Aberceltic.....what will happen first?

Therapist

Will they be relegated or will they go out of business when they lose Pit Tawdry in March 2011?

Will they be relegated or will they go out of business when they lose Pit Tawdry in March 2011?

there is only one team that will go bust or get relegated, which ever comes first, and its hearts, anybody who thinks different, has been on the moon for the last 5 years

Ryan Gosling
Because they don't like Glasgow Rangers and are therefore Celtic minded.

Gotcha.

We don't like Rangers either, right?

So we're Hheart of Mhidlothian?

Dont think they are overly keen on the Tic either but that would ruin the ops notion of the world.

I believe it would cost around ?1.25m to get rid of Tango man so cant see that happening, he'd have to walk.

Dont think they are overly keen on the Tic either but that would ruin the ops notion of the world.

I believe it would cost around ?1.25m to get rid of Tango man so cant see that happening, he'd have to walk.

Something will have to give if results dont pick up. The board may act to deflect flack away from themselves.

shaun.lawson

Neither will happen. They'll stay up, and might well end up above us under their new manager, Mark McGhee - and the ground situation will be sorted out. And as I've said before, any Hearts fan pontificating about another club going down the plughole might well find themselves on a seriously sticky wicket.

By the way, you do realise that in the entire world, probably only you and your little chum ever refer to Aberdeen FC as "Aberceltic"?

shaun.lawson
Something will have to give if results dont pick up. The board may act to deflect flack away from themselves.

I think their board - because paying him off will be so expensive, and because he's serially unpopular with their fans, are gradually pulling away the carpet from under him. They clearly hope he'll jump before he's pushed; and it's surely only a matter of time now.

Charlie-Brown
I think their board - because paying him off will be so expensive, and because he's serially unpopular with their fans, are gradually pulling away the carpet from under him. They clearly hope he'll jump before he's pushed; and it's surely only a matter of time now.

Why would Tangoman resign instead of getting a pay-off ? Plenty managers struggle to get back into the game - I also think he believes he will turn it around.

shaun.lawson
Why would Tangoman resign instead of getting a pay-off ? Plenty managers struggle to get back into the game - I also think he believes he will turn it around.

Yes, he probably does - unfortunately for him though, no-one else does! And that probably includes his board. After the way they performed at Celtic, they really had to win yesterday to show the players were still behind the manager: it was the acid test in many ways. But they blew it - and even if they picked up a bit, it'll be at best just another mid-table season off the back of a pretty poor one last year too (albeit they ended up a ludicrously flattering 4th).

It's pretty clear he peaked there by finishing 3rd and doing well in Europe - but they're not really going anywhere, and it's time for a change. I agree with you about the problems he'll have in finding a new job: his profile isn't high enough for him to get a Championship job, meaning he'll almost certainly end up in League 1. But if their board are trying to force the issue, players are bound to pick up on it, so weakening his authority and leading to even worse results. In that case, it'd be in his interests to get out before his reputation completely collapsed: and he and the board will probably come to a deal whereby they pay off a substantial chunk of his contract - but not all of it.

Pants Shaton

If Aberdeen finish 12th expect a hastily arranged league reconstruction.

That said, more chance of us finishing 12th than them.

Top six, reached two domestic semi-finals and a run in Europe.

What more are they seriously expecting?

Calderwood will be sacked/walk by Christmas.

Aberdeen will make a move for John Hughes.

Not sure about the timescales for Calderwood, who in my opinion is a dreadful manager.

I do agree, however, that they will go for Hughes, and I think it would be a good appointment for both.

I see Sean has suggested McGhee will be their new man, however, I can't see it. I do (grudgeingly) like McGhee, but feel he is a better talker/analyst than manager. I also understand that he has been getting himself touted about to lower level English clubs and would not think twice about returning South, indeed I believe he has a partner in Brighton, or somewhere near there who has refused to come to Scotland. Not sure of the partner's gender? Brighton and all that...........?

The White Cockade
Aberceltic ha ha, oh dear oh dear. In what way are Aberdeen connected to Celtic?

They are not

I did write out about 100 words on this before I remembered I was being hooked so scrubbed it

So I will just say this

DO NOT FEED THE TROLL

Charlie-Brown
They are not

I did write out about 100 words on this before I remembered I was being hooked so scrubbed it

So I will just say this

DO NOT FEED THE TROLL

I've always thought this was a curious phrase - what do trolls eat?

The White Cockade
I've always thought this was a curious phrase - what do trolls eat?

people who don't realise they are being had

Bomber Harris
Understood.

Up the RA then, I guess.

Yes UP THE 'RA......................................the R.A.F. they are the real 'RA.

Not those horrible ****bags who hide under boulders, down the sewers, in the gutters, in the stands of Parkhead etc.

Bomber Harris
Why Aberceltic?

In honour of Aberdeen's nack of conceeding 5, 6, 7 goals in game's over the course of two seasons against the beggars then in return either loosing narrowly or gaining points against the mighty Glasgow Rangers.

shaun.lawson
In honour of Aberdeen's nack of conceeding 5, 6, 7 goals in game's over the course of two seasons against the beggars then in return either loosing narrowly or gaining points against the mighty Glasgow Rangers.

Then being the first team to beat MON's all-conquering Celtic in 01/2; then doing it again against an even stronger side in 03/4. Forgotten those, have we...? :rolleyes:

Shaun, don't let facts get in the way.

In addition, I don't think there is a single AFC fan that would use the term "mighty" when describing either of bigot brothers clubs, but it does seem that Boom an uber Hearts fans volunteers that accolade to one of them :cool::(:eek:

Mind you if rumours are to be believed, win lose or draw, we'll be off bottom spot before we return from the international break :P

Yours,

aDONis

Oh dear.

shaun.lawson

In addition, I don't think there is a single AFC fan that would use the term "mighty" when describing either of bigot brothers clubs, but it does seem that Boom an uber Hearts fans volunteers that accolade to one of them :cool::(:eek:

Quite. If you ask me, Hearts' recent record against Rangers is just as open to scrutiny - especially since, for quite a time, Celtic didn't enjoy playing us at all. Doubtless, Bomber Harris and chums think it's only right and proper that we defer to them: they are 'mighty' (with a magnificent two SPL titles this decade to Celtic's six), after all... :rolleyes:

Mind you if rumours are to be believed, win lose or draw, we'll be off bottom spot before we return from the international break :P

You cheeky monkey! :P Fingers crossed it doesn't come to that. Out of interest, do you think Tango is on his uppers - and if so, d'you reckon Milne would go after McGhee, or Hughes?

Yours,

aDONis

Bomber Harris
Then being the first team to beat MON's all-conquering Celtic in 01/2; then doing it again against an even stronger side in 03/4. Forgotten those, have we...? :rolleyes:

Your missing the point here, Rangers fans are the ones who gave them the label, check your facts when thebeggars when humping Aberdeen right left and centre but Aberdeen put on a show for the Mighty, Forgot face facts SHAUN ?

PS Don't forget the hammerings the beggars were giving to us at the same time.... mmmmmmmmm

Bomber Harris

Yours,

aDONis

"We arrrra People"

"We arrrrra Mighty Glasgow Rangers"

common phrases used by them, were have you been ?

Bomber Harris
Quite. If you ask me, Hearts' recent record against Rangers is just as open to scrutiny - especially since, for quite a time, Celtic didn't enjoy playing us at all. Doubtless, Bomber Harris and chums think it's only right and proper that we defer to them: they are 'mighty' (with a magnificent two SPL titles this decade to Celtic's six), after all... ...

You better believe it, Hearts' record against them is shocking, don't know what is worse, the Rangers one or the beggars one.

One thing you are right about though is the beggars do not enjoy playing us at all at Tynecastle, both players and fans.

False allegation to assume "we" as in Hearts or fans should defer to them.

PS. Two SPL titles more for the "Mighty" than what Hearts could ever wish for.

shaun.lawson
Your missing the point here, Rangers fans are the ones who gave them the label, check your facts when thebeggars when humping Aberdeen right left and centre but Aberdeen put on a show for the Mighty, Forgot face facts SHAUN ?

PS Don't forget the hammerings the beggars were giving to us at the same time.... mmmmmmmmm

Rangers fans gave them that label because it fitted in entirely with their paranoid, gibberish view of the world. Aberdeen in 1999/2000 were a monumental embarrassment of a football team - and the one thing John Barnes' Celtic could do was mow down utter roadkill such as that. Hence the hammerings - Celtic also beat us 4-0 that year, despite being awful, and actually scored almost as many goals as the best Rangers side I've ever seen, despite finishing 21 points adrift of them!

So what if the Dons beat Rangers in the diddy cup? I doubt they were much bothered, to be honest. They beat us around that time as well, if you recall. Granted, there's an extra edge to Dons-Gers games, which goes back to the Durrant incident, as well as Rangers fan Fergie making a point of developing a siege mentality against Glasgow in the 80s. But there's an extra edge to Hearts-Celtic games too, and I don't see you complaining about that - and it is nuts, simple lunacy, to suggest either Aberdeen or Hearts would lie down against Celtic or Rangers respectively.

King of the North

I dont know if you are a hearts fan who wants to be a hun, or a hun masquerading as a hearts fan.

Either way, with forelock tugging 'cousins of william' like you about, no wonder folk refer to us as diet huns.

I dont mind Aberdeen, personally, and I have never heard them referred to as Aberceltic by anyone - mind you I spend zero time on follow follow.

But Aberdeen are OK - they have a tasty range of anti hun songs.

:hobofish:

there is only one team that will go bust or get relegated, which ever comes first, and its hearts, anybody who thinks different, has been on the moon for the last 5 years

:hobofish: i have told you before hobo, get lost back to your leith dos house, and keep off this forum, as you are just making a fool of yourself.:hobofish:

MOD EDIT

shaun.lawson
You better believe it, Hearts' record against them is shocking, don't know what is worse, the Rangers one or the beggars one.

One thing you are right about though is the beggars do not enjoy playing us at all at Tynecastle, both players and fans.

False allegation to assume "we" as in Hearts or fans should defer to them.

PS. Two SPL titles more for the "Mighty" than what Hearts could ever wish for.

I'm glad to hear it! And yes, Rangers are an infinitely more successful club than we've been or will surely ever be - but then, they also have about 35,000 more fans through the gate, millions more worldwide, and tens of millions more to spend on the wagebill and in the transfer market. Doesn't mean I don't want to stuff them every time we play, and our record at Ibrox drives me mental! But we're not really comparing like with like here, as you of course know.

Charlie-Brown
Rangers fans gave them that label because it fitted in entirely with their paranoid, gibberish view of the world. Aberdeen in 1999/2000 were a monumental embarrassment of a football team - and the one thing John Barnes' Celtic could do was mow down utter roadkill such as that. Hence the hammerings - Celtic also beat us 4-0 that year, despite being awful, and actually scored almost as many goals as the best Rangers side I've ever seen, despite finishing 21 points adrift of them!

So what if the Dons beat Rangers in the diddy cup? I doubt they were much bothered, to be honest. They beat us around that time as well, if you recall. Granted, there's an extra edge to Dons-Gers games, which goes back to the Durrant incident, as well as Rangers fan Fergie making a point of developing a siege mentality against Glasgow in the 80s. But there's an extra edge to Hearts-Celtic games too, and I don't see you complaining about that - and it is nuts, simple lunacy, to suggest either Aberdeen or Hearts would lie down against Celtic or Rangers respectively.

There was an edge to Rangers & Aberdeen games going way back before then Shaun back to the late seventies & early eighties when Aberdeen emerged as a genuine threat to the Old Firm - Willie Johnston running over the throat of John McMaster and putting his life at risk added a degree of nastiness into the fixture...take a look at this game which was about 3 years before the Durrant / Simpson incident.

There was an edge to Rangers & Aberdeen games going way back before then Shaun back to the late seventies & early eighties when Aberdeen emerged as a genuine threat to the Old Firm - Willie Johnston running over the throat of John McMaster and putting his life at risk added a degree of nastiness into the fixture...take a look at this game which was about 3 years before the Durrant / Simpson incident.

Rankgers make me sick, so do sellic. but the best hatred is for the leith sc-m.:boak:

shaun.lawson

:hae36:

They don't make 'em like that any more, do they? :biggrin: Watching the video, you can see how good Fergie was with the mind games even then: Rangers were the ones who got suckered into X-rated challenges. And there's those friendly locals, once again upholding their club's good name and reputation for sportsmanship... I wonder if the visiting fans managed to get out alive! :eek: "We arra people!" Sheesh...

Don't you think though, NMH, that Fergie's arrival at Pittodrie was key to all this? I could be wrong - I mean, I know Aberdeen had started to emerge in the year or two before he was appointed - but it's always struck me that, Govan born and bred, he was particularly keen to distance himself and paint Rangers as the enemy in order to convince his players what they were up against, and thus, how much hard work and sacrifice would be needed. Hence the nastiness of the rivalry which developed - no?

One sidelight, by the way: have Rangers ever been reduced to nine men at Ibrox since? And would any ref have the balls to do it now?

Charlie-Brown

I think the Rangers v Aberdeen rivalry really first emerged after this game during Ally McLeod(?) tenure.......nobody for years before had heard of such a score or believed such a thing was possible given how dominant the Old Firm had been.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/scotland/league-cup/1976-1977/results/sf

Major some of the sheep who post on here could add their perspective or some of the historical details.

Hi Shaun, you asked earlier about Tango and whether he was on his uppers.

I'm not sure, he's certainly not popular with the locals, but in all honesty, I think he is but a few results away from a reprieve.

We're bottom at the moment, but if we look at it another way, we're only 6 points from 3rd.

I would suggest that he's got till Christmas at least. We've got 6 games coming up v the "also rans" before we travel to the Govan Shytyard, so that could change the whole landscape.

IMHO we've got a lot of bellyaching going on, with no real substance. There is no "obvious" replacement that would guarantee better results than we've had under Tango. Rumours are that we're lining up Billy Davies/Darren Ferguson/Eric Black/Neale Cooper* delete as appropriate. I doubt we've done any of that.

Much though, I've never liked Tango (and didn't want him appointed) he's a thick skinned hoor and suspect he'll bounce back. In addition, no matter what people will try to suggest Aberdeen under Tango and Sash are a significantly different proposition to what we were before he arrived.

Second question; regarding the relationship between us and the huns. Well I've been going since mid 70's and it's always been bad.

My uncle's been going since the 50's, he even used to travel away then as well :eek: and he thinks it stems from around the late 60's early 70's and has got worse ever since.

There is no definitive flash point, but more just lots and lots of prejudice that becomes myth and legend.

I dislike both sides of the OF, I don't think they have been a positive influence on Scottish Football or Scotland for that matter.

Anyway, they're huns, what's to like :)

NMH - we've put more than 5 past them a couple of times.

Yours

aDONis

:rolleyes:

:hae36:

They don't make 'em like that any more, do they? :biggrin: Watching the video, you can see how good Fergie was with the mind games even then: Rangers were the ones who got suckered into X-rated challenges. And there's those friendly locals, once again upholding their club's good name and reputation for sportsmanship... I wonder if the visiting fans managed to get out alive! :eek: "We arra people!" Sheesh...

Don't you think though, NMH, that Fergie's arrival at Pittodrie was key to all this? I could be wrong - I mean, I know Aberdeen had started to emerge in the year or two before he was appointed - but it's always struck me that, Govan born and bred, he was particularly keen to distance himself and paint Rangers as the enemy in order to convince his players what they were up against, and thus, how much hard work and sacrifice would be needed. Hence the nastiness of the rivalry which developed - no?

One sidelight, by the way: have Rangers ever been reduced to nine men at Ibrox since? And would any ref have the balls to do it now?

I enjoy reading your posts at this time of night Shaun. Saves me taking a Nytol. Cheerzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Archived