Fans being targetted again

The People's Chimp

The People's Chimp

This time round it's scotland fans, on their way to a home fixture at hampden who will face arrest for carrying drink onto trains/buses or on their way to the game.

do the police have nothing better to do with their time?

At Hampden itself officers will be on the lookout for fans who try to approach the stadium without a ticket, or drunk.

Ch Supt Robin Howe of Strathclyde Police, said: "Members of the Tartan Army have a tremendous reputation around the world for their friendliness and high spirits.

"We are determined to ensure that this does not deteriorate into rowdiness or violence because too much drink has been taken by an irresponsible few.

"We are not out to spoil the party and hope that people heading for this important game will not spoil it either by carrying alcohol or having too much to drink."

Perish the thought that a fan without a ticket might turn up to try and buy one at the ground. When was the last time a game at Hampden was ruined by rowdiness and violence?

Yet another nonsense for football fans.

This time round it's scotland fans, on their way to a home fixture at hampden who will face arrest for carrying drink onto trains/buses or on their way to the game.

do the police have nothing better to do with their time?

Perish the thought that a fan without a ticket might turn up to try and buy one at the ground. When was the last time a game at Hampden was ruined by rowdiness and violence?

It's because football fans are and always have been an easy target.

Hence why the last Lib/Lab executive at Holyrood targeted neds and football fans in their great crime crackdown.

The People's Chimp
It's because football fans are and always have been an easy target.

Hence why the last Lib/Lab executive at Holyrood targeted neds and football fans in their great crime crackdown.

there's a distinct irony in kenny 'whank' mccaskill being the justice minister at this time.

I remember at the QoS v Rangers cup final you couldnt drink on the train from Glasgow Central to Mount Florida. Obviously as a consequence every single fan at the game who had travelled by train was stone cold sober as they had all sobered up during the lengthy journey.

there's a distinct irony in kenny 'whank' mccaskill being the justice minister at this time.

Indeed. It did cross my mind reading your post that there may be a connection between this story and the snp crusade against the evils of drink.

Whoever is in power at Holyrood it seems that their policy towards crime always seems to include football fans.

Apart from the occasional skirmish between casuals well away from the ground is football today really such a hotbed of serious criminal activity?

It go's back to the 70's and 80's. You were probably slightly to young to remember, but almost every game domestic and international was ruined by a large minority of drunken idiots who spoiled it for everybody else. That was why the criminal justice bill with draconian rules on drinking was introduced with blanket coverage of all football grounds.

As the Huns showed in Manchester once to much alcohol is consumed the idiots amongst us will show their true colours.

It go's back to the 70's and 80's. You were probably slightly to young to remember, but almost every game domestic and international was ruined by a large minority of drunken idiots who spoiled it for everybody else. That was why the criminal justice bill with draconian rules on drinking was introduced with blanket coverage of all football grounds.

As the Huns showed in Manchester once to much alcohol is consumed the idiots amongst us will show their true colours.

When was the last time there was bother at a Scotland game though?? They should start their policing on the Auld Farm where the real degenerates are and the violence never ends.

Strathclyde police are a joke - any jambo who's been through there knows that.

When was the last time there was bother at a Scotland game though??

When was the last time drink was allowed may be the answer.

The People's Chimp

I know that there were issues before my time; but now, when was the last time there was trouble at a scotland game at hampden, or anywhere else?

meanwhile the gruesome twosome and their sickening fans can behave as they like, and again it's those who don't cause the trouble who will be targeted. The SFA and strathclyde police, again, showing themselves up to be unthinking morons. As CCP says, that train journey to mount florida will really sober up all the guys who've been drinking in town.

I take it they'll be lifting everyone who commits the cardinal sin of carrying a wee hipper with a dram or two of whisky in it and banging them up for the weekend as they so deserve. I mean, it's not as though the strathclyde police cells are full or anything...

And yes, the huns showed their true colours, but guess what, the tartan army is mainly made up of people who don't follow either half of the ugly sisters.

I just find the whole thing utterly tiresome; politicians and police making political capital based on issues which are ten to twenty years out of date. And in order to appear to be doing something the unthinking blazers at park gardens or in the FA just folllow along like little lost puppies, not once standing up for the fans.

No wonder stadiums are like morgues and half empty.

When was the last time drink was allowed may be the answer.

We're not talking about a bar at half time (although they have that in the EPL) but arresting people having a bloody beer on a train!

We're not talking about a bar at half time (although they have that in the EPL) but arresting people having a bloody beer on a train!

I agree. I see myself as being a sensible drinker and a can of beer on a train would not seem unreasonable. The officer in charge of the game seems to have little common sense and is destined for promotion.

It was the quote about dipsticks being used on the trains that caught my attention. Then I wondered how will they test for alcohol. ;)

To be fair the last time I was at Hampden was the Scotland vs Lithuania game.

We normally go to the family stand (East) but couldnt gets tickets so had to go to the opposite end.

The number of guys who were in there who were drunk (I mean totally bladdered not just merry) was out of order. Guys were being sick in the bogs, falling all over the place, hardly able to watch the game. I'm talking lots and lots of people here, not just a small number.

I'm not against guys having a bevvy before the game, far from it, but I was quite surprised at the state that quite a few were allowed into the game in. Loads of people around me were ****ed off with it and I wouldnt be surprised if there were a few complaints

Cairneyhill Jambo

Reminds me of the time when I used to be a member of Linlithgow and District and travelled on the bus to aberdeen.

The bus used to get pulled over every time at the lay-by just outside Stonehaven by police just to make sure there was no alcohol on the bus.

They all thought we carried 2 litre bottles of coke because it was a long journey and we must be thirsty.

Think the colour of coke would have given it away.

Plums.

Archived