Best Hearts Wingers???

Captain Scarlett

Francis Albert

Johnny Hamilton and Tommy Traynor were the last pair of proper out-and-out pure wingers we had, players who rarely strayed more than ten yards from the touchline. Of slightly more modern, less purely wingers, Roald Jensen and Bobby Prentice. I didn't really see the likes of McCann and Colqhoun as wingers.

In my time Neil McCann and and JC. I still have fond memories of Willie Johnston in my early days at Tynie too.

Rudi Skacel anyone???!

I dont really count Rudi as a winger. He was more a wide midfield player. All down to interpretation but its the same as why I consider Giggs a winger and Beckham a wide midfielder.

I dont really count Rudi as a winger. He was more a wide midfield player. All down to interpretation but its the same as why I consider Giggs a winger and Beckham a wide midfielder.

And there was me thinking he played on the left wing too??!

And to think he hugged that touchline for nearly 90% of the game as well... he must have thought it was a lo-ooooooooong line of coke (allegedly)?!!!:rolleyes:

And to think he hugged that touchline for nearly 90% of the game as well... he must have thought it was a lo-ooooooooong line of coke (allegedly)?!!!:rolleyes:

Like I said its down to interpretation but I never thought of Rudi as a winger in the traditional sense in the same way as I dont think of Beckham as a winger in the traditional sense. And Beckham, certainly in his Man Utd days hugged the touchline as much as Rudi.

The People's Chimp

who?

Johnny Hamilton and Tommy Traynor - at least the got to the byline regulary and whipped in decent crosses and they pitched in with a few goals!!

Commander Harris

John Colquhoun and, on his day, Neil McCann. That league cup final performance was incredible for example and although admittedly he didn't always perform to that level I think McCann was consistently good in his first spell with us with some cracking games now and then.

Broxburn Jambo
John Colquhoun and, on his day, Neil McCann. That league cup final performance was incredible for example and although admittedly he didn't always perform to that level I think McCann was consistently good in his first spell with us with some cracking games now and then.

Also the semi v Falkirk

Father Tiresias
Miko.

Failing that, Neil McCann (in my lifetime) was the best.

Someone told me off yesterday for suggesting that Miko is a poor winger and that he is in fact a wide midfielder, as someone else pointed out about about Rudi Skacel.

Rudi Skacel?? Miko??? Yer havin a laugh mate!!

Anyway, all my favourite wingers have already been mentioned, Aird, Prentice, Jensen, Colqhoun and McCann.

McCann's best game in a maroon jersey was in the League Cup final when we were cheated by Rangers at Parkhead, McCann was absolutely outstanding that day!!!

Miko couldn't begin to tie McCann's boots!!

Isaac Begbie

In my lifetime it has to be John Colquhoun. When you consider the batterings he took week in week out at a time when the game was far more physical than it is today, and then remember that he just got up and got on with it rarely missing a game and rarely letting it effect his performance level just speaks volumes for how good he was.

Miko.

Failing that, Neil McCann (in my lifetime) was the best.

I realise you were pretty young when McCann was first at Hearts but please tell me you dont actually think Miko is a better winger than Neil McCann (96-98 version)? Nothing against Miko as hes actually been one of our best players this season (not hard admittedly) but McCann was in a different league.

Archived