Reverting to hoofball

Ryan Gosling

Interesting to see Csaba says he hasn't told the players to do this.

Not good.

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/10/05/SPL-Laszlo-on-defeat/

Gives me more confidence in Csaba reading that actually. He obviously knows that a long ball game will not work and wants to avoid it. He just needs to make sure it's fixed for the derby.

Long ball is the easy way out. Saves the players having to actually TRY and play football, they're a bunch of no-hopers who don't give a toss about Hearts and only like checking their bank balances to see how much they're conning out of Hearts AND the fans!

Ray Winstone

You could see it against Dundee United.

Absolute madness, esspecially against Wilkie and Dodds.

Was not at the game yesterday so cant really comment but from what people are saying on here it sounds like it was much the same.

Long ball is the easy way out. Saves the players having to actually TRY and play football, they're a bunch of no-hopers who don't give a toss about Hearts and only like checking their bank balances to see how much they're conning out of Hearts AND the fans!

Come on dude. Have you played footy at ANY level. It's all about confidence, not laziness. To play the passing game you need confidence in yourseld AND your team mates. That's what Csaba will be trying to build. We need to help that. The long ball comes when you dont want to make mistakes and we know what happens to players who make mistakes at Tynie, so do you blame them??

It's not wage thievery. Yes they are well-paid professionals but they are human. Let's give them some time to let the confidence grow. Defeats and bad performances were on the cards this year: we're young, we are learning, and yes, at some point they will need to stand up and be counted, but lets help them do it

ToadKiller Dog

Reverting to hoofball to me points to no experianced leadership on the pitch and that they still have a very fragile confidence in there own abilities(a good bit thanks to the off field nonsense of the last few years) ,as i dont sign onto the idea that the are all greedy players who dont give a feck about the club and have no passion.

As said at the start Csaba has a big job on his hands.

Come on dude. Have you played footy at ANY level. It's all about confidence, not laziness. To play the passing game you need confidence in yourseld AND your team mates. That's what Csaba will be trying to build. We need to help that. The long ball comes when you dont want to make mistakes and we know what happens to players who make mistakes at Tynie, so do you blame them??

It's not wage thievery. Yes they are well-paid professionals but they are human. Let's give them some time to let the confidence grow. Defeats and bad performances were on the cards this year: we're young, we are learning, and yes, at some point they will need to stand up and be counted, but lets help them do it

I agree that confidence is everything but, building from the back, passing through midfield, out wide etc.. and actually finding, and moving into space is what football's all about. It's not the fans' fault that once a player makes a pass he more often than not, stops in his tracks and dosen't move into space or even offer something for the opposition to worry about, all they have to do is mark the players and they stop us playing, and the person that received the pass has no-one to pass to himself which, ususally results in us losing possession. That's when fans start to get on players' backs and also why they start the hoofball pish, you don't need to have played football at any level to know that's how it's played, it's shown enough on TV.

I agree that confidence is everything but, building from the back, passing through midfield, out wide etc.. and actually finding, and moving into space is what football's all about. It's not the fans' fault that once a player makes a pass he more often than not, stops in his tracks and dosen't move into space or even offer something for the opposition to worry about, all they have to do is mark the players and they stop us playing, and the person that received the pass has no-one to pass to himself which, ususally results in us losing possession. That's when fans start to get on players' backs and also why they start the hoofball pish, you don't need to have played football at any level to know that's how it's played, it's shown enough on TV.

That's exactly how its played, but confidence and ability also dictates off the ball movement. Let's face it, Scottish/Hearts fans usually moan if the team try to string passes together. "Get it in the *** box!" comes the cry!! I just think everyone needs to chill the feck out, both on a saturday with the boys and in the longterm with Csaba. The game earlier in the season when we played Driver Obua and Kingston behind Mole, the movement was excellent

Csaba must then know who the culprits are. And if so they should be immediately dropped and replaced with players who can do exactly what he wants. We have good quality (if inexperienced) youth players who could do a job if given the proper coaching and a chance.

Drop Berra, Zaliukas, Wallace, Karipidas and bring in Rapnik, McGowan, Ruben / Bruno and Brown.

Long ball to Audrey was stupidity, lumping a ball to a midget is never going to doing nothing more than allow them to defend simply and attack us again.

monkfish1979

Word. Footballers are paid well over the odds for a job that most of us could only dream of having, but they are mostly just young guys trying to carve out a career. Wages aside, if you're in your 20's and you're getting pelters from every side - including a horrendous amount of abuse from the national press - you aren't going to walk out with a whole load of confidence.

I'm as pi**ed off as the next Jambo if we lose a match, but the number of us willing to write off the team after playing less than 10 games is shocking. The number of people that seem to have turned on the manager recently even more so. If we're so much more knowledgable about training and tactics then why aren't more people on this board involved in top level football?

What happened to standing up for your club? It's cheesy and tacky, but there seems to be more than a little bit of pleading in this whole "together" campaign being run by the club. There are enough people willing to (rightly or wrongly) rip the pesh out of us outside of HMFC. I'll leave them to it.

Cue lots of really really funny "thanks Vlad/Csaba/Rodney" "jokes"......

Word. Footballers are paid well over the odds for a job that most of us could only dream of having, but they are mostly just young guys trying to carve out a career. Wages aside, if you're in your 20's and you're getting pelters from every side - including a horrendous amount of abuse from the national press - you aren't going to walk out with a whole load of confidence.

I'm as pi**ed off as the next Jambo if we lose a match, but the number of us willing to write off the team after playing less than 10 games is shocking. The number of people that seem to have turned on the manager recently even more so. If we're so much more knowledgable about training and tactics then why aren't more people on this board involved in top level football?

What happened to standing up for your club? It's cheesy and tacky, but there seems to be more than a little bit of pleading in this whole "together" campaign being run by the club. There are enough people willing to (rightly or wrongly) rip the pesh out of us outside of HMFC. I'll leave them to it.

well said that man

Yeah my brother and I were discussing this after the match.

It was as if they had had enough of passing football and simply reverted to type. Any neutral watching long balls being humped up to Audrey would have wondered at the mentality of the players.

On the other hand, Killie were pressing with 5 in midfield so a passing game would have required quick thought and movement - and Hearts don't DO movement just now. Watch them at throw ins . . like bloody statues ! No wonder the Killie boys robbed us so often at our throw ins :mad:

Maybe you are talking purely about Csaba but people are ****ed off and it's not just after 10 games. This has been going on since the summer of 2006.

I'm also not sure why we make excuses for players by describing them as "young". Most of them are in their twenties. We need to stop treating them as boys and realise that they are fully grown adults.

A lot of the players we think of as being inexperienced like Wallace made their debuts years ago. If they are so scared of making mistakes then either they are just not good enough or we should be employing a physcoligist to help get their heads sorted out.

Maybe you are talking purely about Csaba but people are ****ed off and it's not just after 10 games. This has been going on since the summer of 2006.

I'm also not sure why we make excuses for players by describing them as "young". Most of them are in their twenties. We need to stop treating them as boys and realise that they are fully grown adults.

A lot of the players we think of as being inexperienced like Wallace made their debuts years ago. If they are so scared of making mistakes then either they are just not good enough or we should be employing a physcoligist to help get their heads sorted out.

I actually do agree, its just such a difficult situation. It's like catch 22, mexican standoff stuff. They should be playing like paid professionals, but they are human and mostly young. I just think we all want Hearts to do well and we can help this more by backing them, or at least sit in silence for those who cant manage positivity.

And for what its worth, Wallace, Mole, Elliot, Eggo, to and extent, Berra and Miko are all young guys who've come through at a very difficult time at this club, so the 'experience' they do have is barely worth a hoot. We sorely, sorely need someone with real experience to help them

I actually do agree, its just such a difficult situation. It's like catch 22, mexican standoff stuff. They should be playing like paid professionals, but they are human and mostly young. I just think we all want Hearts to do well and we can help this more by backing them, or at least sit in silence for those who cant manage positivity.

And for what its worth, Wallace, Mole, Elliot, Eggo, to and extent, Berra and Miko are all young guys who've come through at a very difficult time at this club, so the 'experience' they do have is barely worth a hoot. We sorely, sorely need someone with real experience to help them

I can see where you are coming from but I agree, they are no longer youth players, especially considering most have had 3 season if not more in first team football with Hearts and other clubs. Footballer don't retire and collect a pension, they go come 35 (if not before) so at their age, they should know exactly what to do, when and how to handle pressure.

As mentioned by Csaba they are not following orders, so I hope to see wholesale changes in personnel or if not those orders starting to be followed. If neither happens then questions should be asked over the manager, no matter how long he has had.

If a manager can see the problem but do nothing to fix it then he is either incompetent or lacking in authority, never of which is good for Hearts.

Archived