These guys had character and personality, and I feel the current batch are totaly flat.

I gave my ticket up last year and have only been to one game this year so far (St. Mirren at home) and aside from the cost, I don't really have much of a passion to return any time soon.

I'm tryin to understand why that is, as I've followed poor Hearts sides in the past but think it's quite simply down to the players we have are uninspiring. There's a lack of character.

Our Captain for a kick-off isn't a real captain (in my book). I'm convinced he lip-syncs half the time on the park and pretends to be shouting. He's not the greatest defender, but it's his lack of personality and passion that gets to me. Infact, with the exception of Mikey Stewart (and maybe Larry) I think our squad lacks passion and character.

Even when we've been poor in years goine by, I still enjoyed watching the likes of Crabbe, Levein, McPherson, Mackay, Robertson, Smith, Colquhoun, Frail, Fulton, Rousset, Bruno, Pressley, Hartley, etc, etc. These guys had character and personality, and I feel the current batch are totaly flat.

That quote Proves you've not been to the Games, Larry is the biggest Wage Thief (Love that sayin) at the Club!!

But I agree with the rest of your post, Never got a season ticket this year,or Last TBH, But have been to the first 3 home games of the season, Apart from the Murderwell game, We don't look like we give a Fek, Win, Lose or Draw!!

Oh to have players like Robbo, Colquhoun, Crabbe etc... Instead of the sheeite we have to put up with Just now!! :mad:

no mater what is goin on with the team u should really stick by them through thick and thin! am not sayin your a bad supporter by thinking this and not renewing your season ticket bcz every1 has there own opinions/personal things but its times like this that the team needs its supporters! and to be fair we are in a better position than this time last season?

I haven't been since we lost to Dund. Utd on that horrible day... first game I've ever left early from..

It was a lack of passion, ideas and commitment and a complete dominance of apathy that made me leave, not the scoreline, although maybe that helped...

I haven't seen anything either this season so far or last to make we want to return.

I work bloody hard for my money, as I'm sure most people do, and if I choose to go to a game (or have a day out as it turns out to be) then my family suffer financially in the short term..

So with that in mind to go to Tynie and watch those overpaid muppets prance about, not earning their pay in the most disgraceful fashion is just not going to happen.

Giving 100% and failing is one thing, but to not try (very hard) at all is just galling.

I respect other peoples decisions to go to games and would not dream of calling anyone a Vlad apologist sc*m or whatever purely because they go,.. Therefore I request that those of us who choose not to go for any reason whatsoever are also respected in the same way.

IMO, the OP is right, there are no real characters,.. The captain doesn't lead in the way he should.

I believe the captain should be someone with the strength of character and personality to take control of the team on the park and get the work rate out of them. He should inspire and lead from the front.

Berra has been given the armband by Vlad, not the manager.. My feelings on this type of decision could well turn into another 6-7 pages so I'll leave it with those points for now!!

I have this feeling as well,

I used to go and watch Hearts home and away every game, now i attend all the home games and some away when i can and also when my financies permit but i find it hard to have the same passion and connection with the team when they dont display passion in their own performances. My old man feels the exact same way and has started watching our local junior team as at least they try.

I dont think the lack of quality is the thing that is turning people off (although it doesnt help) its the lack of desire or fight that saddens me.

On Saturday we were completley outfought by killie, how i wish we had a player like Pasquali in our team, he drove them on, won headers and tackles and absolutley dominated our midfield

Archived